Author Topic: Topre switch w/ MX Compatible Stem.....  (Read 116723 times)

Offline dante

Re: Topre switch w/ MX Compatible Stem.....
« Reply #300 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 16:09:21 »
1. Has anyone at Coolermaster mentioned possible Silent variants - or if that is even possible with these?
2. Any guesses as to how well O-Rings / Landing Pads will compare to Topre silencing?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:02:24 »
55g full size please!!

This x1000000000000000000000

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:03:09 »

Found another video with some information everyone might be interested in, 45g weighting across the board, but Carter said they weren't ruling out adding a 30, and 55g variant with different form factors.  Forward to around the 6:30 mark for info on the Novatouch.

55g full size please!!

Why full size? More domes to harvest or you just like the layout?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #303 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:05:46 »

Found another video with some information everyone might be interested in, 45g weighting across the board, but Carter said they weren't ruling out adding a 30, and 55g variant with different form factors.  Forward to around the 6:30 mark for info on the Novatouch.

55g full size please!!

I just like the layout!!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #304 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:11:55 »
1. Has anyone at Coolermaster mentioned possible Silent variants - or if that is even possible with these?
2. Any guesses as to how well O-Rings / Landing Pads will compare to Topre silencing?

I'm pretty sure the bottom of the plunger will be the same as the current Topre boards which means you should have no problem silencing them on your own.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #305 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:13:48 »
If they do a 55 I'll convert to topre.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #306 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:18:07 »

55g full size please!!

Oh, I dun really care for fullsize. Just want 55g :P

Offline tbc

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:36:06 »

chicken dinner right there...

hopefully he means 60% and 75% and not just full-size.

I'm sure there's going to be at lest a couple of happy forum members here about 30g domes.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:38:37 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #308 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:38:29 »
Probably just fullsize

Many gamers are scared of 60% and 75%

I'll ask around if you'd like
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:38:54 »
Can't wait to see the price on these. Not super happy about the 45g or the size (I really want a poker layout topper board), but if it's cheapish, CM has a buy from me.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline tbc

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:40:11 »
Probably just fullsize

Many gamers are scared of 60% and 75%

I'll ask around if you'd like

*clap*

that'd be great

sicne you're a gamer, any reasons 75% would actually be bad (besides no numpad)?  is it just unfamiliarity?

60% i definitely understand why people would veer away

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #311 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:44:27 »
Can't wait to see the price on these. Not super happy about the 45g or the size (I really want a poker layout topper board), but if it's cheapish, CM has a buy from me.
I have already come to the conclusion that CM is probably going to have to keep the prices low even if they don't want to, since they are putting it out there as a gaming keyboard and presumably most mechanical keyboards are bought by gamers I don't see how a gamer can justify a big price tag without your standard gamer backlighting. I am thinking they should ask $110-$120 for it, if it's higher I don't see how they can sell it to your average person. Just think QFR vs Filco for pricing hopefully.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:52:47 »
I showed a CS:GO player and a Dota player them the noppoo choc mini and the Poker II

Both of them were wary of the Poker, no F-keys, no arrow keys, blah blah

CS:GO player didn't seem too wary of the noppoo, cuz it has f-keys, but the weird spacing of the f-row (it being close to the numrow, no space between F4 and F5) put off both of them completely.

So yeah, I expect they'll keep their fullsizes for now.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #313 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:53:53 »
I have already come to the conclusion that CM is probably going to have to keep the prices low even if they don't want to, since they are putting it out there as a gaming keyboard and presumably most mechanical keyboards are bought by gamers I don't see how a gamer can justify a big price tag without your standard gamer backlighting. I am thinking they should ask $110-$120 for it, if it's higher I don't see how they can sell it to your average person. Just think QFR vs Filco for pricing hopefully.
\

even $200 is fine by me. f660c is at that price, and this is better

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:55:29 »
\

But this is geekhack, prices most people here are willing to pay is irrelevant. I personally think it would be insane to pay $200 for this when you know its going to come with cheap keycaps and the HHKB is only $60 more than that with really good keycaps...

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:57:09 »
\

But this is geekhack, prices most people here are willing to pay is irrelevant. I personally think it would be insane to pay $200 for this when you know its going to come with cheap keycaps and the HHKB is only $60 more than that with really good keycaps...

Factor that in, then ~$150 is what they should aim for

Really hope (but most likely will never happen) is barebones, so we can put in what we want

Offline neunelfer

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:10:51 »
I showed a CS:GO player and a Dota player them the noppoo choc mini and the Poker II

CS:GO player didn't seem too wary of the noppoo, cuz it has f-keys, but the weird spacing of the f-row (it being close to the numrow, no space between F4 and F5) put off both of them completely.

What does the GO player even use the F keys for?

Offline Polymer

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:10:57 »

You're missing the main point though..which is this can take Cherry MX Keycaps. 

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:15:21 »

And that is REALLY going to matter to the majority of customers who aren't going to even swap caps?....

I am not missing any point.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:17:32 »

What does the GO player even use the F keys for?

Quickly buy just one specific gun. Save himself a few fractions of a second to get rolling.

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #320 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:18:37 »

And that is REALLY going to matter to the majority of customers who aren't going to even swap caps?....

I agree with you, but at the same time, the majority of regular customers will probably not even know what an HHKB is, and saying "it has better key caps" would probably not justify a $60 increase to them, especially with the irregular layout. Still, $200 would be far too high of a price for this keyboard.
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #321 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:24:19 »
But this is geekhack, prices most people here are willing to pay is irrelevant. I personally think it would be insane to pay $200(or even $150) for this when you know its going to come with cheap keycaps and the HHKB is only $60 more than that with really good keycaps...

I agree with you, but at the same time, the majority of regular customers will probably not even know what an HHKB is, and saying "it has better key caps" would probably not justify a $60 increase to them, especially with the irregular layout. Still, $200 would be far too high of a price for this keyboard.
And on that same note, how is your average customer going to feel when they see a $200 dollar board with the only on paper advantage being 1000hz polling(because I am sure they even know what that means)

It is a VERY hard sell to anybody who isn't a complete keyboard nut, I am sure a lot of the people who know about mechanical keyboards don't even know what the hell a topre switch is, or that there are mech switches other than cherry mx switches (alps, buckling springs, topre, etc..)

Offline tbc

« Reply #322 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:30:39 »
advantage being 1000hz polling(because I am sure they even know what that means)

just a quick note, people don't need to understand ANYTHING about a product to buy it; they just need the pricing/branding/salesperson/public opinion to make them feel like they own the best/most unique product in that category.

ever see how people buy DSLRs? 

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #323 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:33:54 »
This is amazing!!

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #324 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:39:53 »
advantage being 1000hz polling(because I am sure they even know what that means)

just a quick note, people don't need to understand ANYTHING about a product to buy it; they just need the pricing/branding/salesperson/public opinion to make them feel like they own the best/most unique product in that category.

One number:

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #325 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:47:13 »

Except a DSLRs pictures are going to look considerably better than most point and shoots, nobody is going to touch this keyboard and go "Oh yeah, I can feel the 1000hz" and then buy it...

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #326 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:53:39 »
They didn't really say outright that it was cherry cap compatible. Did they?

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #327 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:54:43 »

If it didn't that would be stupid. Have ****ty caps that only your board can use? No way

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #328 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:56:18 »

Yes, they did.  In the second video posted.  "Backwards compatible with cherry keycaps" is what they said.

Edit:

It is at 7:13 in this video:
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:57:54 by swill »

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #329 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:01:55 »
\

Wow, its neat that you've gotten to try both of them already.

:rolleyes:

Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:09:35 »
\

form factor is better. You get the more common tkl vs the irregular shape of the 660 and the hhkb.
The CM topre is better because it takes cherry caps, meaning all those cherry mx GBs can be used on it vs 660c or hhkb

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #331 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:10:56 »

If it didn't that would be stupid. Have ****ty caps that only your board can use? No way

Who says they have ****ty caps? Are you some kind of magician that already has this board?

Stop posting stupid **** with no proof/basis
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #332 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:13:02 »

Who says they have ****ty caps? Are you some kind of magician that already has this board?

Going off of past occurrences. CM has only sold boards with ABS, no PBT nor POM at this point. To keep costs down, they're going to keep on doing that. Their popular QFR has ABS, and it has no problem selling, and with something as hot as this, people will buy it no matter what type of cap, so they will go ABS on cost

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #333 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:14:47 »

To be honest I think they are probably going to be the same type of keycaps their QFR's come with. I think they would have pointed it out if it had double shot keycaps(or anything else) (something about how it will last longer from gaming over time or something)

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:14:57 »
\

form factor is better. You get the more common tkl vs the irregular shape of the 660 and the hhkb.
The CM topre is better because it takes cherry caps, meaning all those cherry mx GBs can be used on it vs 660c or hhkb

The "Irregular shape" is a selling point for some, especially the HHKB.

