Author Topic: [GB]LUSTRO Aluminum + Acrylic Custom 60% Case [Packing]  (Read 203087 times)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
[GB]LUSTRO Aluminum + Acrylic Custom 60% Case [Packing]
« on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 16:15:29 »
So as the IC go well, why don't we just do a GB already.

For those of you who are not aware of the case yet, this is an acrylic housing for 60% board with aluminum stands at both ends, all parts CNC'd. The case takes a 7° slope in shapes.

Color options:
  • Black Silver Gold Blue Red is basic choice, no minimum quantity required.
  • Other colors need 5 orders each to made into production.
Finish options available for acrylic base: sandblasted or waterclear
May work on some color acrylic options, update later

PRICES:
  • Base kit (case only) $120
  • Standard kit (+ CF plate*) $150
  • Full kit (+ PCB, LEDs, parts) $180 + (parts costs)**
Also for someone may want to buy only CF plate:
  • CF plate $50
* The plate is made separately for ANSI and ISO users, you get to choose which one when purchasing, reason regarding why we do this <quote Weaven R2> Also the plate support split backspace, bottom row supports regular 6.25x spacebar, 6x spacebar (similar to HHKB, Realforce), and winkey 7x spacebar layouts.
** Further explain on the fully assembled kit: basically we charge $30 for the assembling service, all other parts including PCB (B.face from wkl.kr), LEDs, switches will be at orgininal cost.

Shipping will be handled mostly by proxy, North American orders will be done by Zeal (huge thanks), European ones will be done by our own, you'll get a secondary invoice for shipping when the order is ready to go.

ORDER FORM

Order deadline is 2 weeks, or when 30 orders is up  :thumb: Currently just keep in mind that deadline will be May 30th.

Order counts
  • Total: 53
Q&A

Update

June 11th:
please note that any further change to your order will only be able to do until tomorrow, starting from next week we'll fix the order, ie no changes allowed after Sunday (12th)

Moarrrrrr pictures

Payment and cancelling updates

All leftover stock for assembling are sold, as well as the case so no more leftover sell now.

For people who that  not paid and failed to reply my PM regarding the payment check and reminders, you're automatically out of the buy, your orders are all canceled and claimed by others.

Photos update
Photo of sandblasted base and lighting effects

Delay

Due to the problem of the acrylic supply source that have an issue in their consistency of acrylic thickness, the production is expected to delay for another 2 weeks at the most optimistic estimation. The problem explained:

Oh I have a horror story was about to tel everyone.

We are expecting some delay (about 1.5-2 more week compare to estimate 7-8weeks) due to acrylic blocks that I bought was not thick as spec said.

Our acrylic case thickness is 21.5mm from case bottom to a little bit higher than keycap bottoms. For that thickness, 25mm thick block would be sufficient, we think it will actually run from 24mm to 24.5mm. When they arrived, almost half of the blocks are only about 23 - 23.5mm, which is not good enough since we need to machine the surface for uniform thickness. After some unsuccessful to get the acrylic provider get them replace, we decide to order the replacement needed from someone else, with myself measure them with digital caliper before paying.

Surprisingly, most of them are close to 24mm or even 23.8. We can only measure the edge of the un-cut sheet so no way to know if they're all thick enough at areas far from the edge. After some calculations, we decide to go for 30mm thick acrylic so plenty of room for thickness error.

But that's come with a cost other than little higher material price. Most of them are true 30mm, not an block thinner than 29mm! I was expected them to be around 27 to 27.5mm (due to our experience with 25mm thick ones).
Now we have downtime due to halting for faulty ones, wait time for those new 30mm arrived, and 5mm more to shave down each block which is a lots since we run carefully so no chipping on acrylic - a hard but brittle material.

:(

We are sorry for the delay we know waiting sucks. We also doing our best to bring the case as soon as possible.

Progresses will be updated continually as usual.

Packing updates

As of now everything has come close, only problem is that I've already come back to Finland sooner than expected so foggy is alone handling over 150 cases both this and Weaven so it may takes more times than normal. While this is not a problem if you guys can give him a little bit of time it still worth noticing for the progress update. Besides everything is wrapped and we're looking forward to shipping in 1-2 weeks time.

Also a friendly reminder that you guys will be receiving secondary invoice for shipping costs when packing is done.  :)
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 June 2017, 19:07:17 by Photoelectric »
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: LUSTRO Aluminum + Acrylic Custom 60% Case
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 17:30:05 »
Man. First VE.A and now this so soon. May is gonna be totes expens.

Edit:
Also, any way we can get some "real life" pictures of it with keycaps? The shots above are superb, but "normal" pics would give me a better idea of what it'll look like on my desk.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 May 2016, 17:33:23 by romevi »

Offline biocalves

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 17:43:04 »

Edit:
Also, any way we can get some "real life" pictures of it with keycaps? The shots above are superb, but "normal" pics would give me a better idea of what it'll look like on my desk.  :thumb:

Is there anyone else who wants to do Orange?

