Author Topic: [IC]Revo & Dr.D Sandwich TKL keyboard  (Read 44093 times)

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
Re: [IC]Revo & Dr.D Sandwich TKL keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 04:39:30 »
Is it possible to buy without a PCB? And is the USB location the same as winkeyless.kr A87 and GON's TKL PCBs?
Sorry,you can't buy without a PCB. Dr.D change the design and make the cable in-separated.I'll show some design pictures later.
I'm ok buying without the PCB. I just hope the USB hole matches A.87/GON TKL. I plan on making my own TKL PCB and want it to fit this and the Mech27-TKL (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81351.0)

It's a match. Are you making your own PCB? That's so cool.

Offline joey

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 04:44:46 »
Yes I am :thumb: Originally for the mech27-tkl, but since it matches I might join this GB too!
I also made a 60% PCB in the past.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 06:36:40 »
Yes I am :thumb: Originally for the mech27-tkl, but since it matches I might join this GB too!
Awesome. May i ask why you have to make your own PCB. Will your PCB have some cool functions?like RGB lighting or something?
Anyway, i am thinking about to have another kind of plate made. Maybe you can still have some use of the pcb.
Hope you have a good weekend! :D :D :D

Offline joey

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 07:18:52 »
Awesome. May i ask why you have to make your own PCB. Will your PCB have some cool functions?like RGB lighting or something?
Anyway, i am thinking about to have another kind of plate made. Maybe you can still have some use of the pcb.
Hope you have a good weekend! :D :D :D
It's mostly for fun :thumb: I can pick the MCU used, and therefore run my own firmware (https://github.com/jgouly/keyboard-firmware)
Since the Mech27-TKL will most likely come with a middle layer diffuser, I'll probably look at adding some RGB under-lighting. Again, most for the "challenge" of the PCB design/firmware.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 14:20:36 »
can't the middle colored case be cut in the same dimensions than the other parts? (I think it would look better than being larger)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 19:26:25 »
can't the middle colored case be cut in the same dimensions than the other parts? (I think it would look better than being larger)
I wouldn't change that at the moment. If i cut the middle case the same dimensions as the other case,then i don't think there will be a need for the middle case.That could be totally redesign.
And trust me it looks better this way. :thumb:

Offline itskuroi

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 24 July 2016, 21:39:25 »
Most of these comments seem to want it to be something generic like most TKLs. I love the way this looks, D and all! Can't wait to join.

It helps that my name starts with a D

Offline duhhey

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 01:55:11 »
I'm Interested :D

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 04:27:00 »
Most of these comments seem to want it to be something generic like most TKLs.

I really don't get this though. I mean there are sooooo many generic TKLs which more or less look the same and have the same features.
I like this idea since it's a nice and most of all different approach. I'm still not a fan of the TKL layout though.

Offline joey

« Reply #59 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 04:50:47 »
Most of these comments seem to want it to be something generic like most TKLs.

I really don't get this though. I mean there are sooooo many generic TKLs which more or less look the same and have the same features.
I like this idea since it's a nice and most of all different approach. I'm still not a fan of the TKL layout though.
I like the middle piece style and I think others do too. It's just the 'D' logo some people don't like.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 06:07:30 »
I like the middle piece style and I think others do too. It's just the 'D' logo some people don't like.

But, if I understood the start post right, the D is just an optional logo and not a part of the case. It's really complaining about nothing at this moment. It's like "the PCB has LED support but I don't even use those... badly designed product".
I think branding, to some point at least, is very important. If you look at the currently available TKLs you quickly realize why that is the case: They all look alike. Even if the logo would be forced for some reason, I don't really see a problem with it as long as you can choose the color of it. A nice grey to grey contrast (or going for no contrast at all) can really change the looks of it and will take away the flashyness, if that's what you prefer.

Offline repuls0r

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:23:23 »
Any rough estimate for when this will go live?
Matrix 8XV1.0  |  FMJ 80  |  SKOG  |  TGR Jane CE  |  Orion V2  |  Mech27  |  LZCP  |  TXCP  |  CPSQ  |  TX1800

Offline joey

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 12:40:11 »

But, if I understood the start post right, the D is just an optional logo and not a part of the case. It's really complaining about nothing at this moment. It's like "the PCB has LED support but I don't even use those... badly designed product".
I think branding, to some point at least, is very important. If you look at the currently available TKLs you quickly realize why that is the case: They all look alike. Even if the logo would be forced for some reason, I don't really see a problem with it as long as you can choose the color of it. A nice grey to grey contrast (or going for no contrast at all) can really change the looks of it and will take away the flashyness, if that's what you prefer.
If it was something other than a 'D', people may like the branding.

Offline repuls0r

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:05:19 »
Without the D and I guess you could count me in
Matrix 8XV1.0  |  FMJ 80  |  SKOG  |  TGR Jane CE  |  Orion V2  |  Mech27  |  LZCP  |  TXCP  |  CPSQ  |  TX1800

Offline Lepidus

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 14:14:08 »
Will the PCB fit switches upside down, like most backlit boards? If so, can this be discussed? I dont think anybody will use translucent keycaps anyway, and fitting the switches on the right position will grant better compatibility with cherry profile caps.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 15:22:58 »
Will the PCB fit switches upside down, like most backlit boards? If so, can this be discussed? I dont think anybody will use translucent keycaps anyway, and fitting the switches on the right position will grant better compatibility with cherry profile caps.

https://world.taobao.com/item/44253018064.htm#detail <-- link to pcb

It looks like the switches will be mounted with the LEDs on the bottom of the switch
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 16:12:03 »
Most of these comments seem to want it to be something generic like most TKLs. I love the way this looks, D and all! Can't wait to join.

