Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016 - OPENING GIFTS!  (Read 540144 times)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Christmas Secret Santa Round 3
« Reply #750 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 20:13:51 »
Glad to hear I nailed it.  I really didn't have a chance to properly stalk you, so I just threw some small things together.  And it really wasn't anything huge, just a bunch of small little things.

The cigar box was really awful when I got it from the thrift store.  I actually sanded, dyed, and refinished the outside then added the suede lining on the bottom.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #751 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 20:16:59 »
The cigar box was really awful when I got it from the thrift store.  I actually sanded, dyed, and refinished the outside then added the suede lining on the bottom.

That's so thoughtful!  It's awesome that you put so much work into this gift.  :)

And those chopsticks.  :))  Love it.   :-*

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #752 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 20:20:00 »
Nice gift and nice pictures :thumb:

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #753 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 20:22:11 »
Glad to hear I nailed it.  I really didn't have a chance to properly stalk you, so I just threw some small things together.  And it really wasn't anything huge, just a bunch of small little things.

Damn, thanks for all that extra work, bro.  Seriously.  I'm trying to decide on where to place it, right now.  It's surprising how useful a simple box can be and it's got character. :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #754 on: Fri, 23 January 2015, 22:08:22 »
It is a fun little box.  I really like the fact that sanding it exposed parts of the nails used to hold it together.  Unfortunately the dye didn't come out the way I wanted except for on the sides.  If you feel the back of the box, that's how the whole thing was, but worse.  I think it may be mahogany, but I didn't really look hard at the box.  It looks like they used junk wood that would have otherwise been scrap.

Anyways, I'm just glad everyone now got something, even if it meant I sent two gifts to make sure it happened.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #755 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 08:00:43 »
I finally got back after holiday, however.. my GPU fried up along the way... but I opened my SS present.. I still don't know who you are, but I absolutely love it. I won't even redeem the flowery treant! I don't even remember what I asked for, but this makes me really really happy.

Furion is one of my favourite hero, even though I stopped playing him like a year ago, he's still very cool.  :p  I wish I know who you are so I can add you on steam!

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #756 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 15:05:22 »
Nubs posted the list of who got who a few pages back.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #757 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 07:25:30 »

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #758 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 17:39:33 »
Thanks a lot guys! I love you, Binge...  :thumb:

Here ya go: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63501.msg1581087#msg1581087

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #759 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:41:57 »
Thanks a lot guys! I love you, Binge...  :thumb:

Here ya go: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63501.msg1581087#msg1581087

<3 Furion was my guy back in WC3 RoC.  Hard hitting INT badass :D
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #760 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 03:34:03 »
I finally got back after holiday, however.. my GPU fried up along the way... but I opened my SS present.. I still don't know who you are, but I absolutely love it. I won't even redeem the flowery treant! I don't even remember what I asked for, but this makes me really really happy.

Furion is one of my favourite hero, even though I stopped playing him like a year ago, he's still very cool.  :p  I wish I know who you are so I can add you on steam!

Show Image

Wow so jealous! Furion is so cool :(

So, are we doing sign ups for SS round 4 yet? :P
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #761 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 13:14:23 »
We've toyed with the idea of a Summer Santa.  If people want one that goes around June/July, pipe up, otherwise we'll just run the next one around Christmas.  Unless Bunny wants to take it back over again.

Hopefully we'll have the randomizer software up for the next one.  It will make it easier to pair people.  I must have spent a couple hours this time around getting people paired up and I still managed to have one mistake.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #762 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 16:38:09 »

We've toyed with the idea of a Summer Santa.  If people want one that goes around June/July, pipe up, otherwise we'll just run the next one around Christmas.  Unless Bunny wants to take it back over again.

Hopefully we'll have the randomizer software up for the next one.  It will make it easier to pair people.  I must have spent a couple hours this time around getting people paired up and I still managed to have one mistake.
I would be in for participating, no matter which month!

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #763 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 13:04:47 »

I'm in!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #764 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:18:57 »

I think that's a little 'hint hint, nudge nudge' to me. :) 

I will build this for you when I have a little free time. Not sure how I am going to notify everyone without someone actually doing the PMs. When I get to it I will solve those problems. :)

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #765 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:21:27 »
You could make a bot account, like 7bot

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #766 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:21:28 »
Is it possible to link it to an e-mail account and have it auto-send e-mails?

And no worries if you can't get something made up anytime soon.  I can keep doing it old school.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #767 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:25:06 »
Is it possible to link it to an e-mail account and have it auto-send e-mails?

