Author Topic: HHKB Pro 2 Love  (Read 440856 times)

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
Re: HHKB Pro 2 Love
« Reply #1300 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 18:21:09 »
There was a Viper up for sale this morning (EST) in classifieds. It may/may not be gone now.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline edb5s

« Reply #1301 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 09:55:12 »
Just received my first ever HHKB Pro 2 last night. Keyboard experience before this has been MX blues and Kailh blues. I love the Topre feel. After having typed a bit on it when I received it yesterday, I was literally lying in bed thinking about the feel of the keys. The layout - particularly the location of the delete/backspace and control keys - will take some getting used to but I ultimately think it will be more efficient.

Does anyone else have crooked keycaps on their HHKB? Unless I'm just losing it, it appears that a couple of the keys are a little tilted or crooked. Maybe it's just me.

Now I just need to dress it up with an artisan or two and maybe a new Pexon cable.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1302 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 11:04:53 »
Just received my first ever HHKB Pro 2 last night. Keyboard experience before this has been MX blues and Kailh blues. I love the Topre feel. After having typed a bit on it when I received it yesterday, I was literally lying in bed thinking about the feel of the keys. The layout - particularly the location of the delete/backspace and control keys - will take some getting used to but I ultimately think it will be more efficient.

Does anyone else have crooked keycaps on their HHKB? Unless I'm just losing it, it appears that a couple of the keys are a little tilted or crooked. Maybe it's just me.

Now I just need to dress it up with an artisan or two and maybe a new Pexon cable.

A little tilt / rotated keycap is normal. I have the same with my two HHKB's AND my newly arrive 87UB. One my white HHKB it was more noticeable, so I swapped some keys on some rows so that it now looks almost perfect on the eye.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline robbles

« Reply #1303 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 14:43:01 »
The Control and Delete keys are slightly tilted to the right on mine, but I just think it adds character. Not sure if it is something to do with the slider or the cap though. I guess that is just a side effect of having circle sliders instead of square like Cherry.
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1304 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:06:51 »
The Control and Delete keys are slightly tilted to the right on mine, but I just think it adds character. Not sure if it is something to do with the slider or the cap though. I guess that is just a side effect of having circle sliders instead of square like Cherry.

On the black ones, it is less obvious. On my white one it was clearly visible and my OCD could not handle it. Luckily, it was only in the home row and I could switch some caps.

Makes me wonder WHY they are titled... are the caps a bit angled or is the switch a bit tilted (or the slider itself).

Offline zeta

« Reply #1305 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 21:12:26 »
Do you guys think that there will be a special 10/20-year anniversary edition coming out this year? I was looking to get my first HHKB but I might hold out if there's any chance of that happening.

Also, where's the best vendor to buy HHKB's from? I'm thinking the Amazon-fulfilled one which is comparable in price with EliteKeyboards after shipping, or the $10 cheaper vendor spider777 on Amazon. I'm not sure how trustworthy they are though.

How's the carrying case? I'm considering getting that just for the logo.

Offline Vimto

« Reply #1306 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 22:08:57 »
Do you guys think that there will be a special 10/20-year anniversary edition coming out this year? I was looking to get my first HHKB but I might hold out if there's any chance of that happening.

Also, where's the best vendor to buy HHKB's from? I'm thinking the Amazon-fulfilled one which is comparable in price with EliteKeyboards after shipping, or the $10 cheaper vendor spider777 on Amazon. I'm not sure how trustworthy they are though.

I didn't bother buying a carrying case. I just bought 2 so I don't have to carry it to work :)

HHKB Pro 2    HHKB Pro 2   Realforce 87U       WhiteFox        Keyboardio
   BT Hasu                              55g 10th      The True Fox        Model 01
  Controller                        Anniversary Ed.     On Order         On Order

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #1307 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 22:21:32 »
I didn't bother buying a carrying case. I just bought 2 so I don't have to carry it to work :)

HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1308 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 00:30:20 »
On the black ones, it is less obvious. On my white one it was clearly visible and my OCD could not handle it. Luckily, it was only in the home row and I could switch some caps.

as far as i can tell, for me it's actually the left shift that's tilted.
funnily enough i never noticed it until now.
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline pab

• Dvorakian Nightmare
« Reply #1309 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 01:14:28 »

as far as i can tell, for me it's actually the left shift that's tilted.
funnily enough i never noticed it until now.

My pok3r has a tilted spacebar, which is probably the most obvious key to have slightly tilted. :-(

I'm probably the only one who notices though. :-P

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1310 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 06:18:59 »
After I sold my hhkb I think I need to buy another one I just can't leave hhkb  :'(

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #1311 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 06:24:10 »
Mine should be comming in next week :c

Offline frogthejam19

• Good Vibrations
« Reply #1312 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 06:29:04 »
I keep my 60% keyboards as Daily drivers. I have a Pok3r and the HHKB. I like to feel like I use both equally but thats not true at all.
"All is Well"

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1313 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 06:31:22 »
Hope that you enjoy the board!

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1314 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 06:50:22 »

I like your style.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #1315 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 07:10:16 »

Thanks man! now off to collect some artisans :P

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1316 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 07:16:38 »

Thanks man! now off to collect some artisans :P
Just save some money and ignore artisans bro  :p
Nah JK go get some beatiful artisan to accompany that beautiful board  :thumb:.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #1317 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 07:28:10 »

Thanks man! now off to collect some artisans
Just save some money and ignore artisans bro Nah JK go get some beatiful artisan to accompany that beautiful board  :thumb:.
Yeah I will be fine :)

Offline robbles

« Reply #1318 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 11:48:53 »
After I sold my hhkb I think I need to buy another one I just can't leave hhkb  :'(

BRO WHY?!

I purchased mine through Amazon because it would be easy to return if I hated it. Turns out I can't type on anything else now. I doubt they will have any kind of anniversary edition and if they do it will probably be super expensive like the HG edition.

I guess this could be an interesting topic to discuss. If PFU were to release a HHKB 3, what would be your dream features? Mine would be the obvious 55g variant and some better rubber pads on the bottom.
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #1319 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 12:28:28 »

BRO WHY?!

I purchased mine through Amazon because it would be easy to return if I hated it. Turns out I can't type on anything else now. I doubt they will have any kind of anniversary edition and if they do it will probably be super expensive like the HG edition.

I guess this could be an interesting topic to discuss. If PFU were to release a HHKB 3, what would be your dream features? Mine would be the obvious 55g variant and some better rubber pads on the bottom.

This has been done tents of times already, you may call people to do it again, though, it is a never ending thing, PFU is not listening though, its keyboard market is not a priority.

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #1320 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:10:30 »
Anyone have an opinion on 55g vs 45g HHKB? Been considering getting a second one and dome-swapping so I have one of both. Have never tried the 55g switch though

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1321 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 14:53:31 »
Anyone have an opinion on 55g vs 45g HHKB? Been considering getting a second one and dome-swapping so I have one of both. Have never tried the 55g switch though

I only use 55g HHKB's at this point. So much snappier  :)
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1322 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 15:08:36 »

55g is extremely snappy. Not sure whether it is coz the switch is plate-mounted in the 87U or due to the fact that the 45gs in the HHKB are not plate-mounted.

Offline W_hinklebottom

« Reply #1323 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:32:09 »

55g is extremely snappy. Not sure whether it is coz the switch is plate-mounted in the 87U or due to the fact that the 45gs in the HHKB are not plate-mounted.
Before I swapped mine to 55g I would make unintended keystrokes on my HHKB the 55g switches totally eliminated that for me. I love the 55g snappyness but I have rather heavy hands and prefer a more sturdy switch

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1324 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:36:22 »

Before I swapped mine to 55g I would make unintended keystrokes on my HHKB the 55g switches totally eliminated that for me. I love the 55g snappyness but I have rather heavy hands and prefer a more sturdy switch

Jup had the same, 45g a tad too light. 55gs are damm perfect!

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1325 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 17:37:45 »
no damn no 45g for the hhkb. 55g on hhkb is really mushy for me and not that good as the plate mounted realforce!

BRO WHY?!

My keyboard pruchase is just too much so I need to sell my dream hhkb board but we could buy hhkb anytime of the day tho :p

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #1326 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:47:46 »

Thanks for the responses all. Might pick up an 87U and see how I like it. Pretty happy with 45g now but I think I'd like something a little heavier more :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1327 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 19:18:54 »
55g the g stands for godly
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Vimto

« Reply #1328 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 21:27:44 »
I like 45g on my HHKBs, but getting more used to the 55g on the 87U. Not straining my fingers as much now.

HHKB Pro 2    HHKB Pro 2   Realforce 87U       WhiteFox        Keyboardio
   BT Hasu                              55g 10th      The True Fox        Model 01
  Controller                        Anniversary Ed.     On Order         On Order

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1329 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 00:52:32 »

Thanks for the responses all. Might pick up an 87U and see how I like it. Pretty happy with 45g now but I think I'd like something a little heavier more :thumb:
NOOOOO HHKB SHOULD STAY VIRGIN

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1330 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:00:19 »
55g hhkb best hhkb.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1331 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:16:12 »
I personally disagree. Although RF 55g is great, the 55g hhkb pushed me away from topre for awhile. It just ruined the whole experience for me.

Offline robbles

« Reply #1332 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 11:52:08 »
I wish that HHKB world tour was for a 55g silenced and lubed. My favorite Cherry switch is lubed o-ringed Blue, so I bet I would be into it, but I love this thing too damn much to tamper with it just yet.

Offline derb2k2

« Reply #1333 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 12:02:58 »
I wish that HHKB world tour was for a 55g silenced and lubed. My favorite Cherry switch is lubed o-ringed Blue, so I bet I would be into it, but I love this thing too damn much to tamper with it just yet.

I think the snappiness of the 55g switch and plate of RF contributed to faster strain for me but I'd really like to try a 55g HHKB to make some comparisons to pcb-mounted.

I think this would be a great tour. Sign me up.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1334 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 14:49:37 »
I personally disagree. Although RF 55g is great, the 55g hhkb pushed me away from topre for awhile. It just ruined the whole experience for me.
This is what I'm afraid of. Everybody says they're great. But I'm not a huge fan of mods (both keyboards and moderators) and I'd really hate having a keyboard I don't like using. Imagine if I started to hate my hhkb? Like, who would I be?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1335 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 15:01:39 »
Enough people have told me about their love for the 55g to make me believe that its not that bad.  But its just not for me.  I'd much rather have the stock experience any day.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1336 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 15:11:47 »
This is what I'm afraid of. Everybody says they're great. But I'm not a huge fan of mods (both keyboards and moderators) and I'd really hate having a keyboard I don't like using. Imagine if I started to hate my hhkb? Like, who would I be?
PM your address. I'll steer you towards the light.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1337 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 16:29:14 »
PM your address. I'll steer you towards the light.

ha, nah, it's okay buddy. i like my hhkb as is :P

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1338 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 17:17:26 »

I think the snappiness of the 55g switch and plate of RF contributed to faster strain for me but I'd really like to try a 55g HHKB to make some comparisons to pcb-mounted.

If not for me previous MX clears experience, I would've found the 55g too heavy as well. But now that I'm used to clears and now my 55g Topre, it feels really light to type on 45g switches, whether it's Topre or cherry.

But yeah, 55g is definitely not light. But I really love the switch.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #1339 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 03:57:33 »
That was fast, ordered on tuesday from japan. 
Arrived yesterday :o
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 February 2016, 04:00:28 by Diokhan »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1340 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 06:07:15 »
Show Image

Dat wrist rest... damn sexy. Where'd you get that?

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1341 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 06:23:51 »
Show Image

nice setup! big mouse mat to have everything on it. so complete..!
too bad about the bright yellow on the FK. should've been black!

but damn i need a wrist rest like that. i remember a geekhacker making custom ones, anyone know who this is?
(btw.. is your rest flipped? :-X )
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #1342 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 06:25:54 »
Show Image

Hey man Yeah came in same day as the keyboard.

It's heart wood walnut wrist rest.
Very cheap :D
http://m.ebay.com/itm/HEART-for-60-key-Walnut-Palm-Rest-Keyboard-Wood-Wrist-Protection-Anti-skid-Pad-/271987282761

And no it's not flipped.
Will take picture from a different angle later.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1343 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 06:28:57 »
Show Image

http://m.ebay.com/itm/HEART-for-60-key-Walnut-Palm-Rest-Keyboard-Wood-Wrist-Protection-Anti-skid-Pad-/271987282761

And no it's not flipped.

Thanks! Very cheep indeed... looks very expensive and polished.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #1344 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 06:30:12 »
Show Image

And no it's not flipped.

Thanks! Very cheep indeed... looks very expensive and polished.
Yeah feels and looks very good. It's my second one from him.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1345 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 09:29:19 »
Show Image

That wrist rest is super nice, surprised at the price honestly.

Offline derb2k2

« Reply #1346 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 09:40:49 »
Show Image

That wrist rest is super nice, surprised at the price honestly.

also a little bit surprised. Hrmm..

HHKB looks great! Nice setup.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1347 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 09:45:04 »
Thats what you get on modding hhkb. HHKB doesn't want to be defiled by filthy mod

Nooo stock hhkb is perfect

Thats it don't mod your hhkb demik let it be virgit
55g hhkb best hhkb.
SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.

Offline zeta

« Reply #1348 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 13:59:51 »
The spacebar is supposed to be ABS instead of PBT? Because it feels exactly the same as the rest of them. Am I just oblivious to plastic quality?

Offline ajx

« Reply #1349 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 14:12:21 »
Its ABS, no its cheap quality, trust me, get PBT Topre spacebar from Matt3o ASAP