Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 377071 times)

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #500 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 14:29:47 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #501 on: Thu, 05 December 2013, 16:08:23 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 December 2013, 16:09:58 by noisyturtle »

Offline redskull

« Reply #502 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 09:46:57 »

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #503 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 09:56:36 »
No need for rustled jimmies, now. It's kind of like when a string of murders happen in your neighborhood. You start suspecting everyone! :P

Yeah, during page 1 of this thread, I ran and checked all my Clacks.  I actually started to sweat.  Which is ridiculous.  But true.  Now I'm just glad I haven't been rooked by any fakes.
I'm pretty spooked too. I mean I was always kind of a paranoid person, but this is the last straw. During page 1 of this thread, I ran and had all of my children and living relatives DNA tested to make sure that they're actually related to me and not part of some conspiracy. I've been standing out on the curb all morning throwing rocks into the air to make sure the sky actually exists and isn't some kind of force-field or large projection. Pedestrians think I'm crazy but they could easily be in on it. As far as I'm concerned you're all suspects.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #504 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:04:23 »
Update for anyone who cares  :D :D :D

i got your package just now.
i'll return at monday.

and i'll let you know ems no.

thx and sry again.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #505 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:26:19 »

i'll return at monday.

thx and sry again.

It's good he's recognizing his error and making it all right.  It definitely restores a lot of confidence.  Hopefully he continues instead of disappearing like it sounded like he would do after all this is made right and concluded.

I still have my issues with the whole situation, but it's good to see responsibility being taken and things made right, unlike some other crazy situations that have happened on here.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #506 on: Fri, 06 December 2013, 21:30:03 »

i'll return at monday.

thx and sry again.

It's good he's recognizing his error and making it all right.  It definitely restores a lot of confidence.  Hopefully he continues instead of disappearing like it sounded like he would do after all this is made right and concluded.

I still have my issues with the whole situation, but it's good to see responsibility being taken and things made right, unlike some other crazy situations that have happened on here.
My thoughts exactly

Offline SuperiorKarate

« Reply #507 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 16:54:11 »
Anything new in the scandal?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #508 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 17:02:40 »

I've noticed that pretty much all Classified threads for CCs now include bottom pics.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #509 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 18:27:12 »
Got my tracking number.  Idk about anyone else I PMed Bunny to see whats up

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #510 on: Mon, 09 December 2013, 20:11:27 »
if that's the case, should we start to worry about that DSA DOLCH REPLICA GB...?

I've been concerned about it for a while now.

I have been also. this among a few other threads about druger have forced me to give refunds to quite a few people.
I can not have my groupbuy without the primary dsa dolch group buy.
I will give him until the end of december and if I have not seen a post from druger that communicates wtf is going on I am cancelling my dsa extras group buy and starting refunds.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #511 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 21:16:12 »
if that's the case, should we start to worry about that DSA DOLCH REPLICA GB...?

I have been also. this among a few other threads about druger have forced me to give refunds to quite a few people.
I will give him until the end of december and if I have not seen a post from druger that communicates wtf is going on I am cancelling my dsa extras group buy and starting refunds.

Damn that makes me so sad, i had a Special GH60 planned that was kind of depending on DSA Dolch and things in the kit 5 of your group buy, mostly the ISO kit.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #512 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 21:37:52 »

he posted a post in the dsa dolch thread but it wasn't much

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #513 on: Tue, 10 December 2013, 23:29:50 »

he posted a post in the dsa dolch thread but it wasn't much

Yeah I saw that. Is boost still part of team redline? He should help them communicate to us.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 08:01:19 »
I got my items back that I traded for the fake clack.  Of course, I'm still out the shipping costs and the cost of shipping the fake to CC.  Even though he returned my items quickly I'm not particularly happy.  He knew they were fake, anyone with half a brain would know.  Are we just going to let it slide?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #515 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 08:02:06 »
I got my items back that I traded for the fake clack.  Of course, I'm still out the shipping costs and the cost of shipping the fake to CC.  Even though he returned my items quickly I'm not particularly happy.  He knew they were fake, anyone with half a brain would know.  Are we just going to let it slide?

glad you got your stuff back sir
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #516 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 08:05:01 »

It's not like they are going to just ban him from the forum....they like those korean customs too much....

