Author Topic: Razer Mechanical?  (Read 232363 times)

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 11:15:58 »
Quote from: ClackHead;220907
but but but I just bought an MX blue filco which is on its way and I play TF2 all the time :(

Say it  ain't so!

Just take it as it comes, don't make any conclusions before you test it for yourself!
I\'m selling all my Shizz! Please buy it!

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)
Buckling Spring: Model M 1391401(1988 & 1993)
Cherry Blues: DAS III Pro
Cherry Blacks: Cherry G80-11900
Cherry Browns: 3X Cherry G80-8113LRCUS-2
Cherry MY: G81-7000HPBUS-2****G81-3000LANUS-0****Modded to 20g
Rubber Dome: HHKB Lite 2 (White & Black)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Erricrice\'s Song of the Day: Gorillaz - El Mañana
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline Nadger

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #351 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 11:34:53 »
I was reading your forums for like 6 hours yesterday, by the time i stopped my eyes were burning.  I was trying to educate myself on mechanical keyboards and I think i have a fairly good understanding of them now and im looking forward to trying one out.

Still trying to decide which Cherry to go with.

Theres something I still don't understand...why is NKRO so important?  I don't plan on rolling my face across the keyboard so is NKRO really that important?

Also i see quite a bit of talk about the force rating of diff switches, but what about dome/scissor force ratings?  Are they all 60 as razer's site would claim.  I just have a hard time swallowing everything they market =p

I currently have a Razer Lycosa.  I liked it at first but the longer i own it the more unhappy ive been with it.  But im curious what force rating it would be rated at so i can get a better idea which switch would be good for how i type/game.

My girlfriend has a g15 and i absolutely hate her keyboard, its very mushy and sticky and they keys are too tall and taper too much so the actual key face is very small (at least compared to my lycosa)

I have experienced gamer fatigue in long sessions where my fingers start to hurt from holding down keys.  So i was thinking blues or browns, or even clear mx switches but ive also read a lot of conflicting statements that tactile switches are bad for gaming, or clicking switches like the blues are bad for gaming.

Why exactly is tactile or clicky bad for gaming?  I remember reading something about having to let the key come fully up before you can press it again but I dont know if thats for tactile or if thats for clicking.

So does that mean I should get reds?  Are they still not available in the US? I may have to wait until the black window is released and head down to a best buy and try out the blues on it or the blacks on the steelseries 7g because i doubt they will have any mechanical keyboards other than those two.

Sorry for the poorly structured post tried to get all this out before i have to leave for work =P

/thread hijack
● Logitech ♦ G600
● Noppoo ♦ Choc Mini 茶轴
● Plum ♦ 96 White / Red Switch
● Microsoft ♦ Xbox 360 Windows Controller

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #352 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 11:52:35 »
Quote from: Julle;220921
Cherry blues are perfectly fine for gaming - I just can't understand the constant whining about this. I play TF2 all the time and have had no problems whatsoever.  

Lmnop is a tiny little crying baby man who just soiled his diaper.

for one I am a woman. second maybe because there is something to it? :) I have owned a Das Ultimate for 2 and a half years. a lot of people have a problem playing FPS with Cherry MX Blue switches. Cherry MX Blue switches are suited for typing let's leave it at that.

Offline ClackHead

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #353 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 11:56:12 »
There is only one way to settle this.

We will have a TF2 match of blue cherries vs all others and see who wins.

It makes perfect sense.

Filco Majestouch TKL MXBlue

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #354 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 12:01:29 »
iOne is releasing the U9BL with Cherry MX Brown switches I wonder what Razer will say...

Offline phillip

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #355 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 12:05:28 »
i'd rather play cs

Offline In Stereo!

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #356 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 12:09:01 »
Quote from: Nadger;220917
Theres something I still don't understand...why is NKRO so important?  I don't plan on rolling my face across the keyboard so is NKRO really that important?

It is more of a good practice. When you have a PCB, which is offten te case with mechanical keyboards, NKRO is a fairly cheap upgrade. And if you can have it, why not have it. Although there are some keyboards with pretty anoying limitations when it comes to registering multiple simultaneous key presses, this is not the case with the majority of non-NKRO keyboards.

Also i see quite a bit of talk about the force rating of diff switches, but what about dome/scissor force ratings?  Are they all 60 as razer's site would claim.  I just have a hard time swallowing everything they market =p

Every manufacturer is a little different and yeah, there are rubber domes with different actuation force, but what they all have in common is the mushiness and the fact that they don't age well, in most cases, become pretty painful to use after just a few year. Razer is doing some major simplifications here.

I have experienced gamer fatigue in long sessions where my fingers start to hurt from holding down keys.  So i was thinking blues or browns, or even clear mx switches but ive also read a lot of conflicting statements that tactile switches are bad for gaming, or clicking switches like the blues are bad for gaming.

Why exactly is tactile or clicky bad for gaming?  I remember reading something about having to let the key come fully up before you can press it again but I dont know if thats for tactile or if thats for clicking.

So does that mean I should get reds?  Are they still not available in the US? I may have to wait until the black window is released and head down to a best buy and try out the blues on it or the blacks on the steelseries 7g because i doubt they will have any mechanical keyboards other than those two.

Sorry for the poorly structured post tried to get all this out before i have to leave for work =P

/thread hijack

I personally prefer PCB mounted linear switches (blacks or reds) as they offer some quasi analog feel to it, which is a pretty nice feel when playing games and the clickyness is a somehow annoying when it comes to gaming. But this is basically a verry subjective opinion and has little to do with actual gaming performance. Your call.

As for the gaming fatigue, I think you should try not to press and hold the keys as hard as you can which is offten the case when in a rush of adrenaline.

Offline ClackHead

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #357 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 12:23:34 »
Quote from: Julle;220935
Fine by me! Who's hosting?

Let's wait till my keyboard arrives and then we'll organize it in a new thread in the OT section.

Offline Arc'xer

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #358 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:04:40 »

If your paying this much for a keyboard you'd expect it to live up to it.

NKRO is so miss understood as this all-key system. NKRO is simply the increase in redundancy against key blocking(ignoring of key or keys), rollover(when a set of combination is done some random key around the area is activated). And to give you the ability to make combination of keys on any set way of rows either same or different rows. In simplist terms NKRO is to increase redundancy maximize pros, eliminate cons.

But NKRO gives you the byproduct of full n-key, n being arbitrary like in math. No one is saying you are going to hit every key at once. But you will be typing all over the keyboard so having that redundancy system extends to every key to avoid issues anywhere on the keyboard. It is the transfer systems USB that limits the total output to 6 keys + 4 modifiers and PS/2 gives total.

Not into scissor switches but from what some have said in some scissor switches the force can reach nearly 80-90+ grams but the short travel distance makes the feel much lighter.

Tactile is bad for primarily FPS gaming were a key is held down for extensive periods of time all the way down and the user is ignoring the tactility it simply get in the way mostly in the blues as the actuation and release points are at different areas. You don't have time to focus on that for FPS games but for other games it can simply be a muscle memory thing and you just use the keys in such a way were it'll always be the same if you use it enough times. In fact the smoothness in the linears gives you that resting capability to rest just before the actuation point and spam away, though it takes time to learn.

Linear is more properly known as Linear-progressive as linear in the sense means no tactile bump, it does subtly rise in resistance over a non-tactile curve or point. Hence why they are liked for FPS gaming.

I've noticed in recent times many people thinking linear MX switches are some different switch they all work 2.0mm actuation. It's just some people think linears need to be bottomed out, they don't, you just can't tell when they actuate so bottoming out is just a sign to stop.

As for mx red vs black, well I stopped recommended a long while ago. Indeed it's very difficult to recommend linear to anyone. Black's even after months of using them would become fatiguing they do start off at 40g, actuate at 60g, and bottom out at 80g.

Reds if you can find a cheap good quality of it then that be fantastic but reds are very rare. Reds are much lighter start off at around 30-35g, actuate at 45-50g, and bottom out around 60g.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:06:43 by Arc'xer »

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #359 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:12:46 »
Quote from: ripster;220949
Once again, has anyone here preordered?  Or everyone just whining in this 452 post thread?

