Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20289758 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #1852 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:08:26 »

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #1853 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:11:04 »
Wow, looks awesome

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1854 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:12:05 »
I hate you just a little bit
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1855 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 20:12:33 »
nice case :)
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #1856 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 21:55:41 »
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1857 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 22:29:02 »
That's nice :)  But I feel for your wallet.

You need to update your sig now.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #1858 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 22:33:19 »

I think this is my last keyboard for now.. and I don't need anymore keys.. Waiting on my CCnG, Valentines day set, Tsagnan for the Choc so I can use my cherry replicas. Woo. Am all set. Still want to try reds I think though.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #1859 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 23:37:17 »

I think this is my last keyboard for now.. and I don't need anymore keys.. Waiting on my CCnG, Valentines day set, Tsagnan for the Choc so I can use my cherry replicas. Woo. Am all set. Still want to try reds I think though.

:cool:
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1860 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 23:39:02 »
willywonka_orly.jpg
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1861 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 23:40:02 »

haha i love how you went frmo "last keyboard" to "still want to try reds" in the same sentence.

U CANT ESCAPE US!
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #1862 on: Wed, 07 November 2012, 23:56:19 »

haha i love how you went frmo "last keyboard" to "still want to try reds" in the same sentence.

U CANT ESCAPE US!
I said "for now" :p

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #1863 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 00:09:35 »

Stop lying to yourself ;)

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #1864 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 00:15:14 »

U CANT ESCAPE US!

Just like how I bought my first Das keyboard, and thought to myself "Why did I buy such an expensive keyboard?", and then.. there's no looking back. :(
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #1865 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 00:27:14 »

U CANT ESCAPE US!

Just like how I bought my first Das keyboard, and thought to myself "Why did I buy such an expensive keyboard?", and then.. there's no looking back. :(
Kind of how I feel now that I know how cheap the CCnG GB originally was.  :confused:

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #1866 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 00:32:22 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 16:35:09 by esoomenona »

Offline MissMurd3r84

« Reply #1867 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 00:40:38 »
^You paid what you paid because you wanted to pay that. What difference does it make how much it cost at one point? People sell dollars that are worth literally on dollar for thousands.
Am just glad it wasn't a lot higher than it could have gone. I just hadn't realised it was as low as it was originally, so I was a bit surprised. Though considering how much some have paid for it, I got a bargain still.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #1868 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:25:00 »
I got my Graphite set today! Too bad it doesn't fit my Leopold... grr.

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1869 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 16:48:58 »
^ you get some good stuff. graphite is one of the best looking sets out there.

Offline osxoep

« Reply #1870 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 17:38:09 »
Not anything to do with KB, but I got my Halo 4 :)
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1871 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 17:40:10 »
Not anything to do with KB, but I got my Halo 4 :)

If it comes in the mail, you can post it here. :D

Got a package from TechKeys today.  Just some miscellaneous keycaps, but more importantly:

And a pic of my entire TechKeys business card collection:

« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:26:47 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1872 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 17:43:22 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 November 2012, 17:45:07 by The_Beast »

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1873 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 17:44:21 »
Neither do those links, just go to Micro Focus web site.

Offline dc

« Reply #1874 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 18:10:05 »
Got my WASD color samples today.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1875 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:28:29 »
Ah, ok I see now... apparently SMF hates FTP servers.  I can't post links to FTPs with the [url] tags either...

Copy pasta into your URL bar... too lazy to move the pics now.

FTP?  What year is this?

Picasa
Imgur
Photobucket
Imageshack
etc.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1876 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:29:34 »
Ah, ok I see now... apparently SMF hates FTP servers.  I can't post links to FTPs with the [url] tags either...

FTP?  What year is this?

Picasa
Imgur
Photobucket
Imageshack
etc.
I host an FTP server for large files that drop box doesn't like.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1877 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:31:59 »

FTP?  What year is this?

Picasa
Imgur
Photobucket
Imageshack
etc.

