Author Topic: Super rare IBM Model M - Only 4 in exsistance!  (Read 22673 times)

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
Re: Super rare IBM Model M - Only 4 in exsistance!
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 22:34:49 »
Great.  Now Mandolin has to add a 5th keyboard to his (re)listing.

I'm sure he'll do that right after he puts that 100% charity thing back in there.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 22:37:15 »
Oh snap, Soarer has a square crystal AND green PCB, I'll give you $2k for it right now.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 22:48:18 »
That's a spirit OP keep em coming http://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fight-NIB-for-snes-mint-in-box-factory-sealed-/181160709332?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a2e050cd4#ht_449wt_1399

I think I'm going to wear my socks to work for 7 days straight and all day long, even go to sleep with them. after a week I'm going to post them on ebay as rare unwashed item, starting bid $99. Hope you bid on it Mandolin.
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 21 June 2013, 23:19:00 »
That's a spirit OP keep em coming http://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fight-NIB-for-snes-mint-in-box-factory-sealed-/181160709332?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a2e050cd4#ht_449wt_1399

I think I'm going to wear my socks to work for 7 days straight and all day long, even go to sleep with them. after a week I'm going to post them on ebay as rare unwashed item, starting bid $99. Hope you bid on it Mandolin.

Great stuff is coming in the future. I've got a panic restaurant and flintstones  surprise at dinosaur peak for nes if you're into games, I'm gonna post them to ebay next week. Keep an eye open for how much they go if you're interested in my sales. Actually, OP is "the beast"  ;), but thanks for the publicity.

I'm sure he'll do that right after he puts that 100% charity thing back in there.

Added. Charity makes people go crazy. I'd never put it up again.
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 June 2013, 23:38:22 by Mandolin »
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Due chihuahua and demoncat orders
- Boobiecaps
- Optic fiber embedded keycaps
- Others

Offline 1391406

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 12:19:18 »
How can this be the rarest when there are 5 others (that we know about) like it?
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 14:34:07 »
Mandolin, I don't see how you don't understand that what you expect to happen isn't going to happen. There are more keyboards like yours out there. It's just one different electronic part. There's not really that much to it. Where did you find it? In a electronics scrapeyards? I am going to quote you a few times now:
Where have you asked already?
In my country I went to the electronic scrapeyards, public institutions that may got them in warehouses, schools, house of electronic enthusiasts, university, etc, and found a couple, but almost anywhere I went had tons of them a year ago, or tossed them away the past month week. I recommend you to go places, talk to people, and do it while you can, as they're rare, but they are becoming rarer.
It is not even a brand new keyboard and even a brand new one will not reach such a price.

When you started here on GH you dug up old threads and spammed some newer ones. I think most of these posts have been deleted. As nubbinator said, it was becoming obvious that you wanted to reach your 60 post count. I posted as well in the "New user post limit" thread because I was getting annoyed by this too. You even had a link to one of your auctions in your signature.

So today I took my time and went through your posts, all of them. Pretty interesting. Here are some interesting posts (some parts underlined by me, but nothing shortened):
Whenever there is a ebay auction, koreans get to participate and buy them eventually in some cases.
Why is that?
I mean, spanish keyboards? german layouts? arabic layouts? what for.
Which vintage switches are the rarest and priced the highest or get crazy prices in ebay auctions?
Maybe some fellow korean collector will pay him that much. I think 500 usd is the market price for the one he has, it's not a deal of how fare it is, as in any collectors item, value depends on rarity and what collectors are willing to pay. Good for him though, I hope he sells it at that price.

You also advertised your own auction:
The seller of those blue alps must be awesome  :cool:
[...]
Just 6 hours to go  :confused:
And after the auction was over:
I'm the seller of the switches, and I just got a email from the winning bidder that didn't read well about the shipping and he pulled back, so the switches are still available.
[...]

Please consider not just coming to GH to sell things. People have called you out a few times now, and you have attracted negative attention here (1 & 2) and also on Deskthority. Don't you think it's time to change something? I bet your answer is simply "no".

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 14:54:22 »
Thanks for that awesome post BlueBär.  I am getting tired of this endless self promotion, putting up his ebay sales in the great finds section, the worthless spamming and necroing he did to hit 60 posts, etc.  If there was some content actually being generated by him and he actually posted in the classifieds (like you're supposed to), that would be one thing, but just the attempt to use Geekhack as a cash cow is annoying.

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 14:59:25 »
It's time to just lock and delete all of Mandolin's threads of self promotion and ban him for breaking TOS multiple times. He hasn't positively contributed to the community and is only aggravating everyone with his self-promotion.

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 15:10:25 »
I don't advertise my sales here anymore, you keep posting them, in the great finds section last time were "the_beast" and  "1391406" who posted them. I just answered questions and post updates on them.

From now on I won't interact in them, that should fix the issue. Though, I'd continue to post things on ebay, just don't bring them up to avoid disturbances.

Cheers. :-*

pd: If I broke something in the TOS, ban me indefinitely. As I haven't, I dare you.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 June 2013, 01:05:54 by Mandolin »
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Boobiecaps
- Others

Offline neoezekiel

• My GW2 Guild - The Fallen Souls [SouL]
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 15:15:27 »

Great stuff is coming in the future. I've got a panic restaurant and flintstones  surprise at dinosaur peak for nes if you're into games, I'm gonna post them to ebay next week. Keep an eye open for how much they go if you're interested in my sales. Actually, OP is "the beast"  ;), but thanks for the publicity.

Added. Charity makes people go crazy. I'd never put it up again.

You've got to be joking. You sold another of the exact same Item not even a week ago, for $76.44 with free shipping. You didn't even bother to put up new pictures.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fight-NIB-for-snes-mint-in-box-factory-sealed-/181156759710

WTF is wrong with you? Or are you just here to troll us?
WTB: Cherry G80-2550, GnCC/CCnG sets, led mx greens, mx dark greys, Plate Design Service, Case Design Service

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 15:20:37 »
I'll go one up on it and say what I think, at risk of offending people (other than Mandolin, whose opinion I could care less about).

I think it it outright dishonest. He's basically got crap and is trying to make it sound like gold to fool people.

If I sourced 100 Model Ms from different junkyards, I would probably come up with a few custom-made for some industrial plant or unique corporate customer. They would have different keycaps, or maybe different connectors, or some kind of unique element. Originally there could have been 1000 such keyboards, but time has led to maybe 900 disappearing and another 99 in low profile locations (eg your grandpa's workshop or granduncle's garage). Then if I proclaimed the Model M as 'unique and specially made for the unique conditions in a certain factory that is long gone', I could also put it on auction for 1000$.

And worst of all, there would be suckers who bought it for $1000. Considering how many Americans believed in George Bush's WMD lies, that's a pretty big pool of gullible folks out there.

As a guy who has benefitted greatly from this forum because there are tons of enthusiasts here who can share their experiences and knowledge, it totally irks me that there are people who treat this forum as a way to promote their dubious auctions.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline neoezekiel

• My GW2 Guild - The Fallen Souls [SouL]
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 16:32:33 »
I'll go one up on it and say what I think, at risk of offending people (other than Mandolin, whose opinion I could care less about).

I think it it outright dishonest. He's basically got crap and is trying to make it sound like gold to fool people.

If I sourced 100 Model Ms from different junkyards, I would probably come up with a few custom-made for some industrial plant or unique corporate customer. They would have different keycaps, or maybe different connectors, or some kind of unique element. Originally there could have been 1000 such keyboards, but time has led to maybe 900 disappearing and another 99 in low profile locations (eg your grandpa's workshop or granduncle's garage). Then if I proclaimed the Model M as 'unique and specially made for the unique conditions in a certain factory that is long gone', I could also put it on auction for 1000$.

And worst of all, there would be suckers who bought it for $1000. Considering how many Americans believed in George Bush's WMD lies, that's a pretty big pool of gullible folks out there.

As a guy who has benefitted greatly from this forum because there are tons of enthusiasts here who can share their experiences and knowledge, it totally irks me that there are people who treat this forum as a way to promote their dubious auctions.

This.
This is exactly what I was thinking, but could not verbalize.
GeekHack is a place for people to come together and share a passion.
It is not a place for *******s to try to rip people off.   :mad:
WTB: Cherry G80-2550, GnCC/CCnG sets, led mx greens, mx dark greys, Plate Design Service, Case Design Service

Offline Mandolin

• Crystal Connoisseur
  • * Maker
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 16:35:24 »
Simple solution to everybody: as I don't advertise my sales anymore in the forum, don't bring them up/post them. I'd sell my stuff through ebay and won't discuss any sale from now on in the forum. More so if they are not related to keyboards.
Artisan keycap Maker
Working on
More
- Custom keycaps
- Artkeycaps V2 sale
- Boobiecaps
- Others

Offline Dimswitch

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 22 June 2013, 22:02:19 »
Guys: this isn't a ripoff scam - it's a troll attempt.

And so far Mandolin has been extremely successful with it.

Ignore it and it will go away. Keep posting about what an outrage it is, etc... Well, that's exactly what he wants from you.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 03:54:41 »

Looks like I found another one.... sad day Mandolin, that value of that "rare" keyboard keeps falling
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 06:09:59 »
well done, Beast. BTW do you think (As you are the thread opener) you could stop posting anything related to Mandolin? It's just attracting our disgusted reactions and giving that guy free publicity.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 06:12:31 »
well done, Beast. BTW do you think (As you are the thread opener) you could stop posting anything related to Mandolin? It's just attracting our disgusted reactions and giving that guy free publicity.

It's not mine. I was just google searching and found it..........

.....speaks a lot about the "rarity" of these boards (also sorry for bring attention to him even more, but I find it extremely funny)
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 06:14:35 »
He is talking about this tread, maybe it would be better if you just lock it.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 12:39:02 »
Hi the Beast and Chemist

I'd like to suggest (since you guys are moderators) that we create a 'joke' section. That way everyone knows that anything posted there is meant to be laughed at.

When you, a forum longtimer and moderator, posts an auction and makes semi-serious comments and follow up these comments with discussion, newbies may not be sure if you are being sarcastic or if you want to draw our attention to some kind of ultra rare great deal.

This isn't the first time I"ve seen ultra bad deals posted in the 'great finds' section. Great finds should be for us guys to discuss or buy.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 13:02:33 »

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 13:15:36 »

Offline Parak

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 13:35:05 »
You guys like rare crystals of power?

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=290936219753

No EXIF data in the JPG files = FAKE. This is clearly a scam to lure those expecting mint original JPGs directly from a camera, wake up sheeple!

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 15:37:16 »
awesome! We really need a joke thread and we can keep finding those $1000 junk keyboards and have a laugh at them.

Offline brialona

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 16:05:07 »
mandolin seems like a ***
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 June 2013, 19:09:56 by JesuswasaZombie »
ozil

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 23 June 2013, 16:23:11 »
Yeah, this has gone on long enough, this thread has gone from talking about the item to a 10 vs 1 thread, regardless if he's right or not he has the right to sell it for whatever he wants on eBay, that's why you always have to do your research before using eBay

For anyone to drop that amount of money on a keyboard I am sure that person would do enough research before purchasing.

Making a joke thread regarding high price items sure, but making a thread regarding a member because his items are priced high that's no go
Keyboardless