Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3554190 times)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #5300 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 16:33:48 »
how much does international tracking cost?

You should get tracking for free with First Class International.

That depends on the destination.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5301 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 20:30:13 »
Is Sprit's GB currently the only place to buy a 75% PCB?  Really interested in that layout, but there does not seem to be very many options available to build one...

Offline divito

« Reply #5302 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 20:58:02 »
From feng's Hammer thread, I assume this is his?

What's the easiest way to replicate this?
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5303 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 21:42:11 »

Show Image

Case or set?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline divito

Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #5305 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 23:21:03 »
I'm trying to ship an envelope to Australia by first class envelope, but online USPS won't let me pick envelope and it only lets me pick package.

Any help?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5306 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 23:24:01 »
I'm trying to ship an envelope to Australia by first class envelope, but online USPS won't let me pick envelope and it only lets me pick package.

Any help?

There is no such option, it defaults to package which if your sending a bubble mailer is how it works. It should be in the ~$6 rang for First Class no tracking.

Otherwise you have to actually go to the post office.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #5307 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 23:26:46 »

Any help?

There is no such option, it defaults to package which if your sending a bubble mailer is how it works. It should be in the ~$6 rang for First Class no tracking.

Otherwise you have to actually go to the post office.

Thanks for the help!

Guess I'll be making a trip to the post office on Monday... ;D

Offline BlackWidowMan777

« Reply #5308 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 01:03:43 »
Can you turn off the fade effect with the Ducky Shine 3's reactive lighting mode to be like on the Shine 2 (which had no fade effect I think)?

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5309 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 03:53:59 »
Is Sprit's GB currently the only place to buy a 75% PCB?  Really interested in that layout, but there does not seem to be very many options available to build one...

I'm gonna get one from GON soon, he still has mx minis for sale still. http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=44147.0

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5310 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 06:24:27 »
Are there any keyboards that are obtainable by the average Joe that are full backlite using costar stabilizers?

If so would someone be able to post a close up of the wire in the area of the LED?  Would prefer versions that do not use a SMD led or some goofy trick of LEDs under the PCB.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline alosec

« Reply #5311 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 17:03:37 »
is the realforce 55g ACTUALLY uniform 55g weighted?

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #5312 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 18:57:46 »
is the realforce 55g ACTUALLY uniform 55g weighted?

I have yet to own one but yes they are.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #5313 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 19:22:01 »
does kbdmod.com ship to worldwide?

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5314 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 21:22:16 »
Going to be a few questions here.

1. If I wanted to build a phantom board now where could I get a plate for it? (I don't care if it allows for opening of switches)

2. What LED's and Resistors would I need to get and where could I get them?

3. Is there a cheaper place to get green switches than 7bit?

4. Finally, would the phantom pcb fit in the vortex case?
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=212

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #5315 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 21:26:20 »
Why don't you just make some ghetto blues? Blues are pretty cheap

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5316 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 21:32:21 »
Why don't you just make some ghetto blues? Blues are pretty cheap
Already have, I just want to sell both of my QFR's and get one real green switch board.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5317 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 21:36:23 »

1. If I wanted to build a phantom board now where could I get a plate for it? (I don't care if it allows for opening of switches)

1. Your best bet would be to have one cut locally. Laser cutting is the optimal way to have plates cut. Or you could use an online laser cutting service, such as pololu.com.

2. You only need two LEDs and the associated resistors. Around 3v forward, or similar, 3mm (T1) or 2x3x4mm. I think around 300 ohms for the resistors.

3. No, not that I know of.

4. Yes, but you will have to use some kind of non-conducting standoffs to support the PCB in the case, such as Sugru or custom printed supports from Leslieann.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5318 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 21:41:29 »

1. Your best bet would be to have one cut locally. Laser cutting is the optimal way to have plates cut. Or you could use an online laser cutting service, such as pololu.com.

2. You only need two LEDs and the associated resistors. Around 3v forward, or similar, 3mm (T1) or 2x3x4mm. I think around 300 ohms for the resistors.

4. Yes, but you will have to use some kind of non-conducting standoffs to support the PCB in the case, such as Sugru or custom printed supports from Leslieann.
Thanks, if I just wanted to save the trouble then a filco would just fit in there no problems? No new plate or custom standoffs needed, correct? I don't think there are any mx green tkl filcos so I could just mod them in later on no biggie.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #5319 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 21:58:24 »

Thanks, if I just wanted to save the trouble then a filco would just fit in there no problems? No new plate or custom standoffs needed, correct? I don't think there are any mx green tkl filcos so I could just mod them in later on no biggie.

Yes, if you don't aim toward a custom layout like 1.5-unit modifiers and 7-unit spacebar on the bottom row, and are perfectly satisfied with the standard 87-key ANSI layout, a stock Filco will fit in the Vortex case with no issues. You can achieve programmable keymaps with bpiphany's Pegasus Hoof or HID Liberation Device. If you want to swap out the switches for Greens later on, you will have to desolder everything from the plate, anyway.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5320 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 22:05:27 »

Yes, if you don't aim toward a custom layout like 1.5-unit modifiers and 7-unit spacebar on the bottom row, and are perfectly satisfied with the standard 87-key ANSI layout, a stock Filco will fit in the Vortex case with no issues. You can achieve programmable keymaps with bpiphany's Pegasus Hoof or HID Liberation Device. If you want to swap out the switches for Greens later on, you will have to desolder everything from the plate, anyway.
Sounds like what I am going to do, I have no problem swapping switches later on, it's fun to do imo :D

Last ?, are there any places to buy a filco majestouch tkl for cheap in the us? If not then I will just get it used.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #5321 on: Sun, 01 December 2013, 22:24:06 »

Sounds like what I am going to do, I have no problem swapping switches later on, it's fun to do imo :D

Last ?, are there any places to buy a filco majestouch tkl for cheap in the us? If not then I will just get it used.

The Keyboard Company through Amazon is really your only source for getting them new in the US. They do come up used from time to time here.

in memoriam

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5322 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 03:30:50 »
Are there any keyboards that are obtainable by the average Joe that are full backlite using costar stabilizers?

If so would someone be able to post a close up of the wire in the area of the LED?  Would prefer versions that do not use a SMD led or some goofy trick of LEDs under the PCB.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49731.0

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51150.0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #5323 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 10:23:11 »

If you want MX greens and go cheap buy a QFR with greens, use the case, switches and plate. I built my Phantom with a QFR case and it has a removable usb cable and its compatible with the Phantom pcb + Teensy. With the money you save you get a set of fancy keycaps. With the holidays coming a lot retailers all-ways have great QFR deals. The Phantom pcb also has in-switch leds (caps-scr lock) or Filco style option.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 December 2013, 10:33:55 by MJ45 »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #5324 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 10:31:12 »

If you want MX greens and go cheap buy a QFR with greens, use the case, switches and plate. I built my Phantom with a QFR case and it has a removable usb cable and its compatible with the Phantom pcb + Teensy. With the money you save you get a set of fancy keycaps. With the holidays coming a lot retailers all-ways have great QFR deals.

But he wants to use the Vortex Aluminum TKL case from MK.com

in memoriam

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #5325 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 12:31:42 »
My first encounter with Costar stabilizers! I bought a QFR, and there are these plastic adapters attached to the bottom of the spacebar -- on the the two outermost connection points. What's the right way to reattach this spacebar? Getting the wire back into the inserts looks ... well, I'd rather not break it.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5326 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 12:33:34 »
My first encounter with Costar stabilizers! I bought a QFR, and there are these plastic adapters attached to the bottom of the spacebar -- on the the two outermost connection points. What's the right way to reattach this spacebar? Getting the wire back into the inserts looks ... well, I'd rather not break it.

yes those are evil.....I hate them....

the long side points towards the top of the keyboard

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5327 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 12:35:40 »

There are two ways.  First, slip the one side on, barely push out the wire on the other side a little until the other leg pops onto the wire, then push the space bar down as usual.  Second, pop off the clear little legs, slide them onto the wire in the correct orientation, and drop them down into the little cutouts for them so they're resting like they would when the spacebar is fully depressed.  Then just push the spacebar onto the stem and push it all the way down and rock to one side, then the other.  As long as you don't have loose SP stems, it should grab hold to both the stabilizers.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5328 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 12:36:19 »
Im interested in IMSTO's blue PBT dyesub set:

http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=61

Wasn't this available for ~75$ a couple of months ago? I don't wanna pay premium on this thing...

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #5329 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 12:40:01 »

There are two ways.  First, slip the one side on, barely push out the wire on the other side a little until the other leg pops onto the wire, then push the space bar down as usual.  Second, pop off the clear little legs, slide them onto the wire in the correct orientation, and drop them down into the little cutouts for them so they're resting like they would when the spacebar is fully depressed.  Then just push the spacebar onto the stem and push it all the way down and rock to one side, then the other.  As long as you don't have loose SP stems, it should grab hold to both the stabilizers.

Ok that, combined with Ray's 'long side towards top of keyboard' allowed me to conquer the evil. Thank you!
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Jixr

« Reply #5330 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 13:54:16 »
looking to change my reds to blacks, buying springs from originative, stock blacks use what spring weight?

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #5331 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 13:55:45 »
looking to change my reds to blacks, buying springs from originative, stock blacks use what spring weight?

I think 60.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5332 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 13:58:49 »

It depends on which scale you use. On originative he has a graph with the weights on the spring page. I think he has blacks on that graph.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5333 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 13:59:15 »

About 90g, see http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46449.0

Offline Jixr

« Reply #5334 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:30:27 »
Thats the actuation rate of blacks, i just need the spring rate.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5335 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 14:41:21 »
Thats the actuation rate of blacks, i just need the spring rate.

Cherry spring rates are figured at the actuation point and aftermarket springs are for the most part figured at bottom out point.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Jixr

« Reply #5336 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 21:32:27 »
so can anyone tell me which origninative springs are most like blacks?

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #5337 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 21:34:33 »

That would be the 65g ones on this page.

http://www.originativeco.com/collections/accessories/products/springs

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5338 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 21:39:24 »

It's actually the 80g springs, not the 65g ones.  The 65g and 67g springs are both lighter than Blacks.  I say this both from personal experience and from the testing others have done.  If you look at the graph on his page, Blacks are the MX Heavy springs listed.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5339 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 21:39:39 »

You sure about that, I always saw people saying it was the 80g springs. Just look at the 62g springs on that chart, they are nowhere near mx heavy springs. The 62 on there show that they are closest to the light springs (red, blue, brown)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #5340 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 21:46:39 »
Well color me confused. Maybe I'm going off the wrong scale. All the sites I've been to and even cherry states the blacks are 65g, blues are 55g, browns & reds are 45g.

Are they measuring different than what Originative measures???

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5341 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 21:51:57 »
Well color me confused. Maybe I'm going off the wrong scale. All the sites I've been to and even cherry states the blacks are 65g, blues are 55g, browns & reds are 45g.

Yes, korean springs are measured differently than how cherry measures.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5342 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 21:58:24 »

Cherry is measured at actuation.  If I remember correctly, Korean springs should be at full compression or close to that.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #5343 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 22:00:53 »
That's good to know. I'm not a huge fan of lighter springs so thankfully I didn't buy any yet.

Been here a couple years and I still learn something new.....love it!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5344 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 22:02:57 »
That's good to know. I'm not a huge fan of lighter springs so thankfully I didn't buy any yet.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of lighter springs either, though 67g are awesome.  I sing their praise and worship in their temple.

That's definitely the mindset to come in here with too.  There's so much info that I know I always have something new to learn and, in some cases, unlearn.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5345 on: Mon, 02 December 2013, 22:33:09 »

On the springs page on originativeco.com this graph shows things pretty clearly...

Cherry springs are measured at actuation and their springs are measured at full key press (or there abouts).  In the notes on that page you can see that the 'Heavy' on that graph is in reference to Blacks (67g cherry; 88g korean) .  Also, notice that the 62g originative has an actuation of 52g and a down of 62g.

Offline whitevivian

« Reply #5346 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 00:41:16 »
1) Thanks! I stumbled upon this seller another member had linked, whilst browsing through the forums. I'm looking for engraved white keycaps for my CM QFR.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w4002-3583352554.36.vKq8iu&id=13483583452

2) Still looking for stores selling laser engraved white keycaps, most are selling side/top printed ones.

1) Says right in the title that it will fit Filco/Das/Ducky so it's safe to assume its ANSI 104 which means it will fit your ANSI 87 Filco. ANSI 104 is just the fullsize keycap set. ANSI 87 is the same set minus the numberpad.