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #517 on: Wed, 11 December 2013, 08:10:04 »

It's not like they are going to just ban him from the forum....they like those korean customs too much....

He did say he's stepping away from RL.  Not a particularly fair reply anyway.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #518 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 02:40:48 »
Where did these clacks come from?

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #519 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 02:46:50 »
Yeah I'm surprised this has just been left to drop so quickly.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #520 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 03:46:11 »
From what I seem to recall there was only one or two people involved, although there was some question as to whether that person (one in particular) was directly responsible, a knowing second party, or an unknowing third party.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #521 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:30:58 »
From what I seem to recall there was only one or two people involved, although there was some question as to whether that person (one in particular) was directly responsible, a knowing second party, or an unknowing third party.

Yeah I just thought that there would be a little bit more effort made to figure out who is actually making them, I know DrugER has appeased everybody but that doesn't mean the culprit who masterminded the counterfeits is just going to shut up shop.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #522 on: Tue, 17 December 2013, 22:47:49 »

Yeah I just thought that there would be a little bit more effort made to figure out who is actually making them, I know DrugER has appeased everybody but that doesn't mean the culprit who masterminded the counterfeits is just going to shut up shop.

Probably working out how to get the mark on the back of the keycaps too.

People - what a bunch of bastards!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #523 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 09:23:02 »
Wow, just read the whole thread ... what a mess :(

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #524 on: Wed, 18 December 2013, 11:50:53 »

Probably working out how to get the mark on the back of the keycaps too.

People - what a bunch of bastards!

I guarantee you, this is what they are doing right now.
I hope CC is taking action just like BB says he will if anyone try's this bull**** with his beautiful artwork.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #525 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 06:38:35 »
An solid red/pink mx skull clack was posted in /r/mechmarket last night. OP was asking for $100, he only had pictures of the top. A couple people requested bottom shots (that is fun to say) so OP took pictures and unfortunately their was no CF or FXE markings, but wierd blue drops on the under side walls. I wish I grabbed a pic before he deleted his post, but was on my phone. Seems like more than just trans are being copied :/

*edit found the imgur link. http://imgur.com/a/ktOfn#0

Edit Confirmed fake
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:37:02 by HipsterPunks »
sell out and eat ass

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #526 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 06:40:43 »
An solid red/pink mx skull clack was posted in /r/mechmarket last night. OP was asking for $100, he only had pictures of the top. A couple people requested bottom shots (that is fun to say) so OP took pictures and unfortunately their was no CF or FXE markings, but wierd blue drops on the under side walls. I wish I grabbed a pic before he deleted his post, but was on my phone. Seems like more than just trans are being copied :/

There is an FXE marking there..
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #527 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 06:41:34 »

There is an fxe marking..
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #528 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:23:48 »

There is, but I'd have to still stick with it looking like a fake.  Look at this pic.  You can clearly see a line on the cap.  Lines like that are sometimes seen in molds if they're made a little wrong.  Then when you look closely at the bottom, it looks like it has a couple of bubbles that were filled with something blue or that it has parts of an Oomoo mold stuck in it.  It could be real, but something just looks off on it to me.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #529 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:32:12 »
wow thats messed up if thats a fake.. besides it looks darker then tickle me pink doesnt it? also all the blue dots would make me not want it. you can get a mint one for $80 more..

Strangee.. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:40:02 by dustinhxc »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #530 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:35:42 »

There is, but I'd have to still stick with it looking like a fake.  Look at this pic.  You can clearly see a line on the cap.  Lines like that are sometimes seen in molds if they're made a little wrong.  Then when you look closely at the bottom, it looks like it has a couple of bubbles that were filled with something blue or that it has parts of an Oomoo mold stuck in it.  It could be real, but something just looks off on it to me.

