Which profile this set should be?

DCS (standard filco-like caps)
38 (43.7%)
DSA (low spherical)
22 (25.3%)
SA (tall spherical)
27 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Author Topic: [IC] ALL NEW Midnight SA set  (Read 168674 times)

Offline darkiedark

Re: [IC] Midnight set
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 04:42:52 »
My first group buy. Pleaseeee sweet baby jesus, let us get enough people on this!!!

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #701 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 04:50:13 »
My first group buy. Pleaseeee sweet baby jesus, let us get enough people on this!!!

spread the word!

Offline darkiedark

« Reply #702 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 05:13:37 »
Haha I sent the link to a few friends.

For the Poker II, i just need the base kit and the modifiers at the bare minimum right?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #703 on: Fri, 04 July 2014, 05:15:04 »
Haha I sent the link to a few friends.

For the Poker II, i just need the base kit and the modifiers at the bare minimum right?

right!

Offline Kraksx

« Reply #704 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 22:24:54 »
How do I order this?

Poker II

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #706 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 05:54:00 »
...waiting to press the "Buy" button on the DSA version!
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #707 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 06:36:11 »
If this one doesn't do that well there won't be a DSA version. Buy this first! :P
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline Data

« Reply #708 on: Thu, 10 July 2014, 12:14:04 »
If this one doesn't do that well there won't be a DSA version. Buy this first! :P

Agreed.  Supporting this set will greatly improve the chances of SA and DSA versions.  That is exactly what I'm doing.

Offline Cods

« Reply #709 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 02:32:15 »

Agreed.  Supporting this set will greatly improve the chances of SA and DSA versions.  That is exactly what I'm doing.

I know (and I get it) but I don't want to use DCS at all on any of my keyboards, and am in the process of replacing all DCS / 'OEM' / standard keys that I currently have. Well, apart from my kids' keyboard, which has Nostalgia in DCS on it because they are fans of the orangey goodness.

As stated way earlier in the thread - up for it in DSA or SA, but not enough to buy a key set that I have no use for, as pretty as it may be!
 :)

Best of luck with this one Matt30.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #710 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 02:34:00 »
at this stage it seems that not even DCS will tip, so the story ends here.

Offline Cods

« Reply #711 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 02:36:42 »
Sorry to hear that, I understand you put a lot of work into this (on top of all the other sets you put a lot of work into).
 :(

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #712 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 02:50:52 »
like I said so many times: I do this for the community not for myself (I don't need another set, especially DCS), if the community doesn't want it, so be it :) There will be other GBs. It's a pity because I liked this combo, but I let too much time pass from IC to GB probably and also bad timing.

Offline myrddin

« Reply #713 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 11:22:22 »
Still planning SA (r3) set after this?

I guess not everyone uses custom layouts, but that + ergodox people add up.

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
« Reply #714 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 11:29:27 »
same here
+1
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #715 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 11:31:29 »
I didn't vote for any profile, but I was following the IC and hoping for the backlight feature, which was cancelled due to problems withe the legend's visibility. That feature would have been the only reason for me to buy an ABS set. Still sad it doesn't go well, the design is great as always.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #716 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 11:37:41 »
I'm in talk with SP for a backlight compatible set

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #717 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 21:03:58 »
We should try to advertise this GB and hope we can get past MOQ. Maybe SP can do one last e-mail alert?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #718 on: Fri, 11 July 2014, 22:42:24 »
Still planning SA (r3) set after this?

I guess not everyone uses custom layouts, but that + ergodox people add up.

Yeah there are a strong crowd here still lusting after some SA action  :thumb: .

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #719 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 04:08:40 »
I just want to thank all those who voted for DCS. Thank you for wasting my time.

This might be Midnight SA.

Offline bianco

« Reply #720 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 05:20:48 »
I just want to thank all those who voted for DCS. Thank you for wasting my time.

Show Image

now this is the one i voted for... iirc.
time to save up on funds.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #721 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 05:27:03 »
There are a couple of errors I have to rectify and I will probably also add some novelty keys (in an extra kit btw, not in the main set).

I don't know if this will actually see the light. There are too many options and probably the wow factor is not enough.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #722 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 05:42:16 »

It's pretty pitiful that 38 people voted for DCS and we can barely get half that on the base kit.

No more twilight for the most part?  That was my favorite part :(  It's still a beautiful set though. 

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #723 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 05:56:09 »
I'd love to add the twilight kits back but clearly there's not enough traction. Either twilight mods or variable+fixed row options. We can't have both.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #724 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 06:01:41 »

Show Image

Don't get angry with any so-called versions of democracy on the internet because it's always a sham to begin with.  That is why no one really runs them unless you want to flame an issue or create some kind of nasty situation, which they have done easily.

All I know I shall purchase 4 complete sets of your Midnight SA profiled Key-set (all done in ABS please).  Need to avoid anything to do with PBT here......sorry.

That you can take to the bank here because I won't run nor back away when you launch this on PMK's website.  Only hope more will come to this party because when it comes to SA profiles SP really makes them NICE hence no concerns about quality or finish here for these sets.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #725 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 06:11:53 »
It's pretty pitiful that 38 people voted for DCS and we can barely get half that on the base kit.

No more twilight for the most part?  That was my favorite part :(  It's still a beautiful set though.

It is the colours Matt3o chose which were perfect for a conservative key-set.  I think it's a subtle version of DOLCH, there I said it.  But the legends are done in that Razer-like Green Colour which I thought the gamer-dweebs would love.

Again when it comes to taste here sometimes everyone misses that quiet key-set because it isn't flashing any bright fluro-colours, desperately trying to attract attention from any passerby.  Sometimes having a simple key-set gets the work done around midnight and no excuses needed to be given because it always gets done before the next day  :thumb: .

That is the type of key-set that should be pushed around here, sick and tired of seeing lurid colours requiring a heavy shade of Raybans to keep my eyes from blistering with those type of horridly bright pigments  8) .
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 July 2014, 06:21:00 by Elrick »

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #726 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 06:28:26 »
I believe Midnight is that color combo that you really die for only when you see it on others' keyboard and you swear to yourself for not picking it :)

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
[IC] Midnight set
« Reply #727 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 07:25:41 »
Matt, given the failure of DCS, would you be willing to try simplifying the kits dramatically and going the same route bunny went with the bro set? No flourishes, just one kit that includes base TKL, numpad, tsangan, ISO, and some common modifiers. Pick a profile. (I'd prefer variable and probably wouldn't buy all row 3, but I'm sure others feel the opposite.)

Or if you're not a fan of one kit, simplifying the kit options dramatically would go a long way towards this set seeing the light.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #728 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 07:45:10 »
I'm a huge fan of many options :) I'm in for custom keyboards and the standard sets are not very appealing to me. That being said, I could go for a variable row layout and an all row3 ergodox kit that includes alphas.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #729 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 09:23:24 »

I understand why you are pretty pissed about the outcome of your GB. You put a lot of effort into designing the set and it didn't pay off...

But I don't think people "screwed you over" on purpose.

You have to admit that it took quite some time to turn the IC into a GB.

You started the interest check in December 2014 - over half a year ago. In the meantime there were DCS GBs for sets like Raindrop V2, Toxic and the Bro Set. People spend fortunes on the Granite Set and Ivan's PBT and GMK GBs. Of course people change their mind over such a long period of time and they don't have unlimited money either.

I am not saying it's your fault or anything, but it might just have been the wrong time to launch it...

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #730 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 09:59:29 »
my bad. lesson learned.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #731 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 10:05:51 »
my bad. lesson learned.

im sorry people are using me as an example against what happened here sir, i think you are doing an amazing job, you are so diligent with all your buys and put a ton of work in to them, and they deserve every success

i dont think the numbers reflect how popular this  set will become once it gets into producution
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #732 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 10:14:50 »
my bad. lesson learned.

im sorry people are using me as an example against what happened here sir, i think you are doing an amazing job, you are so diligent with all your buys and put a ton of work in to them, and they deserve every success

i dont think the numbers reflect how popular this  set will become once it gets into producution

bunny, I don't really blame you :) you have all my respect and I love every design you make.

my post was a little ranty because I wanted SA and decided to do DCS instead based on the poll.

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #733 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 10:26:57 »

A bit harsh! I've never seen high profile or spherical keys in person, so I opted for what's familiar. I'm not sure I like how SA looks in pictures, but if Midnight tips in SA instead of DCS, I'll be on board. Great looking set either way.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #734 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 10:41:07 »
Sorry, I've been harsh, my apologies. Like I said, I wanted SA and did DCS for the community instead. Please let me be a little bitter for a sec.

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #735 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:07:27 »
Yeah! Let it all out!

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #736 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:11:35 »
my bad. lesson learned.

bunny, I don't really blame you :) you have all my respect and I love every design you make.

my post was a little ranty because I wanted SA and decided to do DCS instead based on the poll.

Please don't get me wrong guys!

I am not blaming anybody here. I just wanted to present possible explanations why people might not have ordered the Midnight Set although it is very appealing.

The high rate of awesome GBs in early 2014 is the main reason why Midnight is struggling in my opinion.

Offline Zebadule

« Reply #737 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:13:04 »
A huge number of people have come out for SA in the past weeks. Maybe it's worth holding another vote (framed like a pledge) to see if SA could happen? I'll do anything I can to help, if you'd like it.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #738 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:14:05 »
I'm done with polls :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #739 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:16:36 »

go with your gut man

there is a reason i dont do any interest checks  ;)
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #740 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:36:03 »

go with your gut man

there is a reason i dont do any interest checks  ;)

Have you two ever thought about making a keyset together? And yes: screw interest checks.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #741 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 11:41:01 »
personally, I would be honored.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #742 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 12:22:32 »
Can someone check the Ergodox kit? Does it work? Am I missing something?

thanks

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #743 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 12:40:16 »
I believe Midnight is that color combo that you really die for only when you see it on others' keyboard and you swear to yourself for not picking it :)

That's damn true. I was not voting, nor really interested in this group buy, but just because the main reason was my massive Round 5 order (thanks to all this language options) and my Granite order. Enough for all my recent and future boards. So i wanted to skip the Midnight set. But i fell in love with this color combo by time, and now with SA profile i'll be in. I just not really liked the DCS profile.

I'm a huge fan of many options :) I'm in for custom keyboards and the standard sets are not very appealing to me. That being said, I could go for a variable row layout and an all row3 ergodox kit that includes alphas.

I like many options and many options are good if there's enough time from start to end of a group buy. There will be more orders i think. It's more fun to choose and think what you could get - even if you don't need it.
... ...

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #744 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 12:46:45 »

thanks

Show Image

Really liking these kits, Matt. There's enough that it's interesting and you can get some cool extra keys, but not so much duplication that buyers will be divided on basic kits.

Offline Zebadule

« Reply #745 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 12:58:01 »

It has all the odd keys, and the blank kit should take care of the rest. I'm not sure about the alternate F/J without alternate homing keys. Sad to see the custom legends go.

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #746 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 13:04:39 »

thanks

Show Image

Given this options, can someone advise what option should I get if I am to get an hhkb layout?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #747 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 13:08:58 »
Do the profiles of the Additional Modifiers need to be changed? All row 3 doesn't make a lot of sense anymore, does it?

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #748 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 13:21:16 »
Given this options, can someone advise what option should I get if I am to get an hhkb layout?

for HHKB you need the base kit (60%), winkeyless and additional modifiers.

Do the profiles of the Additional Modifiers need to be changed? All row 3 doesn't make a lot of sense anymore, does it?

Almost all modifiers are on row3 (SP doesn't have row4 modifiers), but maybe I missed something. What do you think need to be changed?

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #749 on: Sat, 12 July 2014, 13:22:45 »

Almost all modifiers are on row3 (SP doesn't have row4 modifiers), but maybe I missed something. What do you think need to be changed?

Ah gotcha, nevermind then. This is just my ignorance poking out.