Author Topic: [IC] JDA The Moon (2021/03/25 Group buy concluded, manufacturing soon)  (Read 32407 times)

Offline keebs.io

(Circle of life ------- Mahāyāna ghana-vyūha-sūtra)

JDA The Moon

This set is inspired by different colors of the moon and the night sky. Due to Covid lockdown, the moon has become my best friend at night and I wanted to create something for her.

Keycap Specs

- JDA Profile - Drunken Ink Manufactured
- Designed by Southheart
- Dyesub PBT Plastic
- Set contains 163 keycaps and include regular Base and Novelties
- MX compatible

What's included

- 163 JDA Profile Keycaps
- Premium ABS keycap organizer with 2 trays
- Drunken Ink Package Box

Pricing

$109.99 (USD)

Shipping

- ETA: May - June 2021
- Carrier: DHL Express (shipping directly from manufacture)
- Shipping Cost: North America: 40 USD; Europe: 30 USD;  Asia: 25 USD; Australia/New Zealand: 30 USD;

Vendor

Click link below to visit groupbuy link:

Themed Kits

This keycap set is selling as a big Base Kit, which includes regular Base and Novelties.

We have following 3 color themes to choose from:

1. Blue Moon (Moon icons in gold color)
We lose ourselves in the dance of the moon, the darkening sky.

2. Blood Moon (Latin in gold color)
Heavy is the moon with blood, crimson in a sky full of black.

3. White Moon (Latin in gold color)
The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.

Sound Test

JDA Samples

More
While waiting for complete "The Moon" set to be made, here are some sample pictures we collected from our designer. These samples are taken under 5700K light:

This color matching keys are using JDA R4 height:

We also purchased a in-stock JDA keycap set to show you the quality of Drunken Ink's JDA keycap sets.

This set is the very first JDA keycap set, called "Singular". Consist of 128 JDA Keycaps with 6.25U spacebar. Using 5-side Dyesub on JDA Profile PBT keycaps. Retail for around 499(CNY) =~ 77(USD). Keycaps and Storage Box together is around 0.9KG or 2lbs (in case you wonder, shipping for this set to US is 359 CNY =~ 55USD using UPS).

For comparison, we took pictures with GMK 8008 on the side.

"Insert":

"Q":

JDA Singular (LEFT) and GMK 8008 (RIGHT):

Back and side of keycaps:

Every keycap's Row Number and Size are also molded on the back of the keycap, which makes installation easier.

Spacebar:

Profile comparison:

JDA is Drunken Ink's most premium line of keycap with highest quality overall. All JDA Keycap set come with a ABS Keycap Organizer with two trays. Here are some additional pictures about JDA's packaging:

Renders

More

Accessories - Deskmat

More
White Moon Version:

Blood Moon Version:

IC Form

Updates

03/25/21
More
1. GB on ClickClack.io concluded with 199 sets.
2. We are looking to start manufacturing JDA The Moon on around March 30th.
3. All 3 color ways' complete sample will be made before mass production. Designer will be on site to make sure it meets our design.
4. We are building our brand-new ClickClack.io. Our next release will be on our new website.

03/10/21 GB will end early, we will cover custom duty and in-stock sale
More
1. We will cover custom duty:
All the orders will be shipped from our shipping partner to you directly. We reimburse custom duty for all orders. If you are imposed with custom duty for your order, you can submit your custom duty documents to support@keebs.io for us to review. We will refund duty amount to back to your original payment method.
2. Group Buy Ending will be closed on 03/15/2021:
We currently have around 500 orders globally. All orders will be manufactured together. According to our designer, “The Moon” sets are scheduled to be produced around end of March. In order for us to deliver “The Moon” on time, we will need to finalize our order numbers by mid March. Therefore, Group Buy will be closed one week early and on 03/15/2021. We sincerely apologize for changing our Group Buy Schedule!
3. In-Stock sale after fulfillment:
After Group Buy order fulfillment and defect fixes, we will host in-stock sale if there are extras left.
4. PayPal:
We are actively working with PayPal to expedite the review process for our business account. However, we don’t have an ETA on when our business account will be ready. So we won’t be able to support PayPal payment for JDA the Moon GB.

