Author Topic: HHKB Pro 2 Love  (Read 439447 times)

Offline ajx

Re: HHKB Pro 2 Love
« Reply #1100 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 12:16:39 »
I still got ping from spring although i think it nicely aligned

Exactly like him

Why does the spring makes such ****ing sound, its very loud, i can clearly distinguish louder ping and normal ping

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #1101 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 15:12:59 »

WIP. Need two caps to finish, Bloodpact BBv2 and Bloodpact Reaper v1. Don't ever expect to find that reaper, but a man can hope!

Offline Macsmasher

« Reply #1102 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 16:38:13 »
Show Image

WIP. Need two caps to finish, Bloodpact BBv2 and Bloodpact Reaper v1. Don't ever expect to find that reaper, but a man can hope!

I like your wrist rest. Is that Tiger Maple?

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #1103 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 16:44:43 »
Show Image

The vendor has it listed as Walnut Brown

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #1104 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 16:44:59 »
https://www.keychatter.com/2016/01/04/interview-professor-eiiti-wada-creator-of-the-hhkb/

FINALLY the interview has been published on Massdrop!
Thanks so much for this! Professor Wada has certainly changed the way I do things. I use the HHKB Pro 2 most of the time, but even when using other keyboards in my rotation, I remap them to something as close as possible to the HHKB layout. It is great to see his own words about his creation.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1105 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 00:37:46 »
How much incline does hhkb have? using feet and not using feet  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1107 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 01:00:35 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 January 2016, 01:03:20 by bocahgundul »

Offline SunTanScanMan

« Reply #1108 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 01:04:52 »
Hi all, new member here.
Recently purchased this keyboard in black. I had been using a full size Das Model S Professional with Browns. The transition hasn't been as difficult as I had expected.

I wanted more desk room and also wanted to try out the topre switches. So far they're not a million miles away from browns, except being stiffer. The keys seem to push up much faster which makes the typing experience more enjoyable, along with the sound.

I originally purchased the Realforce, but cancelled and purchased the HHKB purely in terms of aesthetics. Hope to try that kb in the future though.
HHKB Professional 2 | Realforce 87U 55g | Leopold FC750R w/blues

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #1109 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 01:06:43 »
Hi all, new member here.
Recently purchased this keyboard in black. I had been using a full size Das Model S Professional with Browns. The transition hasn't been as difficult as I had expected.

I wanted more desk room and also wanted to try out the topre switches. So far they're not a million miles away from browns, except being stiffer. The keys seem to push up much faster which makes the typing experience more enjoyable, along with the sound.

I originally purchased the Realforce, but cancelled and purchased the HHKB purely in terms of aesthetics. Hope to try that kb in the future though.

Welcome to GH.  :)

The HHKB is the best looking stock keyboard EVER.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1110 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 01:09:38 »
Hi all, new member here.

Wellcome to GH hhkb is a really really good keyboard hope you enjoy it

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1111 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 01:15:14 »
Hi all, new member here.

If you hang around here for any length of time you'll probably end up with both keyboards! ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SunTanScanMan

« Reply #1112 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 01:53:27 »
Thanks for the warm welcome all!
Enjoying the keyboard very much indeed. I had been interested in it for a while. Very happy to finally be using it.  It is a lovely design indeed. More importantly, it is less bulkier and lighter on my desk and I have more room for books and documents. I can have my mouse nearer so it's a plus ergonomically too.

Hope to become a regular contributor to the forum and this thread. Cheers :thumb:
HHKB Professional 2 | Realforce 87U 55g | Leopold FC750R w/blues

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1118 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 14:39:07 »

Show Image

Exactly like him

Why does the spring makes such ****ing sound, its very loud, i can clearly distinguish louder ping and normal ping

Wait, your HHKB has ping from a spring? I've never had that before. Any way you can take a pic of it? (that was my pic btw, very curious how you are getting noise from the springs ha)

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1119 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 01:02:45 »

Show Image

Exactly like him

Wait, your HHKB has ping from a spring? I've never had that before. Any way you can take a pic of it? (that was my pic btw, very curious how you are getting noise from the springs ha)
Mind make that sound too I think Its because of the pcb not screwed tightly. After I received the lube that bunny sell I would open to see what makes that sound, but my hhkb just make spring noise when I press it hard

Offline ajx

« Reply #1120 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 03:15:38 »

Show Image

Exactly like him

Yes HHKB does make ping, it comes from ping, alignment was nearly perfect because i ve made several alignments (many!)
I will upload video
You can also hear the spring coming from stock HHKB but its way less noticeable

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46648.0

That's what i am talking about

Offline Macsmasher

« Reply #1121 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 04:28:28 »
Show Image

The vendor has it listed as Walnut Brown
Walnut brown may be the stain, but that doesn't look like Walnut to me. Nevertheless, I love it. I'm sure you enjoy it.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1122 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 04:50:54 »

Show Image

Exactly like him

Yes HHKB does make ping, it comes from ping, alignment was nearly perfect because i ve made several alignments (many!)
I will upload video
You can also hear the spring coming from stock HHKB but its way less noticeable

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46648.0

That's what i am talking about
Nah mine does not sound like that. Just a slight pinging noise

Offline ajx

« Reply #1123 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 04:25:16 »
Anyone got ''chattering'' issue with his HHKB?
When i barely even hit the key, it starts repeating the key without stopping

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1124 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 15:22:03 »

Nah, that title goes to RF10AE.  :P ;)

HHKB is a close second though.  :-*

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1125 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 15:23:35 »

Will completely agree with this one.

Offline Vimto

« Reply #1126 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 09:22:02 »
You guys convinced me.
Just ordered the Realforce 87 Anniversary Edition with 55g switches.
Let's see if i love it as much as my HHKB's

HHKB Pro 2    HHKB Pro 2   Realforce 87U       WhiteFox        Keyboardio
   BT Hasu                              55g 10th      The True Fox        Model 01
  Controller                        Anniversary Ed.     On Order         On Order

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1127 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:04:24 »

but it has messed up legends... :(
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #1128 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:13:50 »

Haha, the 10th Anniversary is pretty damn sexy.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1129 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:18:35 »

but it has messed up legends... :(

Define "messed up".  :P

You guys convinced me.
Just ordered the Realforce 87 Anniversary Edition with 55g switches.
Let's see if i love it as much as my HHKB's

YEEEEEEEE, good choice!  Hopefully it hasn't been built up in your mind to a point where it can't live up to the hype.  ;) 

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1130 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:26:57 »
Brothers help me. My mind is wandering toward thoughts of owning a 55g Realforce. I would have to give up my HHKB to do so. Someone please tell me it would be a mistake.

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #1131 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:28:49 »
Brothers help me. My mind is wandering toward thoughts of owning a 55g Realforce. I would have to give up my HHKB to do so. Someone please tell me it would be a mistake.

It would be a mistake.

-Someone

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1132 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:51:35 »

No can have both?  :(

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1133 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 12:59:48 »

No can have both?  :(

Too many keyboards already. If I wanted both at the same time I'll have to wait a while, or I can sell/trade my HHKB now.

EDIT: This is in order to keep SWMBO happy.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1134 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 13:45:26 »
Too many keyboards already.

huh? I am not understanding this  :confused:

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1135 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 13:49:24 »

55g HHKB is the only option then

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1136 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 13:55:17 »

Me either, but my wife says it's a thing apparently.  :rolleyes:

Offline Solo

• Unreal
« Reply #1137 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:29:04 »
You're letting your wife tell you what you can and cannot do?

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #1138 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:34:21 »

:)) :))

My addiction has now officially gotten out of control. I'm eyeing 3 new boards and two of them are ~200 each. Both topre, ofcourse.
HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1139 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:40:26 »

Show Image

You must be single. I don't like to upset my wife for no reason too many times. I just bought a keyboard and a few other sets of caps. It's about not pushing the limit too much.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1140 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:44:23 »
for no reason

But...you just said it was to buy a 55g RF, no?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1141 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 15:44:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

You must be single. I don't like to upset my wife for no reason too many times. I just bought a keyboard and a few other sets of caps. It's about not pushing the limit too much.

Buy nothing but HHKBs and she will be proud of you and never be upset. She's only upset because you keep buying ****ty cherry.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1142 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 16:32:08 »
for no reason

But...you just said it was to buy a 55g RF, no?

Show Image

Show Image

Buy nothing but HHKBs and she will be proud of you and never be upset. She's only upset because you keep buying ****ty cherry.

I hate both of you.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1143 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 02:29:14 »

You need both - they complement each other.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #1144 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 02:32:30 »
You don't sacrifice one board for another my friend. They are both good in their own ways so you gotta have both to enjoy the oneness to the fullest.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1145 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 04:37:45 »
Bought a Topre artisan - oh no I have to buy a HHKB.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1146 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 05:11:59 »

Oh no!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1147 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 05:25:19 »

Oh no!

Show Image

I don't need convincing at this point - just need money :))

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #1148 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 06:39:46 »
I don't need convincing at this point - just need money :))

Welcome.
HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline Vimto

« Reply #1149 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 03:05:36 »
Got my RF 87U 10AE 55g

Not sure I like the heavier keys need to play a bit more, but do love the blue keycaps. May have to transplant them onto my HHKB

124377-0

HHKB Pro 2    HHKB Pro 2   Realforce 87U       WhiteFox        Keyboardio
   BT Hasu                              55g 10th      The True Fox        Model 01
  Controller                        Anniversary Ed.     On Order         On Order