Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 379138 times)

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #650 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 14:02:18 »
Looking at it, I'm also pretty sure that the face is indented and the teeth are wrong.
Looks like the skull have a teeth overbite disorder ;)
Edit: Nvm it's the gumrot variant but I can swear it looks different
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 May 2014, 14:05:30 by Signature »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #651 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 14:41:02 »
This whole affair pissed me off.  First I got ripped off in a trade, then CC offers me a different key so he can get his hands on the fake, then stiffs me.  I would have kept the fake!  It was obviously cheap but once installed didn't look that bad.

I didn't receive anything myself but tbqh I honestly don't care anymore. I've been enjoying Cherry/GMK doubleshots than novelty key caps nowadays. I probably will get rid of any remaining clacks I own sometime soon or perhaps give them to my nephews.

Anyways, the images look to be the same "ice blue" that's been around. The texture near the 'cheek' areas looks off. The bottom of the cap looks machined and precise. Inside corners look sharp. CC would probably point out more

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #652 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 15:06:27 »
Another fake clack spotted :eek:

That sucks :(

Hopefully it is just another one of the old batch that was overlooked.

Did you PM CC?  As much as he's not well at the moment, he should know about this.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #653 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 15:20:24 »

motha ****ing koreans
Do you honestly not see that? Or are you intentionally a massive racist?
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #654 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 17:17:25 »
I agree Click Clack should be more Vocal here. Bro Caps is very vocal and I dont see anyone getting away with copying his work. So Clack needs to stand up and be more active as well .  :thumb:

clickclack has been around for over 3 years, Bro Caps has been active less than 1. I'm pretty sure people aren't copying Bro Caps because his first design was stuff, and his second design has been sent to only a handful of people.

Incoming GH Geekcast with CC?

That'd be amazing, I loved the Bro Caps episode!

Anyone have a link to this?

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #655 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 17:24:29 »
I agree Click Clack should be more Vocal here. Bro Caps is very vocal and I dont see anyone getting away with copying his work. So Clack needs to stand up and be more active as well .  :thumb:

clickclack has been around for over 3 years, Bro Caps has been active less than 1. I'm pretty sure people aren't copying Bro Caps because his first design was stuff, and his second design has been sent to only a handful of people.

Incoming GH Geekcast with CC?

That'd be amazing, I loved the Bro Caps episode!

Anyone have a link to this?

http://thekeyboardlounge.com/geekhackin-2/

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #656 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 19:31:28 »
Who cares if they're fake? They look to be just about the same thing. After all, they're just little pieces of plastic.

All versions of IE are the same.  They are all just pieces of ****.
I logged in just to say that was a good one :)

And did he really not send you anything fatter sending the fake one in metal :/
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #657 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 19:39:53 »
This whole affair pissed me off.  First I got ripped off in a trade, then CC offers me a different key so he can get his hands on the fake, then stiffs me.  I would have kept the fake!  It was obviously cheap but once installed didn't look that bad.

Ouch! ;)

Sorry about the delay, I seemed to have a number of members miffed (not as many as you might think though) at any given moment while I'm stuck playing the ruthless game of catch up. I'm extremely grateful that you were generous and willing to help me out, I'm deeply sorry I cannot return the favor just yet. I'm rather close but not quite ready and I am excited that I can soon return this favor.

I am thousands of emails behind on any given day and I'm battling a rather unfavorable signal to noise ratio regarding them. Post-it notes, day planners, reminders of various natures all become awash of significance but difficult to discern notation. Then add in a rather incomprehensible dose of easily 80+ hour work weeks, family medical issues, personal health issues, and I hope one can then imagine and perhaps even appreciate the difficulty in wrangling the unreasonable.

I'm doing what I can with what I got and I am guaranteed in advance that it will not be enough. That's a tough thing to swallow when you're pushing yourself this hard. So why bother? I bother because it generates motivation and I seem to subsist on the challenges of trying to earn the position and praise that I sometimes receive.

I am extremely grateful for what many have done for me in this community and similar venues. Trust me, I couldn't forget it or not act on it if I tried.

clack out!

For the tl;dr crowd-

-I like yooz peeps.
-Some of yooz peeps likes me.
-Thank yooz for everything.
-I'm often slow to respond.
-Kumbaya.

-cc  =)

862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #658 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 19:42:32 »

Ouch! ;)

Sorry about the delay, I seemed to have a number of members miffed (not as many as you might think though) at any given moment while I'm stuck playing the ruthless game of catch up. I'm extremely grateful that you were generous and willing to help me out, I'm deeply sorry I cannot return the favor just yet. I'm rather close but not quite ready and I am excited that I can soon return this favor.

I am thousands of emails behind on any given day and I'm battling a rather unfavorable signal to noise ratio regarding them. Post-it notes, day planners, reminders of various natures all become awash of significance but difficult to discern notation. Then add in a rather incomprehensible dose of easily 80+ hour work weeks, family medical issues, personal health issues, and I hope one can then imagine and perhaps even appreciate the difficulty in wrangling the unreasonable.

