Author Topic: No such thing as a free lunch...  (Read 11841 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
No such thing as a free lunch...
« on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:18:08 »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/18/jack-kingston-school-lunch_n_4467711.html

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) wants kids to learn early in life that there's no such thing as a free lunch. To make sure they absorb that lesson, he's proposing that low-income children do some manual labor in exchange for their subsidized meals.

The idea was to instill work ethic, so thoughts??

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
Re: No such thing as a free lunch...
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:27:22 »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/18/jack-kingston-school-lunch_n_4467711.html

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) wants kids to learn early in life that there's no such thing as a free lunch. To make sure they absorb that lesson, he's proposing that low-income children do some manual labor in exchange for their subsidized meals.

+1

i really hate it when kids who get free lunches CUT IN THE ****ING LINE

you got that food for free, go ****ing wait in the back of the line like everyone else

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:28:42 »
Nothing is free. Not even breathing.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:29:09 »
Nonsense, I get free lunches all the time. Mainly now, I just get free cookies and juice at the blood bank. Because I'm so poor :(

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:29:48 »
It's okay if all the kids had to work for their food. Can't be giving rich kids a free pass.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:29:58 »
its going to get backlash cuz for the most part the people who get free lunches are lazy and don't work for their food.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:30:28 »
let the kids who get free lunch pick up trash. that's only fair

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:35:12 »

you know you can edit your posts right?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:36:41 »

you know you can edit your posts right?

He forgot to cancel his last post before making another...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:41:06 »
+1 on this. People always cut in line and get free food. They all where $400 shoes and $100 hats. And forgot about g-shock for 'swag' I use my watch for keeping time lol. All those watches are not synced with the time and are 4 hours off average. I pay for my lunch, $20 a week. Get cookies and whatever they serve. MAKE EM WORK FOR FOOD!

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:42:31 »
It's okay if all the kids had to work for their food. Can't be giving rich kids a free pass.
Giving the rich kids a free pass by making them pay. Uhm...
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:45:11 »

No, they would have to work, too. Can't buy their way out.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 11:59:43 »

No, they would have to work, too. Can't buy their way out.
Yeah, I know, but I thought that paying being considered a free pass is silly logic. I'd sort of consider working a free pass.

You grab a mop and wipe the floors for a minute (Well, depends on cafeteria size), and get food for free. It's a win-win. You get physical exercise, and free food afterwards.
Paying is a lose-lose. You lose money and get lazy. Now I'm not the one to speak on the topic of laziness, but you get my point.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Jack

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 12:11:59 »
Are you ****ing kidding me? We're going to humiliate these kids because through no fault of their own they can't afford the normal price for a school lunch? And what in the hell does cutting in line have to do with anything? I can't believe anyone thinks this is a good idea. This is surely going to create a massive class division in the school. As it is, it's a fairly subtle thing for a student to get a free or reduced price lunch and it need not be a prominent indicator of status. But if we have a certain group of kids being made to perform labor at the school for their meals, this will create a clear and simple way for the others to set them apart, no doubt as some kind of subordinate class.

What makes this genius think there's some kind of myth of a free lunch? Does he think these kids don't go home and know about what difficulty there is in keeping the family fed, if they're at the poverty line? Does he think they don't know they're getting a free lunch precisely because it's sometimes difficult to be able to afford one and they're on the wrong side of that line? I got free lunches in school for a time, and I didn't go around thinking **** was going to fall into my lap all my life. I don't know what got into this guy's head that makes him think he needs to teach anyone a lesson, but he needs to put the god damn Heinlein down and go do something useful.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 12:22:55 »
Seems pretty goofy to me.  The kids who don't need a free lunch aren't exactly paying for it out of their own pockets - their parents are paying.  So just because some student's parents can't pay, it makes sense to make the kids earn the lunch? 

I agree with the idea of working to get a "free" lunch in general, but in this case it doesn't even things out like it's meant to, given that the other kids aren't paying for their lunches either.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 12:31:49 »
No, what they should do is this:

All children receive the free lunch, but all have to work.

Once a year, each classroom has to send two students, a male and a female, as tributes. These tributes would compete in some sort of competition, preferably to the death.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 12:48:11 »

Once a year, each classroom has to send two students, a male and a female, as tributes. These tributes would compete in some sort of competition, preferably to the death.

Wait a minute....

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:08:45 »

Wait a minute....
Hungry games?
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:10:38 »

Wait a minute....
Hungry games?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:12:04 »

Wait a minute....
Hungry games?

(Attachment Link)

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #20 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:22:19 »

Wait a minute....
Hungry games?

(Attachment Link)

Wait a minute....
Hungry games?

(Attachment Link)

Show Image

Sorry if I'm being oblivious to the actual reference or just stating the obvious, I haven't watched it or any movies (or read books) like it, so I assumed that's what it is.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:29:08 »
I am almost surprised at this point that these out of touch politicians haven't proposed bringing back serfdom. Sorry to tell you Timmy, you have racked up lunch debt this year and are now property of the school as an indentured servant.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:43:33 »
Dependence on entitlement programs is a real problem.  Not sure if this would help though.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:43:51 »
Pacifist I thought you were just annoying at first. Now I see you're just an entitled dumb ****.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:47:29 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:47:46 »
Pacifist I thought you were just annoying at first. Now I see your just entitled dumb ****.

I think this is more PM material, considering it isn't really on topic.

I think hashbaz is right. Having people rely on getting stuff for free isn't going to do them any good, and could be very bad for them later on. However, I think all this would earn the school system would be lawsuits from the people who think they're entitled to get free things.

I would like to see schools put in a discounted meal rather than a free meal, if they want to do something about it.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:50:52 »
considering it isn't really on topic.

* kmiller8 looks at subforum name

OuO

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:54:11 »
The idea of giving kids a work ethic is a great idea, but I think ALL of the kids who have been given everything by mommy and daddy need to sweep some floors also.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:56:16 »
Pacifist I thought you were just annoying at first. Now I see your just entitled dumb ****.

I think this is more PM material, considering it isn't really on topic.

I think hashbaz is right. Having people rely on getting stuff for free isn't going to do them any good, and could be very bad for them later on. However, I think all this would earn the school system would be lawsuits from the people who think they're entitled to get free things.

I would like to see schools put in a discounted meal rather than a free meal, if they want to do something about it.
I'm talking about his stupid reasons why he backs this up.

I don't know how I feel about this tho. On one hand it's pretty ****ed up to single out a group of kids due to stuff out of their hands. On the other hand, well, I don't see how this is going to turn out well.

Offline inteli722

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 13:59:58 »
The idea of giving kids a work ethic is a great idea, but I think ALL of the kids who have been given everything by mommy and daddy need to sweep some floors also.

I would agree with this completely, though that mostly just comes down to bad parenting and doesn't really have a ton to do with the school system
More

Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues

Offline Malphas

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 14:15:04 »
Moronic idea. Last thing you want to be encouraging in school in segregation of different social strata, stigmatising one group, causing resentment of another, and as someone already said all the kids are essentially getting "free" lunches, the difference is who is paying for it - their parents or the state, but the end result to the individual kid is the same. The pupils are already receiving "free" education anyway, so how is throwing a lunch in having a huge impact on that? Speaking of education, wouldn't kids time at school be better spent learning and studying rather than sweeping floors and wiping tables?

However, I do think entitling some groups to free lunches and not to others to is generally unfair. In my view, lunches should either be made freely available to all pupils, or not at all. Means testing is bull**** and leads to situations where for example you have Family A, where neither parent works, whoa are entitled to free lunches, and Family B where both parents work two full-time minimum wage jobs who aren't entitled, because they're marginally better off economically. The system should reward work and effort rather than penalising it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2013, 14:20:45 by Malphas »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 14:27:42 »
Moronic idea. Last thing you want to be encouraging in school in segregation of different social strata, stigmatising one group, causing resentment of another, and as someone already said all the kids are essentially getting "free" lunches, the difference is who is paying for it - their parents or the state, but the end result to the individual kid is the same. The pupils are already receiving "free" education anyway, so how is throwing a lunch in having a huge impact on that? Speaking of education, wouldn't kids time at school be better spent learning and studying rather than sweeping floors and wiping tables?

However, I do think entitling some groups to free lunches and not to others to is generally unfair. In my view, lunches should either be made freely available to all pupils, or not at all. Means testing is bull**** and leads to situations where for example you have Family A, where neither parent works, whoa are entitled to free lunches, and Family B where both parents work two full-time minimum wage jobs who aren't entitled, because they're marginally better off economically. The system should reward work and effort rather than penalising it.

You bring up a good point about the education being "free" (paid for by society).  It makes the whole idea of paying for lunch seem really petty.  I have no idea what the relative scales of costs are for the lunches vs. the teachers salaries, but it almost seems to make more sense to just make the lunch included in the tax burden.

Also, what sort of school are we all debating about here?  Is it one that requires the students to get a lunch from the school, or is it one that offers lunch and students/parents can opt to bring their own bag lunch?

Offline iri

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:28:14 »
Why can't all the kids get their lunch for free?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:31:29 »

Because this isn't Russia.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:31:49 »

Because some of us make 'too much' money

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:37:40 »
+1. TBH, I'd argue they should do this for all kids, regardless of income status. There's way, way, WAY too many kids growing up these days thinking they're somehow entitled to **** that they didn't work or earn. Also, actually earning something means that it's valued more.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:39:58 »

Why should they? There's no such thing as "free". Somebody, somewhere has to pay for it. While I don't mind using taxes for social infrastructure, human nature has proven time and time again that those who receive for free will have no motivation to produce, and those who do produce and have the fruits of their labor given away to somebody who doesn't will have less and less motivation to produce until nobody is producing anything.

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:41:45 »
Giving away food is like the end of the world or something. Get back to work!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:42:10 »

War is more profitable than well fed kids

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 15:43:00 »

War is more profitable than well fed kids

WAR what is it good for....

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 16:01:49 »
Giving away food is like the end of the world or something. Get back to work!
I would love to have this way of thinking here in my country ...
Here our politicians are used to give food to our children but WE are the ones whom are paying the bills!
*ucking third world ...

I do prefer a kid that knows that he has to fight for his food than one that sits and waits to be feed.
It's a shame, IMHO.
"bread and circuses" right?
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2013, 16:12:42 by agodinhost »
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline iri

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 16:04:23 »
Why should they?
on the planet where i grew up, kids were given two choices: get a free three-meal course or get a cash compensation if they didn't need a free lunch.
on your planet of the free and the brave, i guess, mopping the floor to get a free lunch makes more sense.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Malphas

« Reply #41 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 16:40:09 »

Why should they? There's no such thing as "free". Somebody, somewhere has to pay for it. While I don't mind using taxes for social infrastructure, human nature has proven time and time again that those who receive for free will have no motivation to produce, and those who do produce and have the fruits of their labor given away to somebody who doesn't will have less and less motivation to produce until nobody is producing anything.

Where's your proof of this exactly? Why do countries like Luxembourg and Norway have higher GDP per capita and lower unemployment rates than the United States then? Which would indicate the opposite of what you're proposing.

Really, nonsensical stuff like this is only adding to the increasing image of the US as a country in gradual decline, seen as less developed than Europe, and on the verge of becoming a laughing stock.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2013, 16:42:12 by Malphas »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 16:41:42 »

Where's your proof of this exactly? Why do countries like Luxembourg and Norway have higher GDP per capita and lower unemployment rates than the United States then? Which would indicate the opposite of what you're proposing.

I think a big part of that is size and scaling.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 16:42:14 »
Why should they?
on the planet where i grew up, kids were given two choices: get a free three-meal course or get a cash compensation if they didn't need a free lunch.
on your planet of the free and the brave, i guess, mopping the floor to get a free lunch makes more sense.

get paid to eat school lunch...that's more like it.....

Offline Malphas

« Reply #44 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 16:43:50 »

I think a big part of that is size and scaling.

Why not elaborate?

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 16:56:44 »
Look, these kids in 'Murica nowadays are lazy.  Kids in China and India at that age work 12 hours a day making your Nike shoes and your Apple iPhones.  They are learning valuable skills.  How can you compare real world experience like that with going to school?   You can't.  Sure they lose a finger now and again, but that child's loss is your gain.

Do you think those kids ^ in Asia have a free lunch?  Or any lunch?  They are lucky to get one meal per week.  So these kids in 'Murica are just spoiled.  We need more right thinking 'Muricans like this Rep. Jack Kingston (R-CA) guy.

He is the kind of man who will bring child-labor sweatshops back to 'Murica. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline inteli722

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 17:11:58 »
Look, these kids in 'Murica nowadays are lazy.  Kids in China and India at that age work 12 hours a day making your Nike shoes and your Apple iPhones.  They are learning valuable skills.  How can you compare real world experience like that with going to school?   You can't.  Sure they lose a finger now and again, but that child's loss is your gain.

Show Image

Do you think those kids ^ in Asia have a free lunch?  Or any lunch?  They are lucky to get one meal per week.  So these kids in 'Murica are just spoiled.  We need more right thinking 'Muricans like this Rep. Jack Kingston (R-CA) guy.

Show Image

He is the kind of man who will bring child-labor sweatshops back to 'Murica.

I get that this is a joke post, but when the kids in China and India learn valuable skills, when will they use them when they're just making more of the same stuff?

I, for one, support the all-or-nothing approach. Either it's all free lunch or no free lunch. I think that the latter is better, as long as the free lunch is replaced with a discounted lunch with similar items (that is, if the free lunch is a cheese sandwich and some milk, as it was when I knew of them. If it's a regular lunch, then make them pay.)
More

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 17:48:33 »

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." - The Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Is food right, life, liberty and happiness for all, especially kids, isn't it?
So why this guy, Jack Kingston, wants "low-income children do some manual labor in exchange for their subsidized meals" while the other kids don't?
:confused:
I like linear switches

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 17:52:38 »

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." - The Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

So why this guy, Jack Kingston, wants "low-income children do some manual labor in exchange for their subsidized meals" while the other kids don't?

The other kids are paying for it.  With money.

Also, when interpreting that quote, please keep in mind the difference between positive and negative rights.  They have vastly different implications.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_and_positive_rights

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 17:55:30 »

Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.)

you see that R next to Ga? Stands for republican. Some (not all) republicans believe that if you aren't rich, you aren't worthy.

it all boils down to politics, not this guy actually giving a **** about what kids learn.