Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4287179 times)

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #14500 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 13:04:59 »
Teachers who still promote group work in college should have their teaching license revoked and jailed for 30 days.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2016, 13:08:55 by appleonama »

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #14502 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:15:52 »
Still have yet to receive my Round 1 HipsterPunks Stickers. I don't know if they were sent to the won't address or lost in the post.

I'm really getting annoyed as I trust Cody sent them but I don't know what the **** is going on. I've gotten two other packages from him no problem.  :mad:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14503 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:25:33 »
This chick at work has a terrible attitude. She has been giving me the stink eye since she got here. Like god damn did I accidently **** in your Cheerios this morning or what.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14504 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:26:27 »
This chick at work has a terrible attitude. She has been giving me the stink eye since she got here. Like god damn did I accidently **** in your Cheerios this morning or what.

yo is this high pants girl?

are you gonna have to cut a *****?
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #14505 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:33:52 »

She must have seen you posting anti-high-waist hate speech on forums.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14506 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:34:34 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:07:48 by alienman82 »

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #14507 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:43:23 »
Yup. Word got out demik is leading the anti high waist pants movement and she's not happy about it

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14508 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:44:46 »
metal gear solid 5 1 mission left.

Ugh. I need to finish. Think I have 20 left still. I keep playing League when I have free time.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14510 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:46:59 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:07:41 by alienman82 »

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14512 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:51:00 »

Ugh. I need to finish. Think I have 20 left still. I keep playing League when I have free time.

I've been on 1 mission for like 3 months.  I plan to 100% the game though.  SO MANY BALLOONS!!!

I've been sitting on the same number for a long time too. I would also like to 100% it. I'm going to start playing again tonight. You've motivated me.  :thumb:

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #14513 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 14:55:01 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:07:39 by alienman82 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14514 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 15:21:34 »

yo is this high pants girl?

are you gonna have to cut a *****?
Oh god no. I like her. It's another older lady. Straight mean mugging soon as she stepped in.

She must have seen you posting anti-high-waist hate speech on forums.

Yup. Word got out demik is leading the anti high waist pants movement and she's not happy about it
****. Now I'm scared. Who can I leave my keyboards to in case something happens to me??

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 February 2016, 15:23:09 by demik »

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14515 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 15:23:44 »

****. Now I'm scared. Who can I leave my keyboards to in case something happens to me??

don't you only have 1 right now?
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14516 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 15:23:53 »
OH GOD SHES TALKING TO ME. RIP. I LOVE MOST OF YOU.  REMEMBER MY HHKB MISSION AND CONTINUE IT ;-;

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #14517 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 15:25:31 »

I'll keep your HHKB safe. E>

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14518 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 15:26:22 »
OH GOD SHES TALKING TO ME. RIP. I LOVE MOST OF YOU.  REMEMBER MY HHKB MISSION AND CONTINUE IT ;-;

I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU

HHKB4LIFE

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #14519 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 15:36:29 »

Buy a HHKB got it

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14520 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 15:52:05 »

I've been on 1 mission for like 3 months.  I plan to 100% the game though.  SO MANY BALLOONS!!!

I've been sitting on the same number for a long time too. I would also like to 100% it. I'm going to start playing again tonight. You've motivated me.  :thumb:

nice add me on steam alienman82 :)

Will do!

RIP friend

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14521 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 16:16:03 »
Welp. Got *****ed at for no reason. Dumb ass is mad one of her workers got asked for help and I didn't. Like she isn't handicapped so don't play this "you're a man you're suppose to do it" bull****. Luckily I pretended I didn't know Spanish and just kept saying what OuO

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #14522 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 16:36:31 »
Teachers who still promote group work in college should have their teaching license revoked and jailed for 30 days.

I did like only one group activity at uni and it was great, out of the 4 people only me and another guy put effort in. In fact at the end i had to edit the layout of the other persons information because it was at a rough draft stage at best and it was playing with my OCD. On the bright side the tutour recognised this fact and it party resulted in me getting like 19/20. Part of the assignment was marked on teamwork skills lel.

Offline iri

« Reply #14523 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 17:06:21 »
Why the **** does BT ask me for a date when I move my house and then tells me the service there will be ready a week after I move?

Why the **** does BT ask for my name even if I choose to be ex-directory?

Why the **** is credit check needed for setting up a broadband? Is this ****ing 1984 or what?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sarahnicole

• //add comment here later
« Reply #14524 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 19:17:58 »

Welp. Got *****ed at for no reason. Dumb ass is mad one of her workers got asked for help and I didn't. Like she isn't handicapped so don't play this "you're a man you're suppose to do it" bull****. Luckily I pretended I didn't know Spanish and just kept saying what OuO

My question is where the hell do you work where there's so many women?? Like damn, I'm pretty much the only female in sight in my life haha.

Also, you don't have to answer that. I know you're a very anonymous person. *side eye*

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #14525 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 19:19:59 »

I agree with this, this is the worst thing ever. I find they do this less in the higher division classes though. General Ed 101 professors are the worst with this. >:(

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #14526 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 19:28:08 »
Also, I came here to complain and forgot to complain.

Going to school in LA/surrounding areas means that there will like ALWAYS be stupid movie crews filming at your school.

And today they were blocking the entrance to the building where my class was so I had to stand behind the guy with the video camera for like five minutes in the rain >:( , because I couldn't get in their shot.
And then once he moved I had to take the long way to the other door anyway because they were blocking the main door from opening with their equipment.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14527 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 19:34:15 »

My question is where the hell do you work where there's so many women?? Like damn, I'm pretty much the only female in sight in my life haha.

Also, you don't have to answer that. I know you're a very anonymous person. *side eye*

funny enough... construction. i think these up and coming models have given up on waitress jobs and started doing interior design before they "make it"

Also, I came here to complain and forgot to complain.

Going to school in LA/surrounding areas means that there will like ALWAYS be stupid movie crews filming at your school.

And today they were blocking the entrance to the building where my class was so I had to stand behind the guy with the video camera for like five minutes in the rain >:( , because I couldn't get in their shot.
And then once he moved I had to take the long way to the other door anyway because they were blocking the main door from opening with their equipment.

thats how DTLA is. god damn traffic thanks to these *******s.

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #14528 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 19:41:38 »

funny enough... construction. i think these up and coming models have given up on waitress jobs and started doing interior design before they "make it"

O_O oh wow, haha that's surprising.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14529 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 19:43:01 »
ikr. but it's funny seeing them walk around in dresses and heels trying not to fall and look stupid.

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #14530 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 19:48:49 »

ikr. but it's funny seeing them walk around in dresses and heels trying not to fall and look stupid.

I love how women think they need to wear knee length skirts and heels to look "professional".
I have problems with people lol.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14531 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 19:56:57 »

I love how women think they need to wear knee length skirts and heels to look "professional".

i mean, it looks nice.. but it seems so.. out of place? i knew this girl that worked for a construction company that dressed normal. well, construction site normal. jeans, long sleeve shirt, and boots. when they transferred her to an office she had to a little more business-y, she hated how uncomfortable she felt and always complained about wanting to be sent out on the field. i dont know where i was going with that but yeah. not a fan of "gotta wear heels everywhere" mentality.

Offline gain

« Reply #14532 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:00:11 »

I worked in a financial institution with a "rich as ****" vibe and you'd see all that, the thing is, some of them were really nice people, very successful people too... They did a great job at concealing their dislike towards me I reckon  :thumb:

not a fan of "gotta wear heels everywhere" mentality.

All the complaints of sore feet are coming back to me.. Ahh..  :-\

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14533 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:01:29 »

I worked in a financial institution with a "rich as ****" vibe and you'd see all that, the thing is, some of them were really nice people, very successful people too... They did a great job at concealing their dislike towards me I reckon  :thumb:

not a fan of "gotta wear heels everywhere" mentality.

All the complaints of sore feet are coming back to me.. Ahh..  :-\

it's usually the children of "new money" that are the *******s.

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #14534 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:03:07 »

i mean, it looks nice.. but it seems so.. out of place? i knew this girl that worked for a construction company that dressed normal. well, construction site normal. jeans, long sleeve shirt, and boots. when they transferred her to an office she had to a little more business-y, she hated how uncomfortable she felt and always complained about wanting to be sent out on the field. i dont know where i was going with that but yeah. not a fan of "gotta wear heels everywhere" mentality.

Lol yeah, I couldn't imagine trying to walk through a construction site in heels.
I don't like the whole "having to dress professional" thing in general.

I keep surveying where all my friends work and their dress code because I'm trying to show up to work in like jeans and a beanie haha.
Most technology companies seem to have super lax dress codes. My friend who works at Blizzard literally wears printed leggings and t shirts to work everyday.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14535 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:10:02 »
yeah, i've had to work in a couple of tech offices. they all seem like they just woke up from a night of partying OuO

Offline gain

« Reply #14536 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:11:13 »

Amen to that.

Also on the note of lax dress codes, I truly miss my last job, got to bust this one out.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14537 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:15:21 »
sometimes they can be too relaxed. one guy came in with a swastika shirt once.. the kicker? he was hispanic. they told him to flip that **** inside out lol.

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #14538 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:25:35 »

sometimes they can be too relaxed. one guy came in with a swastika shirt once.. the kicker? he was hispanic. they told him to flip that **** inside out lol.

Hahah omg. I would figure people would have enough common sense to not wear things that would probably offend people to work?

Offline sarahnicole

« Reply #14539 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:25:50 »

Amen to that.

Also on the note of lax dress codes, I truly miss my last job, got to bust this one out.

Show Image

That shirt is awesome :))

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14540 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:28:48 »
Ugh. Just fell asleep for like an hour because I was so dang tired. Only 8:28 PM here. I'll be lucky to be back asleep before midnight now.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14541 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:38:13 »

Hahah omg. I would figure people would have enough common sense to not wear things that would probably offend people to work?

you'd think right? he flipped it back around when most people left lol

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #14542 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:39:56 »
I keep surveying where all my friends work and their dress code because I'm trying to show up to work in like jeans and a beanie haha.
Most technology companies seem to have super lax dress codes. My friend who works at Blizzard literally wears printed leggings and t shirts to work everyday.

I work in tech and women's dress norms vary a lot by department. Project management tend to go dressier, though a lot still wear (nice) jeans. Artists and designers are all over the map. Engineers (such as myself) lean strongly toward standard jeans-and-t-shirt. Printed leggings are definitely not out of place here. I enjoy dressing it up occasionally (wearing a skirt today for instance), but I don't ever wear heels to work.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #14543 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:47:29 »
People who run something and say it will only be run once but run it again. Acting like that wasn't the tipping point for some

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #14544 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:50:19 »
People who run something and say it will only be run once but run it again. Acting like that wasn't the tipping point for some

That really raises my pulse.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #14545 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 20:50:47 »

yeah we hate mito too

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #14546 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 21:06:54 »

yeah we hate mito too
I was talking about a different hobby but the idea is universal.

Offline whmeltonjr

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14547 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 21:09:07 »

Hopefully it doesn't get too high or you'll be at risk to flatline.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #14548 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 22:15:58 »

Hopefully it doesn't get too high or you'll be at risk to flatline.

Dead

Offline iri

« Reply #14549 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 06:19:43 »
A swastika shirt?

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury