Author Topic: USB to USB keyboard converter  (Read 191263 times)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: USB to USB keyboard converter
« Reply #550 on: Mon, 16 December 2019, 00:50:06 »
Hmm, the device sends keys in report protocol, not boot protocol.
It declares that it supports boot protocol in the descriptors but the converter seems to fail to request it for some reason. To look into or debug USB communication like this requires real device on site, it is difficult to know what happens between the keyboard and the converter only with the debug prints unfortunately.

The '01' first byte of the report indicates Report ID(1) but the converter recognizes it as modifier status(Left Control) incorrectly. If you connect the device only to the converter you can remap Left Control key as 'NO' to ignore the first byte, perhaps.

Also, when you have time could you try attached firmware and post debug prints? This will display a bit more detailed infos.
* usb_usb_debug.hex

EDIT: Updated firmware. Use this one below.
* usb_usb_debug.hex

Hi hasu,

For this https://smile.amazon.com/iKKEGOL-Control-Customized-Keyboard-Multimedia/dp/B07553KW32/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 footpedal, when I connect it to the converter and check hid listen it always has ctrl pressed

Although there are options to bind a key with a modifier, without a modifier it will always have left ctrl depressed on startup and I cannot press left ctrl.

« Last Edit: Mon, 16 December 2019, 08:04:14 by hasu »
TMK products:HHKB Alt  ⌨ConvertersAlps64FC660C AltFC980C Alt

Offline Harima

« Reply #551 on: Tue, 17 December 2019, 21:05:58 »
Sorry I'm late, I tried that firmware but I get

Code: [Select]
Waiting for device:.........
so I tried making one myself but I think I'm doing something wrong.

"NO" to left control is a temporary solution but then I lose left control haha
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 December 2019, 21:09:36 by Harima »

Offline D.L.

« Reply #552 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 15:50:31 »
Just got one of these converters from 1-Up; it does not appear to work with the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum keyboard. I've tried it on three separate computers (two Win 10 PCs and one Mac) and in no case does the keyboard go through it's boot sequence where the backlights flash on. The converter definitely works, I'm using it right now with another keyboard.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #553 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 17:04:19 »
Thanks for you report. I updated the incompatibility list in first post.
Btw, what's your 'another keyboard'?

Just got one of these converters from 1-Up; it does not appear to work with the Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum keyboard. I've tried it on three separate computers (two Win 10 PCs and one Mac) and in no case does the keyboard go through it's boot sequence where the backlights flash on. The converter definitely works, I'm using it right now with another keyboard.

Offline D.L.

« Reply #554 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 18:29:54 »
Thanks for you report. I updated the incompatibility list in first post.
Btw, what's your 'another keyboard'?

Matias Quiet Pro for Mac:
https://matias.ca/quietpro/mac/

I'm not sure I've configured it correctly, it has a native Mac layout and my brain was going through contortions to figure out which keys should be remapped to do what I want it to do, but I have the bare minimum function I wanted up and running (Caps Lock to CTRL; no admin access on my work computer).

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #555 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 19:56:27 »
Updated keyboard lists in the first post.

MK Fission is added to 'Incompatible Keyboards',
Logitech K120 and HHKB Professional Classic(PD-KB401W) are added to 'Compatible Keyboards'.

Offline thr0wy

« Reply #556 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 20:18:16 »
I made the pro micro + usb host shield version and flashed with qmk. Works perfectly on GK64, GH60, Kbpardise v60 and Vortex pok3r.
Thank you for this handy little tool.  :thumb: