Author Topic: Post your Poker!  (Read 1030701 times)

Offline shantanujoshi

Re: Post your Poker!
« Reply #2600 on: Mon, 02 February 2015, 19:52:04 »
Died my poker keycaps blue and pink and threw on a blue tex alu case ;)
89531-0
89537-1
89533-2
89535-3
Never judge a man by his post count
[Hasu 55g HHKB PINK RFs] [GON HHKB Zeals] [GON TKL w/ Erg Clears] [IBM SSK] [VE.A Zeliostotles] [Ergodox Gatistotles]

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2601 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 03:40:34 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Excellent job with the dying!  It looks very consistent across the board :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Tyrosh22

« Reply #2602 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 03:42:31 »
Meow.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2603 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 03:47:10 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Love the color combo. Nice work!
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #2604 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 04:01:31 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Nice! May I ask what die did you use? I have white stock poker 2 keycaps too.  :p

Offline charlaph

« Reply #2605 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 15:54:15 »
Show Image

This is glorious, suits it so well.

Offline shantanujoshi

« Reply #2606 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 17:52:05 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Nice! May I ask what die did you use? I have white stock poker 2 keycaps too.  :p
yup i used the idye poly turquoise and pink dyes. did about three coats but wish I had blanks instead. Gonna do it again on dsa blanka if I can
Never judge a man by his post count
[Hasu 55g HHKB PINK RFs] [GON HHKB Zeals] [GON TKL w/ Erg Clears] [IBM SSK] [VE.A Zeliostotles] [Ergodox Gatistotles]

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2607 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 04:56:48 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Nice! May I ask what die did you use? I have white stock poker 2 keycaps too. 
yup i used the idye poly turquoise and pink dyes. did about three coats but wish I had blanks instead. Gonna do it again on dsa blanka if I can
Are the legends still visible on alpha too? Were they the stock Poker keys?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Prelim

« Reply #2608 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 10:00:00 »

2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Rainman

« Reply #2609 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:17:13 »
Hello to all Poker owners. I have a question and I hope some of you might help me out a bit. I was looking to get my hands on a grey case Poker II but unfortunately I wasnt able to buy one. Anyways, now I found a seller who has a White Poker II that I could buy, but the thing is that I really dont like white and I was thinking to actually buy a new aluminium case with dark keycaps set and actually mod the white poker so it looks like a black one but Im afraid the white plate around switches might be visible inbetween and around the keycaps and I wouldnt want that. So my question is would the white plate be visible to that extent that its noticable when lookijg at the poker from top and side? Hope someone can reply
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 February 2015, 08:56:11 by Rainman »
Rocking Poker 2 with vintage MX Blacks

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2610 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:19:07 »
Hello to all Poker owners. I jave a question and I hope some of you might help me out a bit. I was looking to get my hands on a grey case Poker II but unfortunately I wasnt able to buy one. (Qtan deal failed because of shipping problems to ny country.) Anyways, now I found a seller who has a White Poker II that I could buy, but the thing is that I really dont like white and I was thinking to actually buy a new aluminium case with dark keycaps set and actually mod the white poker so it looks like a black one but Im afraid the white plate around switches might be visible inbetween and around the keycaps and I wouldnt want that. So my question is would the white plate be visible to that extent that its noticable when lookijg at the poker from top and side? Hope someone can reply
If this is a low profile ALU case I'd say yes but let's see what others think.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #2611 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 03:19:51 »
Hello to all Poker owners. I jave a question and I hope some of you might help me out a bit. I was looking to get my hands on a grey case Poker II but unfortunately I wasnt able to buy one. (Qtan deal failed because of shipping problems to ny country.) Anyways, now I found a seller who has a White Poker II that I could buy, but the thing is that I really dont like white and I was thinking to actually buy a new aluminium case with dark keycaps set and actually mod the white poker so it looks like a black one but Im afraid the white plate around switches might be visible inbetween and around the keycaps and I wouldnt want that. So my question is would the white plate be visible to that extent that its noticable when lookijg at the poker from top and side? Hope someone can reply
From the photos I've seen, white plate are very visible.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline snipars

« Reply #2612 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 11:15:01 »
unfortunately i don't like the MX clears in my poker 2, but it looks nice as heck IMO
Duck Octagon + Gateron Black |HHKB Pro 2 | Poker 2 + Vintage Black + Tex case | Unicomp Ultra Classic | WASD V2 |

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2613 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 11:50:54 »
unfortunately i don't like the MX clears in my poker 2, but it looks nice as heck IMO
Show Image

Push your 1 key down hard, please!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #2614 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 12:09:36 »
Show Image

That's one nice case :thumb:
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline snipars

« Reply #2615 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 12:09:57 »
Show Image

that was when i'd just installed the keycaps and LED changers so that key wasn't fully pushed down 
it's a shame the LED changers don't fit with the vortex PBT+POM keycaps as i'm not aware of any other good backlit compatible keycaps
Duck Octagon + Gateron Black |HHKB Pro 2 | Poker 2 + Vintage Black + Tex case | Unicomp Ultra Classic | WASD V2 |

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #2616 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 12:30:26 »
Show Image

that was when i'd just installed the keycaps and LED changers so that key wasn't fully pushed down 
it's a shame the LED changers don't fit with the vortex PBT+POM keycaps as i'm not aware of any other good backlit compatible keycaps

Ah that sucks. Looks like a great board but that one key makes my insides twist  :p  Maybe you can sand down the changers a bit?

Offline snipars

« Reply #2617 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 13:24:57 »
Show Image

Ah that sucks. Looks like a great board but that one key makes my insides twist  :p  Maybe you can sand down the changers a bit?

That might work,  but not worth doing I don't think since I don't like the switches

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2618 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:03:26 »
Show Image

It is so beautiful! I definitely love the low profile case. Which case is it?

Offline snipars

« Reply #2619 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:06:15 »
Show Image

it's the pexon 60% aluminium silver case

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2620 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 14:20:23 »
Show Image

Fair enough. Thanks.

Offline Rainman

« Reply #2621 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 06:02:33 »

I took the plunge and ordered a white poker II from Netherland based vendor. I decided to mod it a bit with dark case and some darkish keycaps. The problem with white plate being visible under dark keycaps I plan to solve by painting the plate with a metal paint with a very thin brush. If anyone thinks that painting the plate this way is a bad idea let me know guys before I spoil my first poker. :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 February 2015, 06:04:14 by Rainman »

Offline Roibhilin

• Saver of Humens
« Reply #2622 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 00:16:02 »

I took the plunge and ordered a white poker II from Netherland based vendor. I decided to mod it a bit with dark case and some darkish keycaps. The problem with white plate being visible under dark keycaps I plan to solve by painting the plate with a metal paint with a very thin brush. If anyone thinks that painting the plate this way is a bad idea let me know guys before I spoil my first poker. :)
that probably isn't a good idea because if any of it gets on the switches the solvent might mess up the casing or ruin the switch if it somehow gets in from between the housing and the stem :v
i would remove the plate and dismount the switches and then spray paint/paint it

QFR | Poker II | Quickfire TK

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #2623 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 09:12:10 »
Show Image

I think we have the same case  ;D

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2624 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 10:08:10 »
Show Image

What key set is that?

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2625 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 11:18:26 »
Show Image

What key set is that?

Isn't it the first version of the granite with some RGBY (etc.) modifiers?

Offline snipars

« Reply #2626 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 11:40:28 »
Show Image

What key set is that?

Vortex PBT+POM keycaps,  not great with MX clear imo

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2627 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 14:58:19 »
Show Image

What key set is that?

Isn't it the first version of the granite with some RGBY (etc.) modifiers?

Damn my bad I thought you quote the last picture. I didn't check which picture it was. My comment is out of topic then. Forget it  :p .

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2628 on: Sun, 08 February 2015, 14:58:56 »
Show Image

What key set is that?

Vortex PBT+POM keycaps,  not great with MX clear imo

They look nice though, I suppose they are OEM profile.

Offline Tyrosh22

« Reply #2629 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 01:52:59 »
My poker II just arrived.

*sobs*
Meow.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #2630 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 02:11:05 »

Show Image

*sobs*
Damn, where did you order it from?

Offline Tyrosh22

« Reply #2631 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 02:17:55 »
It came from here. The seller has offered me to send me 2 caps and one red switch, I whish I had ordered it without backlighting. It would be so easy to replace the broken stem ...
I don't know how to solder/desolder the LED, but I don't see any other options.
Meow.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #2632 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 02:46:39 »
It came from here. The seller has offered me to send me 2 caps and one red switch, I whish I had ordered it without backlighting. It would be so easy to replace the broken stem ...
I don't know how to solder/desolder the LED, but I don't see any other options.
The link doesn't seem to work, but man that sucks. At least it's the right ctrl, which isn't super used, so you can use it till you can get it fixed. You can ask someone like dorkvader to fix it for you (I only reccomend him since we are buddies IRL and he has done work for me before) but I would wait a bit and see if there are any other things you would like him to do.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2633 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 03:52:40 »

Show Image

*sobs*

Damn you're unlucky. I've never seen this before. Was it broken when it arrived or did you break when you tried to pull out the key cap?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2634 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 04:04:59 »

Show Image

*sobs*

Damn you're unlucky. I've never seen this before. Was it broken when it arrived or did you break when you tried to pull out the key cap?

I'd guess the corner of the box was also squashed?  Or at least shows signs of having been squashed during transit.

No mention of replacing it?  Kinda awkward to have to resolder a switch on a new keyboard you just bought!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2635 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 07:18:54 »

Show Image

*sobs*

I'd guess the corner of the box was also squashed?  Or at least shows signs of having been squashed during transit.

No mention of replacing it?  Kinda awkward to have to resolder a switch on a new keyboard you just bought!

Yeah that's for sure. At least you'll have an opportunity to learn how to solder if you don't already know.

Offline Tyrosh22

« Reply #2636 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 08:21:29 »
It came that way. When I was unboxing it I noticed the right CTRL and PN caps were looking funny. However the caps were not just - as I initially thought - loose, they were broken. The PN key I was able to fix easily by replacing it with one of the colored caps that came with the board. The right CTRL switch is broken, which means I'll have to replace it.
I have contacted the seller and he offered me to send the caps and the switch. For returning the keyboard I'd have to pay the shipping from Germany to China (and the other way around were I to order another one) - so I'll try to fix the board myself. It is indeed a good moment to gain some basic soldering skills.

Show Image

What key set is that?

Yeah, and what case? It looks really stunning! What a shame that you dislike the switches. Are you going to change them?
Meow.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #2637 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 08:57:52 »

It came that way. When I was unboxing it I noticed the right CTRL and PN caps were looking funny. However the caps were not just - as I initially thought - loose, they were broken. The PN key I was able to fix easily by replacing it with one of the colored caps that came with the board. The right CTRL switch is broken, which means I'll have to replace it.
I have contacted the seller and he offered me to send the caps and the switch. For returning the keyboard I'd have to pay the shipping from Germany to China (and the other way around were I to order another one) - so I'll try to fix the board myself. It is indeed a good moment to gain some basic soldering skills.

Show Image

What key set is that?

Yeah, and what case? It looks really stunning! What a shame that you dislike the switches. Are you going to change them?

Show Image

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2638 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 09:18:52 »

Show Image

*sobs*

That should have to be a heavy hit to brake the caps and stem.

Offline snipars

« Reply #2639 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 09:37:59 »

Show Image

What key set is that?

The pexon 60% silver case, i don't plan on changing the switches, in a few days i'll be getting another poker with vintage blacks that i'm hoping i'll enjoy more and then sell the one in the picture

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #2640 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 10:05:53 »
Show Image

That's one sexy Poker.

Offline Tyrosh22

« Reply #2641 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 10:11:14 »
Oops, sorry for asking twice! It just looks so stunning. :eek:
Meow.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2642 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 17:29:48 »

In that case I wish you very good luck in fixing it!

If you're not familiar with soldering maybe find an old PCB from something (discarded DVDplayer, TV etc.) and practice desoldering and soldering on it.

Offline captvizcenzo

« Reply #2643 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:43:47 »

Show Image

What key set is that?

The pexon 60% silver case, i don't plan on changing the switches, in a few days i'll be getting another poker with vintage blacks that i'm hoping i'll enjoy more and then sell the one in the picture

I think the case is ikbc/vortex aluminum poker case.

When you said pexon case, this came up to my mind first. Pexon had a GB for this case.

Anyway it's not easy to differentiate which is which, not like the Hammer, MKC, and FMJ cases.   ;)

Offline snipars

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #2645 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 13:13:46 »

its a KBPv60... close enough  ;)
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #2646 on: Tue, 10 February 2015, 13:31:39 »
Really nice photos PunksDead of a great looking board.

Offline Rainman

« Reply #2647 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 10:27:04 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hi, what case is this and do the Poker cases fit the v60 case ?

Offline Tyrosh22

« Reply #2648 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 10:28:24 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looking really good!  :thumb:
Meow.

Offline snipars

« Reply #2649 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 11:38:00 »
Today i got a new poker2 from GH user Bromono 
It's a poker 2 with lubed+stickered vintage MX blacks and a Tex case 

also included was a set of PBT keycaps, a gaskmask keycap, a griffiti case and a pexon cable!
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 February 2015, 11:41:21 by snipars »