Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 378010 times)

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:32:36 »
And we have never seen the ClackFactory gas mask key to this day.......or at least I have not.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #401 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:44:13 »
And we have never seen the ClackFactory gas mask key to this day.......or at least I have not.
Well...   :confused:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #402 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:47:08 »
Guys send me your CCs and I'll authenticate them for free. Might take 1 day to 6 years to return them though.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #403 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:48:50 »
Guys send me your CCs and I'll authenticate them for free. Might take 1 day to 6 years to return them though.
Sounds legit

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #404 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:50:18 »
I'm the MC hammer of legit. I just can't quit being legit.

Some might say... too legit to quit.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #405 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:51:43 »
too legit to quit.

Damn it, beat me to it!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 20:02:05 »
The stem is a dead giveaway... Clack Factory doesn't have the ****ty look to it.

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #407 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 21:52:21 »

Opps My all caps are no pants  :))

If you want proof i would show to you a pictures.  ::)

Definitely going to need to see the bottom....
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline zenuty

« Reply #408 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 21:54:07 »
Your wellcome
Maybe i will prepare SC2 ticket for you !

Wellcome to korea

If you are visit to korea that You are not need to Hotel.
I would give to you Food, Beer, Bed and G*ir*l*s

My home is  accommodate up to MAX 30 guests
I have experience many times for visit a group at my home.

If you want proof i would show to you a pictures.  :rolleyes:

When can I visit? Definitely has to be during a major GSL or other SC2 event :p
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #409 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:06:57 »
Your wellcome

Wellcome to korea

That would be awesome. I was sort of half joking, but if you ever wanted to visit Orlando for the Disney parks or Universal theme parks or any other reason I have a guest bedroom. I know I won't be able to make it to South Korea for a year or two unless something crazy happens.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #410 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:23:06 »
Has DrugER ever posted CCs before? Has he chimed up in CC topic centered threads? It is possible he had no idea how rare the keys were, or didn't care how rare they were not seeing a reason for insane inflated prices. Also often times in Redline threads it is hard to get suitable pictures from these guys, they can be one and done on the picture front so I can totally see why he might only take one picture of each key assuming others might know what they look like. It is also completely possible he knew exactly what he was doing, and who he was working with but we will never know for sure. He has admitted some fault, and said he is going to make it better and send the fake CCs to ClickClack himself as evidence while returning the traded items.

He knew about value of cc. Dont shield him.
He was even darkside.
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/5892593

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #411 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:30:06 »
Has DrugER ever posted CCs before? Has he chimed up in CC topic centered threads? It is possible he had no idea how rare the keys were, or didn't care how rare they were not seeing a reason for insane inflated prices. Also often times in Redline threads it is hard to get suitable pictures from these guys, they can be one and done on the picture front so I can totally see why he might only take one picture of each key assuming others might know what they look like. It is also completely possible he knew exactly what he was doing, and who he was working with but we will never know for sure. He has admitted some fault, and said he is going to make it better and send the fake CCs to ClickClack himself as evidence while returning the traded items.

He knew about value of cc. Dont shield him.
He was even darkside.
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/5892593

Wow. I think its clear at this point that drugER is guilty. He's owned multiple CCs, knows the price they go for, and most likely know's cc's marks.

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #412 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:36:45 »
Wow. I think its clear at this point that drugER is guilty. He's owned multiple CCs, knows the price they go for, and most likely know's cc's marks.

i know he sold them for his mother`s surgery. now he has night owl, fake ccs and so on.
I dont understand he is clear mind, why he deleted his post of fake cc in korean community? but we can find with google cache:

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline zenuty

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:39:46 »
Yes im serious  :D

Appreciated it your kindness !

Your wellcome

Wellcome to korea

That would be awesome. I was sort of half joking, but if you ever wanted to visit Orlando for the Disney parks or Universal theme parks or any other reason I have a guest bedroom. I know I won't be able to make it to South Korea for a year or two unless something crazy happens.
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #414 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:43:26 »
This whole thing is depressing, more veteran community members we are losing trust with. i don't know what to think about people anymore. I hope he resolves this whole thing.