2) Engraved caps in general aren't popular since the indentation can get dirty fast.

we can easily search/get  the taobao item here:

MOD EDIT: Links removed, this is not the place to advertise.

« Last Edit: Tue, 03 December 2013, 01:20:25 by dorkvader »
usb and keyboards collecter
--------------------------------------
My tumblr for data recovery
computer data recovery

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #5347 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 01:04:01 »
1) Thanks! I stumbled upon this seller another member had linked, whilst browsing through the forums. I'm looking for engraved white keycaps for my CM QFR.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w4002-3583352554.36.vKq8iu&id=13483583452

2) Still looking for stores selling laser engraved white keycaps, most are selling side/top printed ones.

1) Says right in the title that it will fit Filco/Das/Ducky so it's safe to assume its ANSI 104 which means it will fit your ANSI 87 Filco. ANSI 104 is just the fullsize keycap set. ANSI 87 is the same set minus the numberpad.

2) Engraved caps in general aren't popular since the indentation can get dirty fast.

we can easily search/get  the taobao item here:
MOD EDIT: Links removed, this is not the place to advertise.

Can you stop advertising your website? If you really need to, message mkawa and he will make you a vendor. Otherwise you can't go around telling people to use your site
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 December 2013, 01:20:44 by dorkvader »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5348 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 09:33:29 »

There's the Epsilon, GON's, MXMinis, and a few stock boards out with a 75% PCB. Noppoo Choc Mini comes to mind.

The mini usb port just fell off my Poker 2 pcb. What do I do?

PS looks like there are 2 black knobs on the bottom of it that anchor it on the pcb. One of them is broken off.

Edit: The other one just broke off too..

Yes, that is a blunt way of saying it. I know it's fixable. I probably just need to get another port and solder it back in place. Does anyone know if mini usb ports are generic? Can I just open up something like a broken camera and take it out?

Pretty sure they are. I think if you find the port and then use this guide from nubbinator, you'll be fine. You can also PM tjcaustin, TheFlyingRaccoon, and nubbinator for help.

Im interested in IMSTO's blue PBT dyesub set:

http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=61

Wasn't this available for ~75$ a couple of months ago? I don't wanna pay premium on this thing...

There's a price check thread. Please ask there.

How would you compare the feeling of typing on SA keycaps to OEM?  Or a less ergonomic (flat) profile like DSA?  Just trying to imagine if there's a period of adjustment required for SA, where going to Cherry or DCS from OEM is not really dramatically different vs. going to DSA from OEM. 

SA caps are much much taller than OEM and DSA. The only time I had an adjustment period for caps was for DSA, since I felt like the surface area was smaller and it felt odd to me. SA caps are lovely; smooth, thick, super cuppy but tall. If going from Cherry to OEM bothers you, it might take a little getting used to. For me? SA was love at first touch.

does kbdmod.com ship to worldwide?

Pretty sure they do.

Show Image

Honestly? You'll probably have to get someone to cut it for you after you make a CAD model/drawings for it. I've never seen a case like that since feng's.

I was AFK for a little while. If you asked a question and I didn't catch it when I read back, please PM me so we can help you.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5349 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 19:45:52 »
The mini usb port just fell off my Poker 2 pcb. What do I do?

PS looks like there are 2 black knobs on the bottom of it that anchor it on the pcb. One of them is broken off.

Edit: The other one just broke off too..

Yes, that is a blunt way of saying it. I know it's fixable. I probably just need to get another port and solder it back in place. Does anyone know if mini usb ports are generic? Can I just open up something like a broken camera and take it out?

Pretty sure they are. I think if you find the port and then use this guide from nubbinator, you'll be fine. You can also PM tjcaustin, TheFlyingRaccoon, and nubbinator for help.

The port on the jack itself is standardized by the USP implementers forum, and will be basically the same wherever you go, but the way it mounts to the PCB might vary. For example, the USB jack on the ergoDOX is soldered to the PCB. THe poker2 one appears to have PCB stabilizing and retention pins on it. You should get another one with these pins to replace it. Also check and see if the PCB is damaged where the jack is. If the traces are fine, then you probably can just replace it. If not, some sort of trace repair is necessary.