Author Topic: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)  (Read 3553926 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Simple Questions, Simple Answers (FAQ in the OP)
« Reply #8300 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 22:31:11 »
The grips on my HASRO are absolutely gone. Anyone know of any good replacement grips for keyboards? small enough to not make the keyboard slanted or anything..just to add a little grip underneath

BlueLounge Grips are what people have used on their HHKBs. Can also look into bumpons or rubber with adhesive backing from 3M. Can also sit it on something grippy like drawer linear or fohat.digs' EDPM mats.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #8301 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 22:56:55 »
The grips on my HASRO are absolutely gone. Anyone know of any good replacement grips for keyboards? small enough to not make the keyboard slanted or anything..just to add a little grip underneath

BlueLounge Grips are what people have used on their HHKBs. Can also look into bumpons or rubber with adhesive backing from 3M. Can also sit it on something grippy like drawer linear or fohat.digs' EDPM mats.

not to be THAT guy but I'm going to be THAT guy, anyone have a link for "Can also look into bumpons or rubber with adhesive backing from 3M." this? I'm aware of fohat's thread :P

thanks CPT

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8302 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 23:00:48 »
not to be THAT guy but I'm going to be THAT guy, anyone have a link for "Can also look into bumpons or rubber with adhesive backing from 3M." this? I'm aware of fohat's thread :P

thanks CPT

Nice non-statement. I could send you to let me google that for you but I won't be that guy. See how that works?  ;) Here's some possible products that could help you:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-SJ5312-Bumpon-Blister-Clear/dp/B000NG60SW
http://www.amazon.com/3M-2155-Rubber-Splicing-Tape/dp/B001CGVEXS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402372650&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+rubber+tape
http://www.amazon.com/Bluelounge-Design-Protective-Tablets-KS-GR/dp/B005J6SRY6

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #8303 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 23:03:50 »

thanks CPT

Nice non-statement. I could send you to let me google that for you but I won't be that guy. See how that works?  ;) Here's some possible products that could help you:

http://www.amazon.com/3M-2155-Rubber-Splicing-Tape/dp/B001CGVEXS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402372650&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+rubber+tape

THANK YOU for not being that guy

serious potential for too many of those 'guys' tonight

seriously; thanks for the links

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8304 on: Mon, 09 June 2014, 23:10:01 »

THANK YOU for not being that guy

serious potential for too many of those 'guys' tonight

seriously; thanks for the links

Dubsgalore, just be careful when picking out bumpons. They come in a lot of different sizes. The heights may angle your board to an angle you won't like. It's probably easiest if you make paper shims and measure the shims with a ruler to figure out what size bumpon would work for you. I think people are really happy with those BlueLounge strips too.

Offline combataran

« Reply #8305 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 06:00:58 »
What's the heaviest 60% case on the market?
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #8306 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 06:10:21 »

Probably one of those with brass weights, so I'd guess the 356mini.

(That's of course a whole keyboard, not sure what standalone cases have brass weights)
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 June 2014, 06:11:57 by BlueBär »

Offline combataran

« Reply #8307 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 07:00:11 »

Probably one of those with brass weights, so I'd guess the 356mini.

(That's of course a whole keyboard, not sure what standalone cases have brass weights)
I'm only aware of the Duck Poker with brass pucks, and the FMJ #1 with brass suites. And that beautiful brass slab of the 356mini.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8308 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 08:37:33 »
LZ-SE. Heaviest board I ever picked up, period. I literally hurt my hand picking it up one handed at keycon.

60%? probably the 356mini, duck mini, or hsmmer case.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #8309 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 11:11:03 »
Didn't Gupgup have a milled steel imsto poker case at one time? I wonder what ever happened to that thing...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8310 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 11:32:20 »
LZ-SE. Heaviest board I ever picked up, period. I literally hurt my hand picking it up one handed at keycon.

60%? probably the 356mini, duck mini, or hsmmer case.

definitely the 356
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #8311 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 15:01:14 »
Quick question -

If I'm using red springs in clear switches, should I go with thin lube? I read that thick lube is better for clear switches, but at the same time, thin lube may be the only thing that red springs will be able to support in combination with the clear switch.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #8312 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 15:30:19 »
If I'm using red springs in clear switches, should I go with thin lube? I read that thick lube is better for clear switches, but at the same time, thin lube may be the only thing that red springs will be able to support in combination with the clear switch.

I don't think that thick lube is that sticky that it would be an issue.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #8313 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 16:14:49 »
Quick question -

I bought grease and oil and mixed until I thought it was a good consistency.  It is greasy enough to stay where I put it, but it is viscous enough that if I shake the container, it moves the mixture down the side of the container pretty easily.  I found the thickness of the lube to be very subjective.  I played with it a bit until I was happy with it.  I still don't KNOW for sure that it is the perfect mix, but it feels right now. 

Maybe someone can link a guide that describes the consistency that lube should be.  I think it is probably too subjective and hard to quantify for people to give really good answers on this...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8314 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 16:18:39 »
Quick question -

Maybe someone can link a guide that describes the consistency that lube should be.  I think it is probably too subjective and hard to quantify for people to give really good answers on this...

For my switches, I just mixed it like you did until I was happy with the consistency. It turned out to be about fifty percent Krytox 206 and fifty percent 1506. This one might be a test-for-yourself thing. Could also get mkawa to chime in since he's the one that's done the most research into Krytox.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #8315 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 16:57:34 »
Just to clarify, the thin and thick lubes I'm talking about are mkawas.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #8316 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 16:59:44 »

is one a grease and one an oil?  if so, I would recommend getting both and mixing them till you have a nice consistency.  i bought Krytox grease from mkawa and Krytox oil from Sprit and mixed them to a consistency I was happy with...

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #8317 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 17:53:38 »

is one a grease and one an oil?  if so, I would recommend getting both and mixing them till you have a nice consistency.  i bought Krytox grease from mkawa and Krytox oil from Sprit and mixed them to a consistency I was happy with...

I'm pretty sure its a premixed solution of oil and grease already.

How did you know when it was "right"?

Also, is thicker lube recommended for clears generally because thin lube doesn't have much effect on how they feel?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8318 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 18:02:53 »
How did you know when it was "right"?

Also, is thicker lube recommended for clears generally because thin lube doesn't have much effect on how they feel?

It was right 'cause I shook it in the can and I watched how the fluid flowed. When I liked the viscosity, I stopped.

I believe thick is for Topre. I think the thin will work fine for Clears. This thread has some feedback on how people like lubing their switches.

Offline combataran

« Reply #8319 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 21:23:38 »
How does the pcb and plate being bolted down to the case instead of sandwiched between 2 aluminum layers like the kmac and 356mini affect the stability and typing feedback on the fingers? The first thing that comes to mind is the plate flex for sandwiched cases. Anything else?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8320 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 21:28:46 »
How does the pcb and plate being bolted down to the case instead of sandwiched between 2 aluminum layers like the kmac and 356mini affect the stability and typing feedback on the fingers? The first thing that comes to mind is the plate flex for sandwiched cases. Anything else?

The KMAC is bolted to the bottom half of the case. I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #8321 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 21:42:58 »
Can someone tell if this GH60 PCB is a revision with no major problems? How could it be this cheap?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #8322 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 22:07:22 »
Can someone tell if this GH60 PCB is a revision with no major problems? How could it be this cheap?

That is a FaceU by BeastMask. Similar to a GH60 in that it's programmable and configurable for several layouts. But not a GH60.

sprit has been selling its successor, the FaceW, for a while now.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #8323 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 22:43:52 »
Thanks for responses about lubing.

I also have some questions about purchasing stabilizers and stabilizers in general.

First, what are the primary differences in appearance between plate and pcb mount stabilizers? Is it possible to turn one into the other as with PCB mount switches into plate mount switches?

Second, what type is typically used for custom keyboards? (Seems like Cherry is?)

Third, where can I purchase them for cheap? Willing to buy in bulk (up to about $50 worth, maybe $100 if absolutely necessary). Cherry preferred.

Offline combataran

« Reply #8324 on: Tue, 10 June 2014, 23:03:49 »

The KMAC is bolted to the bottom half of the case. I'm not sure what you're referring to.
What I meant was the KMAC is bolted to the sides of the bottom half, and that with the aluminium 60%s, the pcb and plate is bolted directly to the base of the case.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #8325 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 00:35:51 »
Thanks for responses about lubing.

I also have some questions about purchasing stabilizers and stabilizers in general.

First, what are the primary differences in appearance between plate and pcb mount stabilizers? Is it possible to turn one into the other as with PCB mount switches into plate mount switches?

Second, what type is typically used for custom keyboards? (Seems like Cherry is?)

Third, where can I purchase them for cheap? Willing to buy in bulk (up to about $50 worth, maybe $100 if absolutely necessary). Cherry preferred.

There is enough of a difference between plate and PCB mount Cherry stabs that they are not interchangeable.  PCB mount stabs will not for through the hole in a plate meant for plate mount and plate mount stabs will not clip into the PCB.  Also Costar stabs only come in plate mount.  There is a hole design for the plate that will accept both plate mount cherry and costar.  It was used on the phantom plates iirc.

For cherry switches though the only difference is PCB mount has 2 extra pins as part of the bottom switch housing.  Clip them off and you now have plate mount.  Plate mount switches will technically work without a plate but it is not recommended for stability reasons and it is almost impossible to get them to line up correctly.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8326 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 07:24:14 »
1) What are the primary differences in appearance between plate and pcb mount stabilizers?

2) Is it possible to turn one into the other as with PCB mount switches into plate mount switches?

3) What type is typically used for custom keyboards? (Seems like Cherry is?)

4) Where can I purchase them for cheap? Willing to buy in bulk (up to about $50 worth, maybe $100 if absolutely necessary). Cherry preferred.

1) Check out this image from the GH60 GB OP.

2) No

3) I've seen both. The Korean customs tend to go Cherry and I think the Phantom has Costar. Although I think Melvang might know better than I do.

4) Mouser will sell the stabilizers in bulk but they don't have the 6.25x wires. I think they had 6x and 8x but I don't remember. OnlineComponents might have it too. And I think Imsto and GON have stabilizers as well but I don't know if you'll be able to buy in bulk. I bought like 20 kits of the stabilizers (besides the wires) from Mouser a while back. You can either bend the wire yourself, harvest them, or try and find another supplier that has the proper kits. The OP has some details about the component names and how to buy them on Mouser.

What I meant was the KMAC is bolted to the sides of the bottom half, and that with the aluminium 60%s, the pcb and plate is bolted directly to the base of the case.

I don't notice a change in feel between the two. The Duck Minis I've tried are just as solid feeling as my KMAC.

Offline combataran

« Reply #8327 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 07:48:35 »
And do I need to get the addon pack for the Taihao Dolch if I'm only using a 60%?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8328 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 07:50:24 »
And do I need to get the addon pack for the Taihao Dolch if I'm only using a 60%?

I don't know. Is your 60% ISO, Winkeyless, setup like the Pure, or do you want blank windows caps? If you answer yes to any of those, then you probably want it. Although you could start a new trend and not put caps in certain places and type on the stems  :)).
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 June 2014, 07:53:04 by CPTBadAss »

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #8329 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 07:51:35 »

Please take a closer look at what the addon pack contains. It depends on your planned layout.

Sniped!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #8330 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 07:54:37 »

That is a FaceU by BeastMask. Similar to a GH60 in that it's programmable and configurable for several layouts. But not a GH60.

Does it worth a try?

Offline combataran

« Reply #8331 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 07:57:18 »

Please take a closer look at what the addon pack contains. It depends on your planned layout.

Sniped!
It has Poker II innards.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8332 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 07:57:34 »

Does it worth a try?

Can't hurt to try it. But if it were me, I'd rather get the FaceW since it's newer and presumably updated.

Sniped!
It has Poker II innards.

So you don't need it unless you want the blank windows keys.

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #8333 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 08:18:47 »
I hear that thick abs cherry/gmk is the best, however I can't seem to find where to buy keysets like that? Is it only sold in the aftermarket?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8334 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 08:21:05 »
I hear that thick abs cherry/gmk is the best, however I can't seem to find where to buy keysets like that? Is it only sold in the aftermarket?

There's a GB running right now for GMK keycaps in the Dolch Colorway here from Ivan. BunnyLake has also hinted CTRL ALT will be running GMK sets soon. You can also look for Cherry G80-XXXXH and G81-XXXXH keyboards on eBay to harvest the keycaps from. Finally, they might show up in the classifieds.

Edit: FWIW, the doubleshot Cherry/GMK caps are my favorite keycaps hands down.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 June 2014, 08:25:11 by CPTBadAss »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8335 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 10:55:32 »
My favorites too.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #8336 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 22:30:55 »
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but we will see.

I am putting together a 60% board right now and I was planning to do an ANSI Pure layout (1.75 short right shift + fn key).  I was putting the stabilizers together and putting them on the board and I realized that since the shift key is less than 2 units long, it does not have stabilizers.  I am interested in people's feedback who have used the pure layout if that has been an issue at all.  My main concern is that when I do hit that key, I almost never hit it in the middle of the key and I am wondering if people have had problems with it because of that.

Thanks for the input...

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #8337 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 22:50:22 »

I am putting together a 60% board right now and I was planning to do an ANSI Pure layout (1.75 short right shift + fn key).  I was putting the stabilizers together and putting them on the board and I realized that since the shift key is less than 2 units long, it does not have stabilizers.  I am interested in people's feedback who have used the pure layout if that has been an issue at all.  My main concern is that when I do hit that key, I almost never hit it in the middle of the key and I am wondering if people have had problems with it because of that.

Thanks for the input...

Caps Lock is 1.75 and it does not have an stabilizer, I have heard no complains on the caps lock being
an issue. Neither in the center stem, nor in the sided stem one.

In my case I use caps lock as control and I have not had any issue at all, of course its use as control key is far more frequent than as caps lock. According with WhatPulse it has  3% of usage.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #8338 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 23:03:53 »

Thanks for the input...

Caps Lock is 1.75 and it does not have an stabilizer, I have heard no complains on the caps lock being
an issue. Neither in the center stem, nor in the sided stem one.

In my case I use caps lock as control and I have not had any issue at all, of course its use as control key is far more frequent than as caps lock. According with WhatPulse it has  3% of usage.

I also use caps lock as control, so that is a pretty good comparison.  Thanks for the input, that helps me...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #8339 on: Wed, 11 June 2014, 23:24:06 »
Yeah, I like the short right shift. No stabilizer needed. I always hit it on that side, anyway, so I don't miss the extra length. And when you get used to the HHKB layout, you just expect the Fn key to be to the right of the shift key. :)

in memoriam

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #8340 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 04:50:43 »
Any idea where I could find images that are printable for actual size for bending cherry, costar, and/or alps stabilizer wires?  Looking for something I can use as a template for sizes and styles that I don't have in my possession.   Also, wire thickness for these would be great.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Hzza

« Reply #8341 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 05:12:19 »
I know the size of the wire is 1.6mm (I use stainless steel welding rods), and there are spacebar dimensions on the DT wiki but don't know if there are any templates. I just use an existing wire and a wire bending jig (picked one up on ebay for like £5) to make mine.

Spacebar dims - http://deskthority.net/wiki/Space_bar_dimensions
Jig - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/wire-bending-jig-perfect-shapes-every-time-/281193034524?pt=UK_BOI_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item417869331c#ht_559wt_1161
Rods - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171205928211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1701wt_1161

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #8342 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 07:01:47 »
I know the size of the wire is 1.6mm (I use stainless steel welding rods), and there are spacebar dimensions on the DT wiki but don't know if there are any templates. I just use an existing wire and a wire bending jig (picked one up on ebay for like £5) to make mine.

Spacebar dims - http://deskthority.net/wiki/Space_bar_dimensions
Jig - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/wire-bending-jig-perfect-shapes-every-time-/281193034524?pt=UK_BOI_Metalworking_Milling_Welding_Metalworking_Supplies_ET&hash=item417869331c#ht_559wt_1161
Rods - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171205928211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_1701wt_1161

That thickness almost sounds like it would be for cherry wires. 

Also, that jig wouldn't really work much for costar wires.  I was planning on getting a set of round nose and possibly a set of 3 jaw pliers. 

Offline Hzza

« Reply #8343 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 07:08:19 »
Yeah, you're right, all that information just relates to Cherry wires. I have no idea about Costar/Alps thickness, that post should cover the Costar side though.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8344 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 07:27:59 »

Thanks for the input...

I wouldn't worry about it. I have two keyboards with this layout (Pure and Epsilon) and it hasn't been an issue.

Any idea where I could find images that are printable for actual size for bending cherry, costar, and/or alps stabilizer wires?  Looking for something I can use as a template for sizes and styles that I don't have in my possession.   Also, wire thickness for these would be great.

I'm not sure there has been templates made. I know metalliqaz bent wire for the Epsilon boards by trial and error.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 June 2014, 07:32:53 by CPTBadAss »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #8345 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 07:32:02 »
Litster had a YouTube video for bending Costar wires. Is it not in the OP? I can post a link later if not, and if someone doesn't beat me to it. I'm on my mobile right now.

in memoriam

Offline Hzza

« Reply #8346 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 07:33:13 »
Litster had a YouTube video for bending Costar wires. Is it not in the OP? I can post a link later if not, and if someone doesn't beat me to it. I'm on my mobile right now.
It's in the post I linked 2 posts above yours (and linked in the OP).

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8347 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 07:34:48 »

It's in the OP. Here is the link in the OP. Here is the link to the video itself.

Offline gustavQ

« Reply #8348 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 18:20:25 »
Hi guys,

this is a keyboard that it is worth it to buy?

PREH COMMANDER PC-POS C2A12L03G1

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8349 on: Thu, 12 June 2014, 18:28:37 »
Hi guys,

this is a keyboard that it is worth it to buy?

PREH COMMANDER PC-POS C2A12L03G1

Show Image

It would help way more to know what switches are in it. After doing some poking around, it seems they might be MX compatible keycaps, perhaps from WYSE, with the possibility of having the following switches: MX, MY, Keytronic, Slider over rubber dome. If you're not there in person to test it, have someone pull a keycap and take a picture. Just a glance of the top isn't that helpful and I can't recommend you buy it or not buy it until I know more. Posts I gathered information from:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38676.msg750974#msg750974
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38676.0
http://deskthority.net/f-o-r-s-a-l-e-f58/ugly-thin-old-yellowed-doubleshot-mx-compatible-caps-t6039.html
http://deskthority.net/f-o-r-s-a-l-e-f58/ugly-thin-old-yellowed-doubleshot-mx-compatible-caps-t6039.html