Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3553718 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #5900 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:00:42 »
what the difference CCnG ducky & tsangan?

What is the difference between a keycap set, a keyboard brand, and a keycap adapter kit? I'm not understanding your question.
The colors ;D,i see ducky looks nice
green&white look difference

You're asking if the Ducky Green and White caps are different from the CCnG set that was done by SP? Can you please restate what your question is?

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5901 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:05:58 »
What is the difference between a keycap set, a keyboard brand, and a keycap adapter kit? I'm not understanding your question.

I think I know what you mean. Ducky has made a keycap set similar to CCnG:

He wants to know the differences to the original GB that was run by Tsangan.

The main difference is the manufacturer and the method to print the legends, Ducky's could be Tai Hao (that * looks familiar) and is dyesubbed PBT, the original was made by Signature Plastics and is doubleshot ABS. Also Ducky's CCnG has black legends while the original uses green and beige (cream-cheese) legends. Also I think Ducky uses plain white while CCnG uses an off-white/beige/cream-cheese color.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:09:09 by BlueBär »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #5902 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:09:37 »

Show Image

The main difference is the manufacturer, Ducky's could be Tai Hao (that * looks familiar), the original was made by Signature Plastics. Also Ducky's CCnG has black legends while the original uses green and beige (cream-cheese) legends. Also I think Ducky uses plain white while CCnG uses an off-white/beige/cream-cheese color.

Ducky's is supposed to be dyesub PBT, so it shouldn't be Tai Hao as the OEM.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5903 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:12:35 »
Ducky's is supposed to be dyesub PBT, so it shouldn't be Tai Hao as the OEM.

Yep, already edited my post, but maybe Tai Hao does dyseub as well? Idk.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5904 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:13:17 »
Question 2. Would it negatively impact the intended use of an MX switch if the LED socket was drilled out in the top and bottom half of the switch?

If you drill out the top half, wouldn't you be drilling into the leaf spring? The switch needs the leaf spring to work.

The leaf spring is on the opposite side as the LED hole...

Isn't that what he's asking? To drill out the casing on the opposite side of the LED hole?

Pretty sure he just wants to make the existing LED hole bigger....top and bottom.....

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5905 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:15:43 »

Show Image

The main difference is the manufacturer and the method to print the legends, Ducky's could be Tai Hao (that * looks familiar) and is dyesubbed PBT, the original was made by Signature Plastics and is doubleshot ABS. Also Ducky's CCnG has black legends while the original uses green and beige (cream-cheese) legends. Also I think Ducky uses plain white while CCnG uses an off-white/beige/cream-cheese color.

Just to support BlueBar's post:

CCnG Set

Ducky's White and Green

Question 2. Would it negatively impact the intended use of an MX switch if the LED socket was drilled out in the top and bottom half of the switch?

If you drill out the top half, wouldn't you be drilling into the leaf spring? The switch needs the leaf spring to work.

Isn't that what he's asking? To drill out the casing on the opposite side of the LED hole?

Pretty sure he just wants to make the existing LED hole bigger; top and bottom.

Well let's see what Melvang says. I'm not exactly sure what he's referring to.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:17:56 by CPTBadAss »

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #5906 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:19:21 »
which ducky green & white colors? :)

Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5907 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:20:44 »
Show Image

Show Image

You can't really tell since Ducky isn't using SP colors. Do you want a guess?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5908 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:21:19 »
Show Image

Show Image

Those are SP ABS color chips. The Ducky caps are PBT and probably not from SP. So it's hard to say for sure.

Offline yasuo

« Reply #5909 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:23:52 »
yep,almost like ducky ;D
Those are SP ABS color chips. The Ducky caps are PBT and probably not from SP. So it's hard to say for sure.
that's pbt :D though abs SP have many variations colors than pbt

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5910 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:36:06 »
that's pbt :D though abs SP have many variations colors than pbt

Ah I missed that.

yep,almost like ducky ;D

Closest Color Guess:

Green = VCR
White = WDG

Offline qrthur

« Reply #5911 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:51:57 »
Hello,

I'm new here so if I'm doing it wrong, let me know.

I want to buy my first mechanical keyboard. So far I have two in mind : WASDKeyboard V2 TKL or Filco Majestouch-2 TKL. From what I've read, they are both good keyboards. But I still need to choose one.

Pricewise, the filco will cost me 130€, and the WASD will be around 150€. (It includes delivery prices, which is 45$ for the WASD). So let's put aside price now. Which one is better in your opinion ? Lifespan, materials, or little details that will make one better than the other.

For example, I know that filco keycaps is ABS, while the WASD uses PBT. So it is in the favour of the WASD. Is there other details like this one to know ?

Thanks

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5912 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:54:49 »

Hello,

I want to buy my first mechanical keyboard. So far I have two in mind : WASDKeyboard V2 TKL or Filco Majestouch-2 TKL. From what I've read, they are both good keyboards. But I still need to choose one.

Pricewise, the filco will cost me 130€, and the WASD will be around 150€. (It includes delivery prices, which is 45$ for the WASD). So let's put aside price now. Which one is better in your opinion ? Lifespan, materials, or little details that will make one better than the other.

For example, I know that filco keycaps is ABS, while the WASD uses PBT. So it is in the favour of the WASD. Is there other details like this one to know ?

Thanks

Hard to beat Filcos build quality.  I don't know the quality of the WASD.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #5913 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:55:32 »
I didn't think that WASD used PBT. Could someone else confirm/deny?

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5914 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:57:53 »

Show Image

Just to support BlueBar's post:

Show Image

CCnG Set

Show Image

Ducky's White and Green

Pretty sure he just wants to make the existing LED hole bigger; top and bottom.

Well let's see what Melvang says. I'm not exactly sure what he's referring to.

I was wondering about drilling the led hole out bigger but going through the bottom half of the switch housing as well as the top half.  Was thinking of trying 5x5x2 rgb LEDs.  The question about the bottom half is for an idea of doing individual PCBs for each switch and doing a hand wired matrix for the switches and the LEDs with knobs on the case for adjusting the color manually.  Drilling the bottom half of the switch might be required depending on how it goes.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #5915 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:58:50 »

Yes, WASD uses ABS.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5916 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 09:59:06 »

Even if they do, if they are thin pbt, it's not a big upgrade.  You can buy medium thickness pbt caps from banggood for $20 shipped which are alright.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5917 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 10:02:43 »
Hello,

Thanks

I'm a Filco fanboy, I own a Filco MJ2 Ninja 104. It's my daily driver at work and I've had it for about a year. I don't think I'll ever replace it/sell it. I think it's the best stock keyboard I've tried. Good case, good construction, and the switches feel nice in them. Filco is just a solid keyboard. I've heard that people who have had Browns on their Filcos didn't like them though.

I've never owned a WASD but The_Beast was quite happy with his when I talked to him about it. WASD has a dipswitch that lets you have other layouts

Pretty sure WASD uses ABS. I've tried their sampler pack and it was really thin ABS. Not my favorite stock caps if those sampler kit caps are what goes on their keyboards. I do like the stock Filco caps. They're not *terrible*.

I was wondering about drilling the led hole out bigger but going through the bottom half of the switch housing as well as the top half.  Was thinking of trying 5x5x2 rgb LEDs.  The question about the bottom half is for an idea of doing individual PCBs for each switch and doing a hand wired matrix for the switches and the LEDs with knobs on the case for adjusting the color manually.  Drilling the bottom half of the switch might be required depending on how it goes.

I don't think making the LED hole bigger will affect the switch operation.

Offline qrthur

« Reply #5918 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 10:56:13 »
Oh allright well I am wrong then ! OK so there is no reason not to go for a Filco keyboard then.

Just one thing that annoys me. I want to have brown switches, because it will primary be for programming, and also for gaming (but this is not the first criteria). Do you know what was wrong with filco brown switches ? Or is it just something you heard ?

Anyway, thanks for all of your replies (I didn't expect that much so quickly !)

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #5919 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 11:05:48 »
Is it possible to get 2x3x4 RGB LEDs?

no

3mm round rgb?

Yes

They are very rare though. I have only found them in handful of places and with MOQ of many thousand pcs unfortunately: Example

Edit: Also, they are cumbersome to use because of their pitch (distance between pins). They require very small pads around the holes and tight soldering.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2014, 11:07:32 by damorgue »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5920 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 11:16:06 »
Oh allright well I am wrong then ! OK so there is no reason not to go for a Filco keyboard then.

Just one thing that annoys me. I want to have brown switches, because it will primary be for programming, and also for gaming (but this is not the first criteria). Do you know what was wrong with filco brown switches ? Or is it just something you heard ?

Different switches feel different in different keyboards. Apparently the construction on the Filco leads them to not feel well on the Filcos. I hate Browns in general so I can't comment on how they'd feel. I've never owned a keyboard with Browns. Missalaire sold her Filco saying they Browns felt odd on the Filco. So yes, it's just what friends have told me. I have Blues on mine.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5921 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 11:16:18 »

Filco with Browns is a fine choice! Don't let anyone tell you differently. I own several Filcos!!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #5922 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 11:22:34 »
Is it possible to get 2x3x4 RGB LEDs?

no

3mm round rgb?

Yes

They are very rare though. I have only found them in handful of places and with MOQ of many thousand pcs unfortunately: Example

Edit: Also, they are cumbersome to use because of their pitch (distance between pins). They require very small pads around the holes and tight soldering.

Let me clarify then

No*

*Nothing available for your or I to buy from our local friendly digikey/mouser/newark

I have looked into those before, and the few companies I contacted which had that exact image said "oh no, we don't make those"

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #5923 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 11:34:59 »

Nothing wrong with them.  They are the same as all other browns (switch wise), but they are apparently soldered better than most PCBs.  I use a Filco TKL with Browns as my daily driver.  Great board...

The only thing that is wrong with Filco w/ browns is that they have been very hard to find recently.  There have been a few threads on here asking "when will a filco tkl with browns be in stock" because there is limited availability in the US recently and they are sold out everywhere...

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #5924 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 12:10:09 »

Different switches feel different in different keyboards. Apparently the construction on the Filco leads them to not feel well on the Filcos. I hate Browns in general so I can't comment on how they'd feel. I've never owned a keyboard with Browns. Missalaire sold her Filco saying they Browns felt odd on the Filco. So yes, it's just what friends have told me. I have Blues on mine.

Thanks for the response on the led hole CPT.  I thought I was thinking right but wanted some confirmation.

Have you tried lubed browns?  I think that is what cherry was looking for in that switch.  Stock browns to me are kinda meh, but lubed browns feel nice with lighter caps.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5925 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 12:14:08 »
Have you tried lubed browns?  I think that is what cherry was looking for in that switch.  Stock browns to me are kinda meh, but lubed browns feel nice with lighter caps.

No, I've pretty much given up on Browns and Reds. :(

Offline qrthur

« Reply #5926 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 12:16:22 »

Filco with Browns is a fine choice! Don't let anyone tell you differently. I own several Filcos!!

Allright then it is a deal ! Thanks guys for helping me be sure of my choice (and this choice spared me 1+ month or waiting the delivery and 30~€)

See you around

Offline PhineasRex

« Reply #5927 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 13:13:28 »
Is there any place I can buy wooden keycaps? I see that mechanicalkeyboards sells a single Row 1 poplar key, but I would need the other rows too. Thanks for your answers!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5928 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 14:46:08 »
Is there any place I can buy wooden keycaps? I see that mechanicalkeyboards sells a single Row 1 poplar key, but I would need the other rows too. Thanks for your answers!

Some people have made them, but not recently. There was some problem with them that I can't remember.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5929 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 14:48:54 »

Think MechanicalKeyboards.com is the only current retail place you can get it. Nubbinator has made one as far as I can remember. You could try asking The_Beast as well.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5930 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 15:10:54 »
Hey guys, quick question:

Somewhere in the GH60 thread it was recommended to use PCB mounted switches even if you ordered a plate because it would be even more sturdy.

Can you use PCB mounted switches with every plate without breaking off the pins or is this a feature of the GH60?

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #5931 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 15:12:48 »

Somewhere in the GH60 thread it was recommended to use PCB mounted switches even if you ordered a plate because it would be even more sturdy.

Can you use PCB mounted switches with every plate without breaking off the pins or is this a feature of the GH60?

PCB mounted switches only have to be broken off if the PCB doesn't have the PCB-mount holes.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5932 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 15:13:50 »

Think it's more of a question of the PCB. PCB mounted switches will fit in the plates fine. It's whether or not the PCB has holes to accept the legs.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5933 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 15:25:49 »
Thanks for the fast replies!

Well, I guess in this case I will order PCB mounted switches to be prepared for everything. In the worst case I'd have to break off the pins which shouldn't be too much of a hustle :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5934 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 15:27:49 »
Thanks for the fast replies!