Just whining.  Who needs empirical data when you can whine?

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline JBert

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #360 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:22:25 »
All I want is some cheese with my wine.
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #361 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:28:32 »
I'm interested to see what will happen with these keycaps, like CH_123 said if the rest of the key will wear off(since the letters are clear) or something like that.

Would be quite a strange effect, especially if it has a backlight...

Jbert:

The Cherry Corp sales manager will not be happy...
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:32:16 by erricrice »

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #362 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:33:50 »

mmm

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #363 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:36:41 »
Quote from: lmnop;221003
Show Image

mmm

Nice...

Those colors look familiar... =)

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #364 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:37:56 »
mozzarella di bufala aka buffalo mozzarella also affectionately known as the spunk of Chuck Norris or ripster I can't remember.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:49:08 by lmnop »

Offline runeazn

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #365 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:50:38 »
lol,
Kami Ducky 1087 of Heaven

Offline ClackHead

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #366 on: Wed, 08 September 2010, 14:55:48 »
Fresh and Ripe Buffalo Mozzarella with sliced tomatoes and a little olive oil.

So so good.

Offline aCuria

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #367 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 04:27:29 »
Quote from: panda-R;220770
I disagree with your disagree. In gaming environment i don't think you have time to care about whether or not you "know" the key has been activated. It's the end result that counts and having gamed on Cherry blues, they aren't fast enough for certain games, namely FPS when you gotta double tap, etc. You really need to let up on the blues before they can activate again. However as always, to each their own.

We agree to disagree then.

Its not knowing that it has been activated that is important, but knowing that it did not activate...

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #368 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 18:00:43 »
Rubberized keys? That might be interesting to type on.
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline aegrotatio

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #369 on: Thu, 09 September 2010, 18:12:18 »
This is getting me want to repurchase the Adesso mechanical keyboard I bad-mouthed in my review.  The price is still hovering around $80 with shipping.
Daily Drivers: Ducky DK1087XM || DSI ASK-6600 || Rosewill RK-9000 BL, BR, BL, and RE || ABS M1 || Das Keyboard Silent || HHKB Lite and Lite 2 || DSI Big Font (kids love it)
Yearning for: Any ALPS keyboard || Any tenkeyless mechanical keyboard
Permanent collection: Poker Blue and Brown || Adesso MKB-125B || SIIG MiniTouch Geek Hack Space Saver || Chicony 5181 Monterey Blue || Chicony 5191 Clone Cherry Blues || Key Tronic 3600 || Unicomp Endurapro & SmarTrex || A crate of IBM Model M and Model M Space Saving boards || NeXTstation Slab || Amiga 3000 || BTC-5100C black and beige || SIIG MiniTouch Plus black and beige
Retired collection: SIIG MiniTouch Monterey Blue || Razer BlackWidow

Offline Nadger

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #370 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 00:11:57 »
Another video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GIbFAXLVgA

Didnt see anything worth while in it other than i had not really gotten a good side profile look at it yet.  It looks like the letter keys are flat and the number row keys are angled.

Try to ignore the BS marketing claims again of "worlds first mechanical gaming keyboard"
● Logitech ♦ G600
● Noppoo ♦ Choc Mini 茶轴

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #371 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 00:44:36 »
Ugh, the videos arent doing the keyboard any good in my opinion. It screams heavy marketing. Everything Razer equipment, popular games like MW2 in the backround, cheesy music. Still split now between the Das and the Razer BW..

Offline Nadger

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #372 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 01:07:03 »
@ripster - maybe thats a sign of the build quality - hes afraid he might break it =p

Typically in the past how long before a razer products release date do they send it out to review sites?

We got a little over a month left still, and it seems the only people who have them at the moment are people who sold their soul to razer.  So we cant count on them to take one apart and check build quality or take apart their "modified" mx blue switch to see whats different about it.
● Logitech ♦ G600
● Noppoo ♦ Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #373 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 01:25:26 »
ripster wants to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think there is anything special about the rollover or the Cherry MX Blue switches it's just another iOne manufactured keyboard. you said your leaning towards the Deck, but you don't need to wait for it to launch to know the Deck is the better built keyboard.

you really need a "hunt and peck" style to play games with Cherry MX Blue switches. whether you agree with this assessment or not is irrelevant they are just too subjective to recommend to gamers. if you are interested in a switch that clicks try Clicky Alps or Buckling Spring they don't cost a lot.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 01:46:03 by lmnop »

Offline Nadger

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #374 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 01:53:04 »
Yeah im leaning deck but @ $192 shipped its a little hard to swallow.  It will be a month anyway or so before i can set aside enough to buy one anyway.

I did notice this though:

The packaging will allow you to try a few buttons out on the store shelf if they dont have a display model.

Seems a little dangerous too, someone could easily jack the keycaps ;x
● Logitech ♦ G600
● Noppoo ♦ Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #375 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 02:15:30 »
Quote from: Nadger;221534
Yeah im leaning deck but @ $192 shipped its a little hard to swallow.  It will be a month anyway or so before i can set aside enough to buy one anyway.

I did notice this though:
Show Image

The packaging will allow you to try a few buttons out on the store shelf if they dont have a display model.

Seems a little dangerous too, someone could easily jack the keycaps ;x

Razer did do a good job on packaging but depressing a Cherry MX Blue switch isn't going to tell you much. you have to be sitting at your computer playing a First Person Shooter to understand what I am talking about. the reset point is really high in Cherry MX Blue switches. even if you were a typist I think I would recommend something more conventional like a Das Model S Professional or Filco Majestouch Tactile Click. it's going to be hard to recommend this one to typist or gamers.

Deck Legend Frost is expensive but you can return it unlike the Topre.

I think BestBuy has a 15% restocking fee.

ripster will use his son to distract the floor walkers while he uses his wire puller :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 02:51:21 by lmnop »

Offline Nadger

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 03:40:01 »
Yeah i see what you mean now.  I made a comparison graph to help visualize the difference.  I posed it in my newb thread.  But ive got to wonder what made both xarmor and razer decide to go with blues?  Theres got to be some reasoning besides clicky = easier to market.
● Logitech ♦ G600
● Noppoo ♦ Choc Mini 茶轴

Offline British

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #377 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 04:11:32 »
Quote from: Nadger;221534
Yeah im leaning deck but @ $192 shipped its a little hard to swallow.

You can ask ironman31, he might help you to suck it up

The choice of blues might also be a marketing move.
After all, clicky switches are what people speak the most about, be it for good or bad.

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #378 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 04:12:11 »
Quote from: Nadger;221539
Yeah i see what you mean now.  I made a comparison graph to help visualize the difference.  I posed it in my newb thread.  But ive got to wonder what made both xarmor and razer decide to go with blues?  Theres got to be some reasoning besides clicky = easier to market.

I think if your marketing a mechanical keyboard Cherry MX Blue switches would a good choice because the tactile and audible feedback leaves a impression, a wow factor.

it's all I got lol look it's 5:33am what do you want a song and dance?

« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 04:45:51 by lmnop »

Offline Phaedrus2129

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #379 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 08:18:25 »
Also MX blue switches are cheap and they lead in the GeekHack switch poll.

However on my poll on OCN MX browns won out, followed by MX blacks, then blues. But browns are more expensive than other switches for some reason, so companies don't use them unless the mob clamors exceptionally loudly.
Daily Driver: Noppoo Choc Mini
Currently own: IBM Model M 1391401 1988,  XArmor U9 prototype
Previously owned: Ricercar SPOS, IBM M13 92G7461 1994, XArmor U9BL, XArmor U9W prototype, Cherry G80-8200LPDUS, Cherry G84-4100, Compaq MX-11800, Chicony KB-5181 (SMK Monterey), Reveal KB-7061, Cirque Wave Keyboard (ergonomic rubber domes), NMB RT101 (rubber dome), Dell AT101W

Offline ichirichi

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #380 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 09:06:01 »
If they release this keyboard with Cherry Browns now, they wouldn't have anything new for later to sell ......  Can't you see, 6 months down the line, "New ADVANCED Razer Godzilla Keyboard - improving switches (brown)"..