The housing is pretty unique IMO.

Can't remember the last time I saw a TKL that looks like that.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 25 July 2016, 19:30:43 »
Any rough estimate for when this will go live?
Very soon.There is no reason to delay. We have made samples.So maybe few days after i get the second sample and check it.
 :D :D :D :D

Offline Tmeee

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 28 July 2016, 10:37:10 »
Dr.D!Dr.D! :p :p :p
Waiting for TGR-910......

Offline Data

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 13:33:00 »
Keeping some money in reserve for this.  I'm thinking the D logo will look great in the same color as the main case body.  If it's a raised letter it will stand out just enough to be recognizable but not so much that it's distracting.

Offline Namkhanhv

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 02 August 2016, 01:47:51 »
Cool design! My wallet is ready

Offline nicx

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 11:50:41 »
Love the look.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 13:33:39 »
just seeing this looks nice.

Offline joey

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 13:47:19 »
Anxious for this one to start!

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 14:04:54 »
can we chat on QQ? 

Offline joey

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 14:07:01 »
can we chat on QQ? 

Just chat with me on snapchat :P

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 20:12:15 »
can we chat on QQ? 

Add you.Mine is 1556101142.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 08 August 2016, 20:14:26 »
can we chat on QQ? 

GH should develop an im so that we could all talk together.lol ;D

Offline djchup

• i write code
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 13:13:15 »
Interested in logoless version, can't wait for this to go live.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 17:48:16 »
I want the D not sure what the dealio is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline joey

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 18:10:01 »
can we chat on QQ? 

GH should develop an im so that we could all talk together.lol ;D
There is an IRC channel where some of us hang out!
Any updates on the sample / when the GB will start?

I should buy some RGB LEDs to start prototyping..

Offline JDragon

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 20:21:58 »
Any chance of white as a color? White with red or blue as the sandwich would look amazing IMO.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 22:00:10 »
Any chance of white as a color? White with red or blue as the sandwich would look amazing IMO.
we can't do white at the moment. Maybe silver? I dont know if anyone have do a white alu anode before,but i never seen a white one.
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline JDragon

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 22:12:30 »
we can't do white at the moment. Maybe silver? I dont know if anyone have do a white alu anode before,but i never seen a white one.

I thought I saw one before, but now that I think about it, it was probably powder coated. No worries though, I can always get silver and powder coat it white locally. Really excited about this board, that aluminum sandwich look is really unique!

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 22:24:56 »

I thought I saw one before, but now that I think about it, it was probably powder coated. No worries though, I can always get silver and powder coat it white locally. Really excited about this board, that aluminum sandwich look is really unique!
no worries. i will open gb very soon. one or two weeks from now. silver should look great.i'll get a silver one myself.lol

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 23:00:20 »

no worries. i will open gb very soon. one or two weeks from now. silver should look great.i'll get a silver one myself.lol

at last, yeah i cant wait any longer :p

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 23:02:48 »

Will be update something in the weekend, and we can go to GB :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
The whole set will weight 1.7kg (without switches and keycaps). Will that be enough for you

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 10 August 2016, 23:26:45 »

Will be update something in the weekend, and we can go to GB :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
The whole set will weight 1.7kg (without switches and keycaps). Will that be enough for you

Can't decide on color!  I have so many silver boards already T_T  Maybe I will get black :D

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 02:37:30 »

im ok with weight. how about titanium color? :rolleyes:
titanium - black/grey - titanium this must be nice :p

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 04:50:47 »

Can't decide on color!  I have so many silver boards already T_T  Maybe I will get black :D
Black is great. You can chose red in the middle. It's should be classic.

Offline joey

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 04:55:33 »
I'm unsure of the colour I want too!

Thinking:
Black, pink middle (like the sample)
Black, grey middle (subtle)
Grey, black middle (also subtle)
Silver, grey middle
grey, silver middle

So many options.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 05:00:31 »
I'm unsure of the colour I want too!

Thinking:
Black, pink middle (like the sample)
Black, grey middle (subtle)
Grey, black middle (also subtle)
Silver, grey middle
grey, silver middle

So many options.
isn't that great to have so many options! anyway you should chose the color you love.just go with your feelings.It could never go wrong

Offline joey

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 05:04:18 »
isn't that great to have so many options! anyway you should chose the color you love.just go with your feelings.It could never go wrong
It might just be easier to buy 5 boards :blank:

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 05:04:54 »

im ok with weight. how about titanium color? :rolleyes:
titanium - black/grey - titanium this must be nice :p
[/quote]
 Look are the grey in the color sample. Someone call it titanium.
  ;D ;D ;D

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 05:05:54 »
It might just be easier to buy 5 boards :blank:
that's what i love to hear,man. thank you! ;D

Offline Data

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 07:20:42 »

My wallet is ready.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 10:56:13 »
got updates. more picture. up up up

Offline joey

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 10:57:22 »
Thanks! Gives us a better idea of the colour options.

I'm also interested in half plate.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 10:58:58 »

some people suggest me to do PC plate. i can do that,but moq is 10. so i am not sure if we can get that done :thumb:

Offline joey

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 11:01:50 »

some people suggest me to do PC plate. i can do that,but moq is 10. so i am not sure if we can get that done :thumb:
I'm also interested in PC plate. 10 people doesn't seem terribly high!

The plates don't support switch opening, right?