Author Topic: [IC] IRON180 by Smith + Rune (more renders)  (Read 119882 times)

Re: [IC] IRON180 by Smith + Rune (more renders)
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 09:55:15 »
Man chill, he's not gatekeeping. It's genuinly annoying (imo) to have threads regularely bumped with immaterial posts of that sort. Stating your interest in an already accomplished IC half a year after the OP is unnecessary. That said I'm aware this post is also unnecessary. #wokebloke

On this old forum software the only way I know to get the icon to change is if you replied to a thread, ie simply clicking watch thread doesn't do it. Maybe some people use that as a way to quickly keep track of threads they are interested in.

I sort of wish this forum would update to something more modern.

Offline fish_oh

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 19:30:31 »
I'm torn between waiting for this board to go GB or join the Rama U80.

Well, I would say grab both if possible, see what you prefer, and sell the "worst" one.
The U80 is easy to grab; the Iron180 might be tricky (FCFS accelerated by hype).

Personally prefer the U80 esthetics, but this is very subjective (coming from a guy, who doesn't like the keycult design as well ;)

Good luck with your choice!

Then I am in the same boat as you :)
Personally, I don't find the aesthetics of keycult (or the tgr jane for that matter) attractive.  The iron180 seems nice to me one day, and some days when I looked at it again, not so.
But I hear all the good things about the Iron 165, so naturally quite curious.  I do find the "stepped" look on the posterior part of the iron quite classy.
« Last Edit: Thu, 17 September 2020, 19:34:24 by fish_oh »

Offline dom

« Reply #352 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 22:55:03 »
But I hear all the good things about the Iron 165, so naturally quite curious.  I do find the "stepped" look on the posterior part of the iron quite classy.

Indeed, I'm curious about Irons & Keycult boards as well, both better quality and feel than Rama (according to the community). However, I will never choose a thing I want based on other people's likings.

Rama is closer to my preferences, fun, enjoyable to look at, and good enough in terms of feel. And the best part anyone can grab it during GB, which is not that TOXIC (just an opinion) as the FCFS runs so less hype and more fair approach. And this is what I respect as well.

Offline Voidec

• Tip of the Spear
« Reply #353 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 17:44:50 »
Count me in for this

Offline need_my_pills

« Reply #354 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 10:56:16 »
Man chill, he's not gatekeeping. It's genuinly annoying (imo) to have threads regularely bumped with immaterial posts of that sort. Stating your interest in an already accomplished IC half a year after the OP is unnecessary. That said I'm aware this post is also unnecessary. #wokebloke
+1
Also -
Im sure I've got less than 10 posts. Just use my IC posts for reminders.