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #381 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 14:51:39 »
Quote from: ripster;221572
And lmnop sez to buy that Deck $200 keyboard NOW!
Show Image

No harm in waiting to see what it really is instead of idle speculation and following all the Blue Cherry Hate posts.

I just realized my Logitech DiNovo Mini also uses that lasered cell phone method.  The keys aren't rubberized at all so hopefully these won't be either.

lol no harm. Deck has everything he wants. I thought Americans took pride in quality :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 September 2010, 14:57:12 by lmnop »

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #382 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 14:57:19 »
Quote from: ichirichi;221577
If they release this keyboard with Cherry Browns now, they wouldn't have anything new for later to sell ......  Can't you see, 6 months down the line, "New ADVANCED Razer Godzilla Keyboard - improving switches (brown)"..

In all seriousness, that may very well be the case...

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #383 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 14:59:47 »
hey Eric how come in your Northgate Omnikey review you said it failed NKRO?

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #384 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 15:19:00 »
Quote from: lmnop;221716
hey Eric how come in your Northgate Omnikey review you said it failed NKRO?

It failed aszx.  I will try it again when I get home though, as it may very well have been a failing switch that was the problem(the thing is fricken ollllld) and not a lack of NKRO.

Also, it is an Omnikey 101 NCS  which is different from the standard Omnikey 101, so it may not have NKRO(does the standard omnikey have NKRO?)

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #385 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 15:21:19 »
apparently it does. I always thought it had native NKRO through XT/AT but once you connect a PS/2 adapter it's nullified I guess I was wrong (again) :)

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #386 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 15:24:24 »
Quote from: lmnop;221736
apparently it does. I always thought it had native NKRO through XT/AT but once you connect a PS/2 adapter it's nullified I guess I was wrong (again) :)

Yeah, AT->PS/2 adapters don't change anything but the layout of the pins, right?  There's not electrical conversion at all that I know of.  But yeah it's probably just because it's the NCS version (notice XSphat said NOT 101P in his post)

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #387 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 15:29:35 »
a while back I remember reading a comment about a Northgate Omnikey and he couldn't get more than 5 over PS/2. I don't even remember if he specified what model. maybe you should double check in case we get to beat someone up :)

PS, long live the stubby.

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #388 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 15:32:50 »
Quote from: ripster;221743
NKRO though an active PS/2 adapter like the Blue Cube (not the passive Purple Prince ones) always limit you to USB 6+4 spec.

AT to PS/2 is passive.

Make sure you follow the test procedure in the N-key Wiki.  

Here's me when people don't follow simple instructions.

Yeah, I wasn't using a USB adapter, luckily my mobo still has a PS/2 Port....although they seem to be disappearing quite readily...

I'll test my Northgate once I get home to see what happens, but I think it's just fine through PS/2, I think the 'board is just not NKRO

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #389 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 15:45:06 »
Quote from: ripster;221753
Would be simple to check for diodes.

What was the Omnikey NCS anyway?  Maybe it's a cost reduced version.

I'll take a look once i get home tonight.

The N appears to be an AT/XT switchable version, Bob said it's rarer than the 101. Mine is the NCS, which I don't know if it is the same, but the layout is the same, and it does have a dipswitch!  Mine was just too damn old and 'orange' for him to be interested in it though.

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #390 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 23:40:35 »
Alright Rip, you can put this in your official NKRO wiki.

Omnikey 101NCS: Not NKRO.  Fails aszx.   I can get 8 or more sometimes though, like asdfjkl; is just fine.

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #391 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 23:43:19 »
that doesn't put my mind at ease. thank you eric. when did fentek start selling trucker girl keycaps?

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #392 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 23:46:09 »
Rip:

Passes asx just fine, fails aszx, fails qas, passes sd(space)

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #393 on: Fri, 10 September 2010, 23:47:26 »

Trucker Girl in White Print on Black Keycap - ALPS     K1ABTGIRLW1
Trucker Girl in White Print on Black Keycap - Cherry    K1CHBTGIRLW1

they are Double Shot.

