Author Topic: Keycap of Mystery  (Read 219398 times)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
Re: Keycap of Mystery
« Reply #750 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 05:49:39 »
I may or may not have received a blue keycap, but I wouldn't turn down a grey/orange one.

Clearly this is run by leesofi to further celebrate his gray/orange dolch set.

This man started the thread! :D

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #751 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 14:48:59 »
So yeah they are row r4 too bad I can't keep 4 of them lol

I was thinking about how to do this fairly, so I selected the first two people that responded to the thread that were eligible (i.e. don't have a blue one).

That means that I will send 5 (1 to keep , 4 to give) to tjcaustin and 4 (1 to keep , 3 to give) to nikogasm

That's how I understand the rules of the game from the little piece of paper, so now you can bother these two for the next round of distribution.

Still waiting on addresses from: tjcausting and nikogasm
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #752 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 14:57:24 »
Not from me anymore :P

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #753 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 14:59:16 »
Not from me anymore :P

And I can bug tj! Woot! Look into my girlshark wizard eyes and send one to Canadaaaa

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #754 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 15:18:56 »
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM how odd, kawa is doing a geekhack package and orange is one of the new mystery keycap colors.

NICE TRY MR. E KAWA
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #755 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 16:21:31 »
I'm as happy as a fat kid with cake. Now comes my tedious task of deciding who to send mine to.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #756 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 16:36:37 »
Let me help you with that task Niko :-*

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #757 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 16:40:18 »
I'll be happy to help too! :D
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #758 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 16:45:22 »
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM how odd, kawa is doing a geekhack package and orange is one of the new mystery keycap colors.

NICE TRY MR. E KAWA

Heehee, mister e.

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #759 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 16:53:05 »
Wow!  I thought this thread was dead since no one posted about receiving mystery keycaps for a while, and now there is a new one?! 

That arrow cluster looks really good!  But it would be impossible to collect/trade to get 4 of these for a arrow cluster.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #760 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 17:13:01 »
^ Impossible, says the man with $250 in his avatar.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline litster

« Reply #761 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 17:29:35 »
hey, I didn't pay $250 for my Cherry red Esc.  Someone else did.  But I guess if there is a will, there is a way.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #762 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 17:40:34 »
lol if someone wants a cluster of mystery key caps bad enough they will pay whatever for them :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #763 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 17:55:18 »
lol if someone wants a cluster of mystery key caps bad enough they will pay whatever for them :))

Pretty sure DanGWanG could make a cluster of them. He got one from someone (himself), then demik sent the rest of his to Dan. So Dan should have like 8 total of the original blue ones. Unless he sent some of them out, but this thread went cold after that.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #764 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 18:10:44 »
Hey Dan! I'd like a blue one please :)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #765 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 18:16:02 »

NICE TRY MR. E KAWA

Heehee, mister e.

First use of "Mr. E. Kawa" here:
Mr. E. Kawa
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #766 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 19:19:32 »
hey, I didn't pay $250 for my Cherry red Esc.  Someone else did.  But I guess if there is a will, there is a way.

How much did you pay for the MX5000? :p

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #767 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 19:26:42 »

I bet it was over $MX9000.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #768 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 19:28:14 »

Pretty sure DanGWanG could make a cluster of them. He got one from someone (himself), then demik sent the rest of his to Dan. So Dan should have like 8 total of the original blue ones. Unless he sent some of them out, but this thread went cold after that.

Haha!  I was just trolling >_>  I didn't snipe all of them!  No conspiracies here....

Offline litster

« Reply #769 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 19:28:35 »

Too much...  But I love it!  I use it everyday.  Now, if I could have the mystery arrow cluster on my MX5000....

Offline litster

« Reply #770 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 19:29:38 »
Haha!  I was just trolling >_>  I didn't snipe all of them!  No conspiracies here....

Where have they gone?

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #771 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 19:52:06 »
Has the mystery begun again?
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #772 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 20:17:57 »
NO! There is no mystery CLiB... Kawa keeps sending them you dummy! :P

Offline Munzter

« Reply #773 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 20:38:43 »
how does one become a deserving member for consideration of these mystery keys? 

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #774 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 20:46:13 »

NICE TRY MR. E KAWA

Heehee, mister e.

Mr. E. Kawa

I'm assuming you have an AF cap?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #775 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 20:57:46 »
I still never got a blue one... wanted one :P These ones look good too
I love Elzy

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #776 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:24:47 »

NICE TRY MR. E KAWA

Heehee, mister e.

Mr. E. Kawa

I'm assuming you have an AF cap?

If you mean me, no, I don't have one. But I have been following this thread since it's beginning, when dorkvader (red dvorak) received his and posted about it. demik has one.

in memoriam

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #777 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:27:37 »
I'll be getting the mystery caps next (after tjcaustin), who wants them that doesn't have one?
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #778 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:30:41 »
I'll be getting the mystery caps next (after tjcaustin), who wants them that doesn't have one?

orly?

in memoriam

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #779 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:31:01 »
Nono, I did it different.

I'm mailing one to four different people because I'm odd.  That's why I was asking if the fellow Texican had one (check your PMs).

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #780 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:35:44 »

I'm mailing one to four different people because I'm odd.  That's why I was asking if the fellow Texican had one (check your PMs).

Show your bordering state Louisiana some lovin' ;)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #781 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:37:19 »

Sweet I thought I would have to pass on the other 3 caps
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #782 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:38:31 »

Show your bordering state Louisiana some lovin' ;)

I have one more person I'm waiting to verify if they own an AF or not, if they don't expect a PM from me.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #783 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:48:48 »
I have neither.  Just sayin ;)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #784 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:49:32 »

but then you're not following directions and risking kawa not doing this anymore.

don't be THAT guy that ruins it for everybody

Offline NikoGasm

• Platinum mad.
    • Twitch
« Reply #785 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:51:42 »

Yeah, I'm doing it the same way. I've already decided 2/3 recipients. Still working on picking the third and final.
| MX Mini | Ducky DK1087 | A87 |

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #786 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 21:54:55 »
holy **** you guys can't read can you?

get one, pass it along. not "send these to your friends"

if that was it, i would have done the same thing. but no, WITHOUT RULES WE HAVE ANARCHY.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #787 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:01:38 »
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!

Other than that, I've got a whole lot of nothing.

Well, besides the actual instructions which don't mention sending the rest to one person to do the same daisy chain thing -

As I've mentioned, I'm taking one and sending the rest to people that do not have the AF key.  Would you like one?  You'll have to three-way spaghetti arm wrestle for it if Kelly ends up having an AF key, but yeah.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:03:30 by tjcaustin »

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #788 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:05:20 »
So I guess we have different interpretations of what the rules mean. Let me say a few things.

1. If I picked who I wanted to send the keycaps to without trying to be fair neither of you would have gotten them.

2. What you are doing is bull****! and not fair to other members

With that I will say no more of the topic other than I DO NOT APPROVE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING!, but I am a man of my word and will send the keycaps as promised since I didn't make the rules and it is up to interpretation.

All I know is that you could both be accepting money or trades for these keys.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #789 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:10:23 »
The **** are you on about?

I picked four people to send these keys to.  I said "send me an address if you don't have an AF key".  THE ****ING END

And you know what, I'm about ready to say **** it and not send it to me, because there's nothing different about the words "Take one, send the rest to people (that's multiple, as in more than one) that don't have an AF key"

Offline litster

« Reply #790 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:11:40 »
I guess to be fair, just like what whiskerbox is doing, the receivers of these caps should be publicly named.

Please name me.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #791 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:13:40 »
I have neither, if anyone feels like sending one to Australia.

@whiskerBox: Did you only get 10 as shown in your first recent picture?

And, actually the instructions last time were a bit more explicit:

Instruction:
* Take one keycap
* Mail the remaining keycaps and instruction strips to the next person of your choosing

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #792 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:15:54 »

Instruction:
* Take one keycap
* Mail the remaining keycaps and instruction strips to the next person of your choosing

^This exactly

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #793 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:18:32 »
Are we going off of "what happened last time" or what the instructions say to do this time?

Additionally, since what I've done is bull****, even though until now you don't know what I did, I sent a pm to kellybear and halverson because they were third and fourth to express interest in these keys (following the example you set, btw), I sent one to jd because he's a fellow Texican and it's much too big for only one cap and the_beast was the fourth just because.  I also expected niko to have picked at least one of the others that expressed interest in the cap which is why I hadn't contacted kmiller.

Now, do you want to talk **** about how I did it wrong and "got trades or money for this" or can we be grown ups again?

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #794 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:19:02 »

Instruction:
* Take one keycap

^This exactly

Except you didn't do that.  Nor do the current instructions mention doing that.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #795 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:21:25 »
So yeah they are row r4 too bad I can't keep 4 of them lol

Show Image

I was thinking about how to do this fairly, so I selected the first two people that responded to the thread that were eligible (i.e. don't have a blue one).

That means that I will send 5 (1 to keep , 4 to give) to tjcaustin and 4 (1 to keep , 3 to give) to nikogasm

That's how I understand the rules of the game from the little piece of paper, so now you can bother these two for the next round of distribution.

Still waiting on addresses from: tjcausting and nikogasm
Just a quick thought to maybe equalize the profile a little bit...since an MX stem is symetrical and the logo (this time) is symetrical, flip the top arrow key 180 degrees. Preferably for our viewing pleasure. :P

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #796 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:27:31 »
You can send one to Singapore! I can pay the shipping if you want!

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #797 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:34:31 »
I never specifically said that "You" personally were accepting cash or trade, I just said you "COULD". Frankly it doesn't matter what I think. I will send the keys as previously stated even though I don't necessarily agree with your distribution methods. You are correct in your assumption that the instructions are indeed ambiguous. So do as you please and let our peers be the judge of what is right and wrong in this situation.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #798 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:36:11 »
Oi...kids these days.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #799 on: Thu, 25 October 2012, 22:41:35 »
I'm pissed off about this.  I followed the instructions posted for this cap to the letter "take one, send the rest to other people that don't have an AF cap" and I'm told I'm doing it wrong.  People >1 person, how is there room for interpretation there, especially when whisker's chose two people instead of one person and didn't get this backlash?

I explain how I came to my decision(picking people that expressed interest in this thread, plus one random), which I think followed whisker's model rather well and I'm essentially told that I'm still wrong and that everyone thinks I'm wrong.