Author Topic: Riots in Saint Louis!  (Read 27503 times)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
Re: Riots in Saint Louis!
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 12:44:01 »
So anyone seen the photos from the store surveillance system that appears to show the guy who got shot robbing a place right before?

I haven't seen any photos, but I did hear that the police made a statement (took no questions) stating that the guy who was shot and killed was a suspect in a brute force robbery.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline osi

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 13:04:35 »
Murder for a pack of cigarillos seems fair in my book. That'll teach em

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 14:05:46 »

If it is Brown in the video, then at least people can't claim the officer had no right to stop him -- and his defenders can't make him out as an altar boy, on his way to a bible study meeting, when he was ruthlessly gunned down by a maniac cop. Even if it is Brown, though, he didn't deserve to die for stealing a box of cigars -- he deserved to be thrown in jail.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 August 2014, 14:11:44 by Krogenar »
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline D01

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 14:53:43 »
LAPD just murdered (execution style) a black dude about 2 blocks from my house also.

Dude was on the ground when the officer shot him.

Police State USA. Black man season and the pigs all have their hunting license.

Good thing you all got guns (Americans) so you can rise up if your government tries to stop your FREEDOM... oh wait no, that's not why you have guns is it... my bad...

Your correct.  We get to have guns because the right of self protection is exactly that, a right not a privilege, and here your given that right at birth.  That's one reason anyway.

Offline iri

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 15:50:17 »
i'd definitely kill for a pack of romeo&julieta puritos
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 15:52:00 »

i'd kill

if someone were attacking me with a lethal weapon
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline osi

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 15 August 2014, 16:04:49 »

The motherland runs strong through you. I like it

Victim here had a box of swishers :/

Supposedly the trigger cop did not know at the time of the incident that the soon too be victim was a robbery suspect. From the chief

...story developing....

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 08:53:42 »
So anyone seen the photos from the store surveillance system that appears to show the guy who got shot robbing a place right before?

So (assuming this is all you've read) he should be killed because he robbed a store?

Some super revealing replies in this thread. Super revealing.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 09:05:09 »

So (assuming this is all you've read) he should be killed because he robbed a store?

First don't put words in my mouth.

Second the only point I was making at the moment I posted was new info was released.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 09:14:58 »

First don't put words in my mouth.

Second the only point I was making at the moment I posted was new info was released.

I didn't put words into your mouth I was replying to your post... Sorry if you where using sarcasm tags I clearly missed them.

I felt it was interesting and laughable that the police instead of offering apologies for the insane over-reaction and abundance of aggressive illegal activity during the protests, they tried to tarnish and label the guy that sparked it off as a criminal.

The policeman that actually killed him (I'm told) addmited that he didn't know that Brown had robbed a shop before he killed him, which makes the robbery totaly meaningless. It would be like saying that that morning Brown was rude to his mum...

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 09:17:17 »
Yes at the time I posted the additional info that the cops didn't even know about the robbery had not been revealed.

It seems the Ferguson police also have an awful history reading some other sources.
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 August 2014, 09:19:03 by SpAmRaY »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 09:23:54 »
Sorry I didn't know you where posting raw live news as it was going on. I assumed (because this is a forum and it's pretty big news, least in the US) that you where imposing (maybe that's not the right word? I'm not sure) your own opinion into your post, hence my follow up question.

I can bearly escape out-rage and opinions on twitter, Facebook and news outlets about it. Yet on a mostly American forum, a forum where talking about owning guns and knifes is wildly talked and boasted about, when such a clear breach of your fundamental American rights are not only breached but destroyed by a militant police force, no one seems to care.
When this was, or seemed to be kicking off there was more traffic in the 'post your door' thread. Which as an outsider is super interesting.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 09:35:25 »
I would say most are unaware of many of the the things going on out of their regional area and the phrase out of site, out of mind applies.

Most are apathetic to things unless something specifically happens to them personally.

We don't even watch the news on TV in our home because its so negative and there is so much spin anymore.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 09:42:28 »
I would say most are unaware of many of the the things going on out of their regional area and the phrase out of site, out of mind applies.

Most are apathetic to things unless something specifically happens to them personally.

We don't even watch the news on TV in our home because its so negative and there is so much spin anymore.

I live in the UK and literally watch zero TV (I don't have an arial) and I managed to follow it pretty easily, mostly without even doing anything lol... But that's just me I guess. But it's all good, learning about your distant cousins is always a learning experience!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 09:56:37 »
It's worth noting as well that America is a large country. For everything reported at a national or international scale, there are a ton of similarly heinous events that happen regionally. I sincerely care about what happened in St. Louis, but there's not exactly nothing going on in NY to steal my attention.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 09:58:37 »
It's worth noting as well that America is a large country. For everything reported at a national or international scale, there are a ton of similarly heinous events that happen regionally. I sincerely care about what happened in St. Louis, but there's not exactly nothing going on in NY to steal my attention.

Fair enough, there's not much happening else where (in the world) to be fair. It's the only reason I've posted so much about it....

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 09:59:44 »
so citizens are protecting stores n **** from looters while police use teargas on everyone

who's protecting and serving now
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 10:18:08 »
Well it's obvious ferguson pd released the video to discredit Brown and to justify the shooting. Chief keeps saying he had to release it because he kept getting asked.. yet he kept saying no when asked to release the name of the officer that shot the kid.

Brown wasnt a suspect until after he was dead. PD is already getting their defense ready.

Oh, LAPD also recently killed a hispanic dude near me. Beat him to death. Beat him so bad one of the pigs broke his own hand.

Ferguson also beat a dude prior to Brown shooting and charged him with destruction of property because he bled on their uniform.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 10:22:24 »

Oh, LAPD also recently killed a hispanic dude near me. Beat him to death. Beat him so bad one of the pigs broke his own hand.
yeah i heard about that
a clean, happy family man with a big family and no dodgy records whatsoever tried walking around cops that approached him on the street asking for his license n **** on the spot
he didn't even get around them before he was on the ground
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 10:54:00 »

Ferguson also beat a dude prior to Brown shooting and charged him with destruction of property because he bled on their uniform.

I was reading about that yesterday just messed up.

That guy just happened to have the same name as someone with an outstanding warrant, pulled off the interstate to let the rain stop and ended up thrown in jail then beaten by ~4 or 5 officers for no reason, they had rush him to hospital he had a concussive.

The officer who filed the report about the blood on the uniform admitted there was none under deposition.

Offline iri

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 13:18:34 »
so citizens are protecting stores n **** from looters
same **** in LA in 1992
same **** in NO in 2005
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 14:28:57 »
http://rt.com/usa/180780-ferguson-protests-looting-stores/

>The same store Brown was accused of robbing was looted by protesters later Friday, together with several other shops. However, Jackson said that no arrests were made.

>Store owners reportedly started arming up as police did not interfere while their businesses were being looted.

LA Riots all over again.

Offline sleepy916

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 16 August 2014, 15:08:42 »
http://rt.com/usa/180780-ferguson-protests-looting-stores/

>The same store Brown was accused of robbing was looted by protesters later Friday, together with several other shops. However, Jackson said that no arrests were made.

>Store owners reportedly started arming up as police did not interfere while their businesses were being looted.

LA Riots all over again.

It seems if the police actually tried to stop it, the commentary would be the police are using too much force on these looters.

But since they decided not to interfere then the police aren't serving and protecting anymore. I really do hope the truth comes out after the investigation. It's sad that a life was lost when maybe it didn't have to be.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 13:54:22 »
So now the feds are demanding a second autopsy by a federal examiner.