I missed out on the Deck ones. I would love one!

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #394 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 00:08:44 »
I don't want to create a new thread for something this small. aww :)

clickclack should put his take on trucker girl.

« Last Edit: Sat, 11 September 2010, 00:22:11 by lmnop »

Offline washuai

• http://home.earthlink.net/~haruai/
Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #395 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 14:32:05 »
Actually, it bothers me more than some letters are lower case, while others are upper case (I like all caps on a keyboard), than the font being devoid of curves.  Helvetica or Arial is not for everyone.  The problem is, it is kind of hard for keyboards to get fancy with font, because the legends should be first and formost clearly legible.
I think English Gothic or Highlander would look cool on a keyboard.  However, Highlander font is just as gimmicky and not as clean as the font Razer picked.  English Gothic would be unusable for most people.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 September 2010, 14:35:20 by washuai »
⌨(home)Realforce 87U ⌨(backup) Filco Majestouch 104 Brown ⌨(backup)Cherry G80-8200LPDUS ⌨(work)Leopold FC200RT/AB
☛CST L-Trac-X ☛Logitech Wireless Optical Trackman ☛ Razer 3500 dpi ☛MS Explorer DeathAdder

Lay-a-bouts:  ⌨Full 109 Key Virtually Indestructable  Keyboard ⌨Compaq Radio Quack GYUR84SK
Wishlist: ⌨KBDmania Pure ⌨Déck 82 ice/frost/toxic/royal ⌨Ricercar spos G86-62410EUAGSA ☠ ✞⌨miniGuru(s) ☠
 ✐Intuos or Cintiq

Offline Phaedrus2129

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #396 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 20:41:08 »
They blew the NKRO diode budget on a voltage oscillator for the logo's LED.
Daily Driver: Noppoo Choc Mini
Currently own: IBM Model M 1391401 1988,  XArmor U9 prototype
Previously owned: Ricercar SPOS, IBM M13 92G7461 1994, XArmor U9BL, XArmor U9W prototype, Cherry G80-8200LPDUS, Cherry G84-4100, Compaq MX-11800, Chicony KB-5181 (SMK Monterey), Reveal KB-7061, Cirque Wave Keyboard (ergonomic rubber domes), NMB RT101 (rubber dome), Dell AT101W

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #397 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 21:34:50 »
Quote from: Phaedrus2129;222218
They blew the NKRO diode budget on a voltage oscillator for the logo's LED.

lololollololololol you're totally right!

Let's hope the thing is NKRO, otherwise there needs to be some asses kicked...

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline lmnop

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #398 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 22:04:20 »
Quote from: ripster;222054
So back on topic.....

Razer did the Media keys right.  FCN key on the right works for me.  (Well, kinda - I use WIN+Arrow keys a LOT in Win7 to dock/minimize windows so now I have to use two hands).
Show Image

Now the Das Multimedia S (Oh, how short a life! One Month!  We hardly knew ye!), the Steelseries (you are not worthy of a LWindows key so eat my obnoxious logo key) and the Xarmor (Shift + FCN - wha?   What about all my Adobe/Microsoft Office shortcuts!!!) screwed it up.  Deck stuck media keys on their obsolete numpad (lol) but just left them off their standard keyboards sidestepping the whole issue.

Ugh.  The Font.  Don't get me started.  Luckily Gamers can't spell font so graphic design is the least of their worries.

the Deck 21 numpad was cool :)

number pad, media keys, backlight control, usb hub. the idea was you plug the Deck 82 into the Deck 21 numpad.

clickclack laughed at Trucker Girl clickclack edition.

Offline erricrice

Razer Mechanical?
« Reply #399 on: Sat, 11 September 2010, 22:15:08 »
Quote from: ripster;222245
The Razer rep already said it wasn't gonna be NKRO or even 6KRO.  At least they are being honest upfront.

Ahh, yeah that's right he said UP TO 6KRO, meh we can always hope...

Logitech G5[/FONT]