Author Topic: 2014 FIFA World Cup  (Read 43376 times)

Offline BlueBär

Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 07:27:48 »
It will be a draw since it is already fixed. If not Germany 4-0

I don't think so, not after Italy's game. At least I hope not :-X

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 07:36:09 »
This world cup was full of surprises and 90% of my predictions have been absolutely off. The USA will put up a good fight like they did in their first two matches. But individually they are the weaker team. Some of their players are really slow, which could be a real handicap against Germany's playstyle. And the match against Ghana has shown that they had some serious fitness issues in the last 25 minutes. But they have a good spirit and several players with german background who will be extra motivated.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #202 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 08:20:45 »
It will be a draw since it is already fixed. If not Germany 4-0

I don't think so, not after Italy's game. At least I hope not :-X

really hoping for a tie over here...that's all we need to move on

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 08:22:57 »

That's not the spirit >:D

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #204 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 08:29:19 »

That's not the spirit >:D

LOL

I'm rooting for the red, white and blue to win but I was just sayin..

also, I just realized I need to find a livestream or something for me to watch it here at work...otherwise I'll have to watch..ESPN's gamecast *shutter*

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #205 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 08:30:09 »
This world cup was full of surprises and 90% of my predictions have been absolutely off. The USA will put up a good fight like they did in their first two matches. But individually they are the weaker team. Some of their players are really slow, which could be a real handicap against Germany's playstyle. And the match against Ghana has shown that they had some serious fitness issues in the last 25 minutes. But they have a good spirit and several players with german background who will be extra motivated.

Really like the idea of Germany 4 US 0.

And for fitness issues, do you think the climate is a reason? Germans are not used to playing in a tropical locale like Fortaleza (which is much more similar to Ghana in terms of heat and humidity). But Germany and US would be about equal in any Brazilian city.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 08:44:25 »

Talent wise, the US is the weaker team against every team in the group.  But they have been putting up good fights against these other teams, and I expect them to do the same.  I think the German defense has some weak spots that the US team could exploit.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 08:58:45 »
Also, European teams, with the exception of France, have been underperforming at this World Cup.  The western hemisphere is having a field day with this cup.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #208 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 09:21:20 »
hope US could be winner of the G group so they could have chance to meet Russia :v nothing, it just me like to see that
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #209 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 09:29:43 »

Really like the idea of Germany 4 US 0.

And for fitness issues, do you think the climate is a reason? Germans are not used to playing in a tropical locale like Fortaleza (which is much more similar to Ghana in terms of heat and humidity). But Germany and US would be about equal in any Brazilian city.

I don't think a player's origin is the answer to that question. Just take a look at Ecuador's performance. I'd rather suspect the USA's deficites in the fitness department in more individual reasons like age and the fact that the US Team has several players who play in leagues that don't compete on the highest international level. But we will see. Germany's offensive game will be harder to control because of Schweinsteiger who will be playing for Khedira, but also more vulnerable in the defense. I still wouldn't underestimate the US team. They played a very good tournament so far. 

Offline iri

« Reply #210 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 09:32:45 »
hope US could be winner of the G group so they could have chance to meet Russia :v nothing, it just me like to see that
they don't have a chance to meet russia. russia won't make it out of the group.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 09:38:14 »
Suarez suspended for 9 matches and/or 4 months. Time for therapy to work out his issues.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #212 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 09:46:16 »
Suarez suspended for 9 matches and/or 4 months. Time for therapy to work out his issues.

Or a brain transplant.  A 27-year-old man biting people.   He just needs some women with the same fetish, and get his kicks that way.

Offline iri

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 09:52:45 »

Or a brain transplant.  A 27-year-old man biting people.   He just needs some women with the same fetish, and get his kicks that way.
or those lego toys which are especially designed to be bitten by toddlers. they are considerably easier to get than a woman with biting fetish.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 10:02:31 »
or those lego toys which are especially designed to be bitten by toddlers. they are considerably easier to get than a woman with biting fetish.

