Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2709881 times)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #7650 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 20:23:00 »
So people were able to win despite not listing stem types in order, right?

Pretty sure that was the only thing off in mine. Just trying to figure out what I messed up in my email. hm... mysteries mysteries :)

I got in and I overlooked the part about including the stem type in the subject of the email, I just put MX in the body

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #7651 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 20:27:46 »
So people were able to win despite not listing stem types in order, right?

Pretty sure that was the only thing off in mine. Just trying to figure out what I messed up in my email. hm... mysteries mysteries :)

I got in and I overlooked the part about including the stem type in the subject of the email, I just put MX in the body

Neat. Glad many of my friends who also forgot got in :)

I don't mind at all missing out though! I've had my luck in past email sales. Hopefully many first time winners in this sale.

Offline ice31000

• Just a block of ice on a journey of clacking.
« Reply #7652 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 20:44:20 »
I won with 5 seconds late, I guess I was blessed?
iceyy

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #7653 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 20:45:18 »

That or your stem choice was the least popular.

Offline ice31000

• Just a block of ice on a journey of clacking.
« Reply #7654 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 20:54:13 »

I picked MX.
iceyy

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #7655 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 21:00:23 »
I hope I get a topre cap, but I could get a BS one too, considering I'm planning on getting a BS board soon, or just use it in a trade..

Only: Topre, BS, in the title.

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #7656 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 21:21:01 »
I know people might not care, but OMG. Actually got into the Low NaCL Sale! Finally the 0/8 streak has been broken! Gah I'm so happy.  :p

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #7657 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 21:25:11 »
I told some of my friends hey this last chance for reaper / bbv2 you should enter this sale

and now I have to dodge the daggers being the only winner among us :v

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #7658 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 21:41:44 »
I told some of my friends hey this last chance for reaper / bbv2 you should enter this sale

and now I have to dodge the daggers being the only winner among us :v

Clearly they had too much sodium.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #7659 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 21:45:04 »
I'm so salty right now. I sent my email within the second and didn't win. I think i am going to be taking a break from my brocap search for awhile.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #7660 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 21:53:08 »
Congrats to all the give away winners. Really nice stories.  :thumb:

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #7661 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 22:05:53 »
I know people might not care, but OMG. Actually got into the Low NaCL Sale! Finally the 0/8 streak has been broken! Gah I'm so happy.  :p

Congrats :D It is an awesome feeling. This was my 4th sale and so while it feels amazing for me I bet it feels even better for you!
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline FranksNewLiver

« Reply #7662 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 22:10:48 »

I picked MX.
Yeah, also 5 seconds late and MX and nothing, so blessed  :p

Offline eyesmiles

« Reply #7663 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 22:37:02 »
Grats to the winners! One day ... some day ... I'll get a Bro. Kinda makes you feel like a princess when you're waiting for a prince to sweep you off your feet ... except it's a Bro cap :p

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #7664 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 22:40:39 »
0/11 streak - i knew i shouldn't have drank that powerade :(

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #7665 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 23:07:10 »
Man I'm so ecstatic to get my first Bro. I'm going to make my GH Avatar that brocap and never gonna change it ever

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #7666 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 23:35:57 »
Man I'm so ecstatic to get my first Bro. I'm going to make my GH Avatar that brocap and never gonna change it ever

I'm sure you'll change it when you get your next brocap  ;)

Offline willidiots

« Reply #7667 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 00:32:51 »
Have now entered 3 sales, nothing.  For Low Sodium sale I was stoked - I sat on the computer for an hour, timed emails and refreshed my tab on the countdown to ensure it was in sync.  Hit the Send button at the exact moment it hit 0, so was *sure* I'd get this one.

Still no dice. :(

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #7668 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 00:58:06 »
Have now entered 3 sales, nothing.  For Low Sodium sale I was stoked - I sat on the computer for an hour, timed emails and refreshed my tab on the countdown to ensure it was in sync.  Hit the Send button at the exact moment it hit 0, so was *sure* I'd get this one.

Keep it up, man!  I missed the sale entirely, but Bro will continue making even cooler designs and you'll get one eventually. :)

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #7669 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 01:01:41 »

It took me 4 tries to get into one. Keep your head up and try try again. It is worth it once you make it into one :)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #7670 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 05:20:11 »
Someone hug me looks like I'm on the high sodium side it seems, well...uhh till next time

*Fire cries

Now sleep time

No cries.  No tears. 

Show Image

*Fire hugs you

*Fire cries on your shoulder a little
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Cameron

« Reply #7671 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 05:35:41 »
All these people that are super happy and I missed out on both the cosmo sale and the NaCl sale =\ even though I sent mine right on the dot at the opening time =\

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #7672 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 05:57:01 »
All these people that are super happy and I missed out on both the cosmo sale and the NaCl sale =\ even though I sent mine right on the dot at the opening time =\

This, is life my friend

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #7673 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 06:04:26 »
Has anyone received an invoice yet?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #7674 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 06:21:21 »
Nope, I've been up 3 hours hoping for one but Bro is probably enjoying a well earned sleep as it's 4am there, I should go do something else!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #7675 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 06:54:26 »
Is it time that the hubby and I do two entries?
Or should we stay cool and continue our 1 per household rule?

:p
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7676 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 06:57:14 »

Oh god...

I would like to say you should be able to do two, but that will open up a whole bunch of problems as you'll see people making accounts just to have two entries into the sale and saying it's their sibling or SO.

Offline abswyfe

• I <3 Geekhack
« Reply #7677 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 06:58:32 »

Oh god...

I would like to say you should be able to do two, but that will open up a whole bunch of problems as you'll see people making accounts just to have two entries into the sale and saying it's their sibling or SO.

Yeah
That is why we don't do it
I was just doing some "rustlin"

:))
Thank you all Destiny supporters and all you fun people in off topic! I think I will try to stick around for a while!

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #7678 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 07:10:53 »
Yeah

Me :I

I would say you should just enter I'm sure bro wouldn't mind as you actually have a interest in them
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #7679 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 07:26:21 »
Yeah

Show Image

Me :I

I would say you should just enter I'm sure bro wouldn't mind as you actually have a interest in them

She only wants bright color gamer sets to swap on her HHKB. She wouldn't have even entered this sale if she was allowed. :p

Don't fall for my wonderful wyfe's trolling!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #7680 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 07:32:44 »
snip
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline cheesedgrate

« Reply #7681 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 10:12:41 »

Hang in there. This was my 10th bro sale I attended and the first one I got in. For my first six or so sales I was always incredibly salty that I didn't get that. After that, I just sort of understood the zen of cap sales: Someone always wins and it might be you. Or not. The next sale will always come and the caps will invariably be cooler than in the sale before.

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #7682 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 10:43:11 »
just a quick question! did anyone who won in the Low Sodium Sale receive an invoice yet? i mean its 24h ago since i got the mail that i actually won and that the invoice will come "soon"... (just a bit overconcerned)

Offline cheesedgrate

« Reply #7683 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 10:45:24 »
just a quick question! did anyone who won in the Low Sodium Sale receive an invoice yet? i mean its 24h ago since i got the mail that i actually won and that the invoice will come "soon"... (just a bit overconcerned)

Nope, haven't gotten anything here.

Offline awhitedev

« Reply #7684 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 10:50:49 »

I don't think anyone has received one yet. Hang in there. I'm sure it'll be be sent sometime soon. I think Bro is just super busy getting tons of keycaps sorted out.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7685 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 11:21:08 »

Don't lose hope. Keep entering. 0/6 + 1 missed sale for me, no dice. Many others have even higher numbers than me. Sometimes it takes a while. I too sent my email right at 11:00:00 PST, and didn't get in.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7686 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 11:23:57 »
Don't lose hope. Keep entering. 0/6 + 1 missed sale for me, no dice. Many others have even higher numbers than me. Sometimes it takes a while. I too sent my email right at 11:00:00 PST, and didn't get in.

You at least won the Welcome Back Geekhack Giveaway though :P  :))

Offline Kinaesthetic

« Reply #7687 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 12:24:35 »

Hang in there. This was my 10th bro sale I attended and the first one I got in. For my first six or so sales I was always incredibly salty that I didn't get that. After that, I just sort of understood the zen of cap sales: Someone always wins and it might be you. Or not. The next sale will always come and the caps will invariably be cooler than in the sale before.

Yeah, the last sale was my 8th (Cosmo). Finally got in on this salty sale. No longer salty anymore. However, I think for some, this NaCl sale was kinda a downer that they didn't win, since it is the last BBv2 sale ever. That design is going to hold a place in people's hearts.

I will say that I believe Bunny and Bro are going to be making some changes. I gave some feedback over on Bro's subreddit on a couple of things that they might implement to make people who dedicate their time every sale to try and win, but never do, have a slightly higher chance. Kinda like each sale you enter, but don't win, your chances of winning in the next sale go up by like 0.1% or maybe a smaller amount. Something small, but enough to where you don't feel completely hopeless when you don't win. Also, I think by the next CTRAlt.io Bro Sale, they are going to implement a mailing system to where if you didn't get in, they'll send you an email stating such. Rather than the disappointment of not getting any notice that you get in.

Hopefully those two things are implemented. And if anyone else agrees with it, you should mention it too, and maybe we can ensure that it happens! So far, Bro agreed with what I had said above and is gonna try to make it happen!

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #7688 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 12:52:41 »
Kinda like each sale you enter, but don't win, your chances of winning in the next sale go up by like 0.1%

I think by the next CTRAlt.io Bro Sale, they are going to implement a mailing system to where if you didn't get in, they'll send you an email stating such.
I think the getting a email to say you didn't win would be nice, least it gives closure on the matter :)

My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #7689 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 13:31:37 »
Kinda like each sale you enter, but don't win, your chances of winning in the next sale go up by like 0.1%

I think by the next CTRAlt.io Bro Sale, they are going to implement a mailing system to where if you didn't get in, they'll send you an email stating such.
I think the getting a email to say you didn't win would be nice, least it gives closure on the matter :)

im not gonna start emailing people telling them they are a loser lol

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7690 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 13:32:10 »

You at least won the Welcome Back Geekhack Giveaway though :P  :))

I'm still a bit in shock from it  :eek: . Seriously made my day when I walked into work and saw that I won that golden ticket  :D

I will say that I believe Bunny and Bro are going to be making some changes. I gave some feedback over on Bro's subreddit on a couple of things that they might implement to make people who dedicate their time every sale to try and win, but never do, have a slightly higher chance. Kinda like each sale you enter, but don't win, your chances of winning in the next sale go up by like 0.1% or maybe a smaller amount. Something small, but enough to where you don't feel completely hopeless when you don't win.

I could see this happening. We have to log our Geekhack usernames with each raffle anyways, why not just log the # of ID's into a database, and throw that against all of the entries for a sale. I think this is how they do some sales, like the Karma sale.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #7691 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 13:33:04 »

That sounds like a good idea until you think about how happy you are to see the email, and then how pissed you are when you read it lol.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #7692 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 13:33:59 »

"

I'm sorry, but you're a FREAKING LOSER, KID. YOU DIDN'T GET IN. QQ. REST IN RIP. PEACE.

"

- how every person will comprehend loser email because they didn't win
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 13:42:31 by VesperSAINT »

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #7693 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 13:50:00 »

"

I'm sorry, but you're a FREAKING LOSER, KID. YOU DIDN'T GET IN. QQ. REST IN RIP. PEACE.

Show Image

"

- how every person will comprehend loser email because they didn't win

Yeah I get enough of being called a loser by Vesper
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline VentureG

« Reply #7694 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 13:53:11 »

Just send them this

i made this.  :-[

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #7695 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 13:56:00 »
Yeah I get enough of being called a loser by Vesper

Just send them this

Show Image

Dood, that's awesome. LOL!

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #7696 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 13:57:30 »
great GIF! xD

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #7697 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 14:03:48 »

Just send them this

Show Image

This is awesome  haha

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #7698 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 14:12:24 »

Aha well it was a good one anyway :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #7699 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 14:17:34 »

When did I post this message? I got a notification on tapatalk that I was quoted but I never post in this forum..

Edit: I see it. It was a post by Kinaesthetic that I was misquoted in.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 July 2015, 14:19:34 by radio_killah »