Author Topic: [IC] GMK Blue Mod Set (Final Render & Pricing Received) Going Live April 3rd!  (Read 1837447 times)

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [IC] GMK Green Mod Set (Revised Mockup Received)
« Reply #450 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 12:12:44 »
I really want this set to include HHKB support because most group buys won't do it because of the small amount of us that use HHKB layout in MX.

Ya buddy, I need some classy keys for my Viper.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #451 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 13:17:11 »
I love HHKB layout, but I'm not that big of a fan of Topre anymore.

I really want this set to include HHKB support because most group buys won't do it because of the small amount of us that use HHKB layout in MX.

I hope this set can appeal to as wide of an audience as possible, but it is hard to do that and at the same time create an affordable set.

Is it worth splitting this into two options: (1) standard TKL set with 1.25x mods, (2) everything else (where everything else includes HHKB, ISO, 1800, etc.).

I know about MOQ and generating sufficient interest - would two options like this split MOQ into 250 of each set?  Or would (could?) it be 250 total?  I guess that would be up to GMK.

Perhaps a poll: who would buy standard TKL set, who would buy an "everything else" set, who would buy both.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #452 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 19:18:10 »
There are like 500 MX based keyboards that may use full or partial HHKB keys considering the recent viper and infinity boards sold. Thus, even with halft of them the set may reach MoQ.

Main difference between viper and infinity is the bottom row that are only 4 keys and the 7u spacebar, that in any case are also needed by winkey less Cherry and Korean models that in most GB are already included. So we are talking basically of the control key, 1u \|, 1.5u backspace and splitted right shift plus FN, that is 5 keys only. It is not that hard to consider, and even those with no current need for them may be prepared in case they want to explore that layout in the future.

Just because 500 boards exist doesn't mean those people will buy sets.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #453 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 19:49:41 »
Perhaps a poll: who would buy standard TKL set, who would buy an "everything else" set, who would buy both.

In this colourway, I would buy an "everything else"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #454 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 19:59:04 »
I'm out on AE.  EK already has sets of most of what you'd want or need.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #455 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 19:59:57 »

It's not set in stone it's going to be AE. I'm trying to explore other color options.

It may not even end up being green.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #456 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 20:01:12 »

I love HHKB layout, but I'm not that big of a fan of Topre anymore.

I hope this set can appeal to as wide of an audience as possible, but it is hard to do that and at the same time create an affordable set.

Is it worth splitting this into two options: (1) standard TKL set with 1.25x mods, (2) everything else (where everything else includes HHKB, ISO, 1800, etc.).

I know about MOQ and generating sufficient interest - would two options like this split MOQ into 250 of each set?  Or would (could?) it be 250 total?  I guess that would be up to GMK.

From what I have seen in past group buys and from talking to other organizers, I think keeping as one set is the best option. It will be cheaper than buying two separate sets. I'm waiting on the next quote from GMK, and if that isn't cheap enough I have planned the next set of keys that will be cut.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #457 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 20:22:36 »

No full bottom row, no caps lock, no tab. There's quite a bit missing from EK.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #458 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 21:21:20 »

You are missing the point: It is not about EK stock, it is about the color set and AE is just too loud to be a good color for a full modifiers set, maybe not for some keys like a couple of control, or shifts. A GB like this should appeal a wide audience to reach MoQ, and a bright color may not the most popular one, maybe an standard color like beige is not the answer either, but a color that may be in the middle, and being not so common, and not so loud.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #459 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 21:28:48 »

You are missing the point: It is not about EK stock, it is about the color set and AE is just too loud to be a good color for a full modifiers set

Lots of people would love to see a full mod set of AE, read the thread.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #460 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 21:32:24 »

You are missing the point: It is not about EK stock, it is about the color set and AE is just too loud to be a good color for a full modifiers set, maybe not for some keys like a couple of control, or shifts. A GB like this should appeal a wide audience to reach MoQ, and a bright color may not the most popular one, maybe an standard color like beige is not the answer either, but a color that may be in the middle, and being not so common, and not so loud.

Iunno. Could work.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #461 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:09:09 »

You are missing the point: It is not about EK stock, it is about the color set and AE is just too loud to be a good color for a full modifiers set

If by "lots of people" you meant the few that have been very vocal - many post each - about the color, yes I agree that "lots of people" want it.

Offline justnits

« Reply #462 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:09:20 »

Iunno. Could work.
Show Image

^this.
i'm imagining WoAE coloured mods with ivan's cherry irish green...
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #463 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:13:25 »

If by "lots of people" you meant the few that have been very vocal - many post each - about the color, yes I agree that "lots of people" want it.

Okay.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #464 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:36:12 »

I was going to let this go but I'm sick of people trying to throw their weight around in IC threads to push their own agenda. Those "few people" that you talk about?

justnits
frostytoast
geniekid
Ivan
quochung
Geroximo
HoffmanMyster (for several sets)
exitfire
Wildcard (for several sets)
Myself
EDIT: radio_killah

I just read the whole thread and there are just as many people (if not more) interested in AE than there were for 3B. You're well within your rights to not agree with people about the colorway, but don't talk **** to try and get your own choice pushed through. It's ****ing annoying.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:42:04 by bueller »

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #465 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:37:52 »

I was going to let this go but I'm sick of people trying to throw their weight around in IC threads to push their own agenda. Those "few people" that you talk about?

justnits
frostytoast
geniekid
Ivan
quochung
Geroximo
exitfire
Myself

I just read the whole thread and there are just as many people (if not more) interested in AE than there were for 3B. You're well within your rights to not agree with people about the colorway, but don't talk **** to try and get your own choice pushed through. It's ****ing annoying.

There are also plenty of people who think 3B is fugly.  :p

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #466 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:41:06 »
I just want a green mod set. I have liked the mockups already posted. The cost is just what is holding me back. To join into the current conversation though, AE is my preference. 3B isn't bad but it is too toned down in my opinion and not the type of green I would like in a mod set.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #467 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:46:36 »

justnits
frostytoast
geniekid
Ivan
quochung
Geroximo
exitfire
Myself

There are also plenty of people who think 3B is fugly.  :p

I think people that are not talking their minds do not deserve some of us driving the IC that is suppose to be open to all opinions, but just for the record, I have not express any preference for a particular color, I just wrote AE is too bold and at least three other members have wrote that too, that is not an agenda, lets be the people and the OP who decide what the set would be, at the end each one could join or not. And I am flattered that you think I have some "weight" LOL, I do not even understand what do you meant by that. Relax pal.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #468 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:47:47 »

justnits
frostytoast
geniekid
Ivan
quochung
Geroximo
exitfire
Myself
EDIT: radio_killah

Aww shucks.

I am just here to support bill and get some nifty keycaps. My opinion means jack **** really haha.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #469 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:51:55 »
Since the fact that this may not even be in green at all is in the air, here are some of my preferences in no particular order:
AE
N5
V4
N6
V2
N7
V1

All of these I imagine would go well with classic beige as well as BoW.
I have no idea however which is my favourite.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #470 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 22:53:17 »

Quick and dirty shots, just to humor you.  :P

Irish Dyesubs, CCnG (SP DCS), GMK AE

Irish Dyesubs + CCnG + GMK AE by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Irish Dyesubs, GMK AE

Irish Dyesubs + GMK AE by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Irish Dyesubs, CCnG (SP DCS)

Irish Dyesubs + CCnG by HoffmanMyster, on Flickr

Offline justnits

« Reply #471 on: Mon, 26 January 2015, 23:17:20 »

Show Image

Irish Dyesubs, GMK AE
Show Image

Show Image

U know, there are many times when I just point out to someone and say 'u da man!', and it isn't with much or any convictions with it.

But today, I want to point out at Hoffmanmyster and say,
You da man! with all my heart!  ;D :thumb: :-*

OK back to topic, it looks like the ccng mod colour is almost similar shade with green Irish main legend.
I'm not sure what colour gmk has that is closed to ccng's mod colour but I seriously wouldn't mind that colour or AE green. But pls dun take me too seriously (but really...I think it's really nice  :)) ) since my choice of colour is biased towards pairing with Irish green set  :D

I initially wanted to get EK's AE green enter and possibly arrow clusters or WASD to pair with Irish green.
But if this mod is going to go white on AE (or the shade of green almost similar to ccng mod), this will be perfect!

Edit: I had some free time, did a rough recolouring mockup on ivan's irish green set.
Pardon the ugliness on the recoloured legend :-X

colour samples taken from this 2 points for top surface and side surface.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 00:43:18 by justnits »
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue

Offline renne

« Reply #472 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 02:07:12 »

Show Image

Irish Dyesubs, GMK AE
Show Image

Show Image

U know, there are many times when I just point out to someone and say 'u da man!', and it isn't with much or any convictions with it.

But today, I want to point out at Hoffmanmyster and say,
You da man! with all my heart!  ;D :thumb: :-*

OK back to topic, it looks like the ccng mod colour is almost similar shade with green Irish main legend.
I'm not sure what colour gmk has that is closed to ccng's mod colour but I seriously wouldn't mind that colour or AE green. But pls dun take me too seriously (but really...I think it's really nice  :)) ) since my choice of colour is biased towards pairing with Irish green set  :D

I initially wanted to get EK's AE green enter and possibly arrow clusters or WASD to pair with Irish green.
But if this mod is going to go white on AE (or the shade of green almost similar to ccng mod), this will be perfect!

Edit: I had some free time, did a rough recolouring mockup on ivan's irish green set.
Pardon the ugliness on the recoloured legend :-X

Show Image

colour samples taken from this 2 points for top surface and side surface.
Show Image

so cool! :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #473 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 06:18:12 »

Show Image

Irish Dyesubs, GMK AE
Show Image

Show Image

Thanks for the pics Hoff :-*

As for everyone else, I understand that most of the time in IC's there are a few very vocal people supporting each side. I'm doing my best to produce something that will appeal to as wide of an audience as possible. I know that some people won't like it, but hopefully at least 250 will :)). I take each person's input into consideration and I hope we can all work together to get some cool new caps made.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #474 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 09:36:39 »

This is nice... kind of like an updated

I was thinking to maybe do something like that in the late spring/early summer with GMK if we don't get greened out by then.

Offline justnits

« Reply #475 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 10:46:06 »

Show Image

Irish Dyesubs, GMK AE
Show Image

Show Image

As for everyone else, I understand that most of the time in IC's there are a few very vocal people supporting each side. I'm doing my best to produce something that will appeal to as wide of an audience as possible. I know that some people won't like it, but hopefully at least 250 will :)). I take each person's input into consideration and I hope we can all work together to get some cool new caps made.

Show Image

This is nice... kind of like an updated
Show Image

I was thinking to maybe do something like that in the late spring/early summer with GMK if we don't get greened out by then.

i'm actually hoping for a lock icon capslock, win8 logo and backspace logo similar to ivan's post here, but i'd still go with your current legends if the price and color is right  ;D
| | | |

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #476 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 10:47:05 »

Show Image

Irish Dyesubs, GMK AE
Show Image

Show Image

Fair enough, and by the way, I understand your dilemma because I work as a lead design engineer, and I know it is very hard to keep happy a diverse stakeholders audience, and I can see your balanced approach. Fortunately, now there is more than one IC / GB including modifiers sets that may meet the demand of most, and I am planning to try to support most of them as I like ABS DS GMK caps most than any other type, and I really hope all these current and upcoming GBs to be successful.

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #477 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 11:24:20 »
I would still prefer black legends on bright background for the sake of OG BoW Cherry compatibility.
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 January 2015, 11:37:12 by Geroximo »

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #478 on: Tue, 27 January 2015, 16:23:29 »

Clearly, I'm 100% on the same page as Ideus here, and I want to add the following: I think that the appeal of AE (for those who find AE appealing) is much like the reason all the demo TVs have the brightness cranked up - it attracts attention. For a keyboard, though - something you are going to look at 1000s of times - you're gonna get tired of AE pretty quick. End of the day - you buy something that bright you might as well call it a novelty color because for the vast majority of users who buy such a thing you're going to pull that off, eventually, and replace it with something more subtle so that you can actually sit at your keyboard and get something done.

LOL - it's so funny but I swear that the color actually makes me f***ing angry or something.

Topre REALFORCE

Offline justnits

« Reply #479 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 03:34:07 »
some messing around again...

White on N7 green mod

White on AE green mod

| | | |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #480 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 03:36:36 »

Show Image

White on N7 green mod

Show Image

White on AE green mod

N7 just seems like a dark green set, reminiscent of something Vortex did recently.

I quite like the AE with the Irish set, although there are very few Irish sets around, so mocking something up with such a set is not depicting a setup that many people would be able to create.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #481 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 03:49:09 »

Show Image

White on N7 green mod

Show Image

White on AE green mod

N7 just seems like a dark green set, reminiscent of something Vortex did recently.

I quite like the AE with the Irish set, although there are very few Irish sets around, so mocking something up with such a set is not depicting a setup that many people would be able to create.

They're re-running the Irish set now, go people go!