Offline zenuty

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 22:44:27 »
Who cares about fake clacks? We're going to visit zenuty!!
:)) :)) :))

Do worry !
I just finished clear my mass up rooms for you !
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #416 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 00:26:26 »
Elitism surrounding CCs would instantly disappear since the "exclusivity" of the item would be non-existent.

This will never ever happen because owning an original will immediately make you "elite" with an exclusive original. I wouldn't really call any CC owner elite any more, just lucky or hard working. They got their CCs by being in the right place at the right time either with money, communication, or luck in sales.

Also one of the worst things people think they see (elitism and "inner circle") comes from one of the nicest intentions. CC himself does something extremely nice and sends keys to people unannounced as a gift. He is trying to do something nice for someone that is a friend or acquaintance. You have no idea what conversation took place maybe in passing "Hey how have you been long time no talk via the interwebs" "kind of meh, personal problems, work sucks, blah blah blah, but I did some really fun stuff too, chit chat stuff", and then some keys get sent out. You as someone not privy to the conversation/situation see some clacks show up in the post your clacks thread with no sales recently and think the person is an "elite" in some cool club. All someone did was maybe have one or two conversations with CC ever and CC decides to do something nice. I used to think there was an elite group until I thought it out. Sure you see cool new stuff like glow in the dark skulls, or oktoberfest themed 420 caps, but someone needs to give them a test before a sale. That person is a guinea pig to make sure the keys came out alright to go on sale.

If you talk and communicate with people on a forum and put out a positive vibe and do nice things for people, others hear about it and reciprocate. Sometimes if you don't do anything nice at all like me someone still does something nice like eyesmiles sending me a toxic gift. He sure got me trying to do nice things to be worthy his gift though.

Couldn't of said it better, great post man!  :thumb:

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #417 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 00:28:33 »

He was taken over by greed, it seems. I offered my clacks and he accepted immediately, it made me wondered but I went with it anyway, I've already received the fake clacks, but never sent mine yet (was already suspicious then). I will be sending the fake clacks to CC.

I am surprised by the clack though, it is so damn similar, flawless, just feel like THEY could be doing something themselves of THEIR own design and art instead of copying.  I know for a fact that they might be doing something themselves, but releasing copy cats of another person's art?

-_-

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #418 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 00:50:38 »

He was taken over by greed, it seems. I offered my clacks and he accepted immediately, it made me wondered but I went with it anyway, I've already received the fake clacks, but never sent mine yet (was already suspicious then). I will be sending the fake clacks to CC.

I am surprised by the clack though, it is so damn similar, flawless, just feel like THEY could be doing something themselves of THEIR own design and art instead of copying.  I know for a fact that they might be doing something themselves, but releasing copy cats of another person's art?

-_-

Honestly, not sure if that is any better...

You agreed to a trade and if it was actually legit how would it look like?
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #419 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 00:54:19 »

-_-

If it was legit? It looks the SAME as what everyone posted, sharp corners, no FXE code.  If you think I was scamming, we made a deal of me receiving them FIRST.

He suggested to either sending them to CC or sending them back to him, why would I want to do that? I might as well just send them to CC, so he can burn them, eat them, or just put them in an acrylic casing for all I care.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 December 2013, 00:55:56 by deSheol »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 00:56:30 »

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #421 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 01:10:46 »
Actually what difference authentic Clack with fake,just material or....?
sorry i can't see picture on pg one :-X because slow connection
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 December 2013, 01:17:03 by yasuo »
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 01:12:09 »

pls be kidding

its stealing cc's ideas and design

but physically no fxe or cf logo, sharp edges. material is probally close but not exact

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #423 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 01:14:53 »

pls be kidding

but physically no fxe or cf logo, sharp edges. material is probally close but not exact

You are quickly rising to the top as the most annoying knowitall that actually doesn't know ****. He asked a legit question. He's not excusing what the guy making fakes did.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #424 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 01:21:19 »

pls be kidding

You are quickly rising to the top as the most annoying knowitall that actually doesn't know ****. He asked a legit question. He's not excusing what the guy making fakes did.

I'm actually starting to cringe before I even read his posts now.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #425 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 01:22:35 »
sorry i can't see picture on pg one :-X because slow connection

The middle one is the counterfeit one.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #426 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 01:27:38 »

-_-

If it was legit? It looks the SAME as what everyone posted, sharp corners, no FXE code.  If you think I was scamming, we made a deal of me receiving them FIRST.

He suggested to either sending them to CC or sending them back to him, why would I want to do that? I might as well just send them to CC, so he can burn them, eat them, or just put them in an acrylic casing for all I care.

Sorry then about the accusation, didn't know you had the deal going on with Druger since everyone else sent it at same time, almost as if he already knew it was fake. ._.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #427 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 01:32:51 »

-_-

Sorry then about the accusation, didn't know you had the deal going on with Druger since everyone else sent it at same time, almost as if he already knew it was fake. ._.
He sent mine without hesitation, 3 day shipping from Korea, didn't even ask if I shipped mine.  It was almost like he didn't even care.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #428 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 01:48:44 »

-_-

He sent mine without hesitation, 3 day shipping from Korea, didn't even ask if I shipped mine.  It was almost like he didn't even care.

Low risk with high gain :o

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #429 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 02:32:17 »
I can't say anything for certain but I feel like I should defend Martin a little here (if those were actual accusations against him that I read earlier). In this picture, the left and right walls of the cap seem a tad thicker than the top and bottom walls. The same is true of bunnies picture. Also the stem on both are poor quality. It's very thin at each tip of the MX cross section (+).
These thicker/thinner walls and stem quality are not consistent with the gas mask caps that I have. All four walls are uniform thickness and there is quite a bit more material around the + of the stems. Take from that what you will. I don't have the means to take quality bottom pictures of my gas masks but maybe someone could for a fair comparison? Like I said, I don't know for sure so I don't want to choose sides here but I'm inclined to say it's not Martin. Maybe I'm wrong. 
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #430 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 03:09:04 »
I can't say anything for certain but I feel like I should defend Martin a little here (if those were actual accusations against him that I read earlier). In this picture, the left and right walls of the cap seem a tad thicker than the top and bottom walls. The same is true of bunnies picture. Also the stem on both are poor quality. It's very thin at each tip of the MX cross section (+).
These thicker/thinner walls and stem quality are not consistent with the gas mask caps that I have. All four walls are uniform thickness and there is quite a bit more material around the + of the stems. Take from that what you will. I don't have the means to take quality bottom pictures of my gas masks but maybe someone could for a fair comparison? Like I said, I don't know for sure so I don't want to choose sides here but I'm inclined to say it's not Martin. Maybe I'm wrong. 
Show Image

Not trying to point fingers, but it might be done before the creation of Gasmasks? Just a thought tho, but even if that's the case, the black gasmask martin did has different bottom than this one. I don't think it's made by Martin at all. Weren't they made in China? and Martin is situated in Hong kong?

Offline daetsid

« Reply #431 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 03:23:30 »

-_-

Wow, we are in the same situation. He offered cash + 2 translucent CC's for a rare keyboard. Since the beginning he wanted to trade both CC's right away, and actually I thought he was just simply and idiot (considering the last sale of a CC for $400). He hasn't answer my pm's since 4 days ago...now I understand why.

And he is a seller here as Red-Line?? Wow, what a community this GH is!

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #432 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 03:27:06 »
I really start to wonder how many of those he had.... And how many are alredy traded for good/real stuff. We will see...

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #433 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 03:28:47 »
Wow you're really going to judge the integrity of the GH community because of this one incident?  Logical.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #434 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 03:42:46 »
I really start to wonder how many of those he had.... And how many are alredy traded for good/real stuff. We will see...

I, too, was wondering this, and how many are still in circulation, perhaps in the possession of people who do not know they are fake.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline daetsid

« Reply #435 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 03:45:12 »
Wow you're really going to judge the integrity of the GH community because of this one incident?  Logical.