I don't even recall ever seeing a colour like that either. Perhaps it's an early prototype CC made, although I don't know if he would even do something as ugly as filling bubbles with a different colour....

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #531 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:35:51 »
The plot thickens...

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #532 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:38:54 »
Looks legit. Other than the FXE logo, the corners (in the bottom pic) are rounded.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #533 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:50:01 »
Looks legit. Other than the FXE logo, the corners (in the bottom pic) are rounded.

That's incredibly easy to copy though, just mold the underside of the cap, not just the top.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #534 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:50:33 »
I remember someone who was selling/sold a clack here not too long ago with a bunch of blue gunk on the bottom of it, I really wish I could remember who though.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #535 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:50:53 »
That's incredibly easy to copy though, just mold the underside of the cap, not just the top.

hmm... and how would you know so much about copying caps? :))

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #536 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:52:58 »
I remember someone who was selling/sold a clack here not too long ago with a bunch of blue gunk on the bottom of it, I really wish I could remember who though.

that was different, it was a 3d, and it was legit, it was just stained, it wasnt filler
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #537 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 14:02:28 »

that was different, it was a 3d, and it was legit, it was just stained, it wasnt filler
Ok, I couldn't remember exactly what it was.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #538 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 14:04:23 »

hmm... and how would you know so much about copying caps? :))

I've been found out!  Well, there goes my chance to "discover" a bunch of "lost" and previously unknown Clacks and make a killing.  Back to my own designs.  Damn.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #539 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 14:08:57 »

EDIT:  THAT CLACK IS FAKE BECAUSE CC SAID SO. 

That Clack looks real to me.  More imperfections militates towards authenticity.  The older the Clack is, and the more it's been passed around, the more it should show signs of wear, and changing hands.  So those blue marks on the bottom give me greater comfort that it's real, than fake.  Also many real Clacks have tiny imperfections, and those blue marks could have been made by CC himself.  (Maybe they are remnants of a gnome sneeze?)  Anyway, all real Clacks should look hand-made, not machine made.  Those Korean counterfeit Clacks seemed too good, like they were stamped out by a machine, which they probably were.

Also that color looks to me like plain old Revenge Red in bad lighting.  It has the slightly bluish tone of Revenge Red.  I don't think it's mysterious at all.  And finally it has a very realistic looking FXE mark on the bottom.  CC really should have done a letter-code for the year of production and another letter or number code for the color as well, so we could match the color to the year it was made, for another indicia of authenticity.  Also CC should have added a trademark symbol or some other design that is harder to fake than the letters FXE.  But w/e, who knew Clacks would someday be worth $400 for one?   

Oh well, I was fooled by a photo.  CC wasn't though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 19:04:27 by eth0s »
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #540 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 14:24:24 »

That Clack looks real to me.  More imperfections militates towards authenticity.  The older the Clack is, and the more it's been passed around, the more it should show signs of wear, and changing hands.  So those blue marks on the bottom give me greater comfort that it's real, than fake.  Also many real Clacks have tiny imperfections, and those blue marks could have been made by CC himself.  (Maybe they are remnants of a gnome sneeze?)  Anyway, all real Clacks should look hand-made, not machine made.  Those Korean counterfeit Clacks seemed too good, like they were stamped out by a machine, which they probably were.

Also that color looks to me like plain old Revenge Red in bad lighting.  It has the slightly bluish tone of Revenge Red.  I don't think it's mysterious at all.  And finally it has a very realistic looking FXE mark on the bottom.  CC really should have done a letter-code for the year of production and another letter or number code for the color as well, so we could match the color to the year it was made, for another indicia of authenticity.  Also CC should have added a trademark symbol or some other design that is harder to fake than the letters FXE.  But w/e, who knew Clacks would someday be worth $400 for one?   

I matched it to my mr. friday and the FXE has the same margins from the box and everything. But the carved edges do make it look more legit.

