Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 379864 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #550 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:54:02 »
The pink skull key with the blue crap on the bottom is a FAKE. Too many problems to bother listing. Essentially it just looks like someone made a sad copy of my work then made another sad copy off of that key. The result is a sad fake key. Come on guys, you know me better than that.
Just an F.Y.I.-
Gnome sneezes are more creative and of higher quality. I couldn't even accidently make a copy that bad.  ;)

I have tracked down all of my translucent blue keys made and I believe I've identified nearly all of them.
All dark translucent blue keys in circulation can now be identified as fake unless you got an email/PM from me saying otherwise.
Many (i'm still identifying a few) lighter blue translucent ClackFactory keys are fake as well.
This is no easy task given online communication. I have spent tons of money and tons of time at this point trying to in part
rectify some of these issues. Sady this has effectively canceled the two December sales I was eager to do and possibly the January one. It has caused and exacerbated other issues as well.

So once again we have an illustration on how ignorant and/or malicious acts mess things up for everyone.
Being able to cheaply copy something in this arena isn't a rocket science achievement by itself. It's a "pat yourself on the back thing when no ones looking" sort of achievement.
LuLz  =P

Remember folks, copying is very cheap and easy and can cause significant damage.
Creating and exploring is hard, often very hard, but promotes growth.

So yup! There ya go.

-cc  out!
=)

Oh wow CC! I am so glad you are taking action, these lowlifes are so pathetic to try and copy a master artist in the field.. I still cant believe these people. I knew that cap was a fake it looked like ****. Cant believe they are molding the bottoms now too.. That really sucks. Sorry you had to spend all these resources to try and take care of things.  A December or January sale would have been amazing but this is more important. Good luck sir. Also OP good find on this cap, keep a look out!

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #551 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 17:57:11 »
Well there you have it, the bottom of the cap has been copied. I realize this one was done poorly but it's all downhill from here fellas. I feel bad for CC and all the other legitimate people who love his work. I hope things get better but it's obviously not headed in that direction.  Thank you so very much fake clack maker, I hope you get a lump of **** under your Christmas tree this year.
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #552 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:00:47 »
Well there you have it, the bottom of the cap has been copied. I realize this one was done poorly but it's all downhill from here fellas. I feel bad for CC and all the other legitimate people who love his work. I hope things get better but it's obviously not headed in that direction.  Thank you so very much fake clack maker, I hope you get a lump of **** under your Christmas tree this year.

Hopefully this will kill the second hand market entirely.

RIP in peace $100 clacks

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #553 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:00:49 »
I hope they get a lump of **** in their coffee DAILY.

Well I guess I will keep all of my clacks for good so I dont get any fakes.. I know theyre all hand made by CC himself ;)

I wonder if this loser has copied the Topre stem..

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #554 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:05:48 »
This marks the beginning of the death of the clack if you ask me. I can't see this being too enjoyable for CC anymore. I don't blame him for canceling sales and I would totally understand if he stopped making caps all together.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #555 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:07:12 »
This marks the beginning of the death of the clack if you ask me. I can't see this being too enjoyable for CC anymore. I don't blame him for canceling sales and I would totally understand if he stopped making caps all together.

I'd say death of the skull. We all know CC has plenty of other designs he's hoarding.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #556 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:08:59 »
Man, if Skulls were note made anymore and there were fakes out there. People with original skulls would never let them go and prices would sky rocket for those. Id love to see his other designs. The Ogre is badass.

Heres the big question.. What do you think the designs were for December and January? ;D Some amazing christmas, winter, or snowy themed clacks? oh boy...

I really hope the seller of that red "pink" skull has been taken care of..
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:12:12 by dustinhxc »

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #557 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:15:45 »
Man, if Skulls were note made anymore and there were fakes out there. People with original skulls would never let them go and prices would sky rocket for those. Id love to see his other designs. The Ogre is badass.

Heres the big question.. What do you think the designs were for December and January? ;D Some amazing christmas themed clacks? oh boy...
That could go either way I think. If the fakes become too hard to tell apart from originals they could become worthless. Sure, we could tell there was something off about the recent fakes but  unfortunately that gap in quality/similarity is closing.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #558 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:17:20 »
I hate to sound pessimistic but....

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #559 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:19:12 »

Heres the big question.. What do you think the designs were for December and January? ;D Some amazing christmas themed clacks? oh boy...
That could go either way I think. If the fakes become too hard to tell apart from originals they could become worthless. Sure, we could tell there was something off about the recent fakes but  unfortunately that gap in quality/similarity is closing.

Yes that is what I am saying as well, the well known owners. ethos, Bunny, Zenuty, Cactux, me now lol would obviously have a nice sized collection of originals. So as long as they kept any newly aquired clacks on a seperate list. Theyd be 100% on the others they had previous. But yes just buying/trading from anyone else it would be worthless if they look identical.

But also if CC had sales we would obviously know those were real as well. Or EK.

For now on I will have to get back stories. What user did you get it from and how long ago. etc etc. I dont desire ANY fakes one bit. Disgusting jokes made by low lifes..
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:27:08 by dustinhxc »

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #560 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:19:32 »
Good to hear some news from cc himself, even though I don't collect clacks it just teared up the community.
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline Blusey

« Reply #561 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:40:12 »
Unfortunately anything you make is likely to be copied, people see a market in producing it and know they can make easy cash and do so. Although much respect to you CC, you take the time to interact with the community and help them prove whether it's fake or not, some vendors just wouldn't do that imo. Well played, have a good christmas :D

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #562 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:48:19 »
I don't think they've faked two color clacks yet, have they? So there's still those

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #563 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 19:03:31 »
I don't think they've faked two color clacks yet, have they? So there's still those

Shhhhhhhh they might have forgotten about those!

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #564 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 19:15:01 »
The pink skull key with the blue crap on the bottom is a FAKE. Too many problems to bother listing. Essentially it just looks like someone made a sad copy of my work then made another sad copy off of that key. The result is a sad fake key. Come on guys, you know me better than that.
Just an F.Y.I.-
Gnome sneezes are more creative and of higher quality. I couldn't even accidently make a copy that bad.  ;)

I have tracked down all of my translucent blue keys made and I believe I've identified nearly all of them.
All dark translucent blue keys in circulation can now be identified as fake unless you got an email/PM from me saying otherwise.
Many (i'm still identifying a few) lighter blue translucent ClackFactory keys are fake as well.
This is no easy task given online communication. I have spent tons of money and tons of time at this point trying to in part
rectify some of these issues. Sady this has effectively canceled the two December sales I was eager to do and possibly the January one. It has caused and exacerbated other issues as well.

So once again we have an illustration on how ignorant and/or malicious acts mess things up for everyone.
Being able to cheaply copy something in this arena isn't a rocket science achievement by itself. It's a "pat yourself on the back thing when no ones looking" sort of achievement.
LuLz  =P

Remember folks, copying is very cheap and easy and can cause significant damage.

So yup! There ya go.

-cc  out!
=)

Damn Counterfeiters!   

lol @ gnome sneeze Clacks. 

CC:  if you make any gnome sneeze Clacks, I would love to buy one.

I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #565 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 19:34:41 »
Sorry to hear about all this CC, good luck with everything. Hopefully the copier has been identified to you?..good luck!

Sneeze clacks would be rad lol

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #566 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 19:53:25 »
Nasty texture is a dead giveaway

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #567 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 19:57:41 »
More
Just an F.Y.I.-

LuLz  =P

So yup! There ya go.

-cc  out!
=)

Sad to see that confirmed that we have yet another fake clack.  It really does have that photocopy of a photocopy look to it.

Good to see that you're getting all the fakes, but it's sad to see that that happened in the first place. 

And it sucks that you've spent all that money combating this and likely can't litigate since they're not in the US.  It's also sad that it's resulted in sales not happening.  I know there are a ton of people, myself included, who love your work and are sad to see stuff like this happen.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #568 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 20:12:51 »
Although it is always good to hear from ClickClack, the circumstances of this occasion are far from joyful.

It is really sad that a few (a very few, hopefully) people choose to make a profit from someone else's work in this way.  For that is all it is - a short term profit that, now they have been found out, is no longer possible.

I can only hope that the speed with which this was detected, and CC's fast and comprehensive response, will deter anyone else from copying his work.

It is also encouraging that the GH community is 100% behind CC - it gives me hope that these events will not deter CC from his keyboard-related artistic pursuits.

All the best for the festive season, CC, and hopefully 2014 will be better and brighter :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangnamember
  • * Maker
« Reply #569 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 20:28:27 »
Will clacks start coming with certificates of authenticity from the man himself? Possible business cards with serial numbers/watermarks? Glow in the dark FXE/CF markings? Can't let these thieves ruin a good thing/art. Or maybe FXE factory website might finally open (can dream can't i)
sell ass and eat out

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #570 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 20:55:06 »
Wow that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear this has become such a headache for CC. I wish there was something I could do to help lighten the load for clack.

I still really respect and love the skull design and I'd hate to see it go away.

I was really crossing my fingers on those glow caps :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #571 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:01:10 »
I still really respect and love the skull design and I'd hate to see it go away.

Yeah I'd hate to see this affect production of the skulls, I haven't gotten my first yet!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #572 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:02:34 »
Yeah skulls are the best !

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #573 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:06:42 »
Will clacks start coming with certificates of authenticity from the man himself? Possible business cards with serial numbers/watermarks? Glow in the dark FXE/CF markings? Can't let these thieves ruin a good thing/art. Or maybe FXE factory website might finally open (can dream can't i)

What would it matter if the FXE website was open??

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #574 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:07:28 »

I think he just wants to see what's behind the clipboard.

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangnamember
  • * Maker
« Reply #575 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 21:55:48 »

I have a willy wonka type fantasy about the clack factory  :) need to see the oompa loompas gnomes
sell ass and eat out

Offline mnpikey

« Reply #576 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 08:36:17 »
LOL at this whole thing. Its a keycap with a skull on it. Unless they are being advertised at "Click Clack" keycaps when they are being made by someone else, there is nothing wrong with it.

Does Click Clack have a trademark on that exact logo? No? Too bad then...

Just as these are "fake" keycaps then so are any replica keysets from Signature or Originative. Fake Cherry sets, fake Dolch sets, etc, etc...

In that pic with the 3 keys, the fake or replica appears to be of higher quality.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 January 2014, 08:37:52 by mnpikey »

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #577 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 08:43:35 »
LOL at this whole thing. Its a keycap with a skull on it. Unless they are being advertised at "Click Clack" keycaps when they are being made by someone else, there is nothing wrong with it.

Just as these are "fake" keycaps then so are any replica keysets from Signature or Originative. Fake Cherry sets, fake Dolch sets, etc, etc...

In that pic with the 3 keys, the fake or replica appears to be of higher quality.
You are EXTREMELY ignorant.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #578 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 08:44:10 »

You are EXTREMELY ignorant.
And wrong, he holds copyright on the design.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Saviant

« Reply #579 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 08:46:43 »

The point is CC spent allot of time making these caps and it hurts the artist/maker. The fake CCs were made to cash in and make large amount of cash off his work and to harm the community as a whole.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #580 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 08:49:12 »

Fake Cherry sets, what. GMK bought the rights to use all the Cherry tooling.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #581 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 08:50:21 »

:))
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline mnpikey

« Reply #582 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 08:54:27 »
Doesn't matter. Its not real a "cherry set" unless if came off a Cherry brand keyboard. And its not a real Dolch set unless it was removed from a Dolch keyboard.

Saying something is Dolch is just at fake as these replica click clacks if you say they are in fact Dolch but they weren't removed from a real Dolch keyboard. If they weren't, they are NOT Dolch.