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1878 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:32:20 »
This is AD 2012.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1879 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:34:12 »
QWERkeys was running some kind of promotion.  Went for RGB
7492-0

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1880 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:38:22 »
neither do any of those image hosting services that are designed to host and serve images within a browser. you're shoehorning protocols where they don't belong!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1881 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:44:18 »
you misunderstood me

ftp isn't the right protocol for hosting files to be accessed and processed by an http server. thats what http is for :)

set up an nginx server pointing at your ftp directory and make a frontend or allow directory listing and access the files via http. just use ftp for transferring them in and out!

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1882 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:49:45 »
Oh believe me, if I could host my files with HTTP I would... but my damn ISP blocks port 80, so I can't host HTTP on my server... so I have to stick with an FTP server.

you can set up http on any port. to access files on a port other than 80 in your browser just append :portnumber to the end of the domain (ie http://geekhack.com:12345/pics/whatever.png)

no guarantees that SMF will play nice with nonstandard ports though :(

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #1883 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:49:59 »
Host on port 81 and use this kind of link  http://example.com:81/data/myimage.jpg

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1884 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 19:50:21 »
you can set up http on any port. to access files on a port other than 80 in your browser just append :portnumber to the end of the domain (ie http://geekhack.com:12345/pics/whatever.png)

no guarantees that SMF will play nice with nonstandard ports though :(

It doesn't, I'm pretty sure I've tried it already lol...

Hmm... I wonder if port 443 (HTTPS) is blocked...

EDIT: Port 81 works.  :D
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:29:17 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1885 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 20:49:42 »
QWERkeys was running some kind of promotion.  Went for RGB
(Attachment Link)

Except that is RBG.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #1886 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:10:56 »
@CLiB

Where/how do you make those sigs, they look pretty neat  :))

Offline jeroplane

« Reply #1887 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:36:38 »
@CLiB

The templates are here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=19113.0 :)

My signature hasn't changed since 2012. I should really update it.

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #1888 on: Thu, 08 November 2012, 21:55:15 »
@CLiB

The templates are here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=19113.0 :)

Wow nice, time to join the pixel art sig crew  :cool:

Thanks!

Offline phetto

• HHKB JP
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1889 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:26:17 »
Got these goodies from uk =)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1890 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:30:19 »
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1891 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 08:44:36 »
Agreed! I love the sticker on my car and the geekhack key to replace my menu key!

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1892 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 11:26:07 »
Mmmm...KMAC arrived. 

Yes, I know there's no tsangsan kit on it.  I also got a Teensy 2.0 in the mail for my F-122 mod and some stepped cherry keycaps from placeboguy.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #1893 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 11:30:59 »
Mmmm...KMAC arrived. 

Show Image

Yes, I know there's no tsangsan kit on it.  I also got a Teensy 2.0 in the mail for my F-122 mod and some stepped cherry keycaps from placeboguy.

Looks nice... would look nicer with some 1.5x mods and the right sized space bar. :P
tp thread is tp thread

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #1894 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 11:33:47 »
Mmmm...KMAC arrived. 

Show Image

Looks nice... would look nicer with some 1.5x mods and the right sized space bar. :P

Lol yup...working on it. 
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1895 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 12:27:26 »
Looks a bit derp

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #1896 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 12:28:46 »
Looks a bit derp

Show Image

Hey Beast...I think I'm going to mail you a Costco sized tub of peanut butter to go with all that Jelly you have right now.
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #1897 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 12:31:18 »
I HAVE A SAMS CLUB NEAR ME, IF I WANT 12 DESKS WORTH THE PEANUT BUTTER I'LL GET IT MYSELF

(and send you the invoice)

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #1898 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 13:40:37 »
that KMAC looks sad

----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #1899 on: Fri, 09 November 2012, 13:50:24 »
that KMAC looks sad
Show Image

T___T

Need me a tsangsan set.
| KBD75 (box reds)