Also we don't really know much about he build quality or feel of this new board. Its hard to tell if its "better" or not because no one has gotten their hands on it yet. We also dont know if these new switch stems will succesfully be able to deliver the full effect of a topre switch yet, which is a valid concern.

The waters are cloudy, its far too early to be calling one board flat out better than the other.

HHKB is king, baby.  :cool:
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #335 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:15:09 »

They have thick PBT dysubs in a Cherry profile on this board.  Its in the video...

More
Haha...
Ahh the jokes.  Its only funny because so many people in this thread are talking out of their ass...

Offline tbc

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:19:33 »

Except a DSLRs pictures are going to look considerably better than most point and shoots, nobody is going to touch this keyboard and go "Oh yeah, I can feel the 1000hz" and then buy it...

that was just an example.  are you saying people are knowledable about the products they buy and don't just randomly the first thing they're told to (by whoever)?

are you saying razer products aren't bought very often?

people are EMOTIONAL consumers (meaning perception and belief is more important than fact), not logical ones; fundamental rule of marketing.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #337 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:22:49 »

that was just an example.  are you saying people are knowledable about the products they buy and don't just randomly the first thing they're told to (by whoever)?

are you saying razer products aren't bought very often?
Razer products have out there styling AND like I said BACKLIGHTING.

Your average buyer is going to see this next to a blackwidow and if they are the same price, they are probably going to buy the razer since they see it has more features, backlighting, macros, better looks (matter of opinion)

Not everyone just buys the **** they are told to buy by the idiot working there (usually the most expensive item)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:29:27 »

To advance aftermarket caps, I think CM will partner with signature plastics and there new thing that is coming.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #339 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:33:05 »

To advance aftermarket caps, I think CM will partner with signature plastics and there new thing that is coming.
They will release a whole new line of cherry mx keycaps and dominate the market of aftermarket keycaps.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #340 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:35:39 »
They have thick PBT dysubs in a Cherry profile on this board.  Its in the video...

More
Haha...
Ahh the jokes.  Its only funny because so many people in this thread are talking out of their ass...

I think I heard that they will be using a dye-sublimated polymer / ceramic composite keycap technology.
More
So much speculation and wishful thinking going on in this thread!

In all honesty, the keycap underside looked like a normal ABS CM one to me (and ABS isn't that bad. I mean people use cherry/gmk doubleshots all the time) so I don't know what the big deal is. B'sides if you're worried about the keycaps, just replace them.

About the stabilizers, it looks to me like there's just a single bar for the stabilizer. Without the crossbar, there may some differences with keycap types, much like SP keycaps and costar stabilizers (they need plastic to help fitment) but otherwise it makes sense to me. I'd love to see what that stab looks like under the cover though.

I'm a big fan of good engineering, etc.
Razer products have out there styling AND like I said BACKLIGHTING.

Your average buyer is going to see this next to a blackwidow and if they are the same price, they are probably going to buy the razer since they see it has more features, backlighting, macros, better looks (matter of opinion)

Not everyone just buys the **** they are told to buy by the idiot working there (usually the most expensive item)
From a retail perspective, brands like razer, etc. are commonly carried (and bought) because they have the weight of the brand behind them. Regardless of actual features / price / durability, if the brand is perceived by a certain way by the consumer, it's more likely to be purchased, or carried in a store.

I recently convinced my store to start carrying CMstorm KBs (the TK and pro), as we want to have more gaming peripherals. The way I was able to do this was because the CM keyboards have a good cost from our wholesaler / distributor, so we have a good chance of selling them. We decided not to carry razer keyboards as they have a higher cost, and I commented on the quality (we just had a huge amount of defective returns from a cheap third-party lightning cable manufacturer, so I was able to leverage from the wake of that)
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 January 2014, 22:30:59 by dorkvader »

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #341 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:49:11 »
Is there any problem with speculation? I am not mad or hating on anybody, I am simply saying that this keyboard coming out at $200 and featuring high quality keycaps is very unlikely to happen. You see how much cooler master has to go out and push the 1000hz polling rate as a gaming feature, how in the world are they going to convince someone that they want to pay even more for thicker keycaps or double shot keycaps is actually worth the added cost?

I am just being realistic here, I don't see how cooler master(or logitech, razer, etc) could sell a keyboard at such a high price.