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #541 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 16:58:12 »
The pink skull key with the blue crap on the bottom is a FAKE. Too many problems to bother listing. Essentially it just looks like someone made a sad copy of my work then made another sad copy off of that key. The result is a sad fake key. Come on guys, you know me better than that.
Just an F.Y.I.-
Gnome sneezes are more creative and of higher quality. I couldn't even accidently make a copy that bad.  ;)

I have tracked down all of my translucent blue keys made and I believe I've identified nearly all of them.
All dark translucent blue keys in circulation can now be identified as fake unless you got an email/PM from me saying otherwise.
Many (i'm still identifying a few) lighter blue translucent ClackFactory keys are fake as well.
This is no easy task given online communication. I have spent tons of money and tons of time at this point trying to in part
rectify some of these issues. Sady this has effectively canceled the two December sales I was eager to do and possibly the January one. It has caused and exacerbated other issues as well.

So once again we have an illustration on how ignorant and/or malicious acts mess things up for everyone.
Being able to cheaply copy something in this arena isn't a rocket science achievement by itself. It's a "pat yourself on the back thing when no ones looking" sort of achievement.
LuLz  =P

Remember folks, copying is very cheap and easy and can cause significant damage.
Creating and exploring is hard, often very hard, but promotes growth.

So yup! There ya go.

-cc  out!
=)
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #542 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:02:35 »
The pink skull key with the blue crap on the bottom is a FAKE. Too many problems to bother listing. Essentially it just looks like someone made a sad copy of my work then made another sad copy off of that key. The result is a sad fake key. Come on guys, you know me better than that.
Just an F.Y.I.-
Gnome sneezes are more creative and of higher quality. I couldn't even accidently make a copy that bad.  ;)

I have tracked down all of my translucent blue keys made and I believe I've identified nearly all of them.
All dark translucent blue keys in circulation can now be identified as fake unless you got an email/PM from me saying otherwise.
Many (i'm still identifying a few) lighter blue translucent ClackFactory keys are fake as well.
This is no easy task given online communication. I have spent tons of money and tons of time at this point trying to in part
rectify some of these issues. Sady this has effectively canceled the two December sales I was eager to do and possibly the January one. It has caused and exacerbated other issues as well.

So once again we have an illustration on how ignorant and/or malicious acts mess things up for everyone.
Being able to cheaply copy something in this arena isn't a rocket science achievement by itself. It's a "pat yourself on the back thing when no ones looking" sort of achievement.
LuLz  =P

Remember folks, copying is very cheap and easy and can cause significant damage.

So yup! There ya go.

-cc  out!
=)

That's terrible that you've had to spend so much time (and finances) straightening everything out and possibly even sending replacements.  The small consolation is that you have another proof of how popular your caps are.  Sad for everyone about the missed December sales :(  Thank you for checking in!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #543 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:03:17 »
Wow....I hope karma bites these fakers hard...

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #544 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:06:41 »
Good Sir Clack is just too awesome. Truly unfortunate, what you had to go through :( I'm very sorry to hear about what has happened. I'm just glad to hear that things are starting to pan out.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #545 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:09:28 »
I am very happy that cc posted this. It looks like a dirty cast when you have a resin not fully cure in the mold and you have to cure a dirty cast to clean the mold.

This just shows how lazy this person is.

edited tapatalk typos...
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:16:47 by domoaligato »

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #546 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:19:20 »
Sad to hear about all that trouble and also about the canceled sales. :(

I still wonder if the real origin (the maker, not the dealer) from those fakes has been discovered.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #547 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:21:01 »
Sad to hear about all that trouble and also about the canceled sales. :(

I still wonder if the real origin (the maker, not the dealer) from those fakes has been discovered.
I don't imagine their reasoning would have been to hurt CC but it surely has and that is disappointing.

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #548 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:21:35 »
Just an F.Y.I.-

LuLz  =P

So yup! There ya go.

-cc  out!
=)

Ooops I almost bought it from that slicon guy! What a douche :(

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #549 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:23:25 »
Sounds like you've got it mostly sorted then, good work.

Too bad about the cancelled sales, though. I might've wanted one or 2.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90