Well, I guess in this case I will order PCB mounted switches to be prepared for everything. In the worst case I'd have to break off the pins which shouldn't be too much of a hustle :)

That's usually my thinking as well. Rather have the extra pins and clip them off rather than potentially have a wobbly switch. (Not saying plate mounted will be wobbly, but extra stability/overkill is good.)
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 January 2014, 15:29:35 by CPTBadAss »

Offline yasuo

« Reply #5935 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 01:02:27 »
Actually colors keycap on hhkb white is white on blue or grey? :)
i see blues sky though on EK written gray :)

Offline yasuo

« Reply #5936 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 03:08:11 »
Ducky has the yellow keyboard, not Leopold.
I thik leopold fc700R release yellow version,soon :))

Link?

A yellow FC660[C|M] would be nice :)
51150-0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5937 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 03:44:44 »
Ducky has the yellow keyboard, not Leopold.
I thik leopold fc700R release yellow version,soon :))

Link?

A yellow FC660[C|M] would be nice :)
(Attachment Link)

Nice - reminiscent of the yellow Filco!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5938 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 08:15:11 »
Actually colors keycap on hhkb white is white on blue or grey? :)
i see blues sky though on EK written gray :)

From EK

Looks like dark grey/black on grey for the mods and dark grey/black on white for the alphas.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #5939 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 14:47:18 »
What is the difference between KMAC and KMAC LE?  How do I program my KMAC to shut off the LEDs?  Can I ask a machine shop to anodize any aluminum case to get the titanium color on the KMAC?
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5940 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 14:49:11 »
1) What is the difference between KMAC and KMAC LE?
2) How do I program my KMAC to shut off the LEDs? 
3) Can I ask a machine shop to anodize any aluminum case to get the titanium color on the KMAC?

1) Anodization finish
2) I'm not 100% sure but you can check these threads:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=49647.0
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=30875.0
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=51252.0
3) Yes. The shop might not be able to do the anodization there, but they should know of a shop that can do the anodization for you.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 January 2014, 14:52:03 by CPTBadAss »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5941 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 14:55:56 »
What is the difference between KMAC and KMAC LE?  How do I program my KMAC to shut off the LEDs?  Can I ask a machine shop to anodize any aluminum case to get the titanium color on the KMAC?

KMAC LE had the bottom and top parts of the case anodyzed a (very slightly) different colour and was sold as a slight discount, I believe. It also says "KMAC LE" on the PCB.

LED functionality is controlled with a key command available in the programming GUI. I mapped mine to fn+esc. Pressing it turns the different LED "groups" on and off. (esc, functions, wasd cluster, all on, all off I think)

Offline nzhao20

« Reply #5942 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 15:26:27 »
http://i.imgur.com/6slkxKz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UpLtfkj.jpg
Anyone know whether there are replacement controllers that would fit this keyboard (fc660c)?

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5943 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 19:43:45 »
Anyone know whether there are replacement controllers that would fit this keyboard (fc660c)?

Not yet. The closes is the replacement HHKB controller that hasu has made
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=12047.0

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #5944 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 19:51:46 »

Just in case you didn't know, you can use the code below to show your pictures off next time:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/6slkxKz.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/UpLtfkj.jpg[/img]

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #5945 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 21:12:09 »
I'm searching for a guy to cut cases for ergodox here in Brazil, and he asked me if I had the measurements of each of the pieces from Litster's design I got from the CAD thread.

Can someone help me or the files are in 'real size'?

Offline yasuo

« Reply #5946 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 21:17:04 »
I'm searching for a guy to cut cases for ergodox here in Brazil, and he asked me if I had the measurements of each of the pieces from Litster's design I got from the CAD thread.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47744
i hope helps :)

Offline lcs

• Lover of Grape Drank
  • はやく
« Reply #5947 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 21:19:04 »

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=47744
i hope helps :)

I got the file from there, but it seems they have no measurements :'(

I don't understand a thing about CAD, though, maybe I'm wrong XD

Offline KaLam1ty

« Reply #5948 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 23:00:07 »
In the Pitched Black GB, I asked why people thought Cherry Profile was better than OEM.
From what I've gathered, people tend to like the typing experience on it more.

Any specifics for those who have Cherry and why they like it more as well? I'm trying to convince myself of
whether or not I should give a try at a set before dropping $50. 'would like to know everything that is
"oh so great" about Cherry :thumb:.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #5949 on: Fri, 17 January 2014, 00:11:56 »
where do people make out picture of keycaps for picture? is there program of doing it, or people just make it by photoshop?
like these few picture

(pic from google, pretty sure the first one is from originative, not sure about the second one)