Author Topic: HHKB Pro 2 Love  (Read 439459 times)

Offline robbles

Re: HHKB Pro 2 Love
« Reply #1250 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 14:35:00 »
I'll be honest i thought that the way people were talking about this keyboard made it annoying and  I thought that poeple are just overrating it but man. I finally got my hands on these and they are in love.  I don't know why maybe it's  topre but im way more accurate with this and my realforce than I am with my mx blues. This feels so buttery smooth it feels like im cutting through butter as i type. I'm officially a convert  :eek: :eek: :eek:

I came from Blues as well, with o-rings. I'll never go back. The only MX style switch I'm remotely interested in now are Zealios. But I'd have to find an MX board with the HHKB delete and fn key placement...
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1251 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:10:41 »
I think I've decided to get one of these stupid things.

IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1252 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:18:05 »
I'll be honest i thought that the way people were talking about this keyboard made it annoying and  I thought that poeple are just overrating it but man. I finally got my hands on these and they are in love.  I don't know why maybe it's  topre but im way more accurate with this and my realforce than I am with my mx blues. This feels so buttery smooth it feels like im cutting through butter as i type. I'm officially a convert  :eek: :eek: :eek:

I came from Blues as well, with o-rings. I'll never go back. The only MX style switch I'm remotely interested in now are Zealios. But I'd have to find an MX board with the HHKB delete and fn key placement...

The Duck Viper is exactly what you're looking for.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #1253 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:22:13 »
currently typing on my hhkb on my laptop brought for out-of-office training for work

I have some confused coworkers now

hhkb is life

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1254 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:31:35 »
currently typing on my hhkb on my laptop brought for out-of-office training for work

I have some confused coworkers now

hhkb is life
Hhkb is love

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1255 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 21:46:31 »

you respect the hhkb. it's not stupid. TAKE IT BACK.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline derb2k2

• Something of a Topre ****..
« Reply #1256 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 22:05:13 »

Agreed. This sort of blasphemy is reprehensible but I see no course of action in my HHKB Bible.
HHKB | RF 45UB | Novatouch | Poker II Blue | QFR Browns | Rosewill RK-9000RE

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1257 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 07:37:00 »
IMGP1089 by Carlitos Fernandez, on Flickr

IMGP1095 by Carlitos Fernandez, on Flickr

Mmmmm... I love me the HHKB Pro 1... So beautiful and the feels.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1258 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 07:41:30 »

That's just brutal.  Taunt a man with something so hard to acquire.  :'(

(but you're right)

Could also look into the GON HHKB if you're willing to wait, robbles.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1259 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 07:50:23 »
Could go SPRiT 60% as well, just need the right plate for it!

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1260 on: Fri, 29 January 2016, 08:02:35 »

I'LL decide that once I've tried it. 
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline Quackles

« Reply #1261 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 00:09:47 »
I am trying to lube my HHKB Pro 2 for the first time. I am at this stage of the process, by following this guide. It says you can gently push the stems out (so they pop out from the front right?) yet mine doesn't and I am too afraid I might break something if I push harder!

Offline raymogi

« Reply #1262 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 00:20:43 »

I am trying to lube my HHKB Pro 2 for the first time. I am at this stage of the process, by following this guide. It says you can gently push the stems out (so they pop out from the front right?) yet mine doesn't and I am too afraid I might break something if I push harder!

Just push it until the little tab breaks. That tab has to break in order for the sliders to go through.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline derb2k2

« Reply #1263 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 00:32:23 »
first, let me just say that topre is love.

Secondly, I just got the FC660c and it's one hell of a board. Also, I just now finished lubing and  putting the silencing rings on.

It's damn near orgasmic.

I still have HHKB #1 but I'll be carrying FC660c around for some time.

Offline Quackles

« Reply #1264 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 00:34:36 »

Just push it until the little tab breaks. That tab has to break in order for the sliders to go through.

Ok, so just to make sure I am pushing down from the blue arrow and the tabs at the red arrow break?

Offline ImAWildDeer

• All about that click clack
« Reply #1265 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 00:35:31 »

You can take a small flat head screwdriver and slide it along the slider where the tab is to allow it to slide by. I prefer this method since it doesn't break the tab and it's easier to keep the sliders in the board when taking it apart. However, like raymogi said, you can just press the slider until the tab breaks if you don't care about them staying in during disassembly.
HHKB | Ergodox Infinity | OG Ergodox | Atreus | Planck | WASD V2  | Whitefox | TX1800 | F62

Offline raymogi

« Reply #1266 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 00:41:11 »

Ok, so just to make sure I am pushing down from the blue arrow and the tabs at the red arrow break?

Show Image

Not that one. It's that super small tab at the top part of the sliders.

Offline Quackles

« Reply #1267 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 00:42:40 »

Show Image

Not that one. It's that super small tab at the top part of the sliders.

You can take a small flat head screwdriver and slide it along the slider where the tab is to allow it to slide by. I prefer this method since it doesn't break the tab and it's easier to keep the sliders in the board when taking it apart. However, like raymogi said, you can just press the slider until the tab breaks if you don't care about them staying in during disassembly.

Got it, I've taken two out now! Using a flat screwdriver to help. Thanks so much for the help.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #1268 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 00:43:24 »
what are good options to apply the lube with?
i've seen tiny brushes get mentioned. is this the general suggestion, or has someone had success using something else? :)
i would prefer not to make a mess, or to over-apply or under-apply..
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1269 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 00:47:21 »
i've seen tiny brushes get mentioned. is this the general suggestion, or has someone had success using something else? :)
no don't lube it makes no difference in feel  :thumb:
just let your hhkb be virgin

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1270 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 01:27:01 »
no don't lube it makes no difference in feel  :thumb:
just let your hhkb be virgin
You HHKB purists need to see the light, modding the HHKB is like fine tuning and bringing it to be that much more fantastic.

55g HHKB for life!, I just need to find the time to silence and lube it.  :eek:

Offline Quackles

« Reply #1271 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 03:28:58 »
Ok so I've finished lubing! Will see how it goes after a few days. Reason for lubing? Picked up this set in Australia off someone for only $49.95! Essentially new condition, hard to get stuff down under. Thought since I am changing caps, might as well lube it for once. Took a lot longer than expected though!

Offline ajx

« Reply #1272 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 05:26:44 »
HHKB under 50$? Are you kidding me right? lol

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1273 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 05:35:22 »
HHKB under 50$? Are you kidding me right? lol
I'd assume he meant the keycaps, not the HHKB.

Offline Quackles

« Reply #1274 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 05:39:36 »
Haha my bad, I meant the keycaps! That was poor wording on my part.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #1275 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 05:50:27 »

Ok so I've finished lubing! Will see how it goes after a few days. Reason for lubing? Picked up this set in Australia off someone for only $49.95! Essentially new condition, hard to get stuff down under. Thought since I am changing caps, might as well lube it for once. Took a lot longer than expected though!

Show Image

Grats on finishing the job! It took me a couple hours at first also but it gets easier from then on.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1276 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 06:17:37 »

Show Image

Grats on finishing the job! It took me a couple hours at first also but it gets easier from then on.

Serious question.. please explain to me how you reversed the spacebar? I tried to pull it off with my default filco keycap puller... but it was so stiff I didn't dare to push through. I was afraid to break it.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1277 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 06:32:15 »

Show Image

Serious question.. please explain to me how you reversed the spacebar? I tried to pull it off with my default filco keycap puller... but it was so stiff I didn't dare to push through. I was afraid to break it.
pull off both of the gui keys or windows keys and pull the spacebar with both your thumb  :thumb:

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #1278 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 08:09:28 »

Show Image

pull off both of the gui keys or windows keys and pull the spacebar with both your thumb  :thumb:

I've done it! Thanks! Aahh.. feels so awesome with spacebar reversed.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1279 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 08:22:48 »

Show Image

I've done it! Thanks! Aahh.. feels so awesome with spacebar reversed.
#LONGLIVETHEFLIPPEDSPACEBARKINGDOM

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #1280 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 08:31:52 »
Heresy.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline derb2k2

« Reply #1281 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 08:50:13 »
Heresy.

Something I say to myself many times when reading GH.  :( Down with the infidels!!

Offline Madeupword

« Reply #1282 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 19:21:28 »
Which provide a better typing experience and feel, a HHKB Pro 2 Type S or a HHKB Pro 2 with Hypersphere's silencing rings?

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #1283 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 19:24:09 »
Which provide a better typing experience and feel, a HHKB Pro 2 Type S or a HHKB Pro 2 with Hypersphere's silencing rings?

I prefer hypersphere's rings
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1284 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 19:28:36 »
I like the cheap option  :p
Everybody said that they give the same typing experiences

Offline starscream

• I have nothing to say
« Reply #1285 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 19:41:18 »

I dream of having lime green PBT space bar

Is there currently anywhere selling individual or sets of blank topre keys? (not including elitekeyboards)

Poker                                 HHKB Pro 2

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1286 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 19:43:08 »
Show Image

I dream of having lime green PBT space bar

Is there currently anywhere selling individual or sets of blank topre keys? (not including elitekeyboards)
No one sells blank topre caps anymore :'(

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #1287 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 19:45:26 »
Powder-puff and a splash of color.

More

Offline raymogi

« Reply #1288 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 19:46:58 »

Show Image

Love your setup. There's something about those powderpuff purple gamer set that I love so much.

Offline eat_the_food

• Bulb moon raisin
« Reply #1289 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 19:50:33 »

Show Image

Love your setup. There's something about those powderpuff purple gamer set that I love so much.

You know I was skeptical at first but i really love the feel of the gamer set keys - so solid feeling. Now I just need to get a hold of some more for my other boards :thumb:
More

Offline raymogi

« Reply #1290 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 19:52:13 »

Show Image

You know I was skeptical at first but i really love the feel of the gamer set keys - so solid feeling. Now I just need to get a hold of some more for my other boards :thumb:

I haven't had the chance to use them personally as a set, I just have them as esc and fn but yeah the feeling is really good. I'm hoping Bro will release a qwer version cause I don't play fps.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1291 on: Sat, 30 January 2016, 20:02:27 »

Show Image

a really clean shot bro love the artisan  :thumb:

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1292 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 02:16:37 »

Show Image

Colors on point, powderpuff is lovely

Offline ajx

« Reply #1293 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 09:31:41 »
I have both silenced NT and HHKB with ironed landing pads
I like both but the spacebar on NT is freaking silent
That kills me
I never had such silent on all spacebar, no matter if you use PBT spacebar on HHKB
So i am going to mod and put something that would reduce the spacebar stem, it actually hits on pcb which cause the noise

Offline Madeupword

« Reply #1294 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 18:36:45 »

Anyone else? If both are similarly priced, which would you go with?

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #1295 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 18:37:22 »
I would love to HAVE a hhkb. Let alone any topre.
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline derb2k2

« Reply #1296 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 18:52:29 »

Anyone else? If both are similarly priced, which would you go with?

I can't speak for the type-S but I can definitely vouch for Hypershere's rings on any topre board. I've now modded an HHKB, a RF which i sold, and the FC660c which i just got. The result has always been great but of course, you will have to go through performing the mod which can be a bit tedious with the disassembling. I will add that I've also lubed them but most importantly, the upstroke clack is basically removed by the rings (important since I use my boards in an office setting). I think there's still a big $$ difference between purchasing the Type-S and the normal HHKB + rings.

Offline robbles

« Reply #1297 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 22:24:36 »

(but you're right)

Recently saw a pic on reddit of a Duck Viper with Calm Depths and my reaction was embarrassing. Like a high pitched squealing throat noise.

There will be group buys again for both those someday...right?  :))
How does one become so interested in a thing like keyboards? When you realize you use a keyboard more than any other tool in your life.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1298 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 23:28:29 »

(but you're right)

Recently saw a pic on reddit of a Duck Viper with Calm Depths and my reaction was embarrassing. Like a high pitched squealing throat noise.

Calmdephts is not possible but viper would get another round right?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1299 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 18:10:50 »

(but you're right)

That might have been mine...  :P 

And sorry to say, no planned group buys for either.  :(  We can hope though!