03/08/21 Arrow Key will use directional crescent legend as shown on set render picture

2021/03/03 New Domain/Name, production updates, spacebar sizes
More

1. We sincerely appreciate you guys' feedback on our domain name, we have purchased a new domain called: ClickClark.io . We will make it official when we have our new logo ready! And of course, we will make our website better!
2. Regarding sampling and manufacturing process, Drunken Ink is working on new PBT moldings for 7U, 3U, 2.75U spacebars and that will finish around March 10th. Our The Moon is the second JDA set on production pipeline.
3. Regarding Space Bar Sizes in "The Moon", there will be: 7U, 6.25U, 3U, 2.75U

2021/02/21 update 2 - new GB price
More

Hi all, thank you for the feedback about the confusion around international shipping fees. To make things clear, we will no longer include fixed shipping fee in the price. As a result, the GB price for The Moon will be $109.99 plus shipping that will depend on the destination.

2021/02/21 update 1 - cost breakdown
More

Hey guys, first of all, we are really really grateful for all the upvotes and support! To be super transparent here:
1. keebs.io discovers talented indie keeb designers and brings their products to international market at a fair price. We are officially authorized by the designers we partner with to sell abroad. You can buy our products either on Taobao or keebs.io.
2. To address the comments regarding Taobao price. Before opening IC internationally, we did a trial run in China. $40 was the deposit required to join the GB and eventually the price was set at about $80. We ended up breaking even. Once the trial run has ended we kept getting requests to go for a second run internationally, so here we are doing a global GB.
3. Based on our trial in China, when going internationally we had to set the price to $150 to account for international shipping, customs, tax, storage, credit card transaction fee, insurance, foreign currency exchange fee. $150 = $80 (trial run price) + $40 (shipping, customs, tax) + $10 ( credit card transaction fee, insurance, foreign currency exchange fee) + $20 (keebs.io markup)
We want to apologize for the confusion and please keep the feedback and questions coming! We will try our best to answer them!

02/20/21 Groupbuy Information
More

- Groupbuy time: 5PM EST on Feb, 26th, 2021 - Mar, 22nd, 2021
- Where: https://keebs.io/products/jda-the-moon
- Price: $109.99 (USD) + shipping
- Ship Time: May-June 2021

02/18/21 Arrow Key will use regular crescent legend
More
Based on feedbacks from y'all, we will replace directional crescent arrow keys with regular crescent legend. Appreciate the feedbacks!

FAQ

1. What is JDA Profile?
More
JDA is slightly higher than Cherry, roughly the same as OEM, and nowhere close to SA.
Also, based on our experience, the curve fits the fingers better. Silky texture.
We know that it’s a rather new profile indeed, but overall we are really happy with the quality and we are very excited to share it with you all!

JDA Spec:
- Height similar to OEM
- Sculpted
- Spherical Top

^ JDA Height Comparison

^ JDA Profile Height Data Sheet from manufacture

^ Color matching and key sample

2. Can I buy different kit separately?

No, this set's manufacturer Drunken Ink does not support that.

3. No, we have nothing to do with keeb.io

We also have The Moon Themed Keyboard Kit coming soon

« Last Edit: Thu, 25 March 2021, 20:57:54 by keebs.io »

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
Re: [IC] JDA The Moon
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:18:00 »
The moonphase numrow is really cool...but I'm with Sam on this one.
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:18:56 »
First time I have heard of this profile.
Are these dye sub ? More info pls.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:25:45 »
keebs.io doesn't even exist bro

Offline Amnestey

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:31:51 »
Put me down for a Set#3 if this happens I love the colors and the theme

Offline DrHigsby

• The doctor is in.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:38:47 »
Can you please provide more information about the JDA profile. Who is the manufacturer? What other sets have run in this profile? How does it compare with DSS (it looks remarkably similar to DSS, which is conveniently not in the side profile view)?

Edit: Are you affiliated with Keeb.io? If not, that's going to be only mildly confusing.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2021, 16:56:20 by DrHigsby »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 17:40:09 »
Man I really like the color scheme, but 2 things:
* Provide more information on the JDA profile as mentioned by other users

* The Keebs.io name worries me, for it looks like you are trying to cash by using a well known name. Put a disclaimer.

Other than that, I dig the color scheme and unless I missed something, it looks like a well thought set.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline SleepyJacky

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 17:59:39 »
Would like more info on JDA as well — but man those novelties are very well done.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 18:04:24 »
Looks like bananas

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 20:42:19 »
Devnagri sublegend on this would look dope!!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline Emonadeo

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 21:38:39 »
Can underline most things other people have said. But, I personally really like the theme, I just feel like the legends/novelties could be refined a bit. Other than that I have never heard of the JDA profile but from what I can tell by the pictures that profile looks really great; it's nice and flat like cherry, but with spherical tops and overall aesthetically more pleasing in terms of shape. Would love to try this profile out, whoever is manufacturing that, lol.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 21:52:26 »
Not only is an in-depth explanation behind the JDA profile necessary, but you need to provide ample details about the manufacturer. Nothing comes up when I google "drunken ink keycaps" and that makes me feel like this is a scam. Honestly I think the set looks good, but it doesn't matter in this case...

Offline keebs.io

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 23:46:27 »

Right, these are dyesub PBT. We have gone through the color matching phase with the manufacturer, they look really good.

Offline keebs.io

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 23:50:40 »
keebs.io doesn't even exist bro

lol, thanks for the reminder bro, our developer was high and didn't realize the site went down. It's back up now, check it out. We are a small shop, so sorry for the ****ty site, will make it better, promise.

Offline keebs.io

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 23:52:09 »
Put me down for a Set#3 if this happens I love the colors and the theme

love you, fam. Feel free to join our Discord and ask more questions there.

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 00:35:24 »
I like the idea of the first set. Looks like you included two identical spacebars though, so I'm assuming 3u spacebars. Not having 2.75u and 2.25u is a bad bad move.

edit: sketch
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2021, 23:56:14 by Ustinj »

Offline saintnoodle

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 02:22:46 »
I'll chime in with some quick thoughts. I'm not that big of a fan of the crescent alphas but the regular alphas it works well. I like the colour schemes, hard preference on the blue one for me. I think the novs are pretty artistic, I appreciate that. I don't like the deskmats at all; but it is hard to get me to like a deskmat, that's just the way it is. My main gripe really is the arrow keys. I can see in some of the renders that regular arrows existed at one point, and honestly I prefer those over the directional crescents. The profile looks really interesting and I'd love to know more about the manufacturer and whether this is their first outing or if they've made caps before and I'd like to know their process. Overall, this is a pretty promising set with a clean aesthetic and an artistic theme.

Offline Al3417

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 06:21:41 »
Nice to see a JDA profile IC on Geekhack. The reasons why you guys had never heard about it might because all the IC were posted on Zfrontier.com. So basically JDA profile was originated from a manufacturer that only produces PBT keycaps sells to the Chinese customize keyboard market; while it got some own original design sets, it recently starts open up to us and collect orders from designers. If I remember it correctly, JDA got four finished and shipped GB up till now, including JDA EVANGELION 00, designed by Rifen (who also designed JTK Suited Assassin and Nightsakura).
I got “JDA Singularity” last month, and judging from my usage experience, I think the set is very economical and perfect in quality too.  :thumb: I recommend this if ur a Cherry profile lover; it’s about the same height as Cherry, but the increased contact surface REALLY comforts my finger. Guess keebs.io will soon provide more in-depth info behind the profile once he checked in with the manufacturer. :)

Offline saintnoodle

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 07:10:01 »
Nice to see a JDA profile IC on Geekhack. The reasons why you guys had never heard about it might because all the IC were posted on Zfrontier.com. So basically JDA profile was originated from a manufacturer that only produces PBT keycaps sells to the Chinese customize keyboard market; while it got some own original design sets, it recently starts open up to us and collect orders from designers. If I remember it correctly, JDA got four finished and shipped GB up till now, including JDA EVANGELION 00, designed by Rifen (who also designed JTK Suited Assassin and Nightsakura).
I got “JDA Singularity” last month, and judging from my usage experience, I think the set is very economical and perfect in quality too.  :thumb: I recommend this if ur a Cherry profile lover; it’s about the same height as Cherry, but the increased contact surface REALLY comforts my finger. Guess keebs.io will soon provide more in-depth info behind the profile once he checked in with the manufacturer. :)

Sounds promising!

Offline lllchevy350lll

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:18:26 »
would REALLY like to see a render with the moon legends in the red colorway. and i agree with what was stated above; the directional crescents on the arrow keys is a no go for me.

Offline HelloThisIsDog

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 13:52:49 »
I loved KAT iron but I might like this even more, the gradients are so elegant. Hope everything goes well! And agree with above posters that directional legends are a bit much.

Offline Extra Fox

• quis qui sais
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 14:48:19 »
lol, thanks for the reminder bro, our developer was high and didn't realize the site went down. It's back up now, check it out. We are a small shop, so sorry for the ****ty site, will make it better, promise.
I do believe this is the best possible answer you could have given.
A-a-ron

Offline keebs.io

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 19:11:42 »
Can you please provide more information about the JDA profile. Who is the manufacturer? What other sets have run in this profile? How does it compare with DSS (it looks remarkably similar to DSS, which is conveniently not in the side profile view)?

Edit: Are you affiliated with Keeb.io? If not, that's going to be only mildly confusing.

Would like more info on JDA as well — but man those novelties are very well done.

Not only is an in-depth explanation behind the JDA profile necessary, but you need to provide ample details about the manufacturer. Nothing comes up when I google "drunken ink keycaps" and that makes me feel like this is a scam. Honestly I think the set looks good, but it doesn't matter in this case...

* The Keebs.io name worries me, for it looks like you are trying to cash by using a well known name. Put a disclaimer.

Other than that, I dig the color scheme and unless I missed something, it looks like a well thought set.

Can underline most things other people have said. But, I personally really like the theme, I just feel like the legends/novelties could be refined a bit. Other than that I have never heard of the JDA profile but from what I can tell by the pictures that profile looks really great; it's nice and flat like cherry, but with spherical tops and overall aesthetically more pleasing in terms of shape. Would love to try this profile out, whoever is manufacturing that, lol.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 2 XL mit Tapatalk

I'll chime in with some quick thoughts. I'm not that big of a fan of the crescent alphas but the regular alphas it works well. I like the colour schemes, hard preference on the blue one for me. I think the novs are pretty artistic, I appreciate that. I don't like the deskmats at all; but it is hard to get me to like a deskmat, that's just the way it is. My main gripe really is the arrow keys. I can see in some of the renders that regular arrows existed at one point, and honestly I prefer those over the directional crescents. The profile looks really interesting and I'd love to know more about the manufacturer and whether this is their first outing or if they've made caps before and I'd like to know their process. Overall, this is a pretty promising set with a clean aesthetic and an artistic theme.

Thanks guys for sharing your feedbacks, we just updated the post with more information on JDA including the detailed sizing. Overall, JDA is slightly higher than Cherry, roughly the same as OEM, and nowhere close to SA. Based on our experience, the curve fits the fingers better. It has a silky texture to it. We know it’s a rather new profile indeed, but overall we are really happy with the quality and very excited to share it with you all.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 February 2021, 19:14:46 by keebs.io »

Offline keebs.io

Re: [IC] JDA The Moon (Update 02/18/21 - no more directional crescent)
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 19:26:29 »
would REALLY like to see a render with the moon legends in the red colorway. and i agree with what was stated above; the directional crescents on the arrow keys is a no go for me.

I loved KAT iron but I might like this even more, the gradients are so elegant. Hope everything goes well! And agree with above posters that directional legends are a bit much.

Guys, thanks for the feedback. We will remove directional crescents all together and replace them with regular crescents. Feel free to provide more feedbacks here or in the IC forms!

Offline keebs.io

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 19:27:47 »

Legend

Offline keebs.io

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 23:32:31 »

We have nothing to do with keeb.io and just included the disclaimer in Q&A, thanks for the feedback! Happy to answer any other questions.

Offline Rx003

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 03:24:05 »
its aaaaa aight legit what I said , but wish you all the best with this good luck!  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 05:37:14 »
I'm interested in the profile, it seems like a cross between KAT and DSS. The design is pretty nice too.

Any plans to get regional proxies? Personally I'd really appreciate a UK proxy - I recommend protoTypist.

Offline keebs.io

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 18:07:19 »
I'm interested in the profile, it seems like a cross between KAT and DSS. The design is pretty nice too.

Any plans to get regional proxies? Personally I'd really appreciate a UK proxy - I recommend protoTypist.

For now, we will probably stick to our manufacturer in Asia and ship to other regions. In future, we will definitely consider regional proxies, thanks for the feedback!

Offline Adqam64

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 19:24:51 »
We have nothing to do with keeb.io...

Then why did you choose a name that was different to their name by only an s?  Given that this community runs largely on goodwill this seems to be a misstep.

Offline Drakenocas

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 19:55:33 »
This probably one of the aesthetically appealing themed kits that I have seen in a bit.  I want one.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 20:58:15 »

For now, we will probably stick to our manufacturer in Asia and ship to other regions. In future, we will definitely consider regional proxies, thanks for the feedback!
Tax will scare people away, you know that, right?

Offline keebs.io

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 20 February 2021, 13:35:07 »

Tax will scare people away, you know that, right?

Nah, we will take care of the tax.

Offline niakulah

I think it's bad enough that a lot of sets put ÷ for numpad /, but % is just wrong...

Offline Taverius

Best of luck with this.

Not my kinda colorway, but more success for shorter spherical sculpted profiles is always a win in my book :)
75%/1800
Spherical sculpted, mid-height if possible
ISO, winkey, silent linear, no weeb sets

Offline see

[Edited post - original post breaks the rules as I interpret them]

I'd just like to point out that this set ran in China beforehand for 40 USD 80 USD.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=636732383465

Vote with your wallets.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2021, 07:32:28 by see »

Offline bow3i

my finest creation, dropshipping taobao keycap sets, very nice very good

Offline nathanchere

Love the blue moon design! Is there any rough estimate what turnaround time would be with this manufacturer? I'm fine with trying out new options but not so much if it is going to be yet another group buy with lead times of a year or more

Offline spikedsynapse

I am going to register Omnitypes.com and sell taobao sets at 4x the price...

Offline Ravenoxidal

Always nice to see a different profile for us to try. One thing about this, is the price. 150usd? That's really steep. Also, I hope you have a good explanation for what the others have said above, if it's really 80usd, 150usd is a huge markup. And what's with the choice of the name too? Didn't look like you've put much thought into it. And with this IC being the first post too, seems kinda sus. Hope you can shed some light.

Offline Hugs94

Lmao taobao reselling. Classic sub 20 post user. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=636732383465.
Can get this for so much cheaper. All these new users thinking they can make a quick buck. Pathetic.

Offline bubbletea

He must be working with/or is the original taobao seller.

The set has now been jacked up in price on taobao to 899 to reflect the "130 bucks" price.

But we all know this one was priced at 528 yuan before this IC.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2021, 11:23:13 by bubbletea »

Offline candravamsa

I really love this set but the sketchy vibes are through the roof at the moment.

First strike was:

I have nothing against smoking weed however statements like this aren't exactly faith inspiring in the decision making and discretion of someone that would be taking thousands of dollars from strangers.

A super derivative (and frankly lazy) company name like Keebs.io.

Now the IMMEDIATE upsell of an already produced set...

I'm out.

Offline keebs.io

Re: [IC] JDA The Moon (2021/02/21 update - cost breakdown)
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 14:46:03 »
[Edited post - original post breaks the rules as I interpret them]

I'd just like to point out that this set ran in China beforehand for 40 USD 80 USD.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=636732383465

Vote with your wallets.

Lmao taobao reselling. Classic sub 20 post user. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=636732383465.
Can get this for so much cheaper. All these new users thinking they can make a quick buck. Pathetic.

I really love this set but the sketchy vibes are through the roof at the moment.

First strike was:

I have nothing against smoking weed however statements like this aren't exactly faith inspiring in the decision making and discretion of someone that would be taking thousands of dollars from strangers.

I'm out.

Always nice to see a different profile for us to try. One thing about this, is the price. 150usd? That's really steep. Also, I hope you have a good explanation for what the others have said above, if it's really 80usd, 150usd is a huge markup. And what's with the choice of the name too? Didn't look like you've put much thought into it. And with this IC being the first post too, seems kinda sus. Hope you can shed some light.

He must be working with/or is the original taobao seller.

The set has now been jacked up in price on taobao to 899 to reflect the "130 bucks" price.

But we all know this one was priced at 528 yuan before this IC.

Hey guys, first of all, we are really grateful for all the support and good vibes! To be super transparent here:

1. keebs.io discovers talented indie keeb designers and brings their products to international market at a fair price. We are officially authorized by the designers we partner with to sell abroad. You can buy our products either on Taobao or keebs.io.

2. To address the comments regarding Taobao price. Before opening IC internationally, we did a trial run in China. $40 was the deposit required to join the GB and eventually the price was set at about $80. We ended up breaking even. Once the trial run has ended we kept getting requests to go for a second run internationally, so here we are doing a global GB.

3. Based on our trial in China, when going internationally we had to set the price to $150 to account for international shipping, customs, tax, storage, credit card transaction fee, insurance, foreign currency exchange fee. $150 = $80 (trial run price) + $40 (shipping, customs, tax) + $10 ( credit card transaction fee, insurance, foreign currency exchange fee) + $20 (keebs.io markup)

TLDR: $149.99 (USD) includes shipping, tax to anywhere in the world

We want to apologize for the confusion and please keep the feedback and questions coming! We will try our best to answer them!

Again, you can find us directly on our Discord.

Offline acitrin

• https://acitrin.design/
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 20:38:13 »

Hey guys, first of all, we are really grateful for all the support and good vibes! To be super transparent here:

Hey!

I'd be curious... how did that price breakdown change to get to $110 from $150? Where did the $40 come from?

« Last Edit: Sun, 21 February 2021, 21:02:06 by acitrin »

Offline keebs.io

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 23:04:01 »

Hey!

I'd be curious... how did that price breakdown change to get to $110 from $150? Where did the $40 come from?

Thanks for your interest!

As we mentioned in our updates:

2021/02/21 update 2 - new GB price

Hi all, thank you for the feedback about the confusion around international shipping fees. To make things clear, we will no longer include fixed shipping fee in the price. As a result, the GB price for The Moon will be $109.99 plus shipping that will depend on the destination.

Offline atlanticise

Re: [IC] JDA The Moon (2021/02/21 update 2 - new GB price)
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 23:29:56 »
If this set has already run and you're producing more after this round of GB, please consider redoing the text legends. I would actually consider purchasing this if the "CapsLock" had a space so it's "Caps Lock". Also, the crescent moon shape beside every mod legend somehow just seems way too close to me, visually. Make the text smaller and give it room to breathe, especially for Tab and Shift.

The font size on the stepped caps is also way bigger than all the other mods. It's kind of jarring.

I also am really uncomfortable with the name you're choosing to operate with. Wouldn't you prefer to choose something much less similar to keeb.io and make an original brand for yourself?

Please don't be offended by my comments. I actually like the idea, am interested in the profile, and like the gradient as well. If the China GB has already happened, do show us some real life pictures, that would be very helpful to this IC.

Offline KambingSuSu

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 01:53:26 »
I am going to register Omnitypes.com and sell taobao sets at 4x the price...

If this set has already run and you're producing more after this round of GB, please consider redoing the text legends. I would actually consider purchasing this if the "CapsLock" had a space so it's "Caps Lock". Also, the crescent moon shape beside every mod legend somehow just seems way too close to me, visually. Make the text smaller and give it room to breathe, especially for Tab and Shift.

The font size on the stepped caps is also way bigger than all the other mods. It's kind of jarring.

I also am really uncomfortable with the name you're choosing to operate with. Wouldn't you prefer to choose something much less similar to keeb.io and make an original brand for yourself?

Please don't be offended by my comments. I actually like the idea, am interested in the profile, and like the gradient as well. If the China GB has already happened, do show us some real life pictures, that would be very helpful to this IC.

First strike was:

I'm out.

We have nothing to do with keeb.io and just included the disclaimer in Q&A, thanks for the feedback! Happy to answer any other questions.

[Change the name of your site. Keeb.io has been around for so long, having such a similar name is just frankly in bad taste. It's like those sites that uses mispelled porn sites to....

Trying to run a group buy that standardise shipping prices worldwide was always gonna be a bad idea, glad for the change.

Such an odd motherhood statement. But great to see CN based designers being helped to bring their boards to the broader market(if it ever happens). Would help to lower the exorbitant prices that cash-grabbers think they can charge as well.

How thick are the caps? I ain't paying a 100 for paper thin caps.

White Moon - f-row is unreadable. Hope that the gold really pops in the actual set.

Kitting
No alice support i presume. No extra B, but spacebars has 7U space, 3U space, 2x 2.75 spaces. Guess this allows for split spacebars.
Novelties feels kinda half-assed? Could just drop it, or expand the kit abit more. Here, have ONE 1.25u of design A, and ONE 1.25u of design B. Giving 2 of each design would be much better for symmetry.

Like the profile, hate the fonts. I hate it. It's thin, the alphas dont match the mods, the numpad is somehow smaller in size than the alphas, and it looks so close to the corners. Will it look like the OEM caps?

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 04:34:34 »
Why don't you just find regional vendors?

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 08:06:32 »
Dramas aside, I appreciate that it's quite a unique design, with a creative execution of the theme, with evident effort and thought given to the icon mods and novelties. I also appreciate you taking the time to answer various concerns by other members of the community, and hope you can feedback to the original designer,  further areas of improvement that can be done with the legends that several ppl have mentioned. i.e. Caps Lock instead of Capslock. Suggest changing from 'Win' to 'Sys' term as well.
Not the biggest fan of all-in-one kitting either.

Also are there any renders of the deskmat design with the keyset? I'd like to see how it complements the set as a whole.
I'm also worried about banding issues with that gradient in the picture you've shown in the post.

+1 to the above. If this set/profile has already ran before, then photos of prior products will allay people's concerns about the quality of a profile/manufacturer that people here are unfamiliar with. I appreciate the few photos of colour matched sample, but those are blanks- are there any other sample keycaps with the legends on them, so we can see how that contrast and clarity looks? Photos of the underside /thickness of caps will also be appreciated by others here too.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2021, 08:20:13 by bobasweatandtears »