Author Topic: Topre switch w/ MX Compatible Stem.....  (Read 116627 times)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: Topre switch w/ MX Compatible Stem.....
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 11:06:39 »
Didn't I see a thread on here where someone 3d printed mx compatible stem inserts for stock topre switches?  I will have to go looking for it when I don't have a baby in my arms.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 11:08:19 »
I've been told the price for these is going to be about £120 for a TKL and £150 for a fullsize. Things are looking good!

Source?

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #152 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 11:16:01 »
I've been told the price for these is going to be about £120 for a TKL and £150 for a fullsize. Things are looking good!

Source?

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=3447693&postcount=16711
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline keymaster

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 17:26:06 »
Let's just hope that they have a standard bottom row, to make swapping keycaps that much easier.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cobraj

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 15:34:04 »
Let's just hope that they have a standard bottom row, to make swapping keycaps that much easier.

T dat.

Offline calavera

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 16:53:56 »
I might have to buy another topre board just for this.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 21:39:42 »

That's the spirit!

Although really, why are we interested in this?

So that we can put more custom keycaps on a Topre board?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline keymaster

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 10 November 2013, 22:58:42 »

That's the spirit!

Although really, why are we interested in this?

So that we can put more custom keycaps on a Topre board?

Yes. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who wants to put a Dolch set on a Topre keyboard.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #159 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 08:06:05 »
I'm happy that we can finally get a PBT spacebar on Topre boards!
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 08:10:13 »
Damn you sir, now you've alleviated the problem of keycaps on thorpe boards I'm going to need to invest in one!

Now stop teasing and give us some solid info :P
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Moosecraft

• HHKB Pro
« Reply #161 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 09:33:27 »
Gonna buy a TKL model most definitely :D
I am bigfatmc over at other places!

Offline scruffles

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 22:44:23 »
do want.

Offline keymaster

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 22:53:52 »
Looking at the picture in OP, I wonder if this is just a modified QFR with an aluminum plate and the hybrid switches... It's going to be interesting to find out how they've actually done this.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 22:56:36 »
Looking at the picture in OP, I wonder if this is just a modified QFR with an aluminum plate and the hybrid switches... It's going to be interesting to find out how they've actually done this.

More
Show Image

Well the top piece isn't the same as the QFRs, the side parts/wall are too wide.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 22:58:18 »
That mouse really makes me want to wait until I buy my next mouse.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 23:07:50 »

Show Image

If it was, that would bode well for a standard layout.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #167 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 13:43:03 »

I'm almost positive that will not be the real price. Once Cooler Master gets word that nubbinator sold a CC for $30, they will start selling these for $30.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 18:21:14 »

I'm almost positive that will not be the real price. Once Cooler Master gets word that nubbinator sold a CC for $30, they will start selling these for $30.

When did nubbs sell a CC for $30?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #169 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 20:34:37 »

When did nubbs sell a CC for $30?

I think it was that $30 HO competition that he made

Offline berrymxblue

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 21:06:16 »
Good to see cm seems to stay a step ahead other companies by listening to the community.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 21:08:18 »
i liked them when they heard us complaining about the excessive branding on the QFR and came out with less branded cases
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 21:11:11 »
i liked them when they heard us complaining about the excessive branding on the QFR and came out with less branded cases

I also appreciated this...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 21:15:48 »

As usual, I was the only person who liked that.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 01:15:35 »
Interesting but aren't you concerned that if you can't retrofit a old Topre with these stems we going to have even less keycap options for true Topre stems.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #175 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 01:21:50 »
Interesting but aren't you concerned that if you can't retrofit a old Topre with these stems we going to have even less keycap options for true Topre stems.

I don't think that would be a concern at all. If you want to use Topre switches, buy a Topre/FC660C board. If you want to use MX stems with Topre feel, use this.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline tbc

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 01:26:10 »
^

i really have no idea what you just said there...

I think atlast3686 is concerned that he STILL wouldn't be able to get mx keycaps on his FC660C (for example). he wants to be able to put these new stems into his CURRENT board.

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 01:36:50 »

Not like the market's overflowing with "True" topre stem cap options currently.  That's why people are excited about the prospects of swaps.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 03:37:12 »
Just as long as this keyboard has the Thorpe thock!

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 05:11:40 »
Just as long as this keyboard has the Thorpe thock!

I just want to see a 60% version or a way where i can put the stems in a HHKB.

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 08:16:46 »

Not like the market's overflowing with "True" topre stem cap options currently.  That's why people are excited about the prospects of swaps.

That is very true, I would just hate to see all those Realforces and HHKBs without any options but it probably won't be an issue.

Offline keymaster

« Reply #181 on: Thu, 14 November 2013, 15:05:34 »

That is very true, I would just hate to see all those Realforces and HHKBs without any options but it probably won't be an issue.

They already have very, very limited options in terms of keycap sets. Most sets for RealForce are sold out on EliteKeyboards.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #182 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 17:05:31 »
They already have very, very limited options in terms of keycap sets. Most sets for RealForce are sold out on EliteKeyboards.

If they ever decide to follow the MX fittings route, then Elitekeyboards would go bankrupt soon after  ;D .  After all who wants to stay enslaved to only ONE company to get any of their Topre fix?

Plus SP, GMK and BSP would get far more orders coming in from combined Cherry and Thorpie users, which can ONLY lead to a far greater choice for everyone involved  :thumb: .  This should be the future for everyone here.  You get a far greater choice plus the prices should plummet across the board (hopeful naivety).

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 06:18:22 »
Ughhh can't stop thinking about this, we need more info Carter! Even just a ball park release date so we don't go insane!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #184 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 06:21:06 »
Must. Have. Now. Also don't make it super expensive pls

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 06:23:10 »

Hell even if it's Realforce priced I'm sure they'll get plenty of takers, the MX stems are going to be one of the biggest selling points.

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 08:32:30 »

Hell even if it's Realforce priced I'm sure they'll get plenty of takers, the MX stems are going to be one of the biggest selling points.

I know I'm interested in trying out some.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #187 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 11:53:01 »
Hey Carter,

Silenced Topre would like to have a word with you.

Offline theMANtonio

• Go Hawks
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 11:27:45 »
Still want an update.. Will just post to bump this and hope for an update.  ;D

Offline korrelate

• iubeo stultum esse libenter
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 21:39:29 »
i just want to say that carter was kind/evil enough to tell me about this quite a while ago, but i was sworn to secrecy and it has been literally KILLING ME.

two words; DOLCH TOPRE

I MEAN C'MON

HOLY SH*T !!! My sentiments exactly: DOLCH TOPRE?!! :eek:

Topre's caps seem to be very high quality, but I don't want darker on dark. just not for me. And white cases are kind of meh. I'd rather be able to throw my dolch on it. THAT and the fact that although I love MS I can't stand having any kind of windows logo on my keyboard ... all that has kept me away from Topre. If these are legit I'm picking up a 55g the next day.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 November 2013, 21:43:50 by korrelate »

Topre REALFORCE

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #190 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 21:47:55 »

Updatesplz.

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #191 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 21:50:43 »
please let there be an option without keycaps

Offline tbc

« Reply #192 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 22:56:45 »
for the love of the almighty, give me 75%
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #193 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 23:36:12 »

Hopefully if they go through all the trouble to put mx stems in topre they will have some decent keycaps to begin with.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 23:38:25 »

Hopefully if they go through all the trouble to put mx stems in topre they will have some decent keycaps to begin with.

Yeah I would pay a PREMIUM for this board if they just bit the bullet and did a limited edition with GMK caps.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #195 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 23:44:05 »

Yeah I would pay a PREMIUM for this board if they just bit the bullet and did a limited edition with GMK caps.

It would probably cost entirely too much :P

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #196 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 23:49:24 »

If anyone could do it I'd say it would be CM. I'd imagine if they did a run of 1000 they could get TKL sets from GMK @ arround the $55 mark.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #197 on: Fri, 29 November 2013, 23:54:52 »

If anyone could do it I'd say it would be CM. I'd imagine if they did a run of 1000 they could get TKL sets from GMK @ arround the $55 mark.

So maybe ~$200 for a topre TKL with GMK caps?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #198 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 00:01:13 »

So maybe ~$200 for a topre TKL with GMK caps?

I'm betting this board with standard caps will be over $200 before adding GMK caps. Probably closer to $300 all up for a limited edition. It'd be so worth it though, people pay $300 for HHKB's!

Offline keymaster

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 30 November 2013, 00:05:40 »
Sorry, but Can won't be selling or making a keyboard that is that expensive. Sure, it may still appeal to us enthusiasts, but most potential buyers would scoff at a $200+ price tag.