Oh I didn't really mean it in a bad way...It just surprised me that this guy has its own subforum as a vendor and he has the guts to sell fake clacks... >:D

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #436 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 03:49:22 »

Oh I didn't really mean it in a bad way...It just surprised me that this guy has its own subforum as a vendor and he has the guts to sell fake clacks... >:D

Who knew? He was just a seller, for all we know, someone in gh might actually be a serial killer, but is addicted to keyboards and selling stuff.

Not me tho.. :-\

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #437 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 07:06:20 »
for all we know, someone in gh might actually be a serial killer, but is addicted to keyboards

In that case, his weapon of choice would be a Model F.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #438 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 08:42:42 »
for all we know, someone in gh might actually be a serial killer, but is addicted to keyboards

Do we know of anyone who specializes in Model F's?   :-\ I vote that we all send our home addresses to fohat for evaluation.  :D

I still think CF should mark each keycap and take a photo so that in the future people could authenticate the markings. Each one is a little work of art unto itself, why not treat them as such? Even if these fakes are obvious fakes, they're likely to get better -- especially if we show the forger exactly where they fell short. So with a unique marking on each and a photo you'll make it harder to mass produce a lot of fake CCs. Sure, you might be able to make one really good forgery, of a single one, but multiples of the same one (with the same markings) would set off some alarm bells.

It's not perfect, but it would be better than letting a forger prosper.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 December 2013, 08:48:18 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #439 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 09:06:05 »
Haha, I'm sorry if my wall of text brought out some sort of insecurity that makes me seem like a 'pretentious ass' for giving reasons why the forum is falling apart and how it can be fixed. You don't agree or disagree with anyone at this point? Now THAT'S pretentious. You are everyone's best friend, am I right? (lol) Make up your mind and stop getting butthurt when someone with an intellectual response attempts to diagnose the issue.
Insecurity? What are you talking about?

I don't disagree or agree with anyone since there is no way of knowing where this will lead, and not enough information has been presented in order to make an educated guess yet. I don't see how that is pretentious. On the other hand... Intellectual response? Diagnosing the issue? "Perhaps what I'm suggesting will go over the heads of many short-sighted users", etc. etc. Now THAT'S pretentious. Your post was nothing other than you making a guess about what will come of this situation, and you expressing what you believe to be the best way forward IF what you guessed what will come of this situation actually happens.

And I'm not mad/butthurt about anything, other than the fake clacks/the maker of the fake clacks. I'm not going to argue any more.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #440 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 09:36:54 »
Oh my glob.  How did this turn into a fight with each other? For once we all had a common enemy!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #441 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 09:38:24 »
Oh my glob.  How did this turn into a fight with each other? For once we all had a common enemy!

This is why its best to just hate everyone all the time, so much easier.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #442 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 09:39:23 »

Preaching to the choir broham

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #443 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 10:00:17 »
Hehateme

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 10:39:04 »

Also faster.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #445 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 10:40:52 »

Also faster.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 10:45:09 »

Preaching to the choir broham

Time to break out the Hulk keys

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #447 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 11:32:59 »

Do we know of anyone who specializes in Model F's?   :-\ I vote that we all send our home addresses to fohat for evaluation.  :D

I still think CF should mark each keycap and take a photo so that in the future people could authenticate the markings. Each one is a little work of art unto itself, why not treat them as such? Even if these fakes are obvious fakes, they're likely to get better -- especially if we show the forger exactly where they fell short. So with a unique marking on each and a photo you'll make it harder to mass produce a lot of fake CCs. Sure, you might be able to make one really good forgery, of a single one, but multiples of the same one (with the same markings) would set off some alarm bells.

It's not perfect, but it would be better than letting a forger prosper.

I read the thread, but not sure if this was posted down the line... Why not just add Certificates of Authenticity into the mix? For all future clacks, individually number them, and have a matching certificate to go along with them. Whenever the key changes hand, so does the certificate. CC could even get one of those paper stamps in the shape of a skull to mark it and authenticate the certificate lol. Just my $0.02
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #448 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 11:40:22 »
Anyone seen megaxpop's signature? Photoshop, or fake clacks?

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #449 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 11:41:36 »
Anyone seen megaxpop's signature? Photoshop, or fake clacks?

maybe both? :eek: