Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4248731 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #1000 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 09:53:39 »
Then I probably shouldn't tell you that we swallow an average 8 spiders pr year during sleep .

Then I probably should show you this.

http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/spiders.asp

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1001 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 15:14:01 »
Then I probably shouldn't tell you that we swallow an average 8 spiders pr year during sleep .

Some say we eat an average of 8 spiders a year in our sleep. This is untrue. Not all arachnids are considered spiders.

You know those 8 spiders a year you eat in your sleep? Well, they add up. And they are all organizing a pretty dramatic escape. Very soon.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1002 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 16:04:13 »
I hate you all.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1003 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 16:59:28 »
I hate you all.

I had to check the walls and ceilings when I saw the pic in the link Hoffman posted :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
« Reply #1004 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 19:17:35 »
I saw a rather large wolf spider wandering across the floor one night right before I went to bed. I tried to catch it in a jar so I could take it outside and release it but It darted under the bed after my first attempt. I couldn't find it so I just went to bed. Slept like a baby. I was a bit worried that it might not find enough food inside the house though.

I'm rather fond of spiders. No one gives them enough credit for what they do.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1005 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 00:50:13 »
well, im off to school again :'(
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1006 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 18:24:10 »
I hate you all.

:(   But I was helping!  I was disproving a terrible myth.   :-*

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1007 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 18:30:05 »

My hate isn't logical, Hoff.  :))

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1008 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 21:06:54 »

My hate isn't logical, Hoff.  :))

Neither is my love...   :-*

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1009 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 21:39:03 »
I made the mistake of going back to head-fi and looking around....now I want to get back into headphones...nooooooooooo........there can be only one......hobby.......:eek:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1010 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 21:39:29 »
Black dahlia murder didn't play an encore

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1011 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 22:01:51 »
I made the mistake of going back to head-fi and looking around....now I want to get back into headphones...nooooooooooo........there can be only one......hobby.......:eek:

Screw it.  Have all the hobbies. 

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #1012 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 23:19:40 »
I bought shoes today and it always makes me hate my body when I have to acquire clothes or shoes. I'm some kind of mutant and my body doesn't know it's female.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline iri

« Reply #1013 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 04:31:55 »
I bought shoes today and it always makes me hate my body when I have to acquire clothes or shoes. I'm some kind of mutant and my body doesn't know it's female.
maybe at least those look good? we have a shoes thread where you can post pics: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39622.0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1014 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 06:18:36 »

Try being a tall thin male - nothing fits!

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #1015 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 06:23:59 »

Come to The Netherlands, plenty of choice. We even have matching women. :P
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline iri

« Reply #1016 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 06:25:13 »
...from each and every corner of the world and mostly muslim
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1017 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 06:28:46 »

hipster stores my friend
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1018 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 06:32:10 »

I think my other half would object to that :))

hipster stores my friend

I am no hipster :p

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1019 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 07:44:31 »
day 2 of school and im already done with this ****
make it stop
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #1020 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 08:17:30 »
shopping in the boys section to get levis in 29-28 jeans lol

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1021 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 08:21:23 »

Oooh, as a tall fellow, this sounds nice...  ;)

Offline iri

« Reply #1022 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 08:38:24 »
"tall"

-Ray Bradbury

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1023 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 08:48:06 »

hipster stores my friend

I am also a tall, thin male. It wasn't until I discovered Mossimo "athletic fit" stuff at Target and Old Navy "thin fit' clothes that I really felt like gear was fitting me.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline iri

« Reply #1024 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 08:58:42 »
major pagefaults in my in-memory application (a pagefault is not my fault).

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1025 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 09:15:22 »

hipster stores my friend

start dressing like one the clothes are real good
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Senthura

• Your Doom
« Reply #1026 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 10:48:39 »
make it stop

Exactly what about school bothers you the most? For me, it's people and Calculus that infuriate me.
Ducky Shine 3 TKL Blue switch & Green backlight

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1027 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:02:49 »

make it stop

Exactly what about school bothers you the most? For me, it's people and Calculus that infuriate me.
being there, man
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1028 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:05:49 »
why the **** does my iphone play a different song when i start one
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline mauri

« Reply #1029 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:06:35 »
Phone broken, no backup. 45 minutes in traffic for a less than 10 mile drive. Trying to order a jacket but the shops website is being a little ****. Went through 3 markets in pouring rain trying to find a frozen pizza. Came back home soaked and figured I'd just order in, oh wait my ****ing cell is broken. Now my dinner consists of juicy fruit, a tube of pringles and beer. Why is life so hard.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1030 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:39:27 »
my dinner consists of juicy fruit, a tube of pringles and beer.

This honestly would not disappoint me.   :))

Any reason you couldn't order in on a computer?

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1031 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:43:15 »
"tall"

I am talking about myself. I am short and skinny. I have to buy jeans in the boys section because the mens section only has clothes for short fat guys.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1032 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:48:08 »
"tall"

I am talking about myself. I am short and skinny. I have to buy jeans in the boys section because the mens section only has clothes for short fat guys.

So what's wrong with short fat guys..... :'(

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1033 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:56:29 »
"tall"

Their clothes don't fit him!   :p

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #1034 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:56:40 »
"tall"

Implying that clothing meant to cater to as many as possible wouldn't work for most is silly. Men's clothing is designed to for regular men's body shapes. Average height for American males is still about 5'9", with average weight being around 180~. You said it's for short fat people, clearly it is you who is astride of normalcy.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1035 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 11:58:34 »
"tall"

Their clothes don't fit him!   :p

So they fit me!! :D :eek:

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #1036 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 12:42:04 »
I sometimes pick on/make light of things/people in an effort to be funny, and sometimes it doesn't fly..
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #1037 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 12:43:49 »
I sometimes pick on/make light of things/people in an effort to be funny, and sometimes it doesn't fly..
I did that a few posts up. It didn't fly either.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #1038 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 12:45:14 »

Yea, they should know me by now AND my shortcomings...

They need to change their tampons.

Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #1039 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 12:47:35 »

I know when I'm meeting new people, and I make that type of joke and it doesn't go over well that I'm likely to not click with them. So many uber serious people!

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #1040 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 12:48:33 »

I know when I'm meeting new people, and I make that type of joke and it doesn't go over well that I'm likely to not click with them. So many uber serious people!

I act like a child.

Sue me.

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #1041 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 12:49:43 »

I act like a child.

Sue me.
No.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #1042 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 13:06:05 »
Killing off what was bothering me last week, I came across and bought a High Sierra Elite computer backpack at Costco $35. Just missed it on sale by a few days for $28. But I'll get 2% (.70) back at the end of the year.  lol
That's not bothering me any more.

http://shop.highsierra.com/High-Sierra-Elite-Business-Daypack/dp/B00IDMOF7Q

Now to come up with a new company/business name to incorporate. THAT'S bothering me.

Offline mauri

« Reply #1043 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 13:34:51 »
my dinner consists of juicy fruit, a tube of pringles and beer.

This honestly would not disappoint me.   :))

Any reason you couldn't order in on a computer?

I already had the website open but then a combination of anger, delivery costs and spite made me wanna punish myself. Had I had my phone I would've probably ordered the pizza in a moment of desperation and confusion. Well.. there is a Subway downstairs but I've had one once and didn't like it. As a last ditch effort I raided my freezer and lo and behold, there it was, a bag of wok veggies, ray of light, angel choir, all that jazz. Sweet sweet sweet peas and water chestnuts, meal fit for king.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Flamingchook

« Reply #1044 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 13:58:41 »
Breakfast menu at 4:30am for a Maccas run after a late night with mates smashing the vocals on guitar hero games. I want my chicken and mayo damnit!
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93

Offline Flamingchook

« Reply #1045 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 14:00:59 »
Also my throat is sore...

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1046 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 14:21:58 »
Is something wrong with me because I am not average... because the average american is fat and I am not?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1047 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 14:26:51 »
Is something wrong with me because I am not average... because the average american is fat and I am not?

Looking at your avatar I refuse to answer for fear of my life!! :p :D

Offline Hundrakia

« Reply #1048 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 15:05:52 »
Hell if I know, I'm not American.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #1049 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 15:12:00 »
really sad and pessimistic
starting to believe everything bad i don't know or can't confirm on the spot has happened to me and im starting to hate myself for no reason
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI