Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3556427 times)

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #5800 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 05:49:16 »
I did. After searching on the forum for a bit, it seems i need to do something like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Furuyah/Keyboard/FilcoPOS/shift_chopped_angled.jpg
Wow it would really ache me to butcher imsto's thick enter like this.

Are you sure that the key get stuck on the stabilizer? What keyboard do you have? Can you move the stabilizer itself without the keycap?
FILCO MAJESTOUCH 2 TKL w Blue MX, now i got it to unstuck, but it still grinds. Btw, the caps are blue blank thick PBT from imsto.
It really seems that there is no other solution than to butcher the enter from the inside? It's funny because space fits just fine, i only got problems with grinding with enter and left shift.
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5801 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 06:44:05 »
There's no chance the stabilizer inserts are on backwards? The longer side of the insert should be facing the top of the keyboard if you're looking at it from above. (You may already know this, but I figure it's better to check before we start altering keys.)

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #5802 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 06:53:08 »
There's no chance the stabilizer inserts are on backwards? The longer side of the insert should be facing the top of the keyboard if you're looking at it from above. (You may already know this, but I figure it's better to check before we start altering keys.)
Yes, figured it out during the process:D
The thing is, when the stabilisers were pointing downwards with the longer end, the enter got stuck. Now that they are pointing upwards, it just grinds horribly.
Almost as if i had cherry stabilisers, though the feeling is even worse.
What to do? :///
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5803 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 06:58:35 »
The thing is, when the stabilisers were pointing downwards with the longer end, the enter got stuck. Now that they are pointing upwards, it just grinds horribly.

If you really want to shave the inside off a bit I would try it with sandpaper. I searched on GH as well and it seems like a few people have the same issue.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #5804 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 07:00:16 »

If you really want to shave the inside off a bit I would try it with sandpaper. I searched on GH as well and it seems like a few people have the same issue.
Oh, do you think that the sandpaper would be enough? Yes, i've been searching as well and found out the same.
I'm gonna wait a day or two if someone has a more refined solution, if not i will just have to do it :/
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #5805 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 07:00:51 »
Also, a big thanks to all who provided answers! I love this community :)
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #5806 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 07:07:30 »
Your PC does not know what layout your keyboard has. If you set your layout to QWERTY on your PC it will behave like QWERTY, so it will show a Y when you press the key next to R.

Thanks, I kind of figured it out. I just have an issue with the enter key.
It stays stuck in the bottom-out position, and no matter how much i try, it wont fit as the all the other keys.
Does anyone have a fix for this issue maybe?

Sounds like a stabilizer issue. Double check them.

Thanks. Can you tell me how I can change it? (if it's really simple)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5807 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 07:35:17 »
Oh, do you think that the sandpaper would be enough? Yes, i've been searching as well and found out the same.
I'm gonna wait a day or two if someone has a more refined solution, if not i will just have to do it :/

It would probably not be the fastest way but will probably look better than one you posted :))

It depends on your OS. For Windows just search your control panel or see this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258824/en

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #5808 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 07:46:21 »
It would probably not be the fastest way but will probably look better than one you posted :))
I am willing to sacrifice as much time as neccesary. Better spend some more time and not totally ruin IMSTO's thick PBT. They really are beautiful.
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5809 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 07:50:02 »
I am willing to sacrifice as much time as neccesary. Better spend some more time and not totally ruin IMSTO's thick PBT. They really are beautiful.

That is the spirit. Please wait a day or so in case anybody else has a better solution to this.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5810 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 08:16:03 »

That is the spirit. Please wait a day or so in case anybody else has a better solution to this.

I put IMSTO thick PBT on my Filco Majestouch 2 for a test way back when. I didn't have any issues with grinding. You could try sanding down the wire a little or bending the wire so that it's out of the way. I recall someone saying they just went without the stabilizer wire which I don't recommend.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5811 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 08:43:53 »
Your PC does not know what layout your keyboard has. If you set your layout to QWERTY on your PC it will behave like QWERTY, so it will show a Y when you press the key next to R.

It stays stuck in the bottom-out position, and no matter how much i try, it wont fit as the all the other keys.

Sounds like a stabilizer issue. Double check them.
I did. After searching on the forum for a bit, it seems i need to do something like this
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Furuyah/Keyboard/FilcoPOS/shift_chopped_angled.jpg

I have the same caps, I didn't have to do anything to them. Make sure the long part of the stabs are pointed towards the top of your board.

Next LUBE THE STABILIZERS. It is almost guaranteed to fix it.

Don't modify the keycap.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 January 2014, 08:47:52 by swill »

Offline codymaust

« Reply #5812 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 09:41:19 »
Can I replace the springs on a stock QFR?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5813 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 09:42:16 »

Most certainly. It will require desoldering all of your switches, though.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5814 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 09:43:22 »

Yes. You need to remove all the switches from the plate and PCB and open the switches up though. In other words, the plate doesn't have cutouts that will allow you to take the switch tops off and speed up the process.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #5815 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 10:08:06 »
Does acrylic case used in ergodox gets hairline scratches easily?

Offline mechabit

« Reply #5816 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 10:35:35 »
Hey guys, I have quite a few basic questions regarding Poker II if you can help.

1. When searching for Poker II, I find some are branded "KBT Poker II" and some "Vortex Poker II" and a couple "Vortex KBT Poker II". Are these all the same, are they all made by Vortex or is KBT a brand?

2. Does Poker II have N-Key Rollover? Mechanicalkeyboards.com says 6-key rollover, however some other sites have said different.

3. Where can you get a coiled USB cord like this:

4. How do the arrow keys work on WASD. If I'm playing Daggerfall the A key is 'Ready Weapon', is there like a toggle to make WASD arrows? I'm just a little confused on the design there.

Thanks!

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5817 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 10:52:15 »
1. When searching for Poker II, I find some are branded "KBT Poker II" and some "Vortex Poker II" and a couple "Vortex KBT Poker II". Are these all the same, are they all made by Vortex or is KBT a brand?
2. Does Poker II have N-Key Rollover? Mechanicalkeyboards.com says 6-key rollover, however some other sites have said different.

4. How do the arrow keys work on WASD. If I'm playing Daggerfall the A key is 'Ready Weapon', is there like a toggle to make WASD arrows? I'm just a little confused on the design there.

1. KBT is afaik a sub-brand of Vortex, just as KBC (correct me if I'm wrong here). They are the same keyboards.
2. 6-key rollover via USB and n-key rollover via PS2 (I think). A firmware upgrade makes n-key rollover via USB possible: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50245.0
3. Feng offers it.
4. Keep Fn pressed or press Fn and space to lock it.

Offline isaske

• Stop whining!
« Reply #5818 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 11:02:21 »

I have the same caps, I didn't have to do anything to them. Make sure the long part of the stabs are pointed towards the top of your board.

Next LUBE THE STABILIZERS. It is almost guaranteed to fix it.

Don't modify the keycap.
Dunno, i can't imagine lube helping out with the wire touching the inner site. Yes, it would make it smoother for some time, but ...
You said you have the same caps. Do you also have the same keyboard? FILCO TKL?
HOW DO I COMPUTER?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5819 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 11:05:03 »

1. KBT is afaik a sub-brand of Vortex, just as KBC (correct me if I'm wrong here). They are the same keyboards.
2. 6-key rollover via USB and n-key rollover via PS2 (I think). A firmware upgrade makes n-key rollover via USB possible: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50245.0
3. Feng offers it.

Just remember with the Firmware upgrade to make NKRO over USB possible it will most likely not play nice with MAC.  This is not anything wrong with the firmware.  Just an issue with the way NKRO is implemented over USB doesn't work with the way Mac OS sees multiple peripheral devices.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #5820 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 11:08:08 »

It depends on your OS. For Windows just search your control panel or see this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258824/en

Thanks buddy, figured it out. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5821 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 11:10:49 »
KBC and KBT are keyboard designers in Taiwan. KBT is Yeager, and I think KBC is (was?) a group of (3?) designers.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline MJ45

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #5822 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 11:16:36 »

3. Feng offers it.

Just remember with the Firmware upgrade to make NKRO over USB possible it will most likely not play nice with MAC.  This is not anything wrong with the firmware.  Just an issue with the way NKRO is implemented over USB doesn't work with the way Mac OS sees multiple peripheral devices.
It does not work so good on some PC motherboards as some act wonkey with nkro over usb. On some you have to disable it and restart to get to bios settings, and some work fine.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5823 on: Fri, 10 January 2014, 21:30:30 »
This is unsolicited, but I thought some of the readers of this thread may be interested in these results.

There have been quite a few questions in other threads regarding key travel and what gets hit on bottom out and how orings affect key travel for different profiles.

I have done a pretty extensive post with a calliper and some different keycaps and orings which may be interesting for a larger audience.  Cheers...

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5824 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 10:05:34 »
What are the difference between ABS and PBT caps? I am asking because I have no idea what people are talking about when they talk about different types of caps. After trawling through about a dozen pages of this thread I have learnt what doubleshots are (yay!) but what are ABS and PBT? Or any other types of caps for that matter? And how can I differenciate between them?

Also, circuit boards. What is the difference between a PCB or a plate? From what I've understood so far, plate mounted switches are easy to take on and off, but thats about it.

Thanks for helping an idiot out (Y)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5825 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 10:28:11 »
What are the difference between ABS and PBT caps? I am asking because I have no idea what people are talking about when they talk about different types of caps. After trawling through about a dozen pages of this thread I have learnt what doubleshots are (yay!) but what are ABS and PBT? Or any other types of caps for that matter? And how can I differenciate between them?

Also, circuit boards. What is the difference between a PCB or a plate? From what I've understood so far, plate mounted switches are easy to take on and off, but thats about it.

Thanks for helping an idiot out (Y)

Materials:
ABS and PBT (and POM) are different types of plastic.

ABS - smooth and dry feeling
PBT - textured and dry feeling
POM - smooth and wet feeling
(correct me if I am wrong on anything)

Standard Profiles:
OEM - Stands a little taller (Filco stock keycaps for example)
Cherry - Is more low profile than OEM
More
Cherry, OEM, OEM
50592-0

Thicknesses:
Thick - Some DS and Thick PBT
Medium - Some DS and Medium PBT
Thin - Some DS and standard caps
More
Thick PBT, Medium PBT, Stock Filco
50594-1

Legends:
Doubleshot (DS) - Legends are one shot and rest of the keycap is another (basically), so the legends will never wear out.
Dye sublimation (Dyesub) - I believe it is done by masking and dying the keycap or something like that.  it wears pretty well.
Pad Printed - Printed on top of the cap, it wears off pretty easily.
Laser Etched - The legends are etched out out of the cap, you can feel the legends under your finger.  Can fade, but relatively permanent.
Engraved - Material is removed to create the legends and there is usually not another color introduced.  Permanent, but can fill with finger oil.
More
DyeSub, Laser Etched, Pad Printed
50596-2
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 January 2014, 10:34:43 by swill »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5826 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 10:52:02 »
1) What are the difference between ABS and PBT caps?

2) Also circuit boards? What is the difference between a PCB or a plate mounted switches?

1) Check out this link for some more info on ABS and PBT.

2) PCB vs plate mounted is how the switches are mounted. It doesn't describe that actual circuit board. Are they mounted on a metal plate above the PCB or are they mounted directly on a PCB? Some pictures:

From Cherry's datasheet on Cherry MX switches

From John Diew's review.

From WFD's Universal Plate GB thread.

Materials:
ABS and PBT (and POM) are different types of plastic.

ABS - smooth and dry feeling
PBT - textured and dry feeling
POM - smooth and wet feeling
(correct me if I am wrong on anything)

I'm not really sure wet and dry are the best way to describe it. But that's just my opinion. To me:

ABS feels smooth
PBT feels rough
POM feels slick/slippery

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #5827 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 10:56:12 »
how make feel linear better? o rings(thicker?) lubed(what oil used for lubed?).etc
any someone ever mod linear like others switch
any experience?

thanks
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 January 2014, 10:58:10 by yasuo »
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #5828 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 10:59:37 »
Thank you both!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5829 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 11:00:18 »
how make feel linear better? o rings(thicker?) lubed(what oil used for lubed?).etc
any experience?

It's subjective. You've suggested the common mods. You can also try swapping out springs.  I have 65g lubed MX blacks on my Epsilon and I love them.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #5830 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 11:10:25 »
any experience?

It's subjective. You've suggested the common mods. You can also try swapping out springs.  I have 65g lubed MX blacks on my Epsilon and I love them.
What oil can be used for lubricating? oil mainly for plastic?

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5831 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 11:24:54 »
any experience?

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51181.msg1144548#msg1144548

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34332.0

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5832 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 11:25:27 »
For lubricating switches, you only want to use Krytox, available from the Geekhackers store via originativeco.com. You will want to use a mixture of grease and oil on the sliders of the switch stems. There is a switch lubrication guide here somewhere. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5833 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 11:26:30 »
any experience?

Krytox is a popular choice.I don't know about it's availability in Japan, though.

Sniped by JD!
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline yasuo

« Reply #5834 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 11:33:22 »
Thanks All
in my country sell it :)) :p

Offline McWilloughby

« Reply #5835 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 14:14:34 »
I'm about 90% sure of this any but thought I'd double check before going ahead and buying more stuff.

I have a Cherry ML4100 that works in various desktop computers PS/2 port but not in my laptop when run through a passive PS/2 -> USB converter. Am I correct in thinking that I therefore need an active converter? (I foolishly didn't even consider that I would need an active one if this is the case)

In related news, would anyone like a passive PS/2 -> USB? If so, PM me and its yours for the shipping cost.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5836 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 14:29:01 »
I'm about 90% sure of this any but thought I'd double check before going ahead and buying more stuff.

I have a Cherry ML4100 that works in various desktop computers PS/2 port but not in my laptop when run through a passive PS/2 -> USB converter. Am I correct in thinking that I therefore need an active converter? (I foolishly didn't even consider that I would need an active one if this is the case)

In related news, would anyone like a passive PS/2 -> USB? If so, PM me and its yours for the shipping cost.
The ML4101 that I own needed an active one.

Offline lilky

« Reply #5837 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 14:41:30 »
In regards to Sprit's current group buy going on, how do his springs compare to stock springs? I know Korean springs are lighter than their stock counterparts, but does being different material (gold, silver, etc) have an impact on that as well?

His options range from 55g to 120g. If I wanted something equivalent to stock reds, what would be the closest Korean equivalent spring? Thanks in advance!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #5838 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 15:43:26 »
See:

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Trippy

« Reply #5839 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 15:59:14 »
I want to take off the keycaps from my Das Ultimate so I can clean the hair out of the board better. Since the keys are blank is there any easy way to keep track of the keys without laying them out in order of which you took them off?
Keyboards: DAS Keyboard Ultimate w/ Blues/CM Storm QFR w/ Browns
PC Specs: Intel Core i7 4770k
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz
MSI GTX 660ti Power Edition
120gb Samsung 840 evo, 2 WD Blue 320gb
Fractal Design R4
Corsair HX 850

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #5840 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:00:00 »
IIRC they're numbered

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5841 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:00:40 »
I want to take off the keycaps from my Das Ultimate and so I can clean the hair out of the board better. Since the keys are blank is there any easy way to keep track of the keys without laying them out in order of which you took them off?
I suggest grouping them in piles based on the row you take them off. That is usually the easiest way, each keycap should have the row it belongs to designated in the bottom/inside of the keycap if you accidentally mix them up.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #5842 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:02:08 »
I want to take off the keycaps from my Das Ultimate so I can clean the hair out of the board better. Since the keys are blank is there any easy way to keep track of the keys without laying them out in order of which you took them off?
Wait isn't the easy way to lay them in order even if they are not blank? That way you don't have to check every single key before putting it back on the keyboard even if you know what key and where it belongs...
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Trippy

« Reply #5843 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:05:02 »
Wait isn't the easy way to lay them in order even if they are not blank? That way you don't have to check every single key before putting it back on the keyboard even if you know what key and where it belongs...

Yea, but if I end up bumping the spot where I placed them and they get mixed up that could be a conundrum.
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC
Fractal Design R4
Corsair HX 850

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5844 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:05:58 »

Yea, but if I end up bumping the spot where I placed them and they get mixed up that could be a conundrum.
I would use ziploc bags in that case.

Offline Trippy

« Reply #5845 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:07:10 »

I would use ziploc bags in that case.

Alright, I suppose I will do it by rows in separate bags.
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC
Fractal Design R4
Corsair HX 850

Offline Trippy

« Reply #5846 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:09:49 »
Actually, do you guys think it would work well to print out the keyboard layout and lay (maybe tape) the keycaps on top of each corresponding spot on the layout?
GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC
Fractal Design R4
Corsair HX 850

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #5847 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:11:14 »
It's probably quite a bit less effort to just use plastic bags.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #5848 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:12:19 »
Actually, do you guys think it would work well to print out the keyboard layout and lay (maybe tape) the keycaps on top of each corresponding spot on the layout?
It can work out but I would not go that route, it will cost you more time than just simply marking the rows in a different bag.
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #5849 on: Sat, 11 January 2014, 16:13:50 »
Seems like a lot of work, I use blank keycaps all the time and I never had any problems taking them off and putting them back together. It doesn't take any longer than if the keycaps are printed. I would say its possibly faster to put blank keycaps back on since you only really have to follow by rows. If they all get mixed up it takes forever to get them all back together because some rows of keycaps look so close to each other, the only row that looks distinctly different is row 4 imo.