And no worries if you can't get something made up anytime soon.  I can keep doing it old school.
Emails would probably be easier, but we will see once I get into it. I have some ideas.  A couple build projects and some features on my plate building tool are ahead of this right now. It should only take me a day or two to build though.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #768 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:26:07 »
Summer one would be nice. If there's no automated system, maybe there can be a 3rd party (not in the summer santa) who can at least be in charge of assigning people, so that you dont have to see who you're pared up with.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #769 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 21:26:23 »
Oh I have some extra funds! I'd love to join this time :)
Hi :)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #770 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 01:23:44 »

june. deadline june 27th. all gifts to demik for his bday kthx
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #771 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 19:25:47 »

june. deadline june 27th. all gifts to demik for his bday kthx

Hey that's my birthday too!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #772 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 11:15:24 »
AUGUST 27th is the proper birthdate.. for me :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #773 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 11:32:53 »

I'm in!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #774 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 11:55:25 »
In.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #775 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 11:56:10 »
I'm way in. Also Aug 21st is my B-Day.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #776 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 11:59:40 »
Don't know if I will be able to afford =/
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #777 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 12:58:01 »
I'd be in for another round

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #778 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:28:16 »
Since people are interested, I'll start coming up with something for it.  Might it be more fun if we did a theme, no-keyboard related stuff run, or dollar limit?  I really want to encourage some more thoughtful or handmade things instead of just buying something from EK or Techkeys and sending it on.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #779 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 14:45:04 »
Since people are interested, I'll start coming up with something for it.  Might it be more fun if we did a theme, no-keyboard related stuff run, or dollar limit?  I really want to encourage some more thoughtful or handmade things instead of just buying something from EK or Techkeys and sending it on.

It think this would be a great idea.  Keep the limit to something like $20 and make the gifter really think about it (also, the giftee really needs to try to provide some details about the things they are into and other things like clothing sizes/fav bands/ fav colors, etc...). 

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #780 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 23:42:37 »

It think this would be a great idea.  Keep the limit to something like $20 and make the gifter really think about it (also, the giftee really needs to try to provide some details about the things they are into and other things like clothing sizes/fav bands/ fav colors, etc...).

+1

Plus, mandatory drawing of something

Step up your IRL ms paint drawing skills

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #781 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:56:26 »

I supplied all of this info except for clothing size for the secret santa. Apparently I have know what I'm doing?
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #782 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 18:43:01 »

Well it depends really. The person I was gifting to didn't seem to want clothing which is fine xD

Also if you need help setting up this summer santa I can help since I'll be paying off a summer vacation when this rolls around and won't be participating
I supplied all of this info except for clothing size for the secret santa. Apparently I have know what I'm doing?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #783 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 00:46:07 »
Alright, summer santa will be incoming this weekend.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: Summer Santa - Update this Weekend
« Reply #784 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 00:47:34 »

Alright, summer santa will be incoming this weekend.

Nudes for all!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #785 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 00:52:24 »

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #786 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 00:53:16 »
Sweeet

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #787 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 01:02:40 »
I missed all of this talk last month. Sounds like a good time. Count me in.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #788 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 01:24:02 »
Sloppy wet vaginas and an orange marzipan dildo pony!

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #789 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 01:30:21 »
Sloppy wet vaginas and an orange marzipan dildo pony!
I want an orange marzipan filco pony!

Please

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #790 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 01:32:35 »
Awesome news nubs! :thumb:

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #791 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 02:09:09 »
IN! 

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #792 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 12:04:37 »
100% in  :thumb:

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #793 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 18:27:07 »
pls summer santa I was good for the past few months, pls give me 356 mini and jack clack

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #794 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 18:29:46 »
pls summer santa I was good for the past few months, pls give me 356 mini and jack clack

Summer Santa will now grant you Tai Hao caps and whatever board is on the top of the pile from an e-waste recycler. It seems to say "ell". I wonder if there should've been a D in front but it's worn off now.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #795 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 18:30:24 »

Summer Santa will now grant you Tai Hao caps and whatever board is on the top of the pile from an e-waste recycler. It seems to say "ell". I wonder if there should've been a D in front but it's worn off now.

Summer Santa's a jerk.  :(

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #796 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 18:31:05 »
Hoff you don't like really aged AT101s? ;)

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #797 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 18:34:02 »

I then request GMK Dolch or Olivetti rebranded as Tai Hao caps!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #798 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 18:34:17 »

Like this girl, I hope you get everything you truly want in your summer santa

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #799 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 18:40:29 »
Dear summer Santa, I want what 2chainz wants.