Offline justnits

« Reply #482 on: Wed, 28 January 2015, 03:51:14 »

Show Image

White on N7 green mod

Show Image

White on AE green mod

yeap, that is true, that's why in my last few post i did mentioned that my suggestions tend to be biased as i'm interested to pair this with irish green.
i don't have the proper tools or skills to make a nice render, this is just something i do for myself to see how it'd looks like if i pair them with irish green and i thought there's no harm sharing it over here :)

hmm, N7 is GMK RGBY's shift key colour right?

we'll just see what billnye have come up with :)
| | | |

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #483 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 04:40:59 »
I'm down for a 3B set.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #484 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:38:13 »
How would you guys feel about this set (not same colors) + a few caps

ISO enter
ISO left shift
Control r3 stepped and full touch
~` matching cap
matching escape (in the escape pack)

This version wouldn't have full TKL support and would be more the style of Ivan's mod gb. I'm just trying to bounce around more ideas while I'm waiting to hear back from GMK. I could try to look into a separate pack for a full TKL kit, but that likely wouldn't reach MOQ.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 February 2015, 17:04:19 by billnye »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #485 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:39:54 »
That looks good to me, the layout at least.  If not sure if we'd need the stepped control and I'd add an Esc.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:41:58 by nubbinator »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #486 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:40:33 »

Show Image

ISO enter
ISO left shift
~` matching cap

This version wouldn't have full TKL support and would be more the style of Ivan's mod gb. I'm just trying to bounce around more ideas while I'm waiting to hear back from GMK. I could try to look into a separate pack for a full TKL kit, but that likely wouldn't reach MOQ.

Yeeeeep. Honestly I think unless you're doing a full set the price needs to be as low as possible otherwise it never reaches MOQ. This would work perfectly.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #487 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:40:54 »

Show Image

ISO enter
ISO left shift
~` matching cap

That looks good to me too maybe an esc to round it out?

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #488 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:41:47 »

Show Image

ISO enter
ISO left shift
~` matching cap

oh yea forgot to mention there will be a separate escape pack with 3 caps. Also GMK has said they will throw in a mystery cap with this ^-^

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #489 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:41:50 »
I'd be interested if we could get this down to around $20 shipped
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #490 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:42:37 »
I'd be interested if we could get this down to around $20 shipped

$13.37 or no deal

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #491 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 20:43:37 »

Show Image

ISO enter
ISO left shift
~` matching cap

oh yea forgot to mention there will be a separate escape pack with 3 caps. Also GMK has said they will throw in a mystery cap with this ^-^

Sweet sounds good then  :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #492 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 21:17:56 »
I'd be in depending of price of course. I do not know if you expect some feedback about keycaps because the previous set already included many of the feedback we gave you before.

Offline justnits

« Reply #493 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 00:02:06 »

Show Image

ISO enter
ISO left shift
~` matching cap

that looks sufficient enough.
kinda like a slightly slimmer version of purple mod i guess.
| | | |

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #494 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 00:21:37 »

Show Image

ISO enter
ISO left shift
~` matching cap

To be honest I strongly prefer full TKL support. Most of my keyboards are TKL and looking at the media threads TKL seems to be the most popular size on Geekhack.

I mean it would be a shame to have these awesome keys, but almost never use them...

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #495 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 00:44:50 »
Really like the bottom pic in the op. Would be in for that.

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #496 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 05:19:53 »
 I would certainly be interested in an AE mods set.

GMK makes cherry profile, right?

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #497 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:01:43 »
I would certainly be interested in an AE mods set.

GMK makes cherry profile, right?
Yes sir Cherry profile

Also, haven't gotten a new mockup yet from GMK. Still trying to work out a few things :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #498 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:08:46 »

Show Image

ISO enter
ISO left shift
~` matching cap

I think I have not comment on this yet, and it is a basic modifiers set in the line of other moogles that have been manufactured by SP, and they are always in demand so it is a great option. From a personal perspective, if you add the 1.5u row 2 backspace I would certainly buy three sets.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #499 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 07:12:39 »

Show Image

ISO enter
ISO left shift
~` matching cap

I think I have not comment on this yet, and it is a basic modifiers set in the line of other moogles that have been manufactured by SP, and they are always in demand so it is a great option. From a personal perspective, if you add the 1.5u row 2 backspace I would certainly buy three sets.
There may be a 1.75u one, not too sure about the demand for a 1.5u one.

I was thinking us HHKB users could bite the bullet a little and just use the matching color \| cap as our backspace in order to keep the number of caps minimal.