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 14:24:01 »
The police need to do some more shooting in that area.  Every one of them shouting "kill the police" should have been locked up already.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 22:41:19 »
Just saw a tweet where a police pointed a gun at a lifestream reporter and asking him to GTFO before he shoot him!

WTF? My image of America as a land that people all over the world want to move into, is forever tarnished by this!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 22:48:45 »
The police need to do some more shooting in that area.  Every one of them shouting "kill the police" should have been locked up already.

It's sad how much of an idiot you can be.

Just saw a tweet where a police pointed a gun at a lifestream reporter and asking him to GTFO before he shoot him!

WTF? My image of America as a land that people all over the world want to move into, is forever tarnished by this!

You can thank the militarization of police and police unions.

Cops get war grade guns/vehicles and think they're soldiers. They step over the line, but are protected by police unions.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 22:52:40 »
baldgye is right though - I also thought that there would be a huge outrage and mega discussion in this thread but it seems pretty quiet. This can't be your run-of-the-mill riot in the USA! Twitter is definitely ablaze!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 17 August 2014, 23:46:56 »

Cops get war grade guns/vehicles and think they're soldiers. They step over the line, but are protected by police unions.

Yep.

That said, don't be afraid of the entire country because of this.  In my experience, there are pockets that are bad, like this, and some places are perfectly fine.  Remember that the USA is a huge country and what might be a problem in one portion can be quite far away geographically.  That doesn't make it any less of a problem, but it does mean that it's not an immediate threat to you.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 00:19:36 »
What you also have to think is of the situation the police are in right now. Disregard the fact a kid was killed, disregard the race issues for now.

They are under massive pressure. The whole world is watching. For some reason, the US Government has thought it would be a great idea to give police departments surplus military gear such as MTP helmets, rifles, APCs etc. Police don't need this ****. Police don't WANT this ****. Who is going to need a camo helmet/pants in the middle of a city? They are probably all pulling double if not triple shifts to provide the amount of manpower the Governor wants on the streets right now. Anything and everything they do is being scrutinized by the international media, and by their own command structure.

They are also fearing for their lives. Yes, an unarmed kid was killed. But riots are a whole nother kettle of fish. They are unpredictable, and absolutely anything can happen. You can get singled out and dragged away, you can get set on ****ing fire, and some people in St. Louis have actually said they want to go out and kill police officers. You are up against an unknown number of people who can come at you from an infinite amount of directions, with unknown weapons, dressed in anything. Someone has a camera? So what? They could also have a gun. You aren't going to shoot them, but you want them as far away as possible so they don't pose a threat and they don't get in your way. The only people you can trust in those kinds of situations are your buddies next to you, and I would tell everybody to back the **** off who wasn't a police officer if I was in that situation.

If that was you, would you not be on edge?
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 01:06:06 »
Couple of my friends got tear gassed today.. crazy sh*t going on over in Ferguson.. I went to high school there!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 01:16:28 »
For the most part calling the situation in Ferguson a riot is WAY OFF.  Things are generally very peaceful, people literally holding hands, singing, and marching around together.  There have been a handful of shops looted, everyone arrested for looting has been from outside of Ferguson (a relatively middle class suburb just outside of Saint Louis city itself).

THIS is what it looks like until it starts to get dark and people from out of town start stirring **** up again.. (minus the soundtrack, lol).  One of my friends is the woman walking down the street making peace signs with her hands at 1:11.

Tons of information is available about what has been happening.. Tim Pool has been live streaming a lot of information for vice news, and there is always the #Ferguson tag on twitter.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 August 2014, 14:17:49 by cmadrid »

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 01:26:28 »

Yep.

That said, don't be afraid of the entire country because of this.  In my experience, there are pockets that are bad, like this, and some places are perfectly fine.  Remember that the USA is a huge country and what might be a problem in one portion can be quite far away geographically.  That doesn't make it any less of a problem, but it does mean that it's not an immediate threat to you.

Our entire 'justice' system has been twisted around.. cops are being trained to view the public as possible enemies and the government as the thing that needs to be protected.  Even the supreme court has ruled that police officers have no obligation to protect citizens.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 01:44:24 »
My wife and I ended up moving out of the city of St Louis proper a couple years ago.. I took our son out to lunch and to play.  The house was broken in to some time between 11:30am and 2pm.  I called the police.  They made sure nobody was in the house and said "well you should probably get some bars.. the crime scene unit won't come out for just a burglary so you don't have to wait to clean up, good luck!".  The neighbors not only refused to say anything to the police, they became angry at us for calling them at all.  Even the neighbors we had talked to on a fairly regular basis wanted nothing to do with us.

The house got burglarized twice more while we were working on finding a new house to buy.  Our son still worries about more bad guys coming into the house (and we don't even live in the same house now)! 

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 02:10:33 »

My wife and I ended up moving out of the city of St Louis proper a couple years ago.. I took our son out to lunch and to play.  The house was broken in to some time between 11:30am and 2pm.  I called the police.  They made sure nobody was in the house and said "well you should probably get some bars.. the crime scene unit won't come out for just a burglary so you don't have to wait to clean up, good luck!".  The neighbors not only refused to say anything to the police, they became angry at us for calling them at all.  Even the neighbors we had talked to on a fairly regular basis wanted nothing to do with us.

The house got burglarized twice more while we were working on finding a new house to buy.  Our son still worries about more bad guys coming into the house (and we don't even live in the same house now)!

Sounds like a typical housing estate in Malaysia. We had to set up our own resident association and hire our own 'guards', which are not really professional or qualified guards. The police over here are too thin to be able to enforce anything and so burglary and snatch thief are pretty common. That's one thing I would hardly expect to hear from USA and it's fame police force. I guess those are just Hollywood movies huh?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 02:57:17 »

Wow... I guess "To protect and serve", the old LAPD motto which has become synonymous with American police to us "overseas" people doesn't really mean what I thought it did. Police state, anyone?

In one way you could say it's the natural end result of the slow progress that's been going on there for a long time now (from an outside perspective). From trivial lawsuits and warning labels to this.

That's one thing I'm really proud of the Finnish government for, they expect people to have some common sense and to use it. And the people do. If you don't and you get hurt and try to sue someone for it, you don't get rich, just respectfully told it's your own fault and to think before you act next time. It's amazing how having a little trust in people and treating them with respect and as though they are intelligent inspires even the not-so-intelligent or respectable to actually try to be. I don't make the mistake of thinking the same policies and methods will work in other countries of different size and different culture, but I like to think it could if someone would figure out some way to implement a culture-specific version of it for their own country.

Of course, encouraging the citizenry to think for themselves and exercise judgement makes for a difficult citizenry to "control", though. But it does make us feel like we're in this together, making the country work. It develops a good kind of patriotism.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 03:41:47 »
NATIONAL GUARD TIME!

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #88 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 04:25:56 »
just like
blow up the earth and put everyone out of their misery, everything here is grandiose ****ed
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 06:28:08 »

Sounds like a typical housing estate in Malaysia. We had to set up our own resident association and hire our own 'guards', which are not really professional or qualified guards. The police over here are too thin to be able to enforce anything and so burglary and snatch thief are pretty common. That's one thing I would hardly expect to hear from USA and it's fame police force. I guess those are just Hollywood movies huh?

Well, no. The USA doesn't have a 'police force' -- local communities and states maintain police departments. There are communities in which the people don't want to cooperate with police, which means it doesn't really matter how many police officers you put in the field, or their level of training -- if the people in that community have a culture that does not endorse moral behavior, there's nothing that can be done besides leave the community.

They call it 'white flight' -- and it's considered racist. Really, the honorable thing to do would be to remain is a crappy neighborhood for the sake of racial harmony. Oh, and when the reverse happens (white people moving into a crappy neighborhood, and it begins to see a rise in property values) they call it 'gentrification' -- which is also racist.

