Author Topic: ErgoDox - Custom split ergo keyboard.  (Read 1238309 times)

Offline tiarnachutch

Re: [Interest Check] Custom split ergo keyboard.
« Reply #900 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 14:56:46 »
Looking good!
Home: IBM Model M (1991)
Work: WASD with Cherry MX Blues, Microsoft Ergonomic 4000, Goldtouch v1

Offline bisl

« Reply #901 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 16:52:47 »
Now with wrist rest

Out of curiosity, how are you making these? Are you sending the designs out to a shop somewhere or is this maybe the work of a 3D printer or something?

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #902 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 17:24:08 »
They are acrylic sheets cut with a laser cutter fed with my drawings I design on my computer.  I cut these myself.

Offline sordna

« Reply #903 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 18:02:49 »
Now with wrist rest:
Show Image

And a view of the encased Teensy and other parts:
Show Image

Wow, that's amazing!
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #904 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 18:11:43 »
Glad to see this is still progressing. Is this a working prototype? Why do you need to make a different revision prototype?

Offline litster

« Reply #905 on: Sun, 21 October 2012, 19:58:24 »
The pair is done.  It was a lot of fun building the case.

It is exactly as I expect, a very good ergo keyboard, very much like my Kinesis Advantage.  Personally I enjoy typing on traditional layout more.  I am too used to that.

bpiphany, please make a split keyboard laid out like the MX5000 with a proper 6-pack cluster.  I will design a case for it.

Offline gdaian

« Reply #906 on: Mon, 22 October 2012, 18:26:02 »
I am so happy to have stumbled upon this marvelous project. Just knowing of its existence has relieved me of immense frustration. I've been fumbling with a recently bought Typematrix and scouring the internet for alternatives, cursing the cluelessness of industrial keyboard designs, until I almost at random landed on the key64 page. The moment I saw the design, I burst out in maniacal laughter; it was as if my every plea had been answered. Thanks to this thread, I now live with the hope of seeing these answers materialize under my running fingers. At last, I rest.

Anyway, I'm in for USD ~350. Accept Bitcoin for payment, and I'll send some delicious Danish beer on top.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 October 2012, 19:39:51 by gdaian »

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #907 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 11:21:40 »
I am so happy to have stumbled upon this marvelous project. Just knowing of its existence has relieved me of immense frustration. I've been fumbling with a recently bought Typematrix and scouring the internet for alternatives, cursing the cluelessness of industrial keyboard designs, until I almost at random landed on the key64 page. The moment I saw the design, I burst out in maniacal laughter; it was as if my every plea had been answered. Thanks to this thread, I now live with the hope of seeing these answers materialize under my running fingers. At last, I rest.

Anyway, I'm in for USD ~350. Accept Bitcoin for payment, and I'll send some delicious Danish beer on top.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt bitcoin will be an accepted currency ( since the GB will almost assuredly be using paypal ). But more is merrier!

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline litster

« Reply #908 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 13:40:55 »
I know some people like the small, regular version, while some other people like the design with wrist rest.  But the switches are soldered to the PCBs with the mounting plate layer sandwiched in-between.  Switching between regular and the wrist rest version would require desoldering and resoldering switches

I can re-design the mounting plate layer so that you always use the smaller, regular mounting plate, and you can move that mounting plate layer to go with the regular version of the case or the wrist rest version.  When you use the wrist rest version, you just add an extension to the mounting-plate in the wrist rest area.  The top two and the bottom two layers will be whichever design you choose to use.  Everything is screwed down tightly so it should still be as sturdy as before.

I should do that to my Filco/Phantom case as well :-)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #909 on: Tue, 23 October 2012, 13:49:19 »
I <3 that clear acrylic case with the built in wrist rests only thing about me i need my wrist rests to be 4.25in in width so it may or may not work for me.

Offline thp777

« Reply #910 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 15:23:15 »
what about having the wrist wrest area a separate piece and attach with neo magnets so you can snap it on and off.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #911 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 18:09:57 »
what about having the wrist wrest area a separate piece and attach with neo magnets so you can snap it on and off.
This is a good idea: I have about 20 of these from broken magsafe boards out of apple computers (Apple doesn't want the old magsafe 'boards back)

Bytheway, I've updated the list. If you're not on it, PM me please.

Sholud I put the pictures in the post as well to tantalize people?

Offline bisl

« Reply #912 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 18:17:33 »
Hey dorkvader! On the offchance that you haven't been over to the DT thread recently, we're trying to start talking logistics with regards to moving forward. Can you take a look and weigh in?

Actually, I suppose the game goes for anyone following this thread here--here's the link.

Offline TDub

« Reply #913 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 05:06:19 »
The transparent case with wristrest looks seriously awesome. Can't wait for a GB for this keyboard.

Offline AloisiusFauxly

« Reply #914 on: Mon, 05 November 2012, 15:25:14 »
I posted this over at DT:

This is a great time for crowd funding to get the project moving forward, and fits perfectly with the working-prototype stage the project is at: PCBs/electronics basically done, case options coming together.

Discrete levels of funding through perks/rewards matches our varied interest here at DT and GH (just pcbs, pcbs+electronics, full kits, plastic vs metal case, etc). It also opens up the possibility to make a more attractive package by offering keycap sets, switches, and/or assembly. Having the closest we can to a complete keyboard will help attract more people outside of GH/DT, which is better for everyone's bottom line. It also takes care of the pre-order money issue as it's a large entity holding the funds.

Now, this all hinges on people getting behind the project, handling things like shipping logistics and communication. Since I just rolled into this project a couple weeks ago, I don't really know what roles people have stepped up to. If no one has done so already I'll start crunching some numbers to get a good idea of costs and target prices for something like indiegogo.

This looks like a great keyboard, and I'd like to help make it a reality.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #915 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 09:26:04 »
I posted this over at DT:

This is a great time for crowd funding to get the project moving forward, and fits perfectly with the working-prototype stage the project is at: PCBs/electronics basically done, case options coming together.

Discrete levels of funding through perks/rewards matches our varied interest here at DT and GH (just pcbs, pcbs+electronics, full kits, plastic vs metal case, etc). It also opens up the possibility to make a more attractive package by offering keycap sets, switches, and/or assembly. Having the closest we can to a complete keyboard will help attract more people outside of GH/DT, which is better for everyone's bottom line. It also takes care of the pre-order money issue as it's a large entity holding the funds.

Now, this all hinges on people getting behind the project, handling things like shipping logistics and communication. Since I just rolled into this project a couple weeks ago, I don't really know what roles people have stepped up to. If no one has done so already I'll start crunching some numbers to get a good idea of costs and target prices for something like indiegogo.

This looks like a great keyboard, and I'd like to help make it a reality.

I think this is a pretty dead horse tbh. Overall crowdsourcing this was ruled to be too costly upfront, and the logistics of handling all the money wasn't great. Secondly, it's hard enough trying to keep people settled whilst waiting for the case (many want pcbs NAO), It'd be really tough if we package caps now (since it can take a long time for a production run), to ask for an additional 2-3 months. When I get the UI done I plan on putting together something for a cap buy, since it seems there might not be a lot of interest in a WASD set.

Cheers,

Offline AloisiusFauxly

« Reply #916 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 17:43:41 »
Why was crowdsourcing ruled to be too costly up front? AFAIK, indiegogo would run the campaign and if it was successful, they would take their 4% cut and release the money to the organizers who could then make the purchases for everything in bulk and get those balls rolling.

We get 30-60 days to collect money and target a completed product/kit 2-4 months down the road from that. It seems like the optimal model for getting as much money up front to order at higher qty. It also creates a sense of legitimacy to mitigate people's aversion to handing over a few hundo to a GH/DT user before we have everything together. This legitimacy would also be much more attractive to people outside of this community, leading to higher qty.

Once that chunk of money is available, we can start placing orders for the PCBs, electronics, and/or switches and ship them out as kits earlier while the case designs and keycaps get sorted out. So it would benefit people like me, who are card-carrying members of PCBNAO.

This is definitely more work than a simple group buy would be. But the scope of the project and the costs involved might require something more than simple group buy organization.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #917 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 23:17:31 »
Why was crowdsourcing ruled to be too costly up front? AFAIK, indiegogo would run the campaign and if it was successful, they would take their 4% cut and release the money to the organizers who could then make the purchases for everything in bulk and get those balls rolling.

We get 30-60 days to collect money and target a completed product/kit 2-4 months down the road from that. It seems like the optimal model for getting as much money up front to order at higher qty. It also creates a sense of legitimacy to mitigate people's aversion to handing over a few hundo to a GH/DT user before we have everything together. This legitimacy would also be much more attractive to people outside of this community, leading to higher qty.

Once that chunk of money is available, we can start placing orders for the PCBs, electronics, and/or switches and ship them out as kits earlier while the case designs and keycaps get sorted out. So it would benefit people like me, who are card-carrying members of PCBNAO.

This is definitely more work than a simple group buy would be. But the scope of the project and the costs involved might require something more than simple group buy organization.

Few months ago when kickstarter was initially proposed. At that time the idea went nowhere and was shot down.

I'm not going to dredge it up because...well this thread is 31 pages long and the DT thread is 22. 53 pages of searching ain't worth it. Just note this issue has been discussed before, and while what happens may have changed between then and now, I won't hold my breath.

We don't know what type of quantity we are dealing with.
We still don't have a case. Dealbreaker.
Switches won't be part of the buy, neither will keycaps. This is really, really firm.

It's been stated over and over there won't be a buy before the case is done. I don't see how this is going to alleviate such concern in the short term, if we still have to wait for everyone to submit payment, only to receive their goods piecemeal. I don't like it personally, and I would rather not have my money tied up for an extra 3-4 weeks while some others get PCBs earlier because that's all they want. I understand that people really want to get their hands on these things right now, but in the best interests of everyone who wants something I firmly believe we should wait for a final case design that can be mass produced. Once we have the R&D done I'm all ears on how to streamline the ordering and distribution process.

One thing to consider is this board is already expensive. 15% on top of a $200-$300 board really isn't cheap, since that won't include caps or switches. I'm still concerned about the IP related to these designs, we don't know what license everything will be covered under.

Cheers,

P.S.
Found Dox's original post from last December:
    Have you thought about broadening the audience a bit? Throw it on Kickstarter and get 100 people to pay $300. It couldn't hurt.
I thought about it but with my current job, I don't have the time to manage something like this.

P.P.S.
I have mispoke, and "costly" was incorrect of me. I will remand that, and instead would rather say that the issue was previously discussed hella long time ago (longer than I thought actually), no idea if Dox's situation has changed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 November 2012, 23:22:33 by OrangeJewce »

Offline bisl

« Reply #918 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 00:49:21 »
OrangeJewce,

I just summarized my first turnaround with MassDrop; I think it's very promising, and it addresses a lot of your concerns.

A couple of quick highlights in direct response to your items here:
  • Massdrop is entirely different than Kickstarter, and much better suited to our needs.
  • Massdrop polling can help us elicit the current level of actionable interest so that they can plan accordingly.
  • The case doesn't seem far off; Dox's last images on DT look almost identical to the ones on ergodox.org, and he even said they were nearly complete. We can proceed with polling and massdrop setup; the case will only be required when the massdrop opens for purchase. If anyone can get in touch with Dox maybe we can get a time estimate to help with planning.
  • Massdrop can set up the buy such that everyone, PCB-only or full-components alike, will be fulfilled at the same time, with the same buy.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #919 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 08:05:28 »
Thanks bisl,

That alleviates a lot of concerns actually. I would be surprised if Dox would rather use a traditional buy for something like this. I agree, the primary concern with a standard GB is nobody can handle the money we're talking about here individually which may even reach the $100k mark. Paypal would freak the hell out, and if we put it in escrow, that's a huge amount of work that I am sure Dox wouldn't have time for.

