Author Topic: ZOMG Imsto Dyesub Group Buy: Leftovers Available!  (Read 186363 times)

Offline dieseldog49

Re: ZOMG Imsto Dyesub Group Buy Reboot [Orders Open]
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 00:33:54 »
I will be waiting, what are the chances of a professor key?

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #201 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 00:51:29 »
Would love to see a Futurama Set! 1 of each of the main casts heads on a key would be awesome, and I would definitely buy them! Maybe even a complete Bender on Num + or Num Enter?!  Exclamation points!!!  :)) Sorry the idea of Fututama keys excites me greatly, as would American Dad, Family Guy, Simpsons keys etc. Would be in for 1 of each set.

A 13+ key Futurama set would be sick.

Something like these characters (I would swap Nixon for Scruffy) Maybe add moms 3 sons and a couple of other popular characters, the planet express ship, logo etc. So maybe 16 - 20 in total. If there is 26 MLP keys this can be done surely :)

Done something like this

Could this possibly be done? I personally would love a set. Maybe I could start a separate IC but I have no idea how to go about it and wouldn't want to step on any toes as there will be a zoidberg key at the least in this set.

Maybe we could work on design / ideas for it together Ragnorock?

I am happy to do up some designs and see what people think, i will do a few then post them here, if there is interest and a possibility of a set like the MLP ones then I will do more.

Any feedback, suggestions etc will be much appreciated.

Would something simple like this be desirable? More complex? Head only (no background)? let me know.
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 January 2013, 02:45:45 by MattBuzzy »

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 03:18:52 »
I've already got far more designs than I originally wanted in this group buy, and it has been delayed for way too long as it is. I already have a Zoidberg legend ready, we could do a Futurama GB later if this one turns out well. Zoidberg is a meme so I'm comfortable doing him standalone. So far I have confirmed that what Changdrew was trying to accomplish with this group buy was extremely difficult and time consuming, which is probably why he never delivered. As for feedback on the designs, yeah you really should get rid of the backgrounds, the legend will look much better.

Offline MattBuzzy

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 04:10:06 »
Yeah sounds good, after this one is done we can organise a Futurama one later :).

Will do Images with pure white backgrounds so they look really good.

Thanks for the feedback Ragnorock, and would be more than happy to help organise a Futurama GB if this one turns out well  ;D

Offline dieseldog49

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 10:30:35 »
Matt hit me up I have a few ideas for futurama keys. I will definitely be in for the zoidberg here plus a couple others possibly.

Offline spash11

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 02 February 2013, 12:20:02 »
Hey guys, just wondering whether this group buy is still on? Very keen tol order some sc2 keys upon confirmation :D

Offline dieseldog49

« Reply #206 on: Sun, 03 February 2013, 04:36:10 »
yep still going, just waiting for a few more designs to be finished.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 12 February 2013, 00:39:26 »
Teasers:

Vectors are done. Order form update etc. coming tomorrow: I have the day off and a gnarly headache at the moment. Be excited, but I'm going to remind everyone right now before we start taking orders for these... I have no idea how they are going to turn out, so I'm not responsible if some of them don't work out! That said, some of them should turn out pretty awesome, I'm excited to have the painful, slow, annoying process over with.

Offline file_id

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 18:10:45 »
Interested. Has the google doc list been updated yet?
DS3 White YOTS (Blue)|Poker 2 (Blue,Clear)|QFR Rapid-i TKL (Brown,Blue)|QFR Rapid TKL (Blue,Red,Brown)|KBP V60 (Blue,Clear,Matias Click)|Code TKL Clear|Filco MJ2 TKL (Blue)|Filco MJ2 Ninja Beige TKL (Brown)|Novatouch

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 20:41:30 »
Dave, I was already on the confirmed list, but I submitted my order again. I just need the new order, not whatever it was before. Thanks!

Interested. Has the google doc list been updated yet?

Yes, it's current as of yesterday, so sayeth the form. You have until the 28th to get orders in.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 21:39:51 »
Yeah, about that. I started editing it and my cold was like nope.jpg. Feeling better today, but its valentines so my hands are tied. >.> Going to make a quick edit so that the confusion is gone and then update it for reals tomorrow. Adding the ~30 options to the form just takes a while.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 21:47:06 »
Lol, I read your "hands are tired" I was going to congratulate you on a good Valentines day :P

Update with all those stupid things I sent you, I want some silly caps!

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 14 February 2013, 21:53:13 »
Yeah everything is ready to go. I just need to figure out a way to organize it. This group buy is easily twice the size of the ones that Changdrew bailed out of, and I don't blame him anymore for doing so. I'm going to have upwards of 70 different keys to order from, making this easily the largest variety of keys in any group buy ever. Its been a painful process getting everything ready, let alone several real life dramas I've been trying not to use as excuses for delays. But this is it. This group enters its final form tomorrow and ordering closes this weekend. Again, I will send out a notification email to all those who have placed an order when I update the form, so you won't have to worry about checking back on your own. Following that, I will get the novelty group buy into taking orders and hopefully start an IC/order thread for my next full keyset design, which I've been working on for a while but wanted to do this first.

Oh, and thanks for the well wishes, I've gotta go, she's waiting!

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
Re: ZOMG Imsto Dyesub Group Buy: KEYS FINALIZED! Orders close Feb 28th!
« Reply #213 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 02:43:29 »
ORDER FORM UPDATED! Please check the OP for the final changes! Everything is ready to go, I'm about to send out a mass PM notifying everyone, as I realized a mass email would result in privacy concerns. Order away everyone, no reason to wait now!

Dave out.

Offline rindorbrot

« Reply #214 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 04:08:06 »
updated my order.

Offline TheDoc

« Reply #215 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 07:31:27 »
Can I just query this " update your order?" segment

What exactly is going on here. I totally forgot about this group buy, it took so long I just never remembered to check in.

I've received your PM and I guess I'm not clear on the requirement here.

I sent an order form originally with payment, outlining the keys wanted.

Do I need to do something again? Or can the order I sent in with the request of what I wanted, be processed?

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 14:10:28 »
Order sented, I can't wait to see how those designed I suggested came out!

Is there any way I could get 5x of the 8-bit Cherry cherries separately? (at $3 apiece ofc)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #217 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 15:05:06 »
Can I just query this " update your order?" segment

What exactly is going on here. I totally forgot about this group buy, it took so long I just never remembered to check in.

I've received your PM and I guess I'm not clear on the requirement here.

I sent an order form originally with payment, outlining the keys wanted.

Do I need to do something again? Or can the order I sent in with the request of what I wanted, be processed?

I haven't sent out a single invoice yet, so I don't see how it is possible you could have sent payment already. I have updated the first post of this thread with current state of the group buy, and the message I sent out was just to notify everyone that this group buy will be closing shortly and there are new keys available. Several of the people who ordered originally expressed interest in the other keys that were just added, so I said that I would notify everyone who had ordered when it was updated. If you are happy with the original order you sent in, then you don't have to do anything and I will send out invoices shortly. [/i]

Kmiller, I will try and do that since you helped out a bunch with some of the designs. However I'm going to need you to remind me around when orders close so I can manually adjust the actual keys ordered and make the right notes etc. This group buy is MADNESS!

Offline Dianoda

« Reply #218 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 15:12:30 »
Order submitted.  FYI, the order form lists the Cowboy Bebop Jet Black key twice.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 15:20:33 »
Whoops, it shouldn't. Fixed!

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #220 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 15:23:02 »
By the way, I'm seeing absolutely 0 people ordering DOTA or Adventure Time keys individually. Does anyone care if I just offer them in a set? Because that would be MUCH easier lol.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
ZOMG Imsto Dyesub Group Buy: KEYS FINALIZED! Orders close Feb 28th!
« Reply #221 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 15:29:56 »
Sorry, haven't been following this.

If I'm on the confirmed order list, do I need to do anything or am I just to wait?

Thanks!

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #222 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 15:34:45 »
If you are on the confirmed order list, you do not have to do anything if you are happy with your order. It was just a notification in case you wanted to modify your order!

Offline pasph

« Reply #223 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 15:38:01 »
Please cancel my order
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
ZOMG Imsto Dyesub Group Buy: KEYS FINALIZED! Orders close Feb 28th!
« Reply #224 on: Sat, 16 February 2013, 15:39:41 »
By the way, I'm seeing absolutely 0 people ordering DOTA or Adventure Time keys individually. Does anyone care if I just offer them in a set? Because that would be MUCH easier lol.

I should be putting in an order for AT later today, and of course full sets.

Offline TheDoc

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 07:28:01 »
I do apologise,

It appears I was confused with another bulk order that has been going on for a few months. I'll keep my original order as is :)

Thanks and apologies for the confusion,

Offline bisl

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 20:02:02 »
It's too bad there's no blue dice keys for SC2 random. they make a good set together as 4! Order sent.

Offline Gupgup

• * Vendor
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 20:41:33 »
If you are on the confirmed order list, you do not have to do anything if you are happy with your order. It was just a notification in case you wanted to modify your order!

Thanks Rag!

Offline gnubag

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 18 February 2013, 21:53:49 »
does anybody know where the fox is from?

looks fking baller!

Offline witchinghour

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 01:38:00 »
Ordered. Really excited for dota set

Offline theOwlol

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 17:09:41 »
I am just wondering, how many times will you push the dead line?

Offline file_id

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 17:39:25 »
does anybody know where the fox is from?

looks fking baller!

It's from Metal Gear Solid. Kojima uses the image for his business Kojima productions. Check out his baller business cards.
DS3 White YOTS (Blue)|Poker 2 (Blue,Clear)|QFR Rapid-i TKL (Brown,Blue)|QFR Rapid TKL (Blue,Red,Brown)|KBP V60 (Blue,Clear,Matias Click)|Code TKL Clear|Filco MJ2 TKL (Blue)|Filco MJ2 Ninja Beige TKL (Brown)|Novatouch

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 01:18:56 »
It's too bad there's no blue dice keys for SC2 random. they make a good set together as 4! Order sent.
I thought about it, but then I looked back at my group buy for them when I ran the last set of doubleshots... they had very few takers and on top of that the random logo is getting changed for HOTS to something that I didn't think I could make work. The dice has a ? mark on one of the sides. I do have a whole bunch of blank modifier keys that I'm not 100% sure what to do with now because the dyesub SC2 keysets I was working on are a no go, so I may be convinced to include a random logo with those.

I am not going to be pushing the deadline. I have 2,000 keys to sell. After updating the order thread, we've already shot up to ~1,150 keys. If orders hit ~1,900 before the close date I'm going to double check numbers, take a few more last minute orders, and call it good just to be safe in case there aren't exactly 2000 keys. I do also plan on adding to my own order now that I've added additional keys, I just haven't decided yet. If we don't hit 2,000 by the 28th, I am just going to make my best guess as to which keys I think would be good for leftovers and fill in the remaining space with those to sell. I assume nobody has any problems with this because I do not want to oversell keys... and I don't really want to count out all 2,000 of them. I'll probably make a mistake and I'm not going to let my minor OCD slip into the back of my head saying I might have and I should start over. Make no mistake though, I'm going to take an order for every key I can, right up to 1950 or something, I just need some sort of buffer. Leftovers, if there are any, aren't going to be outrageously priced either, I was thinking ~$6.

By the way, I've received 15 orders for the individual DOTA and AT keys, so I will be offering them both ways. Thanks for stepping up and making the work worthwhile!

OP has been updated with the latest confirmed order list and counts.
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2013, 01:33:03 by Ragnorock »

Offline Reomero

• Manual breather
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 02:23:29 »
Order submitted. :)

Offline silentk

« Reply #234 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 12:20:23 »
PM Sent - Would like to revise order

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 13:19:42 »
Copped 3 Fox keys. So dope!

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 15:08:54 »
By the way, I'm not sure if I mentioned this earlier but if you would like to update your order, you can simply submit a new form and I will only count the last entry. Again, that means that your previous order will not count, so order exactly what you want in your updated order, don't just "add more keys."

Offline theOwlol

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 16:04:11 »

I am not going to be pushing the deadline. I have 2,000 keys to sell. After updating the order thread, we've already shot up to ~1,150 keys. If orders hit ~1,900 before the close date I'm going to double check numbers, take a few more last minute orders, and call it good just to be safe in case there aren't exactly 2000 keys. I do also plan on adding to my own order now that I've added additional keys, I just haven't decided yet. If we don't hit 2,000 by the 28th, I am just going to make my best guess as to which keys I think would be good for leftovers and fill in the remaining space with those to sell. I assume nobody has any problems with this because I do not want to oversell keys... and I don't really want to count out all 2,000 of them. I'll probably make a mistake and I'm not going to let my minor OCD slip into the back of my head saying I might have and I should start over. Make no mistake though, I'm going to take an order for every key I can, right up to 1950 or something, I just need some sort of buffer. Leftovers, if there are any, aren't going to be outrageously priced either, I was thinking ~$6.

It's just that when I entered this groupbuy it said 1th of December. You do understand that this is annoying?

It is ok though, just from April I won't be able to receive any mail until next year  :p

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 20:41:11 »
Order submitted _ ATHF *and* Pacman ... totally psyched
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 22:45:46 »

It's just that when I entered this groupbuy it said 1th of December. You do understand that this is annoying?

It is ok though, just from April I won't be able to receive any mail until next year  :p

I meant that this is the absolute deadline, now that everything is prepared, there will be no further delays. My apologies for the wait, believe me it was not intended.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #240 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 15:26:46 »
6 days left! OP updated. I'm not seeing all that many DOTA keys being ordered, I'm not sure the people in the IC got the memo.

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #241 on: Fri, 22 February 2013, 20:04:06 »
i think i have to buy the wu-tang keycap.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline GordonZed

« Reply #242 on: Sat, 23 February 2013, 14:33:52 »
Just ordered 2 Wu-Tangs, a Walter, a Finn, and a Jake. Awesome.

I was going to order just two Wu-Tangs but it dawned on me that these weren't going to be row one keys (wanted to replace Win keys with Wu logos) so of course I bought more to even out my function row.

You guys are right: Geekhack is expensive.

Glad to contribute to the group buy, thanks Ragnorock and everyone else involved.
Filco Majestouch Ninja TKL (MX blue)

Offline Jookia

« Reply #243 on: Sun, 24 February 2013, 18:12:41 »
I'm game.  :D

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 14:34:15 »
OP updated with confirmed orders and new counts. We're literally at 1,337 keys at the moment. Awesome.

Offline mushupork

• I am not knowing
« Reply #245 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 15:10:32 »
Just stop taking orders now and rename this group buy the "Leet Buy"... it gets no better than Leet.

(not serious - but it would be a fun story to tell)
Wanted:  Windowed capslock for a QFR

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #246 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 16:33:02 »
wooo I ordered pac man , bebop , and some fox key!
-wd

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #247 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 18:23:57 »
Just stop taking orders now and rename this group buy the "Leet Buy"... it gets no better than Leet.

(not serious - but it would be a fun story to tell)

Lol, that would have been pretty fun. I'm hoping for around 1,500 total though, because if that's the case I can do a few surprises! :P

Offline GordonZed

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 19:00:43 »
Please tell me I ordered the 1337th :D
Filco Majestouch Ninja TKL (MX blue)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 19:20:59 »
I believe the 1337th key was ordered by Kempher, I dunno, perhaps he wins a surprise or something. ;)