Author Topic: XT/AT/PS2/Terminal to USB Converter with NKRO  (Read 501763 times)

Online fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: XT/AT/PS2/Terminal to USB Converter with NKRO
« Reply #1550 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 08:44:25 »
You did notice that the connections are showing the socket, not the plug, didn't you?
“Wise statesmen as they were, they knew the tendency of prosperity to breed tyrants, and so they established these great self-evident truths, that when in the distant future some man, some faction, some interest, should set up the doctrine that none but rich men, or none but white men, were entitled to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, their posterity might look up again to the Declaration of Independence and take courage to renew the battle which their fathers began — so that truth, and justice, and mercy, and all the humane and Christian virtues might not be extinguished from the land; so that no man would hereafter dare to limit and circumscribe the great principles on which the temple of liberty was being built.”
- Abraham Lincoln, July 4, 1858

Offline feltel

• feltel.de
« Reply #1551 on: Sat, 05 May 2018, 08:50:57 »
I think so. I repurposed the parts of the original cable. So black wire goes to 5V, white to ground, red (which is DATA) to PD0 and yellow (CLOCK) to PD1.
Unicomp Classic with red ESC key

Offline 624245305

« Reply #1552 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 03:47:35 »
I come from China, a primary school student, I learned a lot, the original HID appeared 404,HID which corresponds to the scancode translation table

Offline Red October

« Reply #1553 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 16:41:19 »
Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a problem here.  I bought a Soarer's Converter for XT keyboards from Orihalcon on eBay a while ago, used it happily for some time, only to have it develop an intermittent fault.  He had me send it back and sent me a new one.  Now that one has developed a fault too, at first it was intermittent too, but last week it just up and quit on me.  I decided that, as I had already received a second one and that it had been some time, I would tackle this one myself, especially as my soldering skills have improved greatly and I have a lot more tools for electronics work. 

I proceeded with disassembly and discovered that the circuit board inside the USB plug was potted in hot snot (da bigger da gob, da better da job, amIright? ...) which hadn't bonded to the board or components, or even the rubber shell, only the wires.  I cut everything back and proceeded to solder up the USB and DIN-5 connections now inside an enclosure box with a panel-mount DIN-5 and a USB cable with a gland, salvaged from some other thing long ago.  Unfortunately, when I was doing something, I managed to knock off a tiny little surface-mount component about 1/4 the size of a grain of rice.  Aided by a bright LED torch, I finally found the goddamn thing (on a filthy cement floor... fun!) and was able to put it back on the board, thanks to my needle tweezers.  Testing it with a meter showed it seemed to be a capacitor, as with the probes in one orientation the meter counted upwards and in the other downwards (in Ohms mode, beautiful old HP 3455a).  I put it back in what I thought was the correct orientation and tried the unit.  Plugging it into a laptop for testing (Dell Precision M60 portable workstation) I got an error from Windows: "Power Surge on Hub Port".  I checked all my work, found some little bits of wire from the USB side that may have been making contact with one-another and trimmed them back.  Same problem.  I swapped around the orientation of the mystery surface-mount device, still the same error.  What's up here???

Offline thealeinman

« Reply #1554 on: Wed, 04 July 2018, 15:13:59 »
Just wanted to say thanks for the software, gave me a fun 4th of july soldering and hiding the arduino inside the keyboard and maintaining the original cable, the tip job is bad but I cut an old cable, ordered a proper one but still not in yet thanks.  This is the first thing ive typed on this model M and it aint to shabby for 25$  Hopefully this attaches right, also first post.