Author Topic: ZOMG Imsto Dyesub Group Buy: Leftovers Available!  (Read 187447 times)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
Re: ZOMG Imsto Dyesub Group Buy: Orders Closed, Sample Pictures!!!
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 02:15:46 »
I can at least have the ZXCV set fixed since I have literally thousands of extras lol. If he has printed the rest of the Pac Man sets just like that one, that's how they're going to be though, as there simply isn't enough room in the extras for that to be corrected at this point. I sent him an email asking those questions, and will come back with some answers soon I'm guessing.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #701 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 06:22:22 »
Elton5354 has volunteered his key for you, as long as you're an Eagle Scout its yours. (SmallFry wanted to make sure everyone that got one was actually an Eagle Scout, so I'm going to follow that too.) Send me a PM with your shipping info and Paypal and I'll add you to the list.

Oh, and MOAR PICTURES!!1!!!!@!!one!1
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

OHMAGERD DEM JIMMIES, AND THOSE ZOIDBERGS. #excite.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #702 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 08:21:20 »
My jimmies are perturbed by the fact that I didn't order any...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #703 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 08:25:54 »
My jimmies are perturbed by the fact that I didn't order any...

#alwayshopeforleftoversextraskeepaneyeoutlightningpmscore!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #704 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 08:31:42 »

Offline witchinghour

« Reply #705 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 09:45:02 »
ez game ez life

Edit: Excellent job & Thankyou
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 July 2013, 09:58:03 by witchinghour »

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #706 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 16:23:39 »
Ok I just got confirmation that all of the Pac Man sets, at least for the Esc row, have been printed. Sorry guys, but that's just how they're going to be... there's no time to send him more keys to fix it with, and there are only a few keys left unprinted at this point. I am sending him a message now to get him to print (or reprint) the ZXCV row keys correctly because I have plenty of ZXCV Row extras to go around... and with the main purpose of them being used as arrow keys, I really want them to be that way.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #707 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 16:27:42 »
I can't even remember what I bought, haha.  If I bought a pacman set, though, I know I'd want them to be looking different ways for use on the arrow keys.  Here's hoping I did order some and they were zxcv row.  :D

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #708 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 18:24:09 »
Looking good, wishing I had ordered more. Might have to pickup some of the extras.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #709 on: Sat, 03 August 2013, 23:53:53 »
To be sure, is the blue circle going to substitute the dark blue ghost?  Or is that cap just not pictured?
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #710 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 01:36:42 »
The set is what is listed, not what is pictured. Though Imsto did print off extra dots instead of extra Cherry keys, so at the moment we're working out which of the keys he's yet to print I can pilfer some of my extras from to cover the mistake. There's about 300 unprinted keys and I only need to find 12 minimum, so that's not going to be a problem, but they haven't shipped yet as a result.

This has been your weekend update, I'm David McClellan, have a good evening.

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #711 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 01:48:33 »
rag, what about dota  2 key caps?

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #712 on: Sun, 04 August 2013, 16:03:27 »

What about the Pokemon keycaps? Or the Fox keycap? Or the other half of the MLP keys? Several of them I haven't seen yet, but to my knowledge Imsto hasn't run into any issues with keycaps not turning out how we want them to. I'll get pictures to you guys when I get them.

Offline Merloobi

« Reply #713 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 02:03:27 »
I'm interested in Dota 2 leftovers if there are any   ^-^

Offline Surnia

« Reply #714 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 22:06:11 »

What about the Pokemon keycaps? Or the Fox keycap? Or the other half of the MLP keys? Several of them I haven't seen yet, but to my knowledge Imsto hasn't run into any issues with keycaps not turning out how we want them to. I'll get pictures to you guys when I get them.

We're more patient? xD

Noppoo Choc Mini with MX Black | Filco 104 MJ2 Ninja with MX Black

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #715 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 02:19:38 »
Interested in a full Adventure Time set if any pop up!

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #716 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:11:30 »
is it possible to give an estimate on how long it would take to us receiving the caps? is it possible to get them within 4 weeks?
Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #717 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:12:42 »
is it possible to give an estimate on how long it would take to us receiving the caps? is it possible to get them within 4 weeks?

I hope he holds onto it for another 2 months just to teach you patience.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #718 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:17:27 »

4000th post, telling someone to learn some damn patience
congrats bro :)) :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #719 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:19:31 »
Damn I totally didn't realize. Been trying to get a screenshot of a good number to post in that thread but I keep missing it. Thanks anyways Dubs ^__^

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #720 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:26:45 »

4000th post, telling someone to learn some damn patience
congrats bro :)) :D

Best spammer NA

I hope it doesn't take too much longer, I have a nice matching color scheme planned out with these Dota caps.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #721 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 15:07:48 »
Ok so I know they haven't shipped yet because we're still working on the final keycaps and optimizing the extras to make sure none of the keys actually ordered are short, whereas I can be short on the extras I bought to sell. They should/will ship this week though, at most there's only a days worth of work left on them and I think Imsto has everything he needs from me and understands what he needs to do to finish them now. I am guesstimating since its the first time for me to get something from him, but it should take a couple of weeks for the keys to get back to me. That means domestic orders should expect their keys within a week and international orders between 2 weeks and a month from then. My plan once I receive the keys is as follows:

>Receive Keys
     -Go through and count everything to make sure it is what I ordered.
          *If I am short anywhere I will notify everyone with those keys and arrange replacements/refunds
     -Send a mass PM to all group buy participants requesting that they confirm their current shipping address or submit an updated one. If you need me to hold shipping until a specified date you can notify me in the reply, or I may set up a new form for people to fill out.

>Post on GeekHack
     -Post final pics of the keycaps and open the period where group buy participants can add to their order at leftover prices. That window will end 24 hours from its start time. A list of how many extras of each kind of key are available will be posted in this thread but will likely not be updated to save confusion. If I have time I will at least update it to mark unavailable keys to save wasted PMs.
     -Nonparticipants may also submit orders during this period, and will not be passed over for a shot at high demand keys by those in the group buy. The keys will be distributed on a first come first serve basis. However, those nonparticipants will have their orders packaged last and may not ship out with the initial waves of shipments.
     -During this period I will also be doing a more thorough check for defects and begin the sorting/packing process.

>Window closes
     -Announce on Geekhack that any leftover additions to existing orders are now closed and a new order must be submitted. Additionally, new orders received during this period will not be packed or shipped until all group buy orders have shipped. However, orders will still be received in the order submitted, so don't wait until I notify everyone that shipping is complete to submit your new order.
     -At this time I will update my "Group Buy Leftovers for Sale" thread in my subforum with an up to date count of available leftovers and do my best to keep it accurate.

>Pack and Ship
     -All group buy orders in the order they were received originally. An approximation of this can be found in the OP. You should receive an email confirmation to the email you submitted in the form, AKA your Paypal email. Many users use multiple emails, so don't forget to check that email for shipping updates.
          *Remember that tracking is not available for international orders, it will stop being tracked when it leaves the US.
     -My goal is to have them ship within 24-48 hours of starting the packing process. Hopefully this is on a weekend because I will be in school at that point and it may be longer during the week since I can't skip school this year. MBA SRS BSNS.
     -Post more pictures to tease you guys while I'm the only one that has them. >.>

Sound good?
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 August 2013, 15:10:24 by Ragnorock »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #722 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 16:12:57 »
Wow.  Very thorough timeline estimate.  Thanks for the update!   :thumb:

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #723 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 20:03:40 »
Sounds great!

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #724 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 20:49:33 »

you sound pretty mad. is there something wrong with asking about approximate dates, so i can plan my flight back home? or did you post that just to get your count up?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #725 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 21:12:49 »
I think all of your posts are whining about GBs and when they'll be done. Stop being so whiny. This isn't the first time someone said something to you.

And that is the worst troll I've ever seen kid.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #726 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 21:52:17 »
Shush.

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #727 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 23:18:03 »
i'm going to acknowledge your presence one last time, since you blocked my personal mesage. i don't want to spam this thread with irrelevant and childish argument.

will mind your own business, please? you spend your time on this forum 24/7, posting content everywhere. most of it is probably spam - i ask a question politely to plan my summer, and you have to start crying. GH doesn't belong to you, it's a public forum - and if your spam isn't breaking any rules, neither am i.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #728 on: Wed, 07 August 2013, 03:33:16 »
If you think that's spam, you should have seen ripster lol. It's fine guys, I don't think he's being impatient and even if he was he has every right to be. This group buy has had far too many delays by my standards. I started running group buys with with the intent and belief that I could run them far quicker and more efficiently than others that were going on at the time. With the exception of this group buy, it is about a 2 month process on average for mine... We're coming up on 9 months here pretty quick. That said, CPT isn't wrong either in that if you wanted to ask about shipping timeframes for your own scheduling, its better done in PM since its much easier for me to keep track of and communicate that way. That's not to say I'm trying to hide information from the public, I inform everyone as much as I know.

Offline watterrbottle

« Reply #729 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 09:57:19 »
You are a great group buy organizer. I haven't been here long enough to compare to others, but your communication with everyone involved is outstanding and appreciated   :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 August 2013, 12:27:44 by watterrbottle »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #730 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 10:56:15 »
Definitely a great GB organizer. Not only the communication, but so many other things behind the scenes as well. It's always nice to send a PM to a GB organizer and have them actually respond.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #731 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 10:57:59 »
i'm going to acknowledge your presence one last time, since you blocked my personal mesage. i don't want to spam this thread with irrelevant and childish argument.

will mind your own business, please? you spend your time on this forum 24/7, posting content everywhere. most of it is probably spam - i ask a question politely to plan my summer, and you have to start crying. GH doesn't belong to you, it's a public forum - and if your spam isn't breaking any rules, neither am i.

GH is definitely not a public forum....

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #732 on: Thu, 08 August 2013, 13:39:38 »
You are a great group buy organizer. I haven't been here long enough to compare to others, but your communication with everyone involved is outstanding and appreciated   :D

Definitely a great GB organizer. Not only the communication, but so many other things behind the scenes as well. It's always nice to send a PM to a GB organizer and have them actually respond.

Thanks a lot guys, seriously the best thing to randomly wake up to. I try my best. I was thinking of taking a break after this is done but you just motivated me to get back to work on my next projects. :D

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #733 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 14:52:56 »
le snoo snoo

did they ship from china yet?

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #734 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 15:48:25 »
Last I heard Imsto was doing a final count of everything to make sure everything was correct but that was Thursday and I haven't heard since... so maybe? I doubt he would without telling me though.

Offline gnubag

« Reply #735 on: Mon, 12 August 2013, 16:24:58 »
Last I heard Imsto was doing a final count of everything to make sure everything was correct but that was Thursday and I haven't heard since... so maybe? I doubt he would without telling me though.

I think he will give you a tracking number too when he ships everything out.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #736 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 18:30:57 »
Just FYI haven't forgotten about you guys, still no updates from Imsto though. However I was wondering if you guys can help me with something...

I seem to have messed up my Leopold recently when I was cleaning it... several of the keys have intermittent chatter on them. Is there no way to fix this without replacing the switch or can I disassemble it and repair it myself. I'm capable of doing that level of work I just don't have the tools. I know the info is on here somewhere but I'm having trouble finding the more useful threads on the topic. If someone could point me in the right direction etc that'd be great.

Dave out.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #737 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 18:43:43 »
Did the chatter start right after you cleaned it?  Do you mind detailing how you cleaned it?  I'm wondering if somehow dust and dirt got into the switches as you were shifting it around when cleaning the plate.  Not sure but in that case maybe could blow some compressed air into the switches or use high % alcohol and blow air.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #738 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 19:23:18 »
Yeah, I'm sure it happened because I was blowing into it while cleaning it. My guess is that the dirt and dust got into it that way since I didn't take any of the keys off or anything but surface blowing. I'm wondering whether I should start looking for about a half dozen blue switches to just replace them or whether its worth the effort of disassembling and trying to clean them. I'm sure at a minimum I need to open the switches up, so even if you guys just have links to those DIYs it'll help.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #739 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 19:32:09 »
I'm not exactly sure if you can get physical particles out if any got blown in without disassembly.  But I wonder if pouring very high content alcohol and using a can of compressed air into the switch will help shift things around enough.  Definitely need to wait quite a while for the switches to dry after that, so I'd only use 96%+ alcohol as it will make evaporation faster.  Otherwise if you do desolder, you can definitely clean your switches if they were fine before--no need to replace them with new ones.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #740 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 23:55:17 »
Imsto has shipped. I repeat. IMSTO HAS SHIPPED!

There may still be errors, so we're not out of the woods yet, as he never confirmed the quantities on everything are exactly what I ordered, but I did order extras of everything so there should be a minimal number of orders that won't be available to ship immediately.

Dave out.

Offline Rayne

• For Science!
« Reply #741 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 23:57:25 »
Imsto has shipped. I repeat. IMSTO HAS SHIPPED!

There may still be errors, so we're not out of the woods yet, as he never confirmed the quantities on everything are exactly what I ordered, but I did order extras of everything so there should be a minimal number of orders that won't be available to ship immediately.

Dave out.
yay! cant wait to see them, and hopefully i can get my hands on some extra dota caps.

Offline CKTofu

• I don't even...
« Reply #742 on: Sun, 18 August 2013, 23:58:03 »
Aww yeah!
Ducky Shine 2 - MX Red with Red LEDs

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #743 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 00:00:04 »
WOHOOO!!!  :thumb:

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #744 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 00:01:29 »
Oh yeah, he sent me this too:

Lets play spot the keycap!

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #745 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 00:23:45 »
Sweet!

Offline tobr1an

« Reply #746 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 00:54:16 »
Oooh check! It's go time!?

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
Re: ZOMG Imsto Dyesub Group Buy: Orders Closed, Imsto Has Shipped!
« Reply #747 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 08:58:43 »
are the skateboard company keys from the op available?

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #748 on: Mon, 26 August 2013, 22:33:43 »
Not on SP keys, but you could ask Imsto directly through his subforum about them.

Been checking my mailbox every day. Nothing yet.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
« Reply #749 on: Fri, 30 August 2013, 14:37:35 »
Not on SP keys, but you could ask Imsto directly through his subforum about them.

Been checking my mailbox every day. Nothing yet.

you gotta believe...