Not sure if we'll be able to get a good deal on switches or any of the more rare ones, but we'll see. As for caps, I think the amount of interest will be pretty weak by comparison, so a traditional GB could be done for that.

Cheers,

Offline AloisiusFauxly

« Reply #920 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 13:04:06 »
this thread is 31 pages long and the DT thread is 22. 53 pages of searching ain't worth it.

I'll take your word for it!

I would rather not have my money tied up for an extra 3-4 weeks while some others get PCBs earlier because that's all they want.

Your money would only be held for an extra amount of time if the case designs were done and ready to order before the campaign was finished. It's not like anyone would sit around with the money while they twiddle their thumbs. When parts are ready to be ordered/manufactured, they should be. When parts come in to fulfill orders, the orders get shipped out. People getting their PCBs sooner doesn't make the complete kit come any later.

Is it just a lead time issue? You would only want to pay when the case design is finalized and you're only 2-3 weeks away from getting your parts instead of 6-8 weeks?

One thing to consider is this board is already expensive. 15% on top...

Indiegogo takes 4%. Where is this 15% coming from? This is a moot point as MassDrop looks much much better for our needs here, but I have a different understanding than you of how it would have worked with indiegogo.

As far as the IP problems are concerned, ErgoDox is under the GPL so AFAIK, anyone could sell a version of it, but they might have to change the name. Having said that, I consider dox the owner of this project and wouldn't like to see anyone do a commercial run without his involvement or blessing.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #921 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 13:09:15 »
Massdrop works really well for the kit buy logistics solution but really unnecessary for buying key caps from SP. Anyone have any ideas oh how to get a custom PBT set for these unique layouts?

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #922 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 13:10:14 »
this thread is 31 pages long and the DT thread is 22. 53 pages of searching ain't worth it.

I'll take your word for it!

I would rather not have my money tied up for an extra 3-4 weeks while some others get PCBs earlier because that's all they want.

Your money would only be held for an extra amount of time if the case designs were done and ready to order before the campaign was finished. It's not like anyone would sit around with the money while they twiddle their thumbs. When parts are ready to be ordered/manufactured, they should be. When parts come in to fulfill orders, the orders get shipped out. People getting their PCBs sooner doesn't make the complete kit come any later.

Is it just a lead time issue? You would only want to pay when the case design is finalized and you're only 2-3 weeks away from getting your parts instead of 6-8 weeks?

One thing to consider is this board is already expensive. 15% on top...

Indiegogo takes 4%. Where is this 15% coming from? This is a moot point as MassDrop looks much much better for our needs here, but I have a different understanding than you of how it would have worked with indiegogo.

As far as the IP problems are concerned, ErgoDox is under the GPL so AFAIK, anyone could sell a version of it, but they might have to change the name. Having said that, I consider dox the owner of this project and wouldn't like to see anyone do a commercial run without his involvement or blessing.

15% came from an off hand, poorly remembered post by someone somewhere who had talked to massdrop and the fee was high (probably not 15% but hey I haven't talked to them personally).

If he's going to use GPL, no way to stop anyone from doing anything in regards to a commercial production. TBH the pcb would be changed and the controller most likely integrated, not to mention some other likely changes that would make mass production easier (no pcb mount switch holes).

A lot of my concerns were put to rest by bisl's firsthand account with talking to a Massdrop rep. I still don't know what their fee would be, and it would be interesting to know.

Cheers,

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #923 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 13:10:53 »
Massdrop works really well for the kit buy logistics solution but really unnecessary for buying key caps from SP. Anyone have any ideas oh how to get a custom PBT set for these unique layouts?

We start a GB for them!

Cheers,

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #924 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 13:15:00 »
But through who? IMSTO? MOQ is 500...

Offline AloisiusFauxly

« Reply #925 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 13:17:29 »
A lot of my concerns were put to rest by bisl's firsthand account with talking to a Massdrop rep. I still don't know what their fee would be, and it would be interesting to know.

Yeah, I'm curious about the business side of what they do, although I'm not sure that will be transparent.

Offline AloisiusFauxly

« Reply #926 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 13:18:43 »
But through who? IMSTO? MOQ is 500...

Yeah, I was just relegated to getting an alphanum set and using blanks for the other keys.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #927 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 13:20:00 »
Multiple members met with them IN PERSON. Including myself... Basically the deeper the discount they get you the better cut they get. Hopefully BD will weigh in on this buy soon.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #928 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 14:58:00 »
Multiple members met with them IN PERSON. Including myself... Basically the deeper the discount they get you the better cut they get. Hopefully BD will weigh in on this buy soon.

So we have to hope that the prices start low? Seems like a strange business model to me, since allegedly they are passing that additional tier savings back to us? Since when is imsto's moq 500? I thought it was 100?

Cheers,

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #929 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 15:21:08 »

So we have to hope that the prices start low? Seems like a strange business model to me, since allegedly they are passing that additional tier savings back to us? Since when is imsto's moq 500? I thought it was 100?

Cheers,

I mean, they aren't taking a huge cut off the top b/c that would be detrimental to their business model (a Group Buy). They take a small percentage per transaction IIRC and it only increases if they get a really deep discount (example a $1000 car part for 1/10th of that). This is all TMK, so hopefully BD will answer further questions.

As for IMSTO's keys, check this out http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=31861.0

MOQ: 300 sets, currently at: 205 paid sets.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #930 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 16:22:33 »
I've been following this project with great interest from almost the beginning and have been impressed with the contributions made by several people to make this thing happen. I've also been impressed by how long the process takes when it's all done by volunteers whose interest is divided by also having to make a living.

Would it help if someone was willing to put money up front to have the pcb's manufactured?  It seems that there wouldn't be too great a risk to order 50 or so pairs of boards. At $40 per pair that would only be $2000. This would allow the less patient to get started sooner at volume buy pricing and I don't think it would hurt the other aspects of the development.

I could fund the initial order but have no knowledge or time to distribute the orders.

If this can help the process let me know.

Offline mSSM

« Reply #931 on: Tue, 13 November 2012, 04:18:33 »
I've been following this project with great interest from almost the beginning and have been impressed with the contributions made by several people to make this thing happen. I've also been impressed by how long the process takes when it's all done by volunteers whose interest is divided by also having to make a living.

Would it help if someone was willing to put money up front to have the pcb's manufactured?  It seems that there wouldn't be too great a risk to order 50 or so pairs of boards. At $40 per pair that would only be $2000. This would allow the less patient to get started sooner at volume buy pricing and I don't think it would hurt the other aspects of the development.

I could fund the initial order but have no knowledge or time to distribute the orders.

If this can help the process let me know.

The major part of the discussion about the keyboard has migrated to deskthority while geekhack was down:
http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/split-ergonomic-keyboard-project-t1753.html

Currently, the PCBs are still being finalized, and there is discussion about how exactly the group buy is going to happen (only PCB or all bits included). The problem is that the cases are not yet final, and that dox, being the driving force behind the project, seems to be busy with his real life. :-)

Offline TheGrey

« Reply #932 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 12:32:36 »
I'm really interested in this. Is there any idea of when its likely to be ready?

Offline BugBuster

• LinkedIn Profile
« Reply #933 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 13:39:22 »
I guess, there is a number of people, who are quietly tracking the topic and just waiting for the buy to happen. Like me :)
So put me to the list if there is any!

Offline bisl

« Reply #934 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 13:45:08 »
I am coordinating with Massdrop to construct a poll so that we can gauge actionable interest from all you quiet trackers. I'll reply when that's ready to go so everyone can head over there and declare their interest, and which parts they want; this will help them determine price breaks.

I'll post back when that part is ready!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #935 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 13:30:19 »
The amount of interest in this keyboard makes me wonder if this thing can be taken beyond a group buy.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #936 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 18:42:07 »
The amount of interest in this keyboard makes me wonder if this thing can be taken beyond a group buy.

The answer is [IMO]: most likely. I have no qualms that dox could have done a kickstarter on this and started a small business around it. That being said, the designs will be made open source, so that possibility is still open.

Cheers,

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #937 on: Sun, 18 November 2012, 19:22:55 »
*trolling* Hi OJ!

Offline mjtorn

« Reply #938 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 08:20:52 »
I already expressed my interest on Deskthority but maybe I'll do that here as well. Bring it on!

Offline Octane

« Reply #939 on: Sun, 25 November 2012, 10:06:47 »
I have never tried an ergo keyboard but am definitely interested in this. I might also pick one up for my wife, who has carpal tunnel and has had an operation on one of her hands already - other hand pending... Good work guys !!!

Offline TheGrey

« Reply #940 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 05:23:48 »
btw please count me in for the preassembled group buy list....also if ergodox could provide a wee update as to how thinks are going...like can this be coming before Crissssmass!?   :)

Offline ic07

« Reply #941 on: Sat, 01 December 2012, 19:52:27 »
Ooo.. Nope, no getting this by Christmas, sorry.. Lol. We're getting there though. Everything's done, except I think we're probably waiting in case options. Then we'll be waiting on massdrop to get the polling done, then the group buy. Then we'll be waiting for parts to ship (which might take a second for the PCBs, and maybe other parts depending on what you want). And then the people who want assembly will be waiting for that. Dunno enough to give better estimates of time right now, but that's how I'm understanding things at the moment - just to post a rough idea - :)

Offline TheGrey

« Reply #942 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 07:51:20 »
update much appreciated ic07 ! ;)

Offline bisl

« Reply #943 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 18:40:02 »
I've been pretty silent with this for a while, and I apologize--I'm working with Massdrop on getting the polls set up, but I want to get all the bases covered before I start shopping links around to direct everyone there. They had a good prototype poll set up, but it was missing a crucial option for PCB + Case. Once it's up with all the major ordering options I'll hit the thread with links.

Offline bisl

« Reply #944 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 09:06:06 »
Hey all! I heard back from Massdrop yesterday, and they have the poll set up for us. Please drop by and let them know what you'd like out of the Ergodox, be it the full kit, the PCB alone, or the PCB + Case, etc. This will help them work out price break information.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: Wed, 05 December 2012, 09:36:09 by bisl »

Offline BugBuster

• LinkedIn Profile
« Reply #945 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 10:10:01 »
What's the difference between "1. Full Kit" and "6. Full kit + Cases + PCBs"? Is it about assembling?

What kind of case we are voting for atm: aluminium, acryllic, smth else? Or is it still TBD?

Offline bisl

« Reply #946 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 10:26:29 »
What's the difference between "1. Full Kit" and "6. Full kit + Cases + PCBs"? Is it about assembling?

What kind of case we are voting for atm: aluminium, acryllic, smth else? Or is it still TBD?

They've made a separate poll for the case type. I don't believe this will be a winner-take-all thing, but rather just for them to gauge who wants what so they can shop the orders accordingly. I believe everyone is getting what they want in this case.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 December 2012, 11:58:13 by bisl »

Offline asura

• not a duck
« Reply #947 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 17:40:29 »
Voted.

Offline Leandros

« Reply #948 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 06:54:03 »
Voted, too.

Also I'am interested in buying one.

Offline engicoder

« Reply #949 on: Fri, 07 December 2012, 08:10:07 »
Anyone else having trouble with the Massdrop site. It annoying pops up a sign in doesn't seem to allow me to sign up. Clicking the signup button does nothing. I don't use Facebook, so that is not an option. There is no way to contact them for help as the signup popup has no such links.

Solved: You can ignore the popup and click "login" in the upper right corner of the page even though it is greyed out...that will take you to a page with a "Signup" link on it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 December 2012, 08:13:54 by engicoder »