Author Topic: GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]  (Read 2122155 times)

Offline digiosia

Re: GMK DOLCH [taking orders]
« Reply #500 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 21:41:55 »
any way to add an odd pack to my order?

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #501 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 22:00:21 »

Submit a new order including the sets you wanted. Google docs will override your current order. :)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #502 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 23:52:04 »

Submit a new order including the sets you wanted. Google docs will override your current order. :)

Is it okay just to use the URL they provide after you submit your form to edit the order?

Offline Halvar

« Reply #503 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 01:08:16 »
Is it okay just to use the URL they provide after you submit your form to edit the order?
Yes, I did that in Ivan's purple buy and it worked.

Offline Motan22

« Reply #504 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 01:48:45 »
How long does it usually take after the groupbuy completes for the sets to be produced and shipped out?

If my memory serves me correctly from previous threads, GMK typically turn around an order within 3 - 4 weeks once it has been placed.

Offline Kakkun

« Reply #505 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 07:37:42 »
Sorry if this has already been asked before, but any reason why there are legends on the enter keys for the color pack?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #506 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 08:43:30 »
Different pack, different legends. Just to offer some variety. While it goes with the Dolch set here, many people are ordering it as a stand alone item to use with existing vintage Dolch sets, or black sets, or Skidata, or...
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 08:45:01 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #507 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 14:24:31 »
Edited my order to add the ODD pack and another set of spacebars. Hope ODD hits MOQ!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #508 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 14:55:45 »
I hope it makes the MOQ too... and I am still surprised it has so few orders considering how popular some of the boards it caters to have been. I know it adds cost on top of the base set but... it's still 'cheap' for keys that don't exist in this colorway and are a bastard to find in others.

Offline acalora

« Reply #509 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:11:21 »
Ivan,

Love the set, thinking about grabbing a base set. But is there any chance of having modifiers with text legends rather than symbols?

Edit: Did some searching, I guess there won't be any added sets. Still might try and find a mod set with text legends, any idea where I could find some?
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:14:33 by acalora »

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
« Reply #510 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:49:22 »
Still might try and find a mod set with text legends, any idea where I could find some?
After market. Round 3 had mods without any symbols but different font , Originative Dolch combines text and symbols.

Edit: Original is also a possibility but every modifier might not fit.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 June 2014, 15:52:30 by Harrowed »

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline acalora

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 16:06:10 »
Still might try and find a mod set with text legends, any idea where I could find some?
After market. Round 3 had mods without any symbols but different font , Originative Dolch combines text and symbols.
Show Image

Show Image

Edit: Original is also a possibility but every modifier might not fit.
Show Image

Thanks for the info. Yeah originative was my favorite combination of symbols and text. But that's out of stock, and I have no idea whether or not I can expect any more from them. And I don't wanna mismatch fonts either, so I'll probably stick with the legends on this GB. I'm pretty sure I'll learn to like them.

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #512 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 19:20:48 »
I hope it makes the MOQ too... and I am still surprised it has so few orders considering how popular some of the boards it caters to have been. I know it adds cost on top of the base set but... it's still 'cheap' for keys that don't exist in this colorway and are a bastard to find in others.

You should hold the order hostage until MOQ is met for the oddmods >:D

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #513 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 20:48:15 »

You should hold the order hostage until MOQ is met for the oddmods >:D

That would be lame.

Offline osi

« Reply #514 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 21:01:01 »
I reallllly want as base set. Need to start seeing where I can squeeze the budget before deadline!

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #515 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 22:36:51 »
I reallllly want as base set. Need to start seeing where I can squeeze the budget before deadline!

Well, the orders close at June 1. You will be a given a grace period after that for payment. (not sure how long, but apparently Ivan does clamp down on orders more than others)
Hope that helps!
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline tribade

« Reply #516 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 00:13:00 »

Well, the orders close at June 1. You will be a given a grace period after that for payment. (not sure how long, but apparently Ivan does clamp down on orders more than others)
Hope that helps!

July 1st!  Just so there isn't any confusion.  Hope you manage to get an order in FrostyToast.
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline Razor Lotus

« Reply #517 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 02:08:59 »
nice this thread has overtaken the tai hao thread, not that it is any sort of competition anyway

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #518 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 02:09:47 »
nice this thread has overtaken the tai hao thread, not that it is any sort of competition anyway

Having the two Dolch variants at the same time is confusing and too tempting.

Throw PMK DSA Dolch into the mix, and I give up :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #519 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 02:11:15 »

That's why I get all three of them :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #520 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 02:19:13 »

That's why I get all three of them :p

Wish I could afford all three - Tai Hao is about my limit at the moment :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #521 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 08:30:54 »

Rowdy, this would be a ONCE in a lifetime GMK Group Buy with DOLCH.  I don't see this happening again for some time to come.

Maybe you need to set your priorities straight once and for all  8) .

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #522 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 08:32:47 »

Rowdy, this would be a ONCE in a lifetime GMK Group Buy with DOLCH.  I don't see this happening again for some time to come.

God I hope so, we finally get the MOQ low enough to produce some awesome sets and all anyone ever talks about it Dolch. Hopefully everyone gets it out of their system with this GB and we can move onto something more interesting.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Battou62

« Reply #523 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 08:57:13 »

This is why I am surprised to see veteran members in other threads talking about not joining this GB simply because they don't like 100% of the fonts : /

Shamefur...

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #524 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 09:33:10 »

This is why I am surprised to see veteran members in other threads talking about not joining this GB simply because they don't like 100% of the fonts : /

Shamefur...

To be honest I am only ordering this set to support Ivan and all of his efforts. I actually strongly prefer ANSI text legends on the mods. There are many small details that will probably drive me crazy (blank win keys, no symbols on the tenkeys)

I see myself only using the alphas and combing them with other Mod sets...

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #525 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 09:53:53 »

Shamefur...

meh there's lots of stuff that has me personally on the fence still whether to order this or find an originative set from someone instead.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #526 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 09:58:54 »
Everything is done for a reason. Non text mods because of better ISO compatibility as the 1.25 shift with text looks nuts to me and text and no text versions have different vertical legend alignment so mixing is a poor option. There are only numbers on the tenkey because of some standalone numpads and boards like CM TK or Plum96 that have some non standard edit key layout or other... and besides it looks nice and clean and more uniform with the alpha block. Blank Windows keys because I was sick of the arguments about which logo style and complaints from OSX and nix users.
The only other 'good' solution is to do things in modular kits... but it seemed to be too confusing for a lot of people when I tried it that way before, and more than likely we end up with one or the other choice not making the MOQ anyway.

As for the deadline, I am hoping that 1 July we have reached the MOQ on the base set as well... hopefully more of other kit options too. Assuming that is the case I will start invoice on 2 July and have payment deadline of 15 July.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #527 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 10:12:33 »

If you end up willing to sell the mods please contact me, now or after the GB ...  :)

Offline Battou62

« Reply #528 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 10:16:27 »
Ivan can we get an order count update?

Offline shawn o

« Reply #529 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 10:17:15 »
I didn't realize the mods had no text until now. I resubmitted my order for just the color pack and spacebars and no base set. Will keep using my original Dolch set with SP moogle kit I guess. :-(

Offline Halvar

« Reply #530 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 10:26:25 »
I didn't realize the mods had no text until now. I resubmitted my order for just the color pack and spacebars and no base set. Will keep using my original Dolch set with SP moogle kit I guess. :-(
So you prefer an SP moogle kit, that has a different font, a different surface structure, probably a different color, and a different keycap profile / height, to fitting GMK mods when they don't spell out "Shift" or "Return" for you? LOL.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 June 2014, 10:28:08 by Halvar »

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #531 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 10:29:20 »
You all better get used to it... as I am not likely to change that aspect. Get used to it or never have any GMK buys. Choice is yours I suppose.

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #532 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 10:50:19 »
You all better get used to it... as I am not likely to change that aspect. Get used to it or never have any GMK buys. Choice is yours I suppose.

Yeah…

Let's see what happens in the next few months. I choose to wait.

Offline Battou62

« Reply #533 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 11:05:08 »
I actually prefer the legends on this GB. God forbid we do something slightly different rather than same ole' same ole' cherry circlejerking :)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #534 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 11:05:45 »
Everything is done for a reason. Non text mods because of better ISO compatibility as the 1.25 shift with text looks nuts to me and text and no text versions have different vertical legend alignment so mixing is a poor option. There are only numbers on the tenkey because of some standalone numpads and boards like CM TK or Plum96 that have some non standard edit key layout or other... and besides it looks nice and clean and more uniform with the alpha block. Blank Windows keys because I was sick of the arguments about which logo style and complaints from OSX and nix users.

Don't get me wrong. I totally see the reasoning behind your decisions. They are perfectly logical and you have explained them many times over the course of the last GMK interest checks & GBs. But that doesn't make me like the legends more. It's a matter of personal preference - maybe the non text mods will grow on me :)

Well, let's see what CTRL ALT brings to the table ;)

If you end up willing to sell the mods please contact me, now or after the GB ...  :)

I'll keep you in mind, but I doubt I'll let the mods go. I am too much of a collector to do so. I have many sets that I have only used for a couple of days and then replaced them.

But I never sold one - I like to have backup options :p
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 June 2014, 11:07:47 by LechnerDE »

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #535 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 11:33:01 »
If base kit still doesn't meet 250 MOQ by the end of the month, I'll see if I can buy out the remaining sets on top of my current bulk order. Hopefully we're still not 25 away.

May we please have an updated order count? :) Thanks.

Offline D01

« Reply #536 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 11:36:10 »
I actually prefer the legends on this GB.....

Me too.

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:21:43 »
Ivan please update my order help me

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #538 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:22:48 »
The Originative Dolch Numberpad has the icons + numbers (and the regular zero.) Got one quite a while ago, so the only slightly irritating thing left for me is the inconsistency of the green and regular enter keys -- looks like the green enter was designed w/ the original Dolch set in mind, using it w/ this set will rub my aesthetics sense the wrong way. ;) Wish we had both variants in the color set...
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #539 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:25:53 »

If you submit a new order, it will override your current order.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #540 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:32:12 »
Having 'Enter' text on one key is no big deal... it's how the French do it!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #541 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:34:26 »
Having 'Enter' text on one key is no big deal... it's how the French do it!
Show Image

On an un-related note, we need some GB's to offer those arrows!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #542 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:35:49 »

If you submit a new order, it will override your current order.
Oh automatic? Not need ivan?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #543 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:36:20 »
Maybe later sometime we can do fat arrow.

Nope you don't need me to order change. If you save the link after submit you can go edit it (usually) or if not just resubmit it.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #544 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 19:55:47 »
Maybe later sometime we can do fat arrow.

Definitely we need more MEAT on the Arrows because currently they look so Gemma Ward-like  ::) .

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #545 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 20:26:07 »
I'll probably do some fatty cursors in the next mini packs buy probably in August/September. I actually did think about putting them in the color pack this time but went with the even more obscure triangles.

Offline RaVNzCRoFT

• * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #546 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:20:40 »
Do F and J not have little nubs in the base set?  I see that numpad 5 has a dot, also that F and J have nubs in the color pack.
<<< Click to view

Offline D01

« Reply #547 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:28:04 »
F and J in the base set have scoops.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #548 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:47:51 »
Correct, the F J in base have the traditional Cherry deepdish style for home keys.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:51:36 by IvanIvanovich »

Offline "Edgar Allen Pho is Dead."

• formerly known as anoose
  • Member Since '11
« Reply #549 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 21:57:16 »
I guess you can never have enough Dolch set, I will try my best to order one before July 1st.