Author Topic: Orion V2  (Read 72291 times)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
Re: Orion V2
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 06:45:45 »
It could look baller as hell with a silver case, white backlight and purple leds behind the layer indicator holes.
Or just throw in some SIP sockets and experiment. :P

@Nai_calus: What do you consider the best layout?

I'm considering dark grey anodising with white indicator LEDs all round. Probably wouldn't do LEDs on the sides.

Really think I'm going to try and buy one of these, just might need to sell a few things :P
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Krytone

• * Maker
  • ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
    • Krap Shop
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:07:57 »
I too dont like the leds in the case and would much better be a branding of some sort IMO. But i think i would consider this still as i really like the Orion specs.
TGR Jane CE | TX-CP | ZZ96 | HHKB | Ducky Shine 3 | Atreus | Infinity Ergodox | IBM Model M | Smart Pad | Taobao Acrylic 96 | TGR910 SE | RGB96 | M4-A | Moon

Pending: Exent | EM7 | M-60 | Kira EXS | 910 Poly | Kn210 | Alice

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 13:54:34 »
Well it has Side LEDs, an acryllic layer with LEDs, in switch LEDs and now LEDs ON THE CASE? Enough is enough :P
it's never enough :))
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 14:26:03 »
Well it has Side LEDs, an acryllic layer with LEDs, in switch LEDs and now LEDs ON THE CASE? Enough is enough :P

Yes, but you can turn those off, I presume, and no one was complaining about that, just the holes on the casing. XD Which, I was expecting a lot worse given the common trends in bling.

@Nai_calus: What do you consider the best layout?

I'm apparently the only person in the world who feels that a full-size is the best and only reasonable daily use keyboard. I make frequent use of alt codes and number entry, use the nav cluster a lot, and while I don't use them constantly, I do use a couple of F keys frequently. 60% boards have their place as something portable, but TKLs slap a bunch of extra space on with keys I use less than the numpad, without the convenience of having a numpad. I've got wide shoulders so I don't feel uncomfortable using a mouse next to a fullsize. So really, worst of all possible worlds for me. Lacking keys I need, and not saving enough space for if I need to take it somewhere or use it as a gaming board.

I have a 60% with Gateron Clears I pull out when I play games with a lot of keyboard commands because it's less taxing than my MX Clears. It fits nicely on my desk with my Code pushed back. I have a few NumPad shortcuts that I don't have bound to my mouse as well in-game, so with that setup I can still use them. A TKL would be too big to do that with because of the F row.

Granted, I find all standard layouts to be pretty bad, and wish someone would make an ergonomic or at least ortholinear keyboard with a numberpad besides Maltron.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline elton5354

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 23:33:08 »
This group buy will be up soon™

As you can see, there will probably be three options for this set.  Most likely the cheapest one will be the flat acrylic bottom, then the acrylic block bottom, and then the full metal case.

I'll see if the sets can be broken up to buy separate bottoms as some of you mentioned.

No doubt this group buy will go as smooth as all my other group buys and I hope you all will enjoy it as much as I do during the process.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 28 February 2015, 23:44:43 »

As you can see, there will probably be three options for this set.  Most likely the cheapest one will be the flat acrylic bottom, then the acrylic block bottom, and then the full metal case.

I'll see if the sets can be broken up to buy separate bottoms as some of you mentioned.

No doubt this group buy will go as smooth as all my other group buys and I hope you all will enjoy it as much as I do during the process.
Ty for all your work Elton! Can't wait
Hi :)

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 01:54:59 »

Thanks for the update Elton!
Really excited about it.
BTW, I wonder if the V2 PCB would fit in the V1? I got my broken V1's PCB fixed by thechemist, but that would be great if I got a backup just in case.  :p

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 18:59:23 »
Does anybody know if this lower angled bottom part is aluminum? Is it included in the GB?

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 11:04:44 »
Does anybody know if this lower angled bottom part is aluminum? Is it included in the GB?

Show Image

I think the picture is the render of the aluminum bottom, which is a option in GB besides flat acrylic and full acrylic bottoms.

Seems V2 does support the alps switches, and those LEDs above the arrow keys look not as bad as I thought.
http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=2381083&mid=board_Lsno50

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 11:57:17 »
Does that mean there will be 2 different full aluminum bottoms? The one on the picture I have linked doesn't seem to support any acryllic side pieces nor the sandwiched pieces.

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 14:11:49 »
Does that mean there will be 2 different full aluminum bottoms? The one on the picture I have linked doesn't seem to support any acryllic side pieces nor the sandwiched pieces.
My bad, just did a gg translate with the OP's link, and seems your picture is the acrylic bottom, not the aluminum one.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 14:31:30 »
That's what it looks like. 3 choices in two materials: Flat bottom, angled bottom with flat acrylic insert, and solid bottom.
null

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 14:33:37 »
My bad, just did a gg translate with the OP's link, and seems your picture is the acrylic bottom, not the aluminum one.

Ah okay, I assumed this bottom would also be available in aluminum since he uploaded a picture of the render, once in solid color and once in translucent white. Too bad :(

That's what it looks like. 3 choices in two materials: Flat bottom, angled bottom with flat acrylic insert, and solid bottom.

Maybe it is aluminum then? I will just wait for the group buy and I will see  ;D
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2015, 14:36:34 by Fnzzy »

Offline elton5354

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 20:41:03 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 01:26:55 »
ALPS on Orion V2?!?

http://kbdlab.co.kr/index.php?document_srl=2381083&mid=board_Lsno50

Oh no now I'll have to order two kits, one for Alps and MX. Really though, that's awesome!

