Author Topic: [IC] GMK 'Miami Nights'  (Read 57071 times)

Offline retainerbox

• meow
Re: [IC] GMK 'Miami Nights'
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 20:08:18 »
Any chance of offering the CMY kit as a full mod kit? I'd much prefer to lose the extra shift keys and arrows and have a full set, the Electric Bluegaloo set has all the mods and is only $42 so paying more money for a half kit just doesn't get me excited.

I would love this!

ErgoDox/Magic Girl, AVA/Islander,  ALU68/Godspeed, VOID40/Dark Magic Girl

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #251 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 20:16:50 »
So I don't see it in the list but are there 1.25x Fn caps in the CMYKv2 kit?  From the pics it looks like there are.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 20:18:14 »

So I don't see it in the list but are there 1.25x Fn caps in the CMYKv2 kit?  From the pics it looks like there are.

If it does then I say don't change a thing about that kit. Sure, there are keys I don't care about in there, but seems to hit maximum compatibility.
I'm back.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #253 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 20:18:46 »
Hmmm well that edit came out interesting...
I'm back.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 21:23:38 »
So I guess more people would prefer to have it as shown in the OP then for $115?
I'm liking how it is in the OP.

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
« Reply #255 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 22:21:37 »
That CMYK v2 is gorgeous! I was super bummed out about missing the previous group buy of PBT dyesubs with RGB legends on Shift / Ctrl / Alt, but I think this set is gonna match my keyboard even better :)

Although I primarily use TKL, I'm with the others about selling a complete set for $115.

I'm definitely in for the keyset and CMYK v2!
I think I'm a full blown GMK addict now..
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 22:55:45 »
So I guess more people would prefer to have it as shown in the OP then for $115?

I prefer it that way, yea :). My only sticking point is going to be wallet recovery from all the GMK that has been on sale already this year  :eek:

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #257 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 00:23:41 »
Ivan, you got my full support for this buy, if we can somehow avoid mixed profiles, but the numpad is still a bother to my OCD if it remains R0 and the CMYK v2 stuff gives us R1.

Does GMK have 1.25 R0?

I don't mind a full R0 bottom row, but yeah, I'd really prefer to not mix profiles.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #258 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 08:31:11 »
yeah ,i love 115$ and CYMK V2。 I absolutely join in. As for me ,the question is to buy one or two? this depends on recovery speed of my wallet and when the group start?
look forward to waiting for a period after TA and hyper fuse

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #259 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 11:19:27 »
I think that with GMK, you need to have the numpad in the base set or risk it not running at all and having all your full size people drop out at the last minute.

THIS!

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #260 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 14:30:41 »
CMYK v2, will remain a partial mod set. With 2 sets of shifts you can potentially get 2-3 keyboards out of this depending on configurations, and you also get choice of arrow only or arrow and shift so 'everyone' can be happy. So for example if you have an 87/104 ANSI key and a 101 ANSI key you could hit both... or if you had an ISO 88/105, and an ISO 102 or 105 1800 you could hit both and etc, etc. I hope that makes some more sense now?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #261 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 14:32:11 »

This is exactly what I would like to see.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 18:58:10 »
CMYK v2, will remain a partial mod set. With 2 sets of shifts you can potentially get 2-3 keyboards out of this depending on configurations, and you also get choice of arrow only or arrow and shift so 'everyone' can be happy. So for example if you have an 87/104 ANSI key and a 101 ANSI key you could hit both... or if you had an ISO 88/105, and an ISO 102 or 105 1800 you could hit both and etc, etc. I hope that makes some more sense now?

Loving your extra CMYK as well BUT I have one question for you Ivan how can these keys be seen at night when typing in front of an lcd only lit space?

So far from your key-set colour-way the ONLY colour that will be easily seen is the beautiful YELLOW on BLACK which is perfect, but the other colours like Blue, Purple/red and Grey will be nearly invisible.  Are you worried that most won't be able to see these legends in sub-lighted rooms?

Had to mention this because some people like to type at night and not during the day, being that we are eternal vampires  8) .

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 12:37:23 »

Loving your extra CMYK as well BUT I have one question for you Ivan how can these keys be seen at night when typing in front of an lcd only lit space?

So far from your key-set colour-way the ONLY colour that will be easily seen is the beautiful YELLOW on BLACK which is perfect, but the other colours like Blue, Purple/red and Grey will be nearly invisible.  Are you worried that most won't be able to see these legends in sub-lighted rooms?

Had to mention this because some people like to type at night and not during the day, being that we are eternal vampires  8) .

+1 Kinda why my Broset is still in a bag : /

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #264 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 12:39:29 »
Do you guys really look at the caps while typing?

I don't need the legends - I just like a nice color scheme if I glance at my board :)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #265 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 12:51:24 »

I don't need the legends - I just like a nice color scheme if I glance at my board :)

I occasionally need to check legends on the secondary symbols on the number row, for the keys I don't use very often. It's something you get used to very quickly when you don't have legends to look at though.

The only other time I use legends is when I'm typing one-handed for whatever reason -- ex. when talking on the phone
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Blackehart

« Reply #266 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:24:16 »

I would guess we do since we brought it up.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #267 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 13:55:50 »

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone - I just simply took it for granted that members of a keyboard enthusiast forum touch type   :thumb:

Anyway, I don't think those colors will be unreadable - I imagine it to look quite like the code keys

(image from bingecap)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #268 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 14:36:24 »
I touch type, however, I like my legends to be clear and crisp as an aesthetic aspect of the board.

Offline Blackehart

« Reply #269 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 15:23:27 »

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone - I just simply took it for granted that members of a keyboard enthusiast forum touch type   :thumb:

Anyway, I don't think those colors will be unreadable - I imagine it to look quite like the code keys

Show Image

(image from bingecap)

No biggie.

If it's like the code key, then it should be fine.
The alphas on the broset are almost non-existent in dim light situations.

My issue is having to readjust to typing after/during gaming.
Call me weird, but my hand is tilted a bit more while gaming than it is during typing, so I glance down to see where i ended up ><'

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #270 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:14:57 »
I don't need to see the kb nor the legends. Colored caps are pretty much all vanity for me.

If you're really a vampire, can't you see in the dark?
I'm back.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #271 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:16:13 »
Very interested

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #272 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 17:44:31 »
Take my money now. Please and thank you. Also I want the tenkeyless and mod packs if you need to know :D
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline the big aristotle

« Reply #273 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 09:00:17 »
I am most definitely in.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #274 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 21:31:43 »
I am most definitely in.

Same here, with every Ivan Group Buy his key-sets are always unique and remain quite delectable  8) .

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #275 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 10:50:44 »
I love this colorway, and it's actualy smart. The cyan legends on the alphas are visible even in low light, I've noticed that on the Code and Joker keys. The modifiers are less important, I mean I know wher my shift control and Enter are :D But for the alphas is good to have something visible and cyan is perfect.

I have some complains about the A profile, I had the chance to test it and it's not so good. But it's not a deal  breaker :)
So I hope people will join this GB when it starts because I will. After playing with all sorts of profiles and colorways I must say dark Cherry profile are my favorite.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #276 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 11:50:10 »
I'll be kicking this into buy status as soon as I get the last change requests back from GMK.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #277 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 13:44:56 »
I'll be kicking this into buy status as soon as I get the last change requests back from GMK.
Wow thank you this is beautiful <3
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=v3j2kdan2cv5vikfgd8hhdupbd6fpihn&topic=63161.0
« Reply #278 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 13:56:25 »
Ivan's aesthetic is always ahead of us.
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline n7

« Reply #279 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 16:35:39 »
definitely want in on this.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #280 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 19:51:29 »

So soon  :(

How long will it be open for? I won't have money for a few weeks.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline shower_king

« Reply #281 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 20:58:00 »

THis will start as well as classic beige set..i both wanna buy , but after buying two sets each for TA and Hyperfuse, i have no money and too little time for my wallet to recovering. please make the GB launch more time to give me some time for wallet recovering .thank you

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #282 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 22:31:52 »

THis will start as well as classic beige set..i both wanna buy , but after buying two sets each for TA and Hyperfuse, i have no money and too little time for my wallet to recovering. please make the GB launch more time to give me some time for wallet recovering .thank you

Money can always be found, it isn't difficult nor hard to amass any amount when it comes to purchasing your dreams here on Geekhack  8) .

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #283 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 22:42:32 »

Well that's probably me out for those too then, I don't really do partial sets on any of my boards. Should still be in for the WoB patch kit depending on price and keys available.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline archer

« Reply #284 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 23:10:32 »
Those yellow legends look great! Any chance we could get yellow Ctrl and Alt keys added to the mod pack?  :eek: either way, I'm in!

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 07:53:48 »
Quick question, will the black on the CMYK V2 the same as the ones on the mods on the Dolch set you ran earlier?
Mock for both seems a little different.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 07:56:42 »
The duplicated shifts keys in the modifiers set are redundant, they could be replaced with the missing keys for a full modifiers set: Tab, Caps lock, Stepped Caps Lock, Enter; thus, keeping the cost it may be a more useful option for people that are not getting the full set.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #287 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 11:09:53 »

looking forward to it buddie

Offline TBone

« Reply #288 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 12:24:03 »
Definitely in Ivan. I'd say do a full set. Maybe try on massdrop since TA was so successful? I was hesitant at first, but it looks like it really works better...so far.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 14:39:14 »
Quick question, will the black on the CMYK V2 the same as the ones on the mods on the Dolch set you ran earlier?

Dolch doesn't have black, it's a dark grey.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #290 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 15:26:00 »

I know the alpha's are grey but ok. Can I know what colour code Dolch's mods are then?
 :)
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 15:29:36 »

I know the alpha's are grey but ok. Can I know what colour code Dolch's mods are then?

The color code for Dolch was previously discuss in this thread, you could check 3 or 4 pages back.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #292 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 16:12:01 »

The color code for Dolch was previously discuss in this thread, you could check 3 or 4 pages back.

Ty. Found it. =)
Think N9 looks better than CR though as the base colour  :))
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 April 2015, 21:32:11 by pichu23 »

Offline ryptide11

« Reply #293 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 12:16:25 »
Always a fan of your GB's. Will get in this as well.

Offline choc

« Reply #294 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 20:25:09 »
wow, by seeing those side legends, I once thought this was a triple shot GMK. :p

Offline shower_king

« Reply #295 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 23:39:18 »
could you please wait for a period? For example, after two weeks when the classis beige start, and then the deadline come to an end two weeks later?
After HP and TA, the classic beige almost start right now. as you know, it's you ,Ivan‘s GB that I absolutely join in no matter what happen.
The main reason is i like this set so much that my wallet couldn't balance between this one and classis beige, just because i wanna buy this set for two ,one for use ,the other one for back up. thank you very much and your great work for making the GB happen will be much appreciated.

Offline choc

« Reply #296 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 09:47:48 »
interest

Offline the big aristotle

« Reply #297 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 21:14:08 »
How is this going to work with classic beige GMK GB about to start?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #298 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 21:36:10 »
People will buy both and be happy  :cool:

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #299 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 22:57:39 »
People will buy both and be happy  :cool:

That might start a recession.
❤️Keeboardz
---------------