I'm doing what I can with what I got and I am guaranteed in advance that it will not be enough. That's a tough thing to swallow when you're pushing yourself this hard. So why bother? I bother because it generates motivation and I seem to subsist on the challenges of trying to earn the position and praise that I sometimes receive.

I am extremely grateful for what many have done for me in this community and similar venues. Trust me, I couldn't forget it or not act on it if I tried.

clack out!

For the tl;dr crowd-

-I like yooz peeps.
-Kumbaya.

-cc  =)

cc replies are the best

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #659 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 19:45:30 »

Ouch! ;)

clack out!

For the tl;dr crowd-

-I like yooz peeps.
-Kumbaya.

-cc  =)

we all appreciate what you do sir

clack on
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Sniping

« Reply #660 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 19:48:00 »

Ouch! ;)

clack out!

For the tl;dr crowd-

-I like yooz peeps.
-Kumbaya.

-cc  =)

cc replies are the best

I think the smiley face is the cherry on top.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #661 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 20:04:01 »

How do you know its fake without looking at the bottom? :S

Also, if you look at the bottom left corner you can see an imperfect edge.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #662 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 20:08:07 »
How have I missed this thread?!?!?!

This gives Click Crack a whole new meaning!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #663 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 20:54:47 »
Despite all of the challenges CC faced, he continue to churn out awesome caps at such high quality. I am even more appreciative of his work. All Grand Masters in their craft became successful without mere
coincidence and behind the scene are the constant struggles that RL throws at one. History have proven this. Take care CC.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #664 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 03:13:56 »
You Guys! I have an idea.

Maybe if i post in this thread in support of Charles Clack and against Foreign ClibClab manufactures he will shine his golden shine upon the world and i will receive this Covetous Cool Click Clack Cey.

Rah rah
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #665 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 04:48:34 »

Ouch! ;)

clack out!

For the tl;dr crowd-

-I like yooz peeps.
-Kumbaya.

-cc  =)

Aww well thats good thats good that everythings getting sorted out yay, I like meez too click :x and I need to edit that post its hard typing on a tablet :x well its good that everything has come to clicks view again, me thinks he should aim the lasers at the creater of these >_>
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 May 2014, 04:50:41 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #666 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 05:01:25 »
Who cares if they're fake? They look to be just about the same thing. After all, they're just little pieces of plastic.

<33

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Oh no, fake clacks again... ;o

CC you are so odd, I love it..  :):p

Offline beartung

« Reply #667 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 09:21:59 »
fake CC? Oh no... I think there are no fake ones...
Looking for Topre Orangesicle CC & Topre Limoncello CC

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #668 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 11:04:52 »

YOUR LOGIC IS MISSING. INTERNET EXPLORER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PLASTIC KEY CAPS. INTERNET EXPLORER, ESPECIALLY IE6, IS VASTLY SUPERIOR TO ANY KEY CAP ON THE PLANET THOUGH. SO YOU'RE WRONG. END OF DISCUSSION.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #669 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 12:10:43 »
fake CC? Oh no... I think there are no fake ones...

Well there are

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #670 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 12:14:33 »

Ouch! ;)

clack out!

For the tl;dr crowd-

-I like yooz peeps.
-Kumbaya.

-cc  =)

idkman. I feel like I like yoo and yoo dnt liek me...

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #671 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 12:20:23 »

Ouch! ;)

clack out!

For the tl;dr crowd-

-I like yooz peeps.
-Kumbaya.

-cc  =)

idkman. I feel like I like yoo and yoo dnt liek me...

lets hug it out man!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #672 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 12:24:49 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #673 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 08:05:54 »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #674 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 09:38:05 »

Offline iri

« Reply #675 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 09:42:28 »
oh, IvanIvanovich is an immortal now. how cute.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #676 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 10:46:15 »
As far as I can see with my Koreans, they're coming out of Vietnam this time. It looks like it may be associated with drugER.

If you have pics of fake clacks I want them for comparison.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #677 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 10:47:16 »
sad day

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #678 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 10:49:30 »
sad day
Very sad. CC has worked on these for years and sold them at incredibly affordable prices, put up with probably thousands on PMs and now someone comes along and does this. Disgusting.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #679 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 11:03:03 »
It's tough, but not impossible to enforce IP rights violations in Vietnam:

http://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/registering-and-enforcing-intellectual-property-rights-vietnam

http://talk.onevietnam.org/state-of-intellectual-property-and-copyright-in-vietnam/

With a little bit of work, I think CC can get something going there.

Offline BlueBär

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #681 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 11:31:44 »
As far as I can see with my Koreans, they're coming out of Vietnam this time. It looks like it may be associated with drugER.

If you have pics of fake clacks I want them for comparison.

whois info confirms Vietnam.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #682 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 12:24:34 »
It's tough, but not impossible to enforce IP rights violations in Vietnam:

http://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/registering-and-enforcing-intellectual-property-rights-vietnam

http://talk.onevietnam.org/state-of-intellectual-property-and-copyright-in-vietnam/

With a little bit of work, I think CC can get something going there.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39794.msg1448707#msg1448707
Might not only be CC.

Oh don't worry, I am doing my research for the both of us. I also have copyrights on my V2 design

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #683 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 12:26:44 »
how does the copyright work?

i thought you could only patent a design
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #684 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 12:41:28 »

Patents are *typically* for ideas or novel methods to do things.  Designs are usually copyrighted.  At least that's my understanding, it may very well be more complicated.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #685 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 12:44:49 »

Patents are *typically* for ideas or novel methods to do things.  Designs are usually copyrighted.  At least that's my understanding, it may very well be more complicated.

There are a lot of basic terms that muddy the waters between patent and IP law. Once you look at the legal jargon (if you can comprehend it) it becomes a lot more clear what is what. In layman's terms, yours is a decent description hoff.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #686 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 12:49:35 »

There are a lot of basic terms that muddy the waters between patent and IP law. Once you look at the legal jargon (if you can comprehend it) it becomes a lot more clear what is what. In layman's terms, yours is a decent description hoff.

That's my least favourite part of the whole ordeal.  :P  But yeah, my understanding is at a fairly high level (ie, not too great), so I can only really describe it in basic terms.  I'm no legal expert.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #687 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:05:33 »
Damn more? I PMd CC a couple months back as well about someone on KBDMania with a fake clack.. Damn these people..

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #688 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:05:54 »
Damn more? I PMd CC a couple months back as well about someone on KBDMania with a fake clack.. Damn these people..

that was drugER

this is not drugER

it's bad

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #689 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:10:28 »
btw when did pacifist move to vietnam?

Offline P3TC0CK

« Reply #690 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:10:45 »
Can someone explain to me why there is such a concern for protecting the IP of Click Clack when he has violated IP of whoever currently owns Star Wars? Just because one is part of the community and another is owned by a corporation doesn't make CC's violations anymore right.

I know there are less vaders than the other keycaps and that it doesn't make what the copycats are doing now anymore 'right', but it's all a bit ridiculous. If you were OK with Vader caps and the selling of them then you should be OK with what the counterfeiters are doing.
petcock
[pet-kok] 
noun
1. a small valve or faucet, as for draining off excess or waste material from the cylinder of a steam engine or an internal-combustion engine.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #691 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:10:54 »
btw when did pacifist move to vietnam?
:))
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #692 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:11:00 »

that was drugER

this is not drugER

it's bad

Damn...  :confused:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #693 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:14:30 »
Can someone explain to me why there is such a concern for protecting the IP of Click Clack when he has violated IP of whoever currently owns Star Wars? Just because one is part of the community and another is owned by a corporation doesn't make CC's violations anymore right.

I know there are less vaders than the other keycaps and that it doesn't make what the copycats are doing now anymore 'right', but it's all a bit ridiculous. If you were OK with Vader caps and the selling of them then you should be OK with what the counterfeiters are doing.

as far as he's said he's not violating IP by making vader caps

i forget why, but he's given a reason before explaining why it's OK

Offline Grim Fandango

• * Esteemed Elder
  • "The living still give me the creeps."
« Reply #694 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:18:06 »

Ouch! ;)

clack out!

For the tl;dr crowd-

-I like yooz peeps.
-Kumbaya.

-cc  =)

The real question on everyone's mind is,

Can't you get your gnomes to do it?
Mouse Guide 2.0: A list of mice with superior sensors and more.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

Offline P3TC0CK

« Reply #695 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:22:54 »

as far as he's said he's not violating IP by making vader caps

i forget why, but he's given a reason before explaining why it's OK

They're definitely not protected under fair use, so they're derivative works. Anything derivative needs the permission of the creator of the original work. Some artists/creators don't mind their work being derived so they allow fan art to be created (I'm sure Disney is fine with this) but as soon as money enters the equation it's a whole other story.

The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.”

link.

Article from Etsy regarding fair use. I think it's applicable seeing as Etsy is a market for artists of very similar crafts as CC.
petcock
[pet-kok] 
noun
1. a small valve or faucet, as for draining off excess or waste material from the cylinder of a steam engine or an internal-combustion engine.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #696 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:25:02 »

Wow man.. Didnt think it was this bad..  :confused: WTF

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #697 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:29:06 »
exitfire

you can't ban these accounts

I'm trying to get info from them

and I don't know if you saw

BUT THEY'RE LITERALLY FEEDING US INFORMATION

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #698 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:30:23 »
exitfire

you can't ban these accounts

I'm trying to get info from them

and I don't know if you saw

BUT THEY'RE LITERALLY FEEDING US INFORMATION

Not banning.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #699 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 13:35:31 »
First off let me say I am totally against these fakes.

Last time I was overseas in Hong Kong and Philippines it looked like there are fakes of everything including huge million-billion dollar brands. I mean if they can't control counterfeit products how can one-man-shows like brobot and clickclack fight against it? Is there a fight to be made concerning overseas counterfeit products?

There may be a way to stop them from selling to United States, but I feel like no matter what there will be fakes overseas. :[