Author Topic: fake clack discussion  (Read 376201 times)

Offline Belfong

Re: fake clack discussion
« Reply #1350 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:06:21 »

No one expects to walk away with a clack from any sale so it's a pleasant surprise when it does happen, it's something special. In a twisted way it's nice the influx of new members here for the sole purpose of having a chance to buy and sell clacks at drastically inflated costs are selling the clacks back to the people who care about them. I mean it's ****ed sure, but at least we're getting our soldiers back from the terrorists.
Everyone knows that the CC and BB will find its way back to GH members who actually care for them. So why would the makers want to spread the love so wide until the point of reaching to total newbie, knowing well this will happen? I understand that there are some newbie who might want to start a collection, heck I was one of them before. But I think a certain requirement such as having post count would have some sort of control. CC has account creation date requirement but he's usually open to people with one month old (from sales date), which is just too lenient. And with this EK sales and Ctrl Alt raffles, there doesn't seem to be any requirements imposed anymore and I bet this is gonna make things worst (in terms of flipping)

Offline HipsterPunks

• Gangmember
  • * Maker
« Reply #1351 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:08:10 »

No one expects to walk away with a clack from any sale so it's a pleasant surprise when it does happen, it's something special. In a twisted way it's nice the influx of new members here for the sole purpose of having a chance to buy and sell clacks at drastically inflated costs are selling the clacks back to the people who care about them. I mean it's ****ed sure, but at least we're getting our soldiers back from the terrorists.
Everyone knows that the CC and BB will find its way back to GH members who actually care for them. So why would the makers want to spread the love so wide until the point of reaching to total newbie, knowing well this will happen? I understand that there are some newbie who might want to start a collection, heck I was one of them before. But I think a certain requirement such as having post count would have some sort of control. CC has account creation date requirement but he's usually open to people with one month old (from sales date), which is just too lenient. And with this EK sales and Ctrl Alt raffles, there doesn't seem to be any requirements imposed anymore and I bet this is gonna make things worst (in terms of flipping)

Ctrlalt.io requires GH username for Bro raffle
sell out and eat ass

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1352 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:09:11 »
Yeah, but anyone can create a GH username on sale date. Which makes the GH username requirement moot.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1353 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:20:26 »

The other way is worse though. Best to let it be the way it is, rather then enforce more rules and regulations and turn this forum into some elitist red state bull****  :rolleyes:
I also understand why Bro would enact specific rules on the reselling of his work, but I also think it would be a lot more fun to let the market echo what he put into it. The concept of something you created bringing into existence it's own market environment would be too tempting a thing to not want to speculate on. Well for me anyway, but I'm a cynic.
But Bro is old school, and I respect him sticking to his guns and trying to make GH a better and brighter place for old and new members alike.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #1354 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:21:20 »
Like when Samsung ripped off the iPhone design in order to give the Galaxy brand a step up over the rest of the Android phones..

I don't remember that. Can you give some specifics?

It was pretty big news; http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/31/apple-sues-samsung-for-2bn

I think Apple won? It went on for months and I lost interest.. but from the documents that came out in court Samsung basically said to there design team to copy the iPhone
Turns out they both infringed on each others patents. I'm not sure how that applies here, since CC certainly didnt copy anything from k3kc

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1355 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:24:15 »
i see clacks/v2's as an association with GH, little trophies of being part of the forum.

i don't.

and i think it's ridiculous to think that way. your trophy is contributing to the forum, not a piece of plastic a vendor sells you. all that mentality creates is GH becoming a cool kids club that you can just buy yourself into.

And then people dump on you because your post count is increasing faster than theirs.

well one thing is contributing and another is spam.

Now you're getting picky :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1356 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:26:25 »
I vote for a 971 post minimum to enter any artisan sale

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1357 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:29:35 »
quad 9s only
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1358 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:37:07 »
quad 9s only

As a minimum :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1359 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:39:33 »

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #1360 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:43:51 »

This guy gets it!!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1361 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:59:06 »
quad 9s only

Don't make me push you over 10,000.   >:D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1362 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:00:49 »
*pocket sands this whole thread*

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #1363 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:07:50 »

As a newbie and aspiring cc and bb owner, this hurt me  :'(
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1364 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:26:18 »

This is now a panda thread:

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1365 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:28:41 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1366 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:30:57 »

Show Image

how high are you

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1367 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:34:12 »

Show Image

how high are you

But I am none high.

More

« Last Edit: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:36:53 by nubbinator »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1368 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:38:35 »

Show Image

how high are you

Not high enough...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1369 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:40:08 »
nubs quick what's 5 x 6

houffman, same question but in spanish

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1370 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:42:09 »
nubs quick what's 5 x 6

houffman, same question but in spanish

What the ****, we didn't learn how to count to 42 in Spanish.  All I know is up to octo.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1371 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:42:59 »

Trente

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1372 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:44:26 »
jokes on both of you i can't english!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1373 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:45:08 »
Lol derailed
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1374 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 21:48:47 »
Lol derailed

Thread doesn't always need to be serious. As long as nobody flames anyone, I'm not gonna summon a mod.