Also, have you actually had any more returns on razer keyboards compared to other brands in your store? I always find it interesting that people question razers quality and claim it is terrible when I don't really see any razer product owner claiming anything like that. The biggest complaints from actual owners always seem to just be the cost, I used a blackwidow for nearly a year and I don't have any hate for the product, the glossy finish was iffy but they are now matte. (Honest question, once again, no hate, sorry if it sounds like that :P)

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #342 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:55:12 »
Is there any problem with speculation? I am not mad or hating on anybody, I am simply saying that this keyboard coming out at $200 and featuring high quality keycaps is very unlikely to happen. You see how much cooler master has to go out and push the 1000hz polling rate as a gaming feature, how in the world are they going to convince someone that they want to pay even more for thicker keycaps or double shot keycaps is actually worth the added cost?

I am just being realistic here, I don't see how cooler master(or logitech, razer, etc) could sell a keyboard at such a high price.

Also, have you actually had any more returns on razer keyboards compared to other brands in your store? I always find it interesting that people question razers quality and claim it is terrible when I don't really see any razer product owner claiming anything like that. The biggest complaints from actual owners always seem to just be the cost, I used a blackwidow for nearly a year and I don't have any hate for the product, the glossy finish was iffy but they are now matte. (Honest question, once again, no hate, sorry if it sounds like that :P)

Personally the biggest problem I've had with Razer is their mice. Got one that was new, and it failed within two days. Now I'm using my brother's old DA which has been working for years, though, so I see that it goes either way. As far as their keyboards, they don't appear to be made defectively. I doubt that there's a problem with any of them, besides the price.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #343 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 19:55:51 »
I recently convinced my store to start carrying CMstorm KBs (the TK and pro), as we want to have more gaming peripherals. The way I was able to do this was because the CM keyboards have a good cost from our wholesaler / distributor, so we have a good chance of selling them. We decided not to carry razer keyboards as they have a higher cost, and I commented on the quality (we just had a huge amount of defective returns from a cheap third-party lightining cable manufacturer, so I was able to leverage from the wake of that)

Finally a common sense approach from someone who actually sells these items verses the opinions of a few here on Geekhack, making spurious claims of how 'suspect this new CM keyboard 'might' be" (mainly from the idiot HHKB crowd).

When they finally release their new product then it'll get thoroughly reviewed by every owner and his dog.  Patience is a virtue  :thumb: .

Offline Polymer

« Reply #344 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 20:41:20 »

Of course you are...

You're saying a majority of customers aren't going to swap keycaps.  That is probably true.  Yet the same people buying this keyboard and not planning to or even know you can swap keycaps probably won't know about a HHKB and certainly won't know the keycaps on those are better.   The market segment that actually knows about a HHKB and knows about PBT keycaps are also the likely market segment that would swap out keycaps. 

And yet, in doing this they're making it so you can swap keycaps, they don't have to create a new set of Topre Compatible keycaps, they can just use what they're using today.  Not to mention the other people that DO want to swap out keycaps.

Personally I hate Topre for gaming and not too many pros use them for gaming so it is curious as to why they're trying to market this as a premium gaming board but that is a different subject.

Offline tbc

« Reply #345 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 21:27:37 »
^

they like to experiment.  this is the same deal as the CM mech; whereas that one was heavily skewed towards flashy gamer styles, this one is heavily skewed toward enthusiat tastes (no backlights, topre, mx stems - all things that only enthusiasts care about).  they look completely different, but they're both experiments for sure.

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #346 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 21:48:19 »
Personally I hate Topre for gaming and not too many pros use them for gaming so it is curious as to why they're trying to market this as a premium gaming board but that is a different subject.

So true...
Unfortunately the enthusiast market pails in comparison to the gaming one :(
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #347 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 22:46:55 »
To be honest, I actually would love to try this if it's affordable like the Type Heaven. I just view it as that but TKL and swappable; i'll definitely swap out for some PBT caps. I just hope it isn't incredibly expensive.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C

Offline 1pq

• Hipster Doofus
« Reply #348 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 22:54:03 »
Watch out, you may turn into one of the topre fanboys that I so often see you criticizing ;)
main kbs:  87UB (55g)  Custom Filco TKL (62g clears)

WTS JD40, Custom Ergoclear Filco

WTB ROHS Red BBv2 (Topre), OG EK Tri-Color Skull (TOPRE)

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 23:36:09 »
Watch out, you may turn into one of the topre fanboys that I so often see you criticizing ;)

True enough. I tried it on moose's keyboard and I seriously like the sound, the sensation just isn't too impressive to me. Perhaps it'll grow on me, though.