Also, didn't Click Clack use copyrighted material to make Star Wars keys? Did he get permission from Lucs Licensing to do that?

Offline mnpikey

« Reply #583 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 08:57:19 »
Look it a fake Star Wars key made by Click Clack. Wasn't made or licensed to be made by Lucas/Disney = FAKE.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #584 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 08:58:02 »
Doesn't matter. Its not real a "cherry set" unless if came off a Cherry brand keyboard. And its not a real Dolch set unless it was removed from a Dolch keyboard.

Saying something is Dolch is just at fake as these replica click clacks if you say they are in fact Dolch but they weren't removed from a real Dolch keyboard. If they weren't, they are NOT Dolch.

Also, didn't Click Clack use copyrighted material to make Star Wars keys? Did he get permission from Lucs Licensing to do that?

You haven't got a clue how intellectual property rights work. Just stop.

Offline mnpikey

« Reply #585 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 09:02:24 »
Like when Click Clack uses George Lucas's intellectual Property/creations to profit?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #586 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 09:04:34 »

This guy right here. Who said the Originative sets were 'real cherry sets'? They are not advertised as 'real cherry sets'. They are advertised as 'made by GMK/BSP with the original cherry moulds'.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #587 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 09:07:17 »
Like when Click Clack uses George Lucas's intellectual Property/creations to profit?

It doesn't work like that with handmade pieces like CC's, maybe if he was mass producing them they could do something but it's in a pretty grey area legally.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #588 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 09:12:09 »

You're a riot

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #589 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 09:38:28 »

Hmmm you know that was just a limited run..? I think 2 were made? Idiot..

Offline Danule

• ###
« Reply #590 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 10:05:43 »

the real question, is who made this troll account with only 6 posts?

:P
45g Brown Brown Blue

Offline mnpikey

« Reply #591 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 10:46:13 »
Chill, its just a few replica click clacks.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #592 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 12:39:12 »

pretty sure there's more than 2 vaders caps in existence.
I mean I know there's at least 2 red ones since one was recently for sale, and ripster has one too

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #593 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 14:46:11 »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #594 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 14:56:19 »

I have an idea  ;)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #595 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 14:58:08 »

I have an idea  ;)

Don't hold out on us!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #596 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 15:02:44 »
It's nothing dramatic, truly. 
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #597 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 15:07:18 »

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #598 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 15:35:02 »

2 reds

a bunch of black ones tho

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #599 on: Wed, 01 January 2014, 15:57:31 »
I am just so tired of seeing the bickering and whining about ****ing clacks so the gloves are coming off...
I am sure this is going to be unpopular as hell view, but I really don't make a distinction either. Then perhaps this will be obvious since I have often stated I don't give any ****s about the concepts of intellectual property and I do Cherry replica dyesubs myself. Does this hurt the now legit holder of Cherry dyesubs - BSP? Quite possibly... but they don't allow the flexibility and they don't have all the key sizes that are most often demanded. So... I can say it's BSP own fault for loosing this money. Now, also many people believe that GMK is too inflexible so you went ahead and made derivative replica with SP. Does this hurt GMK... possibly... but you can blame them for it for not accommodating smaller MOQ for less popular colorways.
If one was to pump out 1000s of CC replicas I would give zero ****s as long as it was clearly stated replica. I really couldn't fault someone for filling a supply void where there is clearly opportunity there. If clack is unhappy with someone coming along and making replica... maybe they could do plebian clacks for everyone that wants them to own in small color selection and just pump them out for $3 each or whatever... do other limited edition ones as now for the patrician collector fiends. I will blame clack for creating the void in the supply in their own market.
I don't have a ****ing doublestandard because I see them as products just like any other keycaps. You can be mad at me if you want, but I think a bunch of people are being hypocrites.
However, I won't defend the actions that the original point of this discussion was, duping people by cheating and lying about what it is. If making a lie (replica) just have integrity to be honest that it's a phoney and all is well in my book!