Offline graefeln

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 18:06:05 »

I put in for purple, but if it doesn't make it, I would be interested in orange over the other choices given.

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 18:09:14 »
Questions:

1. Can I buy the base kit + B.face with controller and diodes pre-soldered? And how much would it be?
I want to solder switches myself because I haven't decided switch type yet. Plus I want to use a different plate. Basically, I don't want to buy B.face separately from winkeyless and pay another shipping fee.

2. Is it possible to use frost acrylic case instead of clear?
So the light could be diffused nicely.

3. Shipping fee to US?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 18:11:02 »
Questions:

1. Can I buy the base kit + B.face with controller and diodes pre-soldered? And how much would it be?
I want to solder switches myself because I haven't decided switch type yet. Plus I want to use a different plate. Basically, I don't want to buy B.face separately from winkeyless and pay another shipping fee.

3. Shipping fee to US?

Frosted is an option. It's included above as a sandblasted finish.

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 18:12:50 »
Questions:

3. Shipping fee to US?

Oh, I miss that part. Thanks! This is knida critical to any underglow keyboard ;)

Offline Potatoes

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 18:19:29 »
Oh man. I'm new to building boards so I got to read up, but this case makes me want to try.

Offline nickysan92

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 18:29:09 »

Edit:

I second this! Would love to see a normal, real-life picture of how it looks like with lighting effects and all.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 19:20:54 »
Just put in my order! I don't know if I put sandblasted or not but I definitely want that. I might be down to go with orange as well depending on how it looks!

Offline murkey

• murkey's alpaca farm
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 19:44:21 »
Wow. Sick looking case. Anyone else interested in cyan?

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:02:50 »
Kinda interested in cyan too but prefer teal or sky blue.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:04:27 »

Something that goes with Sky dolch maybe? That would actually be the color I would go with if offered.

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:13:08 »

Something that goes with Sky dolch maybe? That would actually be the color I would go with if offered.

We will settle down to a common ground when all the orders are collected I guess. Definitely blueish color, haha.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 20:43:17 »

We will settle down to a common ground when all the orders are collected I guess. Definitely blueish color, haha.

Sounds good  ;D

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 21:05:26 »
3. Shipping fee to US?

... you'll get a secondary invoice for shipping when the order is ready to go.

Given the placement of comas, I assume this goes for both US and Europe.

Offline teemo

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 21:10:13 »
Is the case compatible with other pcbs like GH60 and Pok3r? or will i have to get a b.face

Offline mrboovn

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 21:41:09 »

I put in for purple, but if it doesn't make it, I would be interested in orange over the other choices given.
I am with you in purple,and does anyone want pink?
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline murkey

• murkey's alpaca farm
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 22:01:13 »

I'm not picky on exactly which shade of blue-green, but I think we're on to something here!

Offline teemo

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 22:10:09 »
+1 for purple. So psyched for this case.

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 22:10:38 »
Is it possible to get all the parts without the assembly?

Offline bbrotha

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 22:21:35 »
+1 for Orange and Purple
Norbaforce 87U 45g  -- HHKB Type S Blanks-- Kira Keyboard -- M65-A -- Novatouch

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 16 May 2016, 22:24:37 »
Are the only options for the acrylic clear and frosted? I'd like to get "Smokey" color that is in the last picture.

More

Offline biocalves

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 00:01:49 »
+1 for Orange and Purple

Yeah Orange!

Offline brighenne

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 00:08:14 »
Is there any chance of other materials? I would be quite interested in brass stands as I prefer a heavier keyboard. While I love the design, I'm not sure I would like the weight (coming from an FMJ w/Brass inserts.)

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 02:58:26 »
Are the only options for the acrylic clear and frosted? I'd like to get "Smokey" color that is in the last picture.

More
Show Image

+1 on the Smokey! That case is exactly something I'd want to get if possible.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 03:02:40 »
Why must you run LUSTRO and Weaven R2 at the same time!? I can't afford both :-[
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 04:20:40 »

More
Show Image

We'll also working on these colored acrylic, the supply source is still not set yet but once it's confirmed I can add that option for any of  you manually :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 04:22:37 »

Just put in my order! I don't know if I put sandblasted or not but I definitely want that. I might be down to go with orange as well depending on how it looks!

Questions:

3. Shipping fee to US?

Oh, I miss that part. Thanks! This is knida critical to any underglow keyboard ;)

Some how I forgot to include the option in the order form, worry not I'm fixing it and add that to your order too :D

//also I'll look if I can get the B.face for you, if there're people choosing the full kit then I can include your PCB in when I order from winkeyless :thumb:
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 May 2016, 04:28:40 by bazh »
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Stabilized

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 04:59:34 »
Urgh, three sexy 60% cases all out at the same time... I only have enough money for one  :confused:

Would be really interested in getting an idea for EU shipping. I am in the UK, what kind of fee for shipping would it be?
Would also like to see a picture of some nice underglow lighting in one of these things too.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 06:02:01 »

Questions:

3. Shipping fee to US?

Some how I forgot to include the option in the order form, worry not I'm fixing it and add that to your order too :D

//also I'll look if I can get the B.face for you, if there're people choosing the full kit then I can include your PCB in when I order from winkeyless :thumb:

Can I get mine sandblasted as well please? Also, looking forward to seeing if you can manage some colored acrylic (that smokey looks awesome).