There are plenty of communities in which cmadrid's family would have received proper support from their neighbors -- cooperation with the police.

What really is shocking to me is the fact that on at least one night the police simply watched someone's business and property get looted. Imagine if it was something you owned (your car, your home) and police just watched, because stopping the looters would look bad politically.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 August 2014, 07:18:36 by Krogenar »
More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 07:19:36 »
There are so many conflicting 'eye-witness' stories about what really happened. I find it hard to believe the truth will come out either way in this case now.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 07:24:30 »
Our governor has called in the national guard now..

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28832462

Offline osi

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 07:29:52 »
Let's see the cop's dash cam

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 18 August 2014, 07:47:50 »
What you also have to think is of the situation the police are in right now. Disregard the fact a kid was killed, disregard the race issues for now.

They are under massive pressure. The whole world is watching. For some reason, the US Government has thought it would be a great idea to give police departments surplus military gear such as MTP helmets, rifles, APCs etc. Police don't need this ****. Police don't WANT this ****. Who is going to need a camo helmet/pants in the middle of a city? They are probably all pulling double if not triple shifts to provide the amount of manpower the Governor wants on the streets right now. Anything and everything they do is being scrutinized by the international media, and by their own command structure.

They are also fearing for their lives. Yes, an unarmed kid was killed. But riots are a whole nother kettle of fish. They are unpredictable, and absolutely anything can happen. You can get singled out and dragged away, you can get set on ****ing fire, and some people in St. Louis have actually said they want to go out and kill police officers. You are up against an unknown number of people who can come at you from an infinite amount of directions, with unknown weapons, dressed in anything. Someone has a camera? So what? They could also have a gun. You aren't going to shoot them, but you want them as far away as possible so they don't pose a threat and they don't get in your way. The only people you can trust in those kinds of situations are your buddies next to you, and I would tell everybody to back the **** off who wasn't a police officer if I was in that situation.

If that was you, would you not be on edge?

Most of these dudes have a hard on for playing soldier. They dont see themselves as public servants. Their mentality is us vs. them. The "few bad apples" are really starting to over take the so-called good cops.

Wow... I guess "To protect and serve", the old LAPD motto which has become synonymous with American police to us "overseas" people doesn't really mean what I thought it did. Police state, anyone?

Thats the thing, cops arent here for us anymore. They are law enforcement officers. Not protectors of citizens. Couple of years ago, a guy was attacked on an NYC subway. Cops came and did nothing but hide behind a door, in plain sight of the attack. Once the victim had taken control of the situation did they step in. The man sued the city and nypd and the judge basically told him tough luck. Ruled it that cops have no obligation to protect citizens.

This is our police now.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 August 2014, 07:55:39 by demik »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 00:40:38 »
Let's see the cop's dash cam
Not required to have one where he was, could have cleared this whole thing up if they made that **** mandatory. Though knowing law enforcement, the camera probably "would have been off" or "not functional". The media's constant race baiting is only adding fuel to this fire
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 03:15:34 »
Some of the pictures coming out are quite amazing. Police escorting amnesty international at gunpoint is a highlight. Another being Fox News debating 'Race in America' and all the people discussing it are white.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 04:23:53 »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/18/hedy-epstein-arrested-ferguson-holocaust-_n_5689822.html

Hedy Epstein, 90-Year-Old Holocaust Survivor, Arrested During Michael Brown Protest

Offline iri

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 04:45:32 »
she must have had a deja vu.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 05:11:35 »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/18/hedy-epstein-arrested-ferguson-holocaust-_n_5689822.html

Show Image

Hedy Epstein, 90-Year-Old Holocaust Survivor, Arrested During Michael Brown Protest

At least in America she is free-

Offline iri

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 19 August 2014, 05:34:34 »
In America, you are free even when handcuffed in the back.

-Ray Bradbury