Author Topic: [GB] Golbat 40% Keyboard with Kimera Core R1. UPDATED April 21st, please read  (Read 140014 times)

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
I also paid for tracking, and have received neither the items nor tracking info. Shipping was to PA so one would imagine I would get it at the same time as the Delaware folks.

Hopefully tracking or the package itself shows up today.

Do you go under a different username on reddit?

Parcels were batched mainly because of mixups in what orders arrived with what part to make sure people receive the right order. I apologise if your unit is taking longer to arrive because of my methods for shipping out and checking, it is my first group buy and have learned a lot (especially about what I need to fix for next time)!

« Last Edit: Wed, 29 June 2016, 14:48:08 by GL1TCH3D »

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
HHKB layout with lubed ergo clears and leftovers from Granite

Layout (Just in case you can't tell by the colors, Fn1 refers to the middle legends, and Fn2 refers to the bottom legends)

Thanks for the awesome gb Gl1tch!

Offline punkpc

I also paid for tracking, and have received neither the items nor tracking info. Shipping was to PA so one would imagine I would get it at the same time as the Delaware folks.

I am in same boat. I live in Indiana and I am still waiting on tracking. I kind of hoped that it would have been here before the holiday weekend, but not sure if it will or not now.

HHKB layout with lubed ergo clears and leftovers from Granite

Show Image

Show Image

Layout (Just in case you can't tell by the colors, Fn1 refers to the middle legends, and Fn2 refers to the bottom legends)
Show Image

Thanks for the awesome gb Gl1tch!

All of these builds look great. Thinking I should have grabbed a HHKB layout plate as well, so I could have tried it out.

Offline TheRPJesus

I'm in MD, paid for tracking as well and have not seen anything yet.   :-[

Offline cheddarbek

Received mine yesterday.

I'm kinda regretting not getting gold plates, but blue will still work out nicely.

That said, looking at the package, I'm feeling dumb. Included in the box were what looked like 10 or so surface mount resistors...did I miss something?
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline TheRPJesus

Think the resistors were optional in case you wanted to add LED's.

Offline GL1TCH3D

Oh right. I didn't actually check, I thought they were SMD LEDs at first but the surface mount pieces included are resistors.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive

Do you go under a different username on reddit?

Parcels were batched mainly because of mixups in what orders arrived with what part to make sure people receive the right order. I apologise if your unit is taking longer to arrive because of my methods for shipping out and checking, it is my first group buy and have learned a lot (especially about what I need to fix for next time)!

I'm alex_at_panc on reddit, so yea, somewhat different.

Would people be willing to post their KLE links to their layouts? I'd really like to try out what people find useful!

Offline thecolorblind1

I'm messing something up with the LEDs. All I'm trying to do is keep all the keys backlit. Does anyone know what the firmware configuration is for that?

Never mind, reading is hard, haha
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 July 2016, 07:25:07 by thecolorblind1 »

Offline tuba section

Hi, I just wanted to check that there are other East coast US people who haven't received their Golbats. I am in no rush to get it!, just noticed that some people had already gotten them and wanted to make sure I'm not the only one. Thanks!

Offline GL1TCH3D

Hi, I just wanted to check that there are other East coast US people who haven't received their Golbats. I am in no rush to get it!, just noticed that some people had already gotten them and wanted to make sure I'm not the only one. Thanks!

Boards didn't ship at the same time =(

Offline schlesi

Germany here, mine arrived around friday at customs.

Offline sithlord

Hi Guys,

So I got my board on Friday in Texas.

I'm having trouble getting my layout flashed to the board.

I've followed the instructions as best I could and I don't follow what "Step thirteen: Drag and drop the .eep firmware file that you created onto the batch file "reflash.bat"" actually means.

I am running Win 7 on my PC and I see a command window pop up when I run the batch file. Am I supposed to drag and drop the file there? It doesn't work.