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 21:45:53 »
That clear acrylic bottom is sexy. Sometimes you can just flip the board over and stare at it.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 22:15:34 »
That clear acrylic bottom is sexy. Sometimes you can just flip the board over and stare at it.
Stare at it and burn your eyes out while you're at it lol
null

Offline tribade

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 22:43:42 »
What a beautiful board...

...I'm going to be spending more money soon I can feel it
KMAC mini w/ blacks | Realforce 87uw 55g w/ Digil0g case | KMAC w/ blacks | Duck Viper w/ clears

"Te occidere possunt sed te edere non possunt nefas est."

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 11:25:24 »
Stare at it and burn your eyes out while you're at it lol
worf

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 02:44:58 »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 03:33:36 »
Am I the only one that thinks the angle on that is insane? Actually kind of putting me off buying one.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 05:19:11 »
Am I the only one that thinks the angle on that is insane? Actually kind of putting me off buying one.

11° is actually great, but I still hope that the lower angled bottom will be available in aluminum.

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 15:20:16 »
I'm with you on that, I've tried multiple times typing with my keyboard raised and I really can't last five minutes without my wrists hurting.

With that being said, I will probably order the clear flat bottom and replace the feet with small clear bumpers [link].

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 16:28:27 »
Hmm... that acrylic insert doesn't look nearly as good as I thought it would (looks kind of bad actually...)  :'(

If I end up getting one of these, it'll either be a flat bottom or the solid angled bottom.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2015, 16:39:17 by Sygaldry »
null

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 22:19:12 »
Any word on the colors? Just the usual silver, blue-grey, black and red?

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 22:32:15 »
My thoughts on the Orion are that its a bit flashy for my liking and honestly I dont find the dots on the top to be all that thoughtful or interesting  :rolleyes:

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 23:46:08 »
I'd like to see a pic where it has the bottom wedge acrylic diffuser pieces as well, i'm curious if the LED will be strong enough to light both piece of acrylic.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline pasph

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 17:45:45 »
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 17:48:53 »
Looks like a really great custom in every way, shape or form!

Except those horrible LEDs on the top case  :mad:

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:15:31 »

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:38:23 »
Is it going to be anodized?  :-\
hi

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 18:40:11 »
Dat 11 degree angle! I wish they had dual angle options.

So some people can pick one around 7 degrees.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 21:57:22 »
So many LEDs these days.  Starting to look tacky, IMHO.

I install them on principle and keep them off for the same reason.
Dat 11 degree angle! I wish they had dual angle options.

So some people can pick one around 7 degrees.

It's quite usable while standing. I kept the feet up on my model F on my standing desk also :o
Is it going to be anodized?  :-\

Of course. Even raw aluminum develops an oxide coating in air.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 March 2015, 21:59:19 by dorkvader »

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 22:00:39 »
11 is way too steep for me. So much so I probably won't get another Duck. 6 degrees max,  preferably a bit less

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 02:25:18 »
Do we have an estimated time of when this will be available as a group buy? I need to plan out my savings LoL  :))
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 02:37:05 »
This is going the best keyboard ever i need it now.
hi

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 03:19:37 »
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 04:08:51 »
That's an interesting keyboard for sure. The only question is: Is my wallet ready for this? :D

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline elton5354

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:19:49 »
Group buy will start maybe end of next week or in 2 weeks.

What is confirmed is the optional ALPs PCB and Plate. You cannot replace MX PCB which is mandatory per set.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:22:20 »
Hey elton if you hear about a Viper ISO let us know, so I can start stacking up the wallet.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline elton5354

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 10:24:37 »

Hey elton if you hear about a Viper ISO let us know, so I can start stacking up the wallet.

That picture was Orion v2 ISO plate not the Viper.  I never heard anything about that

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 12:40:52 »

That picture was Orion v2 ISO plate not the Viper.  I never heard anything about that
Hey Elton, do you expect the price of the full metal case to stay the same from r1?  Thanks!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline elton5354

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 07:00:20 »

Hey Elton, do you expect the price of the full metal case to stay the same from r1?  Thanks!

I can't say for sure since I don't have the price yet, but I'd guess it's similar in price..

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 15:15:56 »
Wow... This board looks absolutely beautiful. I think with a grey-blue case it will be a perfect match for the GMK Triumph Adler replica if the buy goes through...

Looks like I'm going to need to sell some more stuff...

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 14:45:19 »
ORION V2 NOW! I WANT THIS TO BE MY LAST KEYBOARD EVER AFTER I MAKE THIS AND GET A REALFORCE+23ub.
hi

Offline sirisaac1982

• The Answer is 42...
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 15:03:31 »
Let's see how GH is going to make me poor. Let me count the ways:

1. TX 1800

2. Lightsaver V2 (round 3)

3. Orion V2

4. TX87

5. LZ-SQ

6. *Insert GMK Buy here*

My thoughts exactly LOL

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 14 March 2015, 15:49:22 »
Let's see how GH is going to make me poor. Let me count the ways:

1. TX 1800

2. Lightsaver V2 (round 3)

3. Orion V2

4. TX87

5. LZ-SQ

6. *Insert GMK Buy here*

My thoughts exactly LOL
- LK-1800fe
- Lightpad
:P
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline elton5354

« Reply #98 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 12:51:02 »
Looks like they will be offering 3 different materials for their plates.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 13:04:09 »
Looks like they will be offering 3 different materials for their plates.

Show Image

That looks pretty sick. Do acryllic plates and metal plates feel very different?