This is the off topic board, after all.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1375 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 22:05:51 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2015, 09:02:03 by esoomenona »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1376 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 22:06:48 »
No complain. It funny. Party on Wayne.
I'm back.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1377 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:08:17 »
Lol derailed

Thread doesn't always need to be serious. As long as nobody flames anyone, I'm not gonna summon a mod.

This is the off topic board, after all.

Oh thank you so much oh wise one, we are so privileged to have your guidance and wisdom

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1378 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:10:59 »
Like when Samsung ripped off the iPhone design in order to give the Galaxy brand a step up over the rest of the Android phones..

I don't remember that. Can you give some specifics?

It was pretty big news; http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/mar/31/apple-sues-samsung-for-2bn

I think Apple won? It went on for months and I lost interest.. but from the documents that came out in court Samsung basically said to there design team to copy the iPhone
Turns out they both infringed on each others patents. I'm not sure how that applies here, since CC certainly didnt copy anything from k3kc

It was more of a joke than anything else, although I was specifically referring to Samsung ripping off the iPhone design to give them a head start over the rest of the android field. The rest of that whole saga is more political bull**** than anything else.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #1379 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 01:30:31 »

Show Image

Omggggggg it's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!

Offline redskull

« Reply #1380 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:08:03 »
i think i saw somewhere that k3kc won something from EK.  :))

edit, found this;

not sure he won everything or photochop...
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:14:57 by redskull »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #1381 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:18:24 »

edit, found this;

Show Image

Probably bull****

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1382 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:30:10 »
he just edited the page source

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1383 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:35:29 »

edit, found this;

Show Image

nvm didn't see there is a new drawing. Still obvious fake.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #1384 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 08:43:48 »
One entry is only for one item. Fake clack before, now fake email also? So fake...
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1385 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 09:36:11 »
i love how there was a discussion about post minimums to buying a CC/BB.
That's not an elitist attitude at all lol

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1386 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 09:38:58 »

10,000 posts or gtfo :p :D :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1387 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 10:22:11 »

It was definitely serious.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1388 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 10:42:18 »

It was definitely serious.

so http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51797.msg1524617#msg1524617 wasn't serious eh?

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1389 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 12:28:59 »
Not trying to star a war just a question:
How is buying or supporting fake Cherry MX switches (Kailh, etc.) different than fake Clacks?  People say they feel nice/better, but in the end they are a Chinese company ripping off another company's product and profiting from Cherry's IP.  Maybe I'm uninformed, but I'm a little surprised that there are established members here against fake Clacks but buying fake switches.  I'm not meaning to offend anyone, just wanting to spark some thought.
I'm back.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1390 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 12:40:22 »
How is buying or supporting fake Cherry MX switches (Kailh, etc.) different than fake Clacks?  People say they feel nice/better, but in the end they are a Chinese company ripping off another company's product and profiting from Cherry's IP.  Maybe I'm uninformed, but I'm a little surprised that there are established members here against fake Clacks but buying fake switches.  I'm not meaning to offend anyone, just wanting to spark some thought.

Cherry had patents for their switches, but they expired in early 2014 afaik.  Their inventions were protected by patent law, whereas art is protected by copyright law.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 November 2014, 12:43:20 by trizkut »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1391 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 12:49:22 »

There are opinions on that as well some can be found here http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56406.0

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1392 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 12:57:28 »
Whoops wrong thread.

Hh keeps breaking
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 November 2014, 13:03:33 by appleonama »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1393 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 13:04:04 »
Trizkut and Spamray, thanks for the links and thoughts.  I guess legally it's different, though to me it doesn't seem so different.
I'm back.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1394 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 13:59:50 »
Emails haven't gone out yet, it's fake

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #1395 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 14:37:31 »
Why do we have so many trolls on this forum....

They got tired of all the keyboards with shoes next to them??

Clearly, it's time to go next level.  Socks on keyboards, keyboards in shoes.
GENIUS!
Show Image

here's my entry:

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #1396 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 14:48:59 »
What about keyboard shoes?  That's a shoe made from a keyboard.  Or maybe it's a keyboard made from a shoe.  Either way, pretty kewl.

Is it true that buying fake Clacks will make your pee-pee fall off?  That's waht somebody told me.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #1397 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 14:59:32 »
What about keyboard shoes?  That's a shoe made from a keyboard.  Or maybe it's a keyboard made from a shoe.  Either way, pretty kewl.

Is it true that buying fake Clacks will make your pee-pee fall off?  That's waht somebody told me.

oh man, you could turn a pair of 60% into sandals

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1398 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 14:59:47 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2015, 08:25:55 by esoomenona »

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #1399 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 12:50:18 »
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)