Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 364170 times)

Offline intelli78

Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler [1024 sold; 9 hours to go 0_0)
« Reply #800 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:04:10 »
but i dont think we should try and claim that somehow this saved us all money

Simply put, we should, because it did. That's pure fact, not spin. See my earlier reply.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #801 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:04:15 »
im sure you think ive been threadcrapping, i really havent, but i have to say, this quote is really odd, the buy would be cheaper, not more expensive if it was run as a groupbuy and not a massdrop, as a gb 1 entity would be making money not 3

It's not odd at all. Massdrop was able to achieve a significant discount over what I could have gotten, due to their negotiating power and ability to promise sales in volume. Even though they're taking a cut, it's still cheaper for everyone in the end.

As for me, I'll receive $1-2 per set which doesn't even pay for all my OOP expenses, not to mention time.

Although, I'll to openly admit that I want my blog to be financially successful. That's what blogs do, and it's the only way I'll be able to keep up with it long term. There's nothing wrong with that, and I don't like it when people have to apologize on GH for making money in exchange for something valuable. It's not an evil thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not Ayn-Rand-status and I'm all for reselling @ original price in classifieds, those are great things about the keyboard community. But the whole hobby is a materialistic one based on BUYING BUYING BUYING, there's no charity involved, so imo the entire anti-profit attitude is a bit naive and disingenuous.

Just some honest talk. Nothing personal against anyone here.  :thumb:

if you quoted all my text, and not just the first line, i clearly state i have no problem with you or massdrop making money
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:06:53 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #802 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:08:28 »
The scam is if this was a community buy the community would benefit but now it's about business and making $$$$$$$$$.

Nah, not really. If it were a community buy, the price would have been significantly higher and it would have taken far longer to ship. This was a win-win.

im sure you think ive been threadcrapping, i really havent, but i have to say, this quote is really odd, the buy would be cheaper, not more expensive if it was run as a groupbuy and not a massdrop, as a gb 1 entity would be making money not 3

to clarify, i have no issue at all with them making money, or them paying you, if you didnt want to run this or felt you couldnt, that is totally fine and your decision to make, but i dont think we should try and claim that somehow this saved us all money
Well what would have been cheaper if he ran the buy himself?

what would have been cheaper?

the keyset we are all buying

i dont wanna keep going in to it, but gmk charge a price, if it was a gb, that would be the price we pay

by running it through massdrop, gmk charge their price, then massdrop add a percentage on to that, then they also add on an additional fee for the person who brings it to them, in this case, intelli, now as far as i know, this hasnt been commented on, and perhaps in this case it didnt happen, and intelli turned down payment from massdrop in order to make the set cheaper, that would be up to him to disclose

but the set would be cheaper if it was a gb, because either we wouldnt be paying both intelli and massdrops fee, or just massdrops fee
well, yes Massdrop's fees might make it cost slightly more, but the shear volume of orders seems to be lowering that price a good deal considering this is cheaper than a similar set like Hyperfuse

nice little dig

apart from its not that similar is it

hyperfuse sold half as much, and has significantly more keys
not really a dig, it just happened to be a recent buy that was characteristically similar (gmk, nearly the same amount of extras). The main difference is that one was, for the most part, confined to enthusiasts from this site, while Massdrop's sold more because it was able to reach a wider audience
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline intelli78

« Reply #803 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:08:51 »
Bunny, you edited your post while I was replying. I did not mean to take your statement out of context.

I understand where you're coming from about Massdrop, and it makes sense, but you have to account for what I mentioned earlier: Massdrop's negotiating power and ability to promise sales. I don't have that. They do, and as a result, it really DOES save everyone money. I'm not being disingenuous by saying that. This was an example of a win-win business transaction; how business is SUPPOSED to work, good for everyone, not crony capitalism  :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #804 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:09:48 »
but i dont think we should try and claim that somehow this saved us all money

Simply put, we should, because it did. That's pure fact, not spin. See my earlier reply.

you are talking to me like i havent dealt with gmk and massdrop, and dont know the score sir, im gonna send you a pm as i dont wanna derail the thread any further

i dont wanna get baited in to saying silly things,, im really happy this was successful for you, i know the business behind it and understand more than many people here why you had to make decisions that you did etc and i dont wanna come off as if im trying to cause issues because im not

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #805 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:16:14 »
There is no mother Theresa at GH; because, GH is not a philanthropic site, nor mechanical keyboards are a free hobby. Those preoccupied for someone getting some money in exchange of a service or product; could go and buy a rubber dome keyboard for ten bucks, and forget about us materialistic people, willing to spend hard earned money in unnecessarily expensive keyboards.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #806 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:18:37 »
you are talking to me like i havent dealt with gmk and massdrop, and dont know the score sir, im gonna send you a pm as i dont wanna derail the thread any further

I'm being completely candid here. Maybe you get some kind of discount I don't, but it would not have been cheaper for me to do it; that's a fact. I'm not making this up, and I don't have a score to settle and I did not mean to belittle you in any way. Peace and love, brother.  :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #807 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:24:24 »

I'm being completely candid here. Maybe you get some kind of discount I don't, but it would not have been cheaper for me to do it; that's a fact. I'm not making this up, and I don't have a score to settle and I did not mean to belittle you in any way. Peace and love, brother.  :thumb:

its all good man, i sent you a pm anyway, i dont wanna clutter the thread, nor deal with a bunch of people joining in a conversation that they are only speculating about

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #808 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 17:25:49 »

The scam is if this was a community buy the community would benefit but now it's about business and making $$$$$$$$$.

I don't get this mentality. Every single buy is about convincing some vendor that our little pet project is worth their time and attention. Money is the only thing that convinces them of that. Otherwise MOQ for every buy would be 1 set.

i have literally 0 idea what you are trying to say here

if by vendor you mean manufacturer, then its not our job to convince them what we do is worth their time, its their job to convince us their product is worth our money

if by vendor you mean reseller, very few buys sell sets to vendors

Vendor meaning GMK in this case. GMK is sitting pretty whether it not they get our business. The GB is about convincing GMK that it's worth stopping a large production job and retooling to make a handful of sets for us. So it doesn't make sense to bash Massdrop or anyone else for being in this to make money. This whole thing is about money. That's all I was getting at.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #809 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 19:41:36 »
By the way, I'm Mother Theresa, in case you didn't know.

In all seriousness, I'm just so thankful for Intelli (and Bunny) for doing all the hard work and making all the hard decisions and dealing with the complaining and such.

I do not have the patience or constitution for such things, which is why I'm happy to pay my hard earned and precious spending money to get caps like this and support a community effort.

So yeah, Massdrop made some money but that's okay. I believe Intelli when he says we couldn't have gotten this price on our own.

I love all of you guys (well most I guess ) and I'm just so happy that a set that came out of our little corner of the web is so successful!  In fact, I'm flat-out flabbergasted at how many sets have been sold in the last few weeks when you think of this plus Hyperfuse. Just crazy when a few years ago we were trying to meet MOQ's of 25 or 30 in R3. Amazing.

So let's all toast to Intelli and all the others who make things happen for the rest of us. :cheers:
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #810 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 20:11:41 »
Show Image

In all seriousness, I'm just so thankful for Intelli (and Bunny) for doing all the hard work and making all the hard decisions and dealing with the complaining and such.

I do not have the patience or constitution for such things, which is why I'm happy to pay my hard earned and precious spending money to get caps like this and support a community effort.

So yeah, Massdrop made some money but that's okay. I believe Intelli when he says we couldn't have gotten this price on our own.

I love all of you guys (well most I guess
Show Image
) and I'm just so happy that a set that came out of our little corner of the web is so successful!  In fact, I'm flat-out flabbergasted at how many sets have been sold in the last few weeks when you think of this plus Hyperfuse. Just crazy when a few years ago we were trying to meet MOQ's of 25 or 30 in R3. Amazing.

So let's all toast to Intelli and all the others who make things happen for the rest of us. :cheers:

I am very sorry for ignoring you Mother.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #811 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 20:13:19 »
Plays Danzig

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
[GB] GMK Triumph Adler [1024 sold; 9 hours to go 0_0)
« Reply #812 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 20:21:34 »

I love all of you guys (well most I guess ) and I'm just so happy that a set that came out of our little corner of the web is so successful!  In fact, I'm flat-out flabbergasted at how many sets have been sold in the last few weeks when you think of this plus Hyperfuse. Just crazy when a few years ago we were trying to meet MOQ's of 25 or 30 in R3. Amazing.

Hear! Hear!

Couldn't have said it better myself..

If it weren't for GMK OG Beige that's coming up, I would have bought myself a second set of Hyperfuse/TA to support intelli/Bunny.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #813 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 20:26:43 »
Plays Danzig

I want your tri-color skuuuuuuull!
I need your tri-color skuuuuuuull!

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #814 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 20:58:41 »
I joined your stupid group buy. It's my birthday present to myself.

If you make that crazy custom board, I'll probably sell most of my collection and call it a day with keyboards.

Nah, I could never leave GH. It's the best I've ever seen it in the (almost) 3 years I've been here.

Keep being wonderful, Intelli. GH would suffer greatly without you around.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline intelli78

« Reply #815 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 21:06:01 »
Wow, that means a lot. Thank you!

Offline U47

« Reply #816 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 21:34:22 »
I wish German caps were an option with this.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #817 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 21:34:37 »
i've been lusting after these caps since i first laid eyes on them shortly after becoming active here: http://i.imgur.com/Hvei5kG.png. i never thought i'd have the chance to own them, much less in just a year after that initial post. intelli's efforts towards this project have been admirable, and it exemplifies what one can achieve with the right amount of passion and dedication. you get two thumbs up from me  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #818 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 22:05:37 »
intelli's efforts towards this project have been admirable, and it exemplifies what one can achieve with the right amount of passion and dedication. you get two thumbs up from me  :thumb: :thumb:

So true, intelli's consuming addiction to this colour-way has paved the way for a lot of people to finally acquire it, so kudos to intelli78 for maintaining his faith and sticking to his guns when setting out on this venture.

I know you got flamed by a couple of retards early on BUT they have disappeared from this section, because they saw how righteous this Group Buy has become and the many whom believed in it from the get go  :thumb: .

Offline SK9Wolf7

« Reply #819 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 00:08:00 »
I was in first 500 to buy this and im so excited, just need to save some money for nice korean board. My wallet is killin me. Any recommendation? I hope ill have something nice for end of this year.

Offline Danboard

« Reply #820 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 00:14:06 »
Still need to find a board for this, Hyperfuse, and Ivan's round 2 and 3... You're killing me intelli78

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #821 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 00:30:56 »
I was in first 500 to buy this and im so excited, just need to save some money for nice korean board. My wallet is killin me. Any recommendation? I hope ill have something nice for end of this year.

Check out http://www.gonskeyboardworks.com/
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #822 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:17:32 »
GON boards are nice, as well as 22kbd: http://22kbd.com/

Orion V2 TKL buy is supposed to happen sometime very soon: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69190.0

Hubble Mira TKL is what I'm waiting for but the buy date is sometime this summer TBD: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70149.0

Edit: Corrected links
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 April 2015, 13:27:39 by Heliosphere »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #823 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:18:48 »
Drop is complete.

Final order count:

:thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #824 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:26:04 »
Drop is complete.

Final order count:

:thumb:

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #825 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:26:22 »
Most successful GB ever
CONGRATZ!!!
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #826 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:32:49 »
wow, this is huge

next: Toxic GMK! Make it happen!
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #827 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:39:52 »
wow, this is huge

Penumbra before Toxic :D
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #828 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:46:38 »
wow, this is huge

I'd like to see a set with grey, or the same color alphas that this TA set used, and purple mods.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #829 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 02:50:36 »
wow, this is huge

I'd like to see a set with grey, or the same color alphas that this TA set used, and purple mods.

I think we just need to re-run the purple mod, no need for the whole set  though
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #830 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 03:22:27 »
I joined your stupid group buy. It's my birthday present to myself.

If you make that crazy custom board, I'll probably sell most of my collection and call it a day with keyboards.

Nah, I could never leave GH. It's the best I've ever seen it in the (almost) 3 years I've been here.

Keep being wonderful, Intelli. GH would suffer greatly without you around.

Uh records show you joined 30-06-2013, 19:08:09, which is almost 2 years by my calculation :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #831 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 03:43:55 »
Uh records show you joined 30-06-2013, 19:08:09, which is almost 2 years by my calculation :p

Incorrect Sir, we are dealing in GEEKHACK Years which is like sitting on the far edge of an event horizon, meaning 2 years here on Geekhack is like 20 years elsewhere  8) .

In fact he's a very old man in real life.......

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #832 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 04:37:01 »

This really needs to happen. If someone else doesn't organise it in the next couple of months I'll make some enquiries with GMK and Massdrop.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #833 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 04:40:30 »

This really needs to happen. If someone else doesn't organise it in the next couple of months I'll make some enquiries with GMK and Massdrop.

Unfortunately you won't get the custom logo's/images on any keys, hence it will be another Black and Green key-set, certainly nothing like the Original Toxic Key-set.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #834 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 04:42:30 »

Unfortunately you won't get the custom logo's/images on any keys, hence it will be another Black and Green key-set, certainly nothing like the Original Toxic Key-set.

Good point Elrick, but don't try to make us believe you wouldn't order 3+ sets of GMK Toxic anyway :p

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #835 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 04:42:39 »

I'm not fussed about custom keys, I just want to see if we can get the custom color to meet MOQ.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #836 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 04:47:09 »
Good point Elrick, but don't try to make us believe you wouldn't order 3+ sets of GMK Toxic anyway :p

YES, I'm a certified GMK-hoe, addicted to any coloured key-set that comes from their molds......  :'( .

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #837 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 04:55:14 »
YES, I'm a certified GMK-hoe :'( .

There is no shame in liking German craftsmanship   :thumb:

Offline morpheus

« Reply #838 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 10:29:51 »
Wow...speechless....

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
    • Graphic Design Portfolio
« Reply #839 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 13:25:05 »

Orion V2 TKL buy is supposed to happen sometime very soon: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69190.0

Hubble Mira TKL is what I'm waiting for but the buy date is sometime this summer TBD: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69190.0

Both of your second links are to the Orion V2 page.

Compact-SQ |          VE.A
 65g Zealios    |      78g Zealios

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #840 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 13:27:53 »

Hubble Mira TKL is what I'm waiting for but the buy date is sometime this summer TBD: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69190.0

Woops, thanks for catching that.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #841 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 14:47:09 »

GON is a more mature endeavor though.

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #842 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 14:50:15 »

What's everyone's opinion on winkeyless.kr I've seen a few boards from there in the Post your Korean Keyboard thread but never heard anything else about them.

Offline Den441

« Reply #843 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 15:38:25 »

What's everyone's opinion on winkeyless.kr I've seen a few boards from there in the Post your Korean Keyboard thread but never heard anything else about them.

They are known for their RGB backlighting which can be seen in this video:
I think they can make a full-size version which would be perfect for these caps. I'm not sure how ordering works with them though....you might try contacting them directly. I just can't see myself using these beautiful caps on a TKL or 60% and putting the numpad keys away in some dark drawer never to be used. A separate numpad might do the trick though. I still haven't decided how I will utilize these.
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline motherbrain

« Reply #844 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 16:34:34 »
1000+ purchases! wow! congratulations intelli and everyone else who worked to make this happen!  can't wait to see the 'i missed out anyone want to sell their TA?' posts.  which i admit i myself have posted..... 

anyone have a spare nuclear data green set laying around?  lol 
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 April 2015, 16:36:35 by motherbrain »

KBT Vortex One MX Green // IBM Model M // Dell AT101W

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #845 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 19:42:53 »

His firmware is almost BULLET-Proof so you could design the layout in any way you like.

Plus he has been doing this a very long time hence his quality is above reproach when it comes to building and supplying keyboard parts to his designs.

YES I'm a certified GON-ho when it comes to any of his keyboards  8) 8) 8) 8) .

Offline shoostep

« Reply #846 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 20:02:50 »
I'm new to GeekHack, but I've been stalking this set for a while and jumped on the drop as soon as it went live.  Just wanted to say thank you for the hard work and that I am very excited :) ;D

Offline daviswalkers

• HHKB Amature 2
« Reply #847 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 20:11:21 »

His firmware is almost BULLET-Proof so you could design the layout in any way you like.

Plus he has been doing this a very long time hence his quality is above reproach when it comes to building and supplying keyboard parts to his designs.

YES I'm a certified GON-ho when it comes to any of his keyboards  8) 8) 8) 8) .

is there anywhere someone can see pictures of your collection? I swear you take part in every single group buy I'd be interested in seeing your beautiful collection.

Offline shawn o

« Reply #848 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 22:01:09 »
Wish I could have participated, profile just wouldn't work for my keyboards. Hopefully someone does it again in the future slightly modified or with additional keys.

No Compromise, no regrets.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #849 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 00:59:36 »
Wasn't shipping supposed to be under $10 for these?  I just checked Paypal and it's almost $16.  Did I misread it/remember incorrectly or did I get overcharged?