Author Topic: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!  (Read 1422672 times)

Offline gojira54

Re: Post Pictures Of Your Desk/Set Ups!
« Reply #1350 on: Sun, 08 September 2013, 15:15:27 »
quite comfy in my space now :)

34574-0

Offline KaLam1ty

« Reply #1351 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 02:11:04 »
New semester, new dorm. Still living with their ****ty furniture and trying to make the best of it..
Sorry in advance for the potato shot.

Lights on:

Lights off:

The LED ribbon doesn't look nearly as blinding as the shot shows. It's just my phone being stupid.
It's more of an ambient glow. It can get much brighter though and be used as a study light.
This is on the lowest power setting.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1352 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 06:12:22 »
That is pretty badass.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #1353 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 08:30:28 »
quite comfy in my space now :)

(Attachment Link)

Wait! Is that a Sony PVM broadcasting monitor? :3

Offline gojira54

« Reply #1354 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 09:03:42 »
Yeah sony PVM - retro video games look amazing on it.
I'm living in a timewarp :s

Offline loadstar81

« Reply #1355 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 10:26:35 »
Lights off:
Show Image

Looks awesome, please tell me there's a mirror on the other side with an orange LED strip around it too!
LOAD "*",8,1  | kbtpure | cm qftk

Offline SeriouSSpotS

• 60% is love, 60% is life
« Reply #1356 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 10:42:56 »
New semester, new dorm. Still living with their ****ty furniture and trying to make the best of it..

Lights on:
Show Image

Lights off:
Show Image

The LED ribbon doesn't look nearly as blinding as the shot shows. It's just my phone being stupid.
It's more of an ambient glow. It can get much brighter though and be used as a study light.

Better than mine
QFR - MX black   |   Poker X - Panda Clears   |   Poker 2 - MX blue

Offline ssdt

« Reply #1357 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 10:46:31 »

Lights on:
Show Image

Lights off:
Show Image

The lightning is pretty sexy!

Poker II         HHKB Pro 2

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” - Aristotle

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1358 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 12:37:01 »

Offline gojira54

« Reply #1359 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 13:59:11 »
CRT is for retro games & laserdiscs =]

34764-0

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1360 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 14:04:23 »
That is pure awesome, right there.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline vasouv

« Reply #1361 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 14:05:05 »
Like the axes! \m/

Are those the AV-40s? I bought them a couple of years ago, some of the best money I've ever spent...

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1362 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 14:13:44 »
Are those Schecters? Ewwwww

Offline iAmAhab

• Established member
« Reply #1363 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 14:24:59 »

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #1364 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 15:08:45 »
Yeah sony PVM - retro video games look amazing on it.
I'm living in a timewarp :s

Awesome CRT what I remember, thumbs up!

Offline KaLam1ty

« Reply #1365 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 17:56:49 »
Are those the AV-40s? I bought them a couple of years ago, some of the best money I've ever spent...
Yea, they're not amazing, but definitely works for just a dorm set up. I got Yamahas at home but
no way I'm bring those in. 'no point  :)).

Are those Schecters? Ewwwww
Yea yea, they're Schecters  :p, I know. They're not great either but it's the same case with my speakers;
I just need something simple and cheap to keep in a dorm. I got some Jacksons at home but those
are way too valuable to bring along haha. My dorm is already enough of a money vault.
They are probably some of the best budget guitars you can get out there though.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1366 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 18:50:57 »
I agree. I'd still go with LTD's but whatever floats your boat. As long as you're playing  ;)

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #1367 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 18:58:57 »

(Attachment Link)

That's awesome!
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1368 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 19:37:40 »
I miss my Jackson :(

I'd go with LTDs as well, but that's probably bias as I used to have an endorsement deal with them.

Offline DamienG

• DamienG
« Reply #1369 on: Mon, 09 September 2013, 22:20:22 »
Very cool. I'm trying to find a Commodore 15" CRT for my retro machines. Scaled up LCD just doesn't cut it.

[)amien

Offline pr1me

« Reply #1370 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 00:53:45 »

(Attachment Link)

this is great  :thumb:

Offline skuko

« Reply #1371 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 06:44:28 »
nothing fancy, just a big ikea table to accomodate a 29" ultra wide and a 24" :)

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1372 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 06:48:10 »
I miss my Jackson :(

I'd go with LTDs as well, but that's probably bias as I used to have an endorsement deal with them.

Sweet, which band did you play in? And what are you using now?

Offline frogamic

« Reply #1373 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 07:04:32 »
nothing fancy, just a big ikea table to accomodate a 29" ultra wide and a 24" :)

Show Image

The angle of the base of your right monitor is annoying me more than it probably should
Filco TKL | Filco ISO105 | Acer 6311-K71

Offline skuko

« Reply #1374 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 07:36:11 »

Show Image

The angle of the base of your right monitor is annoying me more than it probably should

hehehe, i thought it might....there's a good reason for that. i turn that monitor 90 degrees to the right when watching shows on it while doing my daily 40 mins on the stationary bike (which i moved out of the picture before shooting) :P

Offline stancato9

« Reply #1375 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 10:05:43 »

Show Image

Very clean setup. How's gaming on the 29"? I was going to get one but decided on a 1440p 27" instead.
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline skuko

« Reply #1376 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 14:53:39 »

Show Image

Very clean setup. How's gaming on the 29"? I was going to get one but decided on a 1440p 27" instead.

very clean, only because the photo was taken just after tidying my crap up :D

i love the ultra wide to be honest. was in the same boat - 27" 1440p vs 29" 21:9. bit the bullet and pulled the trigger on the U2913WM, don't regret a thing :)

gaming and movies are awesome on it, browsing and the rest is done on the 24"

love it.

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #1377 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 22:38:31 »

Show Image

I have the same table -- it's exactly what I needed. I accidentally picked up that color instead of black/dark brown, but I didn't want to bother with the return.

Do you plan on purchasing better speakers or do you use your headphones mostly? Either way, nice setup.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1378 on: Tue, 10 September 2013, 22:42:25 »

Show Image

Clean setup.  Yes I did read your comment above, and I wish I had enough space to move my stuff out of the frame so my desk could look like that just for a few minutes.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline skuko

« Reply #1379 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 01:00:18 »

Show Image

I have the same table -- it's exactly what I needed. I accidentally picked up that color instead of black/dark brown, but I didn't want to bother with the return.

Do you plan on purchasing better speakers or do you use your headphones mostly? Either way, nice setup.

Hehe, I keep bashing my head for not going with the white one, would be much easier to clean. Smudges and dust are more visible on white...

It's a 2.1 Logitech speaker system, woofer is under the table. I don't really use it though, 99% of the time it's the pc360 headset because I have other people in the flat. Only have them up while watching a tv show when exercising.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1380 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 01:01:41 »

Show Image

Hehe, I keep bashing my head for not going with the white one, would be much easier to clean. Smudges and dust are more visible on white...

It's a 2.1 Logitech speaker system, woofer is under the table. I don't really use it though, 99% of the time it's the pc360 headset because I have other people in the flat. Only have them up while watching a tv show when exercising.

FWIW I have one white(ish) and one black(ish) table, and the white one shows all the dark marks and the black one shows all the light marks.

Can't win.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ssdt

« Reply #1381 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 01:53:03 »

Show Image

FWIW I have one white(ish) and one black(ish) table, and the white one shows all the dark marks and the black one shows all the light marks.

Can't win.

Same here. It's a pain in the a** either way :D

Poker II         HHKB Pro 2

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” - Aristotle

Offline Gunni

« Reply #1382 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 04:26:59 »
Here's my setup, I'm very happy with it :)

Items shown in this photo (left to right):

- Framed football card, not worth much but I used to think it was special :P
- Torch or "Flashlight", I believe it's a Convoy M1.
- Wacom Tablet (Bamboo)
- iPod Touch
- Wallet
- Redstone Lamp
- 24" BenQ Monitor displaying geekhack.org
- My only mechanical keyboard, a CM STORM Quickfire TK with Cherry MX Brown switches.
- Razer DeathAdder 2013 Gaming Mouse
- Key Puller
- Glass of water :P
- PC. Specs are as follows: Intel i5 3570K, 8GB G.Skill RAM, GTX 650 Ti OC, SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD, 1TB Seagate HDD, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, Corsair GS600 PSU, Thermaltake Starcraft Case
- Turtle Beach X12 Headset.

CM Storm Quickfire TK w/ Browns HHKB Pro 2

Offline skuko

« Reply #1383 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 04:47:09 »
nice one, very small mouse mat though, you must be a highsens player...ewww :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1384 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 05:39:26 »
nice one, very small mouse mat though, you must be a highsens player...ewww :P

LOL half the guys around here have a mouse pad bigger than that desk!

Offline Gunni

« Reply #1385 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 06:39:51 »
Yeah I haven't managed to purchase a better/bigger mouse pad.

Is there any particular brands of mouse pads that are good? I was thinking Razer because I've seen them around, and it would match my mouse.
CM Storm Quickfire TK w/ Browns HHKB Pro 2

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #1386 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 06:45:34 »

Is there any particular brands of mouse pads that are good? I was thinking Razer because I've seen them around, and it would match my mouse.

SS pads are pretty safe, Razer do have a few nice ones, I'm currently using a Goliathus Extended(and yes it does match very well with the DA2013), Artisan is a good choice if you want a really good pad and don't mind paying for it.
I've also heard good things about the PureTrak Talent.

Offline SeriouSSpotS

« Reply #1387 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 07:10:54 »

Show Image

- Wacom Tablet (Bamboo)
- iPod Touch
- Wallet
- Redstone Lamp
- My only mechanical keyboard, a CM STORM Quickfire TK with Cherry MX Brown switches.
- Key Puller
- PC. Specs are as follows: Intel i5 3570K, 8GB G.Skill RAM, GTX 650 Ti OC, SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD, 1TB Seagate HDD, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H, Corsair GS600 PSU, Thermaltake Starcraft Case

Show Image

Show Image

Hey nice setup

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1388 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 07:12:15 »

Razer has some good stuff. You may also want to look into Func. Their Surface 1030 is fantastic.

http://www.func.net/en/products/surface-1030/

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #1389 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 07:44:49 »

Show Image

- Wacom Tablet (Bamboo)
- iPod Touch
- Wallet
- Redstone Lamp
- Key Puller

Show Image

Show Image

Nice set up, bro. : )

Offline sor

« Reply #1390 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 12:40:06 »
Heres my messy setup  :-*  , i need new chair and proper cable management at the back!

I know its messy :p, don't bother to do anything for now moving to a new house in another 1 month  ;D
ill post an update when i do that

ESPORTS!

Offline SeriouSSpotS

« Reply #1391 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 12:44:13 »
Heres my messy setup  :-*  , i need new chair and proper cable management at the back!

Show Image

Show Image

I know its messy :p, don't bother to do anything for now moving to a new house in another 1 month  ;D

That is not messy

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #1392 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 15:28:49 »

Used to play in LoveHateHero. All I got these days is a Dean ML and and Epiphone LP. My brother's making me a custom 8-string right now though. Can't wait for that to be finished.

Offline ynrozturk

« Reply #1393 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 16:10:08 »

Used to play in LoveHateHero. All I got these days is a Dean ML and and Epiphone LP. My brother's making me a custom 8-string right now though. Can't wait for that to be finished.

Nice. Gotta love those ML's. I could never get into anything with 6+ strings, though. Just not for me.

Offline oscillik

• music podcasts
« Reply #1394 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 16:19:00 »
updated desk set up, now that my HHKB and Orbweaver Stealth have arrived!

Keymacs A620N-Rev.A with Alps SKCM Salmon switches

Offline sor

« Reply #1395 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 16:23:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

NOT MESSY?! :cool:

That is not messy

ESPORTS!

Offline Game Theory

« Reply #1396 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 19:56:48 »
Desktop is made of food grade Lyptus butcher block.  Its incredibly heavy and dense.  Over-thinking on my part :))
35077-0
... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1397 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 20:01:47 »
australian shepard or border collie?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Game Theory

« Reply #1398 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 20:02:14 »
Aussie.  15 months old.
... he's just a poor kid from the stupid ages.
Realforce 104UG | Realforce 91U | IBM SSK | IBM 5251 BeamSpring | IBM Model F XT |  IBM Model F AT | IBM SSK | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX Blue) | KMAC LE (MX Green)| Northgate Omni Key 101 | Avant Stellar Prime

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #1399 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 20:03:33 »
nice! i love both. really smart animals yeah? but also need tons of play time.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.