The default layout is now messed up completely and my layout is nowhere to be seen.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Here is my layouts that I used to build on http://www.enjoyclick.org/tkg/#:
Matrix Mapping:
Code: [Select]
["1,1","1,2","1,3","1,4","1,5","1,6","1,7","1,8","1,9","1,10","1,11","1,12"],
[{w:1.25},"2,1","2,2","2,3","2,4","2,5","2,6","2,7","2,8","2,9","2,10",{w:1.75},"2,12"],
[{w:1.75},"3,1","3,3","3,4","3,5","3,6","3,7","3,8","3,9","3,10",{w:1.25},"3,11","3,12"],
[{w:1.25},"4,1","4,2",{w:1.25},"4,3",{w:2.25},"4,5",{w:2.75},"4,7",{w:1.25},"4,10","4,11",{w:1.25},"4,12"]

Layer 0:
["esc","q","w","e","r","t","y","u","i","o","p","backspace"],
[{w:1.25},"fn1","a","s","d","f","g","h","j","k","l",{w:1.75},"fn1"],
[{w:1.75},"lshift","z","x","c","v","b","n","m",">\n.",{w:1.25},"<\n,","rshift"],
[{w:1.25},"lctrl","lgui",{w:1.25},"fn2",{w:2.25},"return",{w:2.75},"space",{w:1.25},"fn2","menu",{w:1.25},"rctrl"]

Layer 1:
["tab","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","backspace"],
[{w:1.25},"fn1","pgup","home","no","no","no",":\n;","_\n-","+\n=","\"\n'",{w:1.75},"fn1"],
[{w:1.75},"lshift","pgdn","end","no","no","no","no","no","no",{w:1.25},"up","rshift"],
[{w:1.25},"lctrl","lalt",{w:1.25},"del",{w:2.25},"return",{w:2.75},"space",{w:1.25},"left","down",{w:1.25},"right"]

Layer 2:
["~\n`","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",")\n0","backspace"],
[{w:1.25},"find","copy","paste","no","no","no","no","no","no","fn6",{w:1.75},"fn3"],
[{w:1.75},"no","f1","f2","f3","f4","f5","f6","f7","f8",{w:1.25},"f9","f10"],
[{w:1.25},"ctrl","alt",{w:1.25},"fn2",{w:2.25},"return",{w:2.75},"space",{w:1.25},"fn2","fn4",{w:1.25},"fn5"]

fn3 to fn6 are for backlighting

Offline GL1TCH3D

Drag and drop the firmware file directly to the icon for the batch file.

Offline sithlord

Thanks Gl1tch3d,

That worked. I also got the problem with the row mapping and column mapping not correctly, but once those were resolved, I was able to flash my layout with no problems.

Thanks again.

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
Received mine on my birthday yesterday! Thanks Glitch3d, still gotta solder and program it

All the kustom 60s

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
Good evening GOLBAT GB team,
First off, happy early 4th to everyone. I was one of a few to have issues with my order and the last time I spoke you Gl1tch3d, he informed me that he was still waiting for 2 members' responses. Whoever those 2 individuals are, can you please respond so this can speed up the process of me getting my Golbat. Thanks and hope everyone is enjoying their Golbats!

Offline sithlord

Got my pictures of my Golbat in an album on Imgur.

http://imgur.com/a/J9PrF

It is a work in progress so I may end up adding more in the future.

Offline sinegav

• love keybaords
Wonder when mine will be arriving, seeing all these boards popping up everyday makes me impatient  :p

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline schlesi

A bit of advice: plate does not allow switch top removal entails plate does not allow switch top insertion.

Cheers,
the guy who has to desolder all switches.
luckily i didn't solder the leds...

Offline GL1TCH3D

Wonder when mine will be arriving, seeing all these boards popping up everyday makes me impatient  :p

Should be soon, you were one of the first Eu to be shipped out.

A bit of advice: plate does not allow switch top removal entails plate does not allow switch top insertion.

Cheers,
the guy who has to desolder all switches.
luckily i didn't solder the leds...

Oh so that's why you asked =(
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 July 2016, 11:04:23 by GL1TCH3D »

Offline sinegav

• love keybaords
Potato picture incoming  :D but finally got it hehe, thanks GL1TCH3D

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

Need a proper sized enter :\

Also have to unwarp the right spacebar.

Oh and hoping some white smd LEDs would reflect the gold flake acrylic, need some of those to test out.

Blacks lubed and stickered. Didn't have enough custom springs to replace stock so said screw it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 July 2016, 16:49:02 by Havlerson »

Offline sithlord

Show Image

Oh and hoping some white smd LEDs would reflect the gold flake acrylic, need some of those to test out.

Show Image

Blacks lubed and stickered. Didn't have enough custom springs to replace stock so said screw it.

It looks like you got the opposite of mine...Green plate with gold middle. I got gold plate with green middle.

http://imgur.com/sgMXDF0.jpg

It looks very nice. Love the Elvish keys too.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Show Image

Show Image

It looks like you got the opposite of mine...Green plate with gold middle. I got gold plate with green middle.

Hehe thanks! I'm digging your colors as well! What caps do you have planned for it?

Offline sithlord

Show Image

Show Image

Hehe thanks! I'm digging your colors as well! What caps do you have planned for it?

I only have Granite as an extra set so that's what I'm going with at the moment.

http://imgur.com/MjHbQUo.jpg

Offline punkpc

Mine came in, but I never got tracking, it just showed up. Not sure what happened there.

anyways, I will post pictures once I build it :P

Thanks again for doing this group buy!

Offline stoic-lemon

I humbly express my interest for a round 2.

Offline sithlord

So I don't understand why this is happening but I am unable to use TMK after I flashed the Golbat. :-[

I think installing the driver on step 12 overwrote the driver for the MiniVan so when I pressed the reset button, TMK was not recognizing it as a valid target... :eek:

C:\tmk_keyboard-master\keyboard\tv44>make KEYMAP=tv44_sithlord dfu
dfu-programmer atmega32u4 erase --force
dfu-programmer: no device present.
../../tmk_core/rules.mk:424: recipe for target 'dfu' failed
make: *** [dfu] Error 3

I'm having trouble finding the driver to install for atmega32u4.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Never mind, got the driver installed using libusb-win32-bin-1.2.6.0
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 July 2016, 20:23:36 by sithlord »

Offline punkpc

Ok have it built, but have not decided on keycaps yet. Here is what I have so far.

Offline GL1TCH3D

Unfortunately it seems that some of the drivers overlap with other boards =/

Offline JorisBoers

• ORANGE IS LOVE, ORANGE IS LIVE
Got my Golbat today :D

Unfortunately it rattled inside the box so I was already expecting some damage and what turned out was that two screws of the case came loos and went to scratch the case for a bit. which sucks but it isn't deal breaking. Although it could have been prevented with just a bit more packing material. Other than that the bottom plate has a cut mark on one of the sides which looks a bit off when examining closely which was a factory issue since the anodizing went right over it but other than that I am really liking the kit in weight and color :D

So for next time more packaging material wouldn't hurt or double check the screws. Other than that pretty smooth GB for me will probably join another GB of you if it is something I like :3

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/YcPaG
"I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - TenTenSeven

Offline cheddarbek

Got my Golbat today :D

Unfortunately it rattled inside the box so I was already expecting some damage and what turned out was that two screws of the case came loos and went to scratch the case for a bit. which sucks but it isn't deal breaking. Although it could have been prevented with just a bit more packing material. Other than that the bottom plate has a cut mark on one of the sides which looks a bit off when examining closely which was a factory issue since the anodizing went right over it but other than that I am really liking the kit in weight and color :D

So for next time more packaging material wouldn't hurt or double check the screws. Other than that pretty smooth GB for me will probably join another GB of you if it is something I like :3

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/YcPaG

Yeah, I had some scratching as well. Just one screw came loose for me. Fortunately, all the scratching was confined to the bottom plate - so I'm not too concerned, I don't look at the bottom anyway.
The Alps cover 65% of Switzerland's surface area (41,285 kmē), making it one of the most alpine countries. Despite the fact that Switzerland covers only 14% of the Alps total area (192,753 kmē),[2][3] many alpine four-thousanders (48 of 82) are located in the Swiss Alps and practically all of the remaining few are within 20 km of the country's border.

Offline GL1TCH3D

If someone gets a broken part it can be replaced in R2. Please take a few pictures.

Only 1 part was missing which is unfortunate at this point because they won't make a single part outside of a batch =/

Offline JorisBoers

Yeah, I had some scratching as well. Just one screw came loose for me. Fortunately, all the scratching was confined to the bottom plate - so I'm not too concerned, I don't look at the bottom anyway.

Yea it is just the bottom but just a shame that it happend. I don't look at the bottom very frequently as well but still :/ Oh well, those are a part of shipping so can't be mad about it
"I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - TenTenSeven

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
Hi guys.
Today was keyboard building day for me (I had two to build). The Golbat went together without any real problems.

Now I'm trying to flash it, but I'm having a few issues and wanted to see if someone could give me a hand.
My issue is that I was able to make my file and flash it. But everything is shifted to the side.
Let me see if I can explain: On the shift row starting from the left none of the keys work until you get to "C" and that gives you a "left shift", "V" gives me nothing, "B" is "Z", and so on.
It seems like I'm having about the same shift in keys with all rows.

Layer 0
["esc","Q","W","E","R","T","Y","U","I","O","P","bs"],
[{w:1.25},"tab","A","S","D","F","G","H","J","K","L",{w:1.75},"enter"],
[{w:1.75},"lshift","Z","X","C","V","B","N","M","<\n,",{w:1.25},"rshift","fn1"],
[{w:1.25},"lctrl","lgui",{w:1.25},"lalt",{w:2.25},"space",{w:2.75},"space",{w:1.25},">\n.","?\n/",{w:1.25},"fn2"]

Layer 1
["f1","f2","f3","f4","f5","f6","f7","f8","f9","f10","f11","f12"],
[{w:1.25},"caps","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",{w:1.75},")\n0"],
[{w:1.75},"up","~\n`",":\n;","\"\n'","{\n[","}\n]","|\n\\","_\n-","+\n=",{w:1.25},"rshift","fn1"],
[{w:1.25},"left","down",{w:1.25},"right",{w:2.25},"space",{w:2.75},"space",{w:1.25},"del","?\n/",{w:1.25},"fn2"]

Layer 2
["f1","f2","up","f4","f5","f6","f7","f8","f9","f10","f11","f12"],
[{w:1.25},"caps","left","down","right","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",{w:1.75},")\n0"],
[{w:1.75},"home","pgup",":\n;","\"\n'","{\n[","}\n]","|\n\\","_\n-","+\n=",{w:1.25},"rshift","fn1"],
[{w:1.25},"end","pgdn",{w:1.25},"right",{w:2.25},"space",{w:2.75},"space",{w:1.25},"del","?\n/",{w:1.25},"fn2"]

Let me know if I need to post more information to help me

Thanks

Hi guys.
Today was keyboard building day for me (I had two to build). The Golbat went together without any real problems.

Now I'm trying to flash it, but I'm having a few issues and wanted to see if someone could give me a hand.
My issue is that I was able to make my file and flash it. But everything is shifted to the side.
Let me see if I can explain: On the shift row starting from the left none of the keys work until you get to "C" and that gives you a "left shift", "V" gives me nothing, "B" is "Z", and so on.

Layer 0
[{w:1.25},"lctrl","lgui",{w:1.25},"lalt",{w:2.25},"space",{w:2.75},"space",{w:1.25},">\n.","?\n/",{w:1.25},"fn2"]

Layer 1
[{w:1.25},"caps","!\n1","@\n2","#\n3","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",{w:1.75},")\n0"],
[{w:1.75},"up","~\n`",":\n;","\"\n'","{\n[","}\n]","|\n\\","_\n-","+\n=",{w:1.25},"rshift","fn1"],
[{w:1.25},"left","down",{w:1.25},"right",{w:2.25},"space",{w:2.75},"space",{w:1.25},"del","?\n/",{w:1.25},"fn2"]

Layer 2
[{w:1.25},"caps","left","down","right","$\n4","%\n5","^\n6","&\n7","*\n8","(\n9",{w:1.75},")\n0"],
[{w:1.75},"home","pgup",":\n;","\"\n'","{\n[","}\n]","|\n\\","_\n-","+\n=",{w:1.25},"rshift","fn1"],
[{w:1.25},"end","pgdn",{w:1.25},"right",{w:2.25},"space",{w:2.75},"space",{w:1.25},"del","?\n/",{w:1.25},"fn2"]

Thanks

When you are using the key mapping generator click on the config button next to the drop down menu where you picked Kimera and change the rows to 1-4 and the columns to 5-16 and then it should work fine.

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
More
Hi guys.

Layer 0

Layer 1

Layer 2

Thanks

When you are using the key mapping generator click on the config button next to the drop down menu where you picked Kimera and change the rows to 1-4 and the columns to 5-16 and then it should work fine.

Wow that was a fast reply, thanks for the help!
I feel really dumb once I saw what you told me to do  :-[

Typed on my newly flashed Golbat 40%

More
Hi guys.

Layer 0

Layer 1

Layer 2

Thanks

Wow that was a fast reply, thanks for the help!
I feel really dumb once I saw what you told me to do  :-[

Typed on my newly flashed Golbat 40%

Glad I could help, I only knew how to do it because a few other people figured it out and talked about it earlier in the tread. Have fun with the new Golbat.

Offline sithlord

Here are my notes for if I need to do this again in the future.

Let me know if I missed something.

Instructions can be found on this thread
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78510.0

Step one: Go to http://www.enjoyclick.org/tkg/#. This is the site that will be building the main firmware for the board.
Step two: Choose the Kimera as the keyboard (not the two headed)
Step three: Click the config button and replace the text in the "matrix mapping" box with the following code http://pastebin.com/Bf2uQWHv
Step 3.1: Modify the Row mapping to be 1-4, and Column mapping to be 5-16.
Step four point one: Go to keyboard layout editor and setup your mapping http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/83b7eb12b3bccdf4c55d
Step four point two: When you're making your layouts, make each layout separately AND INCLUDE BOTH LEGENDS.
   For example, the "." key requires the "." and ">" in the mapping to work.
   See the help section on enjoyclick for all the symbols to use http://www.enjoyclick.org/tkg/#help
Step five: Paste the layouts for each layer into the corresponding boxes on enjoyclick
Step six: Choose your fn options.
   NOTE: fn covers a wide range of options including LEDs, not just changing layers.
Step seven: See the following for details on the LEDs http://pastebin.com/zSVN4f9j
Step eight: Download your firmware as a .eep file
Step nine: From the following toolkit, https://github.com/kairyu/tkg-toolkit, download the files in the windows tree.
Step ten point one: Run the batch file "setup.bat" from the toolkit.
   This only has to be done the first time you're flashing your board.
Step ten point two: The options tree is as such "12Kimera core>N>1.Default>1.ateml_dfu"
Step eleven: Click the reset button on the golbat PCB (it's on the back).
Step twelve: Run "zadig_2.1.2.exe" and Install the Driver (Not WCID).
   This only has to be done the first time you're flashing the golbat. (And may override drivers for other keyboards)
Step 12.1 :When you go to the "TOOL" folder and open "ZADIG_2.2" make sure your device is in boot mode (by pressing button first).
   Then under "options" click "List all devices" and select "ATm32UDFU" then you will be able to "INSTALL DRIVER"
Step thirteen: Drag and drop the .eep firmware file (Icons on the folder) that you created onto the batch file "reflash.bat"
Step fourteen: ???
Step fifteen: Profit

Offline Greatfirewall

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1c2zAPFy
Here is a instruction may help you to make the firmware.

Offline GL1TCH3D

http://imgur.com/a/vF6ca

Posted my golbat pics

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!

Posted my golbat pics

Great job Gl1tch3D, I love your Joker Golbat. Nice work, sir! BTW, did you install any LEDs?

Offline TheRPJesus

Still have not gotten mine.  Anyone else still waiting?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder

Yep  :'(

Offline GL1TCH3D

Posted my golbat pics

Great job Gl1tch3D, I love your Joker Golbat. Nice work, sir! BTW, did you install any LEDs?

Thanks! And yes, underside leds to give a glow but honestly the acrylic is a bit too opaque.

Yours was in a later batch so hopefully should get there this week. If you don't get anything in the next few days PM me and I'll send you the tracking and can investigate with Canada post if it's stuck.

Yep  :'(

:'(

Offline darkclone24

SkiBat!

RS84 67g Zealio Purple | Choc Mini MX Black | WASD V2 MX Clear | Golbat 78g Zealio Purple | Duck Octagon V2 MX Clear

Offline JorisBoers

SkiBat!

Show Image

Show Image

Now this is a sexy and well thought out board. Amazing board!

Not that other boards don't look good but this is my favorite so far :3

Offline surfmonkey

Seeing all these keyboards makes me eager to build!! Are they showing up to Southern California (Los Angeles) soon? Anyone get them here yet?