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 06:10:03 »
Why must you run LUSTRO and Weaven R2 at the same time!? I can't afford both :-[

I really wanted all three of the cases that was dropped today lol. So I dropped out of the jukebox group buy so I could afford Weaven and the other acrylic case as well as pay my invoice to lunaris. But hey, a lot of drops on the month of my birthday. So that's nice   :thumb: :)) :))
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: [GB]LUSTRO Aluminum + Acrylic Custom 60% Case
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 06:14:06 »

Questions:

3. Shipping fee to US?

Can I get mine sandblasted as well please? Also, looking forward to seeing if you can manage some colored acrylic (that smokey looks awesome).

Gotcha!  :thumb:
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline maximm

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 06:14:33 »
Will a KC60 fit the case? It is poker compatible

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 06:15:38 »
Urgh, three sexy 60% cases all out at the same time... I only have enough money for one  :confused:

Would be really interested in getting an idea for EU shipping. I am in the UK, what kind of fee for shipping would it be?
Would also like to see a picture of some nice underglow lighting in one of these things too.

The last Weaven group buy the UK order got me $30 for shipping, so expecting that would be applied for this too :D

Pictures comes in a couple of days too guys :P
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 06:17:45 »
Will a KC60 fit the case? It is poker compatible

If it can fit in a Poker case then yes!
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline maximm

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 06:21:50 »
What will shipping to Sweden be?

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 06:27:09 »
Do you guys offer the smoke acrylic housing this time? Can't find it on the form.

Offline obviouslygene

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 08:52:49 »
Sorry can I get mine sandblasted as well? I didn't not see the option in the form.

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 09:25:40 »
Please add "Sandblasted" as my acrylic finish option. Don't see that in the order sheet. Thanks.

Now we have 3 kits with blueish color. 2 more to go? If only we can see some samples...

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 09:28:33 »
Now we have 3 kits with blueish color. 2 more to go? If only we can see some samples...

If the smoke acrylic is not an option, I will likely go with a blue color.

Offline Prodigy46

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 09:34:39 »
Already placed my order for a barebones case with red accents but I would like to purchase a purple set also if it happens to come out with enough votes. Thanks for the awesome gb. Case looks amazing. Can't wait!

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 09:35:03 »

If the smoke acrylic is not an option, I will likely go with a blue color.
Nice. Let's pick some special blue, not those common ones on the market already

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 10:35:09 »
Could I have my case changed to frosted sandblasted option please?  :p

If we are still deciding on a blue color, my vote goes for one that would match sky dolch  :D

Offline redbanshee

• actually Dade Murphy
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 11:03:24 »
So you say that North America shipments will be handled by Zeal, does that mean hes going to try and use DHL overnight and charge us like $75 to ship from canada? Ive dealt with zeal in the past, and his shipping is handled pretty poorly (no options, overcharging, etc).

I want to get in on this but if Zeal is proxying, im expecting to see a $75 shipping invoice.

Offline joinhandmade

• * Maker
  • www.jellykey.com
    • Jellykey website
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 11:11:17 »
Very nice. Hopw your GB going well :)
Our website: https://www.jellykey.com
OurFacebook Page: https://www.fb.com/jellykey.joiha/
Our email: jelly.key@joiha.com

Offline Rarabka233

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 11:13:32 »
I just submitted my order form but I am not totally sure on the color yet.

Would I be able to change the color later on once we have the "other" options figured out?

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 11:15:42 »
I just submitted my order form but I am not totally sure on the color yet.

Would I be able to change the color later on once we have the "other" options figured out?
Just join our blue camp then :D

Offline graefeln

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 11:31:18 »
So you say that North America shipments will be handled by Zeal, does that mean hes going to try and use DHL overnight and charge us like $75 to ship from canada? Ive dealt with zeal in the past, and his shipping is handled pretty poorly (no options, overcharging, etc).

I want to get in on this but if Zeal is proxying, im expecting to see a $75 shipping invoice.

To offer a different perspective (in case this post deters anyone from ordering - especially if they were going to order purple), Zeal's name is part of the reason I decided to join this buy. He charges ~15$ from Canada to the US and I have never felt he has 'overcharged.'
I have been in three other group buys regarding Zeal (proxy for SPRiT, 1st round Zealio, and now, 3rd round Zealio) and he has delivered everytime - even with the SPRiT stuff that I think some people STILL haven't received... and he replaced a plate for me during that buy when I told him he didn't have to.

I am sorry that you seem to have had issues with him in the past.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 May 2016, 11:34:15 by graefeln »

Offline JDragon

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 11:32:13 »
In for 1 complete board!

That Gold + smoked acrylic combo looks... golden. I picked Gold but wouldn't mind Purple if it becomes available.