Words of wisdom right there lmao :))

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 11:05:19 »
Google home page have a funny doodle about the DE-US match for those who don't know :))
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline mauri

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 11:08:04 »
Google home page have a funny doodle about the DE-US match for those who don't know :))

There seems to be one for every day there are games.
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #217 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 11:21:53 »

There seems to be one for every day there are games.

yeah but the one of today is so funny, seems like GG made their bet on a boring match and looks like they were wrong
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 11:57:48 »
Still tied 0 to 0 right?
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 12:12:30 »

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 12:16:38 »
Dat German blitzkrieg

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 12:54:09 »
USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 12:56:58 »
Bummer

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:00:30 »
Bummer

dont worry, the US still goes on to the Round of 16

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:01:50 »
Still tied 0 to 0 right?

yep

**** nope
lol, said the same thing. oh well, we still made it! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #226 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:04:23 »
Still tied 0 to 0 right?

yep

**** nope
lol, said the same thing. oh well, we still made it! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

yeah we still moved on so doesn't matter WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #227 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:10:18 »
yeah we still moved on so doesn't matter WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH
Those are french colors  :))
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #228 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:14:50 »
Worst match the USA played so far, but still earned their place in the next round.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #229 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:15:56 »
Wasn't a pretty way to advance, but I'll take it.  Thank you Portugal.

Now we just need Belgium to blow it against South Korea, and Algeria to get a dominating victory, and then the USA can play Algeria in the next round.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:18:23 »
Bummer

dont worry, the US still goes on to the Round of 16

That's the bummer  ;)

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:24:13 »
I told you guys not to worry about USA.  All they needed to do was Win-Draw-Lose their 3 games, and they were going to move on to play in the elimination round. 

Anyway, I'm happy USA is moving on, but I'm even happier that 'ol Cris Ronaldo is going home.  Maybe, on his way to the airport he threw some spare change at a favela, or maybe he paid for some beggar boy's medical bills before leaving Brasil, but I doubt it.  He's already aboard his private Gulfstream G650 cruising at 900km/hr, heading back to Spain.

@ Candyflip, I have to apologize for not understanding what you were saying about Ronaldo.  I didn't understand your subtle European style.  But upon reflection, I realized what you were saying to me, when you said you "know people who know Ronaldo".  I realized that you are one of the people making money from Ronaldo, and I said some negative things about your sacred cash cow.  Sorry about that.  I don't begrudge you making money off Ronaldo through an endorsement deal, and I wish you the best.  In fact, I think you guys are doing a great job making Ronaldo look like a decent human being through very effective PR campaigning.  Also, I figured out that your work for Herbalife in Skopje Macedonia. https://mk-mk.facebook.com/pages/Herbalife-Macedonia/164982603515431   :thumb:   

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/18/5521402/secret-pyramid-files-what-does-the-ftc-want-from-herbalife
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline Mooby

• Funployee
« Reply #232 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:24:26 »
Wasn't a pretty way to advance, but I'll take it.  Thank you Portugal.

Now we just need Belgium to blow it against South Korea, and Algeria to get a dominating victory, and then the USA can play Algeria in the next round.

Belgium's group played pretty weak. Doesn't make a huge difference against who to play. And Algeria is not really Algerian. It's more like France's second squad.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 13:51:12 »
Glad the US advanced.  Germany's a great team, and US still managed to keep it close.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline iri

« Reply #234 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 14:30:11 »
****, missed that one. but what's there now is hilarious, too.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 16:19:22 »
I told you guys not to worry about USA.  All they needed to do was Win-Draw-Lose their 3 games, and they were going to move on to play in the elimination round. 

Anyway, I'm happy USA is moving on, but I'm even happier that 'ol Cris Ronaldo is going home.  Maybe, on his way to the airport he threw some spare change at a favela, or maybe he paid for some beggar boy's medical bills before leaving Brasil, but I doubt it.  He's already aboard his private Gulfstream G650 cruising at 900km/hr, heading back to Spain.

Show Image

@ Candyflip, I have to apologize for not understanding what you were saying about Ronaldo.  I didn't understand your subtle European style.  But upon reflection, I realized what you were saying to me, when you said you "know people who know Ronaldo".  I realized that you are one of the people making money from Ronaldo, and I said some negative things about your sacred cash cow.  Sorry about that.  I don't begrudge you making money off Ronaldo through an endorsement deal, and I wish you the best.  In fact, I think you guys are doing a great job making Ronaldo look like a decent human being through very effective PR campaigning.  Also, I figured out that your work for Herbalife in Skopje Macedonia. https://mk-mk.facebook.com/pages/Herbalife-Macedonia/164982603515431   :thumb:   

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/18/5521402/secret-pyramid-files-what-does-the-ftc-want-from-herbalife

I make money from Ronaldo? I am a dirt poor student dude, I wish I made money off of anyone :D
Also my work for herba what!?

On topic grats on USA advancing well deserved!
How big is football there I thought it was non existent besides Henry and Beckham I don't know a single player from your league.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #236 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 18:06:46 »
I think USA vs. Germany was a nice game, but Germany had the upper hand during most of the match. They could have made at least one more goal but I well, I'm happy with the result.

I just watched the second half of Algeria vs. Russia. Dirty match, fouls everywhere, did they ever hear about fair play? And trying to distract the goalkeeper with a laserpointer? What a ***** move, seriously...

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #237 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 18:10:35 »
Lasers are common, watch La Liga and wait for a free kick the guy who will take it will have his face covered with laser 90% of the time.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #238 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 18:14:03 »
Lasers are common, watch La Liga and wait for a free kick the guy who will take it will have his face covered with laser 90% of the time.

But come on, this is the world cup, this really shouldn't happen.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #239 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 18:17:22 »
I totally agree, hopefully won't get to see too much of that

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #240 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 19:06:04 »

Offline iri

« Reply #241 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 05:47:29 »
here you can see pathetic russian football asking glorious russian hockey to grab a medal:

-Ray Bradbury

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 08:23:02 »
While it would have been nicer for the USA to play Algeria, I still like our chances against Belgium.  The Belgians have loads of talent, but have been squeaking by these teams based on the skill of individual players rather than solid team play.  Some of the players did not even want other players on the team, and the coach has been messing with the lineups every game, which cannot inspire confidence.

Meanwhile, the US played three tough teams and I think they will be ready for what the Belgians throws at them.

Offline mauri

« Reply #243 on: Sat, 28 June 2014, 15:41:06 »
shieeeeeeeeeeet .. james rodriguez ..

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #244 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 12:54:06 »
That was about to be embarrassing for Holland.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #245 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 13:03:21 »
Mexico was robbed.  They should've gone to the overtime.  That Penalty Kick in the last minute was bullcrap.  I wish demik was still here to share my outrage.  Our Mexican brothers were the victims of a FIFA conspiracy.  I am sure of it.  He is too, wherever he is right now.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #246 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 13:07:48 »

How so?

And I just saw the replay for the faul that gave them the penalty... That...
I have no words.

Offline mauri

« Reply #247 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 13:10:27 »

How so?

I have no words.

It was a foul and the dutch were robbed of 1 clear penalty earlier. Wouldn't say holland deserved the win but football is about results.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #248 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 13:13:20 »
Mexico was robbed.  They should've gone to the overtime.  That Penalty Kick in the last minute was bullcrap.  I wish demik was still here to share my outrage.  Our Mexican brothers were the victims of a FIFA conspiracy.  I am sure of it.  He is too, whereverthe  he is right now.

The penalty was an awful call.  Total dive.  Robben went down before there was even contact.  But he sold it well.

I don't think it was a conspiracy, But the referee made a make-up call for at least a couple non calls on fouls that maybe should have been penalties in the first half.

In my view, Robben was diving so much in the game, he should have received a yellow card.  Then that final dive never would have occurred.

I just hate a game to end like that.
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 June 2014, 13:32:40 by prdlm2009 »

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 13:19:40 »

How so?

I have no words.

It was a foul and the dutch were robbed of 1 clear penalty earlier. Wouldn't say holland deserved the win but football is about results.

So because there was no call earlier, they deserved that penalty? Yes it's about results but...
It's a shame.