Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1364949 times)

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
Re: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2650 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 17:27:12 »
Hopefully I get mine somewhat soon, I think I was in one of the first shipments. This lube and silencing rings are waiting for these things.  :)

I know that feel... I couldn't wait so I just finished drilling some holes into the plate to make things faster next time I open her up! :thumb:

Offline SwoodGrommet

« Reply #2651 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 17:28:05 »
I've recently received the sliders and I'm sorry to say but I'm a bit disappointed..
Here's what the result looks like
164990-0
My plan was to mod it with SA Retro but besides the obvious need for drilling, the major problem was the wobble. When a key is released, the cap wobbles like it's attached to a tip of a dildo so I had to go with short profile blanks.

Most importantly, though, is that I had to discard about 20 sliders from my initial installation because the injection mark that's positioned on the cylindrical part of the slider would catch and jam the key halfway.
164992-1

Here's a demo of the jamming and the loud sound it makes:

After sorting all of the sliders I was able to find the smooth ones but that left about half of all the sliders as rejected  :(
And as an additional sad note, the spacebar I got didn't catch the stabilizer pegs no matter how hard I pressed. This meant that the spacebar would tilt every time it was pressed off-center so I had to go back to the one I got off massdrop a while ago.

In the end I had to hypersphere the good sliders to not be as loud (wobble adds to the volume of the upstroke). The result on the photo is a smooth and working HHKB but I'm just sad that half of the sliders have to be dumped and the limitations the wobble imposes on the choice of caps.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2652 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 17:30:33 »
I've recently received the sliders and I'm sorry to say but I'm a bit disappointed..
(Attachment Link)
My plan was to mod it with SA Retro but besides the obvious need for drilling, the major problem was the wobble. When a key is released, the cap wobbles like it's attached to a tip of a dildo so I had to go with short profile blanks.

Most importantly, though, is that I had to discard about 20 sliders from my initial installation because the injection mark that's positioned on the cylindrical part of the slider would catch and jam the key halfway.
(Attachment Link)

After sorting all of the sliders I was able to find the smooth ones but that left about half of all the sliders as rejected  :(
And as an additional sad note, the spacebar I got didn't catch the stabilizer pegs no matter how hard I pressed. This meant that the spacebar would tilt every time it was pressed off-center so I had to go back to the one I got off massdrop a while ago.

In the end I had to hypersphere the good sliders to not be as loud (wobble adds to the volume of the upstroke). The result on the photo is a smooth and working HHKB but I'm just sad that half of the sliders have to be dumped and the limitations the wobble imposes on the choice of caps.

Sorry you had those issues sir, that has certainly not matched the feedback I've received from other users nor does it match my experience

Please pm me your address so I can send you another set, free of charge of course in hopes that somehow it resolves some of these issues for you, at the very least if you experience the same thing you should have 2 good halves to make up a complete set, and ill throw in a few spacebars to make sure you have a working one

edit - heading to bed now so sorry if you message me and dont get a reply right away, ill respond when i get up tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 April 2017, 18:07:01 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline venyv

« Reply #2653 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 19:12:19 »
Anyone on the east coast get their sliders yet? I am in FL and have not gotten them yet? I think I was on his first drop off.

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #2654 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 19:57:35 »
Anyone on the east coast get their sliders yet? I am in FL and have not gotten them yet? I think I was on his first drop off.
Georgia here. I got them today.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2655 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 20:39:18 »

I'm in Florida too and I haven't received mine yet either, should be any day now.

It's slightly nice to hear other people haven't got their sliders yet in Florida.

Offline venyv

« Reply #2656 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 21:03:59 »

Well Damn, maybe mine will come tomorrow.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #2657 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 21:17:41 »

I'm in Florida too and I haven't received mine yet either, should be any day now.
It's slightly nice to hear other people haven't got their sliders yet in Florida.

Just got mine earlier today.
Thanks Bunny  :)

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2658 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 21:19:16 »

Show Image

Holding my breath for tomorrow, I've been itching to take apart my HHKB.  :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2659 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:22:42 »

Show Image

No problem sir, glad I remember the inserts for you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2660 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:23:00 »

Great news thanks for sharing sir

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2661 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:23:44 »

Show Image

Curious, what are the inserts for?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2662 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:24:08 »

Show Image

Costar stabs

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2663 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:25:10 »

Show Image

Costar stabs

Ah, should of known that, I thought they were something specific to the sliders.  :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2664 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 01:26:27 »

Show Image

Costar stabs

Ah, should of known that, I thought they were something specific to the sliders.  :)

Nah nothing to do with sliders at all but they are free for anyone for cost of shipping, so a few people elected to have them included with slider orders

Offline shekki

« Reply #2665 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 03:14:10 »
Hey Bunny, I sent you a pm with a certain inquiry. Please take a look when you have time, I'm one of the 11 slider packages that haven't been shipped yet.

Offline squeakypizza

« Reply #2666 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 07:01:44 »
ok so i believe i have 12 slider orders left to ship

other than the 12 listed below, if you are expecting a slider order you should either be on the public sheet, or should have received an email from me stating your order has shipped some point this week

here are the 12 names i have still to ship and these are packed and will go out friday

Josh K*****n
Brian N****n
Z*** H**z
Brian A****n
E**** C****l
Christian D******a
H***** P**k
J***** Y*
Steven B**
Andrew C****
M*****l S******k Jr

the 12th order is someone i spoke to in the last day or 2 via pm who still needed to fill out the form and i havent checked it yet but will do before shipping

if you are not on the public sheet, havent been emailed, and your name isnt above, and you have a slider order, please contact me immediately, however before you do, please make absolutely sure you have thoroughly checked the public sheet, as the last 5 or so people who messaged me saying they werent on that sheet, were

thanks

I can't wait.  I'm also really looking forward to the slider guide.  Thanks, Bunny!

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2667 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 07:02:59 »
I'd definitely be interested in spacebars too!

Offline yomammary

« Reply #2668 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 07:39:27 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Sorry you had those issues sir, that has certainly not matched the feedback I've received from other users nor does it match my experience

Please pm me your address so I can send you another set, free of charge of course in hopes that somehow it resolves some of these issues for you, at the very least if you experience the same thing you should have 2 good halves to make up a complete set, and ill throw in a few spacebars to make sure you have a working one

edit - heading to bed now so sorry if you message me and dont get a reply right away, ill respond when i get up tomorrow

I personally only had problems with 3 sliders out of the whole lot.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline monksoffunk

• 25keys
« Reply #2669 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 11:07:57 »
Hey Bunny,
Any update for JTK Black on Orange mod caps?
Did you complete 100% ship?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2670 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 11:10:19 »
Hey Bunny,

I did an update a few posts back but in short no they are still shipping on some cases, those cases were listed in the update post, I'm on tapatalk on my phone right now and I'm too stupid to work out going back and quoting things now I'm in a reply but the update was some time yesterday

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2671 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:01:04 »
Still waiting in CA  :'(

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2672 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:01:48 »

Just to make sure no miscommunications, are you on the shipping list good sir, I can't remember your real name off the top of my head to check

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2673 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:07:57 »

Just to make sure no miscommunications, are you on the shipping list good sir, I can't remember your real name off the top of my head to check

Yup hashbaz's shows shipped, I checked. :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2674 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:09:07 »

Yup hashbaz's shows shipped, I checked. :D

Perfect thanks, I'm shipping first thing in the morning so wanted to make sure he was sorted so I could sort it tonight if he wasn't

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2675 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:34:51 »
Perfect thanks, I'm shipping first thing in the morning so wanted to make sure he she was sorted so I could sort it tonight if he she wasn't

Thanks Bunny. I'm not a sir or a he though.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:36:42 by hashbaz »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2676 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:35:56 »
Perfect thanks, I'm shipping first thing in the morning so wanted to make sure he was sorted so I could sort it tonight if he wasn't

Sorry force of habit

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2677 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:37:17 »

Sorry force of habit

Well break it please. I've mentioned it to you 4 or 5 times now.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2678 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:39:00 »

Sorry force of habit

Well break it please. I've mentioned it to you 4 or 5 times now.

It's not a habit aimed at you and to offend you is not my intent

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2679 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 12:59:09 »
ive just found 2 people who have filled out the form again in the last week after their order has shipped and it looks like a duplicate entry, but to make sure im not making assumptions i have sent a pm to one of you whose screenname i knew and sent an email to the other, if you can please get back to me within the next 2 hours so that if indeed it isnt a duplicate but is a separate order i can get it shipped for you tomorrow

i will post an updated shipping list of tomorrows orders shortly

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2680 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 13:13:00 »
B***n N****n
Z**h H**z - duplicate order to remove
B***n A****n
E***h Ch***l
C*******n D******a
H****m P**k
J****n Y*
Steven B** - possible duplicate awaiting confirmation
A****w C***a
M****il S******* Jr
Paul B****r
Colin M****e
Steve S***h
M*****l E***a
W*****m B*****r
SwoodGrommet - replacement
pemdas

these orders are all packed and will be dropped off tomorrow

i havent checked the list since a few hours ago so i will double check it for new entries shortly so if you filled it out in the alst few hours that is why you arent on the list

everyone other than the names above should have shipped, you should either be on the public sheet and or received an email from me this week

if you are not on the sheet, havent received and email, and are not on the list above, please contact me ASAP so that your order isnt delayed further (the only exception to this being if you filled out the form in the last few hours)

« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 13:24:22 by BunnyLake »

« Reply #2681 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 13:38:27 »
B***n N****n
B***n A****n
E***h Ch***l
C*******n D******a
H****m P**k
J****n Y*
A****w C***a
M****il S******* Jr
Paul B****r
Colin M****e
Steve S***h
M*****l E***a
W*****m B*****r
pemdas

i havent checked the list since a few hours ago so i will double check it for new entries shortly so if you filled it out in the alst few hours that is why you arent on the list

everyone other than the names above should have shipped, you should either be on the public sheet and or received an email from me this week

if you are not on the sheet, havent received and email, and are not on the list above, please contact me ASAP so that your order isnt delayed further (the only exception to this being if you filled out the form in the last few hours)

Can't wait to throw these on my Realforce. Thanks Bunny!

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #2682 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 14:14:30 »

Show Image

Just received sliders here in Florida!

Thanks Bunny!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2683 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 14:17:19 »

Show Image

Just received sliders here in Florida!

Thanks Bunny!

great news, thanks for posting

any issues just shoot me a pm

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #2684 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 17:16:15 »
Sliders, spacebars, and stab inserts arrived safe and sound.  Thanks Bunny!

Offline SJHL

« Reply #2685 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 20:40:02 »
Received my sliders and space bar. Thanks!

But.. I didnt get the incorrect sliders (I'm assuming that I got the corrected version?). This is after I filled out a form for it. Did anyone else get it?

Offline monksoffunk

• 25keys
« Reply #2686 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 21:12:42 »
Hey Bunny,

I did an update a few posts back but in short no they are still shipping on some cases, those cases were listed in the update post, I'm on tapatalk on my phone right now and I'm too stupid to work out going back and quoting things now I'm in a reply but the update was some time yesterday

Bunny,

I can't find your post that mentioned Black on Orange mod. Do you have Black on Orange mod on hand, now?

My order #214EEDC4 (payed on March 27th 2016)is
x01 Black on Orange Mods (JTK Sophomore)
    $32.00
x01 Orange & Black (JTK Sophomore) - w/ Extras
    $60.00

Sadly enough, I havn't received even one keycap yet...

I also opened support ticket #0FA02021 on Feb and you replyed 'jtk is sending me replacements for those sets tomorrow and they should arrive to me some time next week. as soon as they do ill get them turned around for you immediately ' on March 15, so I'm just waiting...

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2687 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 00:56:19 »
Hey Bunny,

Bunny,

I can't find your post that mentioned Black on Orange mod. Do you have Black on Orange mod on hand, now?

My order #214EEDC4 (payed on March 27th 2016)is
x01 Black on Orange Mods (JTK Sophomore)
    $32.00
x01 Orange & Black (JTK Sophomore) - w/ Extras
    $60.00

Sadly enough, I havn't received even one keycap yet...

I also opened support ticket #0FA02021 on Feb and you replyed 'jtk is sending me replacements for those sets tomorrow and they should arrive to me some time next week. as soon as they do ill get them turned around for you immediately ' on March 15, so I'm just waiting...

Yes sir I'm shipping things as fast as I possibly can and your ticket will be updated as soon as your package is shipped

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2688 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 01:08:18 »

But.. I didnt get the incorrect sliders (I'm assuming that I got the corrected version?). This is after I filled out a form for it. Did anyone else get it?

I did my best to include them for everyone I saw on both forms but you are the third I've missed, happy to send them out for cost of shipping to you but I'd suggest they aren't worth it

Offline jinhan108

« Reply #2689 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 04:18:03 »
Hi Bunny apologies I purchased sliders from you via PM but only managed to fill in the form just now.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2690 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 04:24:18 »
Hi Bunny apologies I purchased sliders from you via PM but only managed to fill in the form just now.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately ive just dropped off today's shipping so I'll have to get yours in my next drop off that will be no later than next Friday and no apologies needed at all

Offline SJHL

« Reply #2691 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 11:23:34 »

I did my best to include them for everyone I saw on both forms but you are the third I've missed, happy to send them out for cost of shipping to you but I'd suggest they aren't worth it

You're right. It's not worth it to only ship that. Wasn't sure if I messed up or not. No biggie, thanks for letting me know.

Offline odd

« Reply #2692 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 14:50:33 »
I'm still waiting for my keysets, can someone please reply to my support ticket it's been almost a month without any response.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2693 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:16:32 »
I'm still waiting for my keysets, can someone please reply to my support ticket it's been almost a month without any response.

Sure pm me the ticket number and I'll take a look right now although I'd imagine the update will be what is posted in this thread, but happy to take a look at your case specifically for you

« Last Edit: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:18:16 by BunnyLake »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2694 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:23:03 »
B***n N****n
B***n A****n
E***h Ch***l
C*******n D******a
H****m P**k
J****n Y*
A****w C***a
M****il S******* Jr
Paul B****r
Colin M****e
Steve S***h
M*****l E***a
W*****m B*****r
pemdas

2 people on this list did not provide me with complete enough addresses to ship for international orders, i will message these 2 people in the next hour, everyone elses shipped today

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #2695 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:27:03 »
Sliders came in the mail today! Started doing my install - so far so good. Not seeing any issues. Just to be safe i'm knocking down any bits of plastic from the mold sprue but not seeing anything that would actually interfere like SwoodGrommet's experience. Adding some lube for good measure but not silencing them. Also working on the template for drilling holes in the 2U 'boxes' so the cap posts can pass through.

Hope to finish this (very slow project) up next week.
-Dana

Offline Mahm

« Reply #2696 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:27:45 »
I did not recieve additional sliders either. Also only received one spacebar when I asked for a second, I figured if you had extras like you do you would have appeased people that wanted an extra one. Quite frustrating but atleast the good sliders are here safe and sound.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2697 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:29:28 »
Has anyone done an FC980C with these sliders?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2698 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:31:06 »
Sliders came in the mail today! Started doing my install - so far so good. Not seeing any issues. Just to be safe i'm knocking down any bits of plastic from the mold sprue but not seeing anything that would actually interfere like SwoodGrommet's experience. Adding some lube for good measure but not silencing them. Also working on the template for drilling holes in the 2U 'boxes' so the cap posts can pass through.

Hope to finish this (very slow project) up next week.
Show Image

thank you so much for sharing

looks great

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2699 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 15:33:17 »
I did not recieve additional sliders either. Also only received one spacebar when I asked for a second, I figured if you had extras like you do you would have appeased people that wanted an extra one. Quite frustrating but atleast the good sliders are here safe and sound.

we provided 1 free spacebar with every order, we didnt give an option to purchase a second one, however for people who would like to purchase more i will be giving people that opportunity to to do so now i know how many are left

im sorry if somehow you were given the impression you would get more spacebars upon request