Author Topic: [IC] "Troubled Minds" - a Joker/Eva01 inspired set - Up on Massdrop!  (Read 132138 times)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [IC] "Troubled Minds" - a Joker/Eva01 inspired set - NEW MOCKUPS
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 05:09:09 »
There's a mistake with the mockup for the non-standard kit, the joker keys will be black on white. Sorry for that!
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2015, 05:41:27 by thesiscamper »

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline My_Thoughts

Re: [IC] "Troubled Minds" - a Joker/Eva01 inspired set - Up on Massdrop!
« Reply #501 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 07:30:37 »
D'oh
From our posts on reddit I thought there was a chance of the green face being included :(

Still going to order though :)

Offline Jedi

« Reply #502 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 08:39:13 »
Thesiscamper, perhaps we should now move this discussion to the GroupBuy section to bring the party to the rest of the crowd?

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #503 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:00:19 »
Base Kit $78.99   
Numpad $25.99
Eva 01/Joker Kit $39.99
Non-Standard $38.99

Total $183.96

ahhh but still i really love this set! join!

*should prepare a noodle for this whole month

I got the base + ergodox + Eva 01/Joker kit and I'm at $173.96...worth every penny, methinks.  I do hope we see a price reduction for at least the base set though.  This is the most I've spent on a keyset so far, although my Carbon purchase was nearly the same price.  I think this will mark the end of my keycap spending for a good while.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #504 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:02:28 »
Is there anyway that Massdrop could split the Eva/Joker novelty kit into their own their kits. I can't bring myself together to spend an additional $39.99 on a kit that I will only ever use half the keys for. Still a great set though, congrats on getting the GB started thesiscamper. :thumb:
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #505 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:16:33 »
Is there anyway that Massdrop could split the Eva/Joker novelty kit into their own their kits. I can't bring myself together to spend an additional $39.99 on a kit that I will only ever use half the keys for. Still a great set though, congrats on getting the GB started thesiscamper. :thumb:

Buy the set and I may interested in your leftovers.

Offline lashiel

« Reply #506 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:22:57 »

I know that generally the philosophy is you combine smaller sets to reach MOQ, and to avoid higher costs sometimes related to that. So, it's probably actually cheaper this way. But thesiscamper should feel free to comment. I'm actually in the same boat as you, in that I have no intention of using the Joker keys. But I really want the EVA ones.

Congrats on successfully making it to MD thesis! I'm in for almost one of everything.

Offline kozarrat

« Reply #507 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:26:09 »
Just to verify, these keys will fit a Filco Majestouch right?

Offline Jedi

« Reply #508 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:35:39 »
Yes, the base kit plus the number pad kit will do it for the Filco Majestouch.  The spacebar is included with that and it too will fit.  You can purchase the novelties or modifiers if you want a different color scheme or look to your Filco keyboard. 

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #509 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:37:25 »

I know that generally the philosophy is you combine smaller sets to reach MOQ, and to avoid higher costs sometimes related to that. So, it's probably actually cheaper this way. But thesiscamper should feel free to comment. I'm actually in the same boat as you, in that I have no intention of using the Joker keys. But I really want the EVA ones.

Congrats on successfully making it to MD thesis! I'm in for almost one of everything.
Exactly, splitting child packs like that just lead to higher prices for each, and issues reaching MOQ.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #510 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:46:50 »
Congrats ThesisCamper, outstanding job executing this interest check.  Glad to see this get to the groupbuy stage.  I'm already in for pretty much the whole set.  And now, on to our feature presentation

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #511 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:52:59 »
Base Kit $78.99   
Numpad $25.99
Eva 01/Joker Kit $39.99
Non-Standard $38.99

Total $183.96

I got the base + ergodox + Eva 01/Joker kit and I'm at $173.96...worth every penny, methinks.  I do hope we see a price reduction for at least the base set though.  This is the most I've spent on a keyset so far, although my Carbon purchase was nearly the same price.  I think this will mark the end of my keycap spending for a good while.

yeah its a good set if you really like a theme. since im a fan of joker thou. cant miss it xD
but that Estimated ship date is Mar 9, 2016.
hahhahaha now i should just try to forget i buy it.. :))
im glad its on massdrop thou so i dont need to PM and ask about update of my package.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #512 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 09:56:12 »
Base Kit $78.99   
Numpad $25.99
Eva 01/Joker Kit $39.99
Non-Standard $38.99

Total $183.96

yeah its a good set if you really like a theme. since im a fan of joker thou. cant miss it xD
but that Estimated ship date is Mar 9, 2016.
hahhahaha now i should just try to forget i buy it.. :))
im glad its on massdrop thou so i dont need to PM and ask about update of my package.

The best thing for GBs is to join, forget, then get a nice surprise in the mail months later!

Unless you suddenly remember two years later about your order and haven't gotten anything...

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #513 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 10:34:44 »
By the time you finally get it you've long forgotten about the payment and it's like you're getting free caps in the mail. Right? :)

Offline lashiel

« Reply #514 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 11:18:07 »
By the time you finally get it you've long forgotten about the payment and it's like you're getting free caps in the mail. Right? :)

Yep. The money's long gone by that point.  :p

Offline chromatically

« Reply #515 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 11:19:25 »
Any chance we see a 6u space bar for this? *grumbles to self about weird fc660 layout*

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #516 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:00:40 »

This is basically the reasoning I was told, splitting up the kits will result in higher prices while joining them together will make the chances of reaching MOQ or the next drop point higher.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #517 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:02:36 »
So, just saw this pop up on MD, and I think the mockups and renders are actually incorrect, because I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as an R4 SA spacebar. This was just being discussed on DT last week, and the only spacebar molds they have are R3, so your bottom row would be like Retro SA with a drop from Alt(Gr) to the spacebar.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #518 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:02:57 »
Any chance we see a 6u space bar for this? *grumbles to self about weird fc660 layout*

Sorry, but SP doesn't have the molds for it. I was going to add 6.5u too but here is the list of spacebars they do for SA:

For SA Spacebars, we currently make:

4 Unit
4.5 Unit
6.2/6.25 unit
7 Unit
8 Unit
9 Unit

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #519 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:05:08 »
So, just saw this pop up on MD, and I think the mockups and renders are actually incorrect, because I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as an R4 SA spacebar. This was just being discussed on DT last week, and the only spacebar molds they have are R3, so your bottom row would be like Retro SA with a drop from Alt(Gr) to the spacebar.

You're right, the spacebar is R3, the 3D render is R3 but the 2D mockup shows the spacebar beside the R4.. it's going to be R3 though. I will see about changing that.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #520 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:05:43 »
I forgot: Will the Shifts be R4?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #521 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:09:44 »
Thesiscamper, perhaps we should now move this discussion to the GroupBuy section to bring the party to the rest of the crowd?

Hi, I'll ask a mod. Thanks!

Offline chromatically

« Reply #522 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:22:33 »

Sorry, but SP doesn't have the molds for it. I was going to add 6.5u too but here is the list of spacebars they do for SA:

For SA Spacebars, we currently make:

4 Unit
4.5 Unit
6.2/6.25 unit
7 Unit
8 Unit
9 Unit

any chance of 6u being made? SP should do it, there's DOZENS of 6u space bar users... DOZENS of us. I may buy enough to meet any MOQ myself :p

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #523 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:27:14 »

Yes, I didn't know SP was doing R3 shifts for past sets and I designed this with R4 shifts in mind, the mockups show they're R4 so they should be R4. I'll be reiterating this point with Massdrop and Melissa so we don't have a nasty surprise later on.  :thumb:

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #524 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:27:37 »
I'm in for the base set, alternate colors, and the EVA/Joker set, but this combined with the SKIDATA+ set means I have spent way more than I should of on keysets, so now I have to be done!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #525 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:47:49 »
The best thing for GBs is to join, forget, then get a nice surprise in the mail months later!

Unless you suddenly remember two years later about your order and haven't gotten anything...

thats what happen to my friend.
lucky my friend wallet seems unlimited for this hobbies.
but for me i will only make a safe buy for sure :)

I'm in for the base set, alternate colors, and the EVA/Joker set, but this combined with the SKIDATA+ set means I have spent way more than I should of on keysets, so now I have to be done!

i did the same thing as you. i had plan for my 1st duck custom keyboard but hope it wont happen soon. but already spent too much on keyset xD
the keyset temptation is over 9000.

Offline Data

« Reply #526 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 13:59:55 »

Yes, I didn't know SP was doing R3 shifts for past sets and I designed this with R4 shifts in mind, the mockups show they're R4 so they should be R4. I'll be reiterating this point with Massdrop and Melissa so we don't have a nasty surprise later on.  :thumb:

Please let us know what they say.  There was some word that SP was investing in the R4 Shift molds because there was so much demand for the SA profile, but I don't know if anything was official.  If they followed through with it then I know a lot of GB organizers and keyset designers who will be very happy to hear it.  It will be nice to finally have confirmation.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #527 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:03:54 »
Quote from: gadzcun
i did the same thing as you. i had plan for my 1st duck custom keyboard but hope it wont happen soon. but already spent too much on keyset xD
the keyset temptation is over 9000.

I know the feeling, I have plans for a b.87 in the near future but it looks like I am going to have to sell some stuff to finance that, otherwise it will be on the back-burner until I get all of the keysets I am in GBs for.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:33:34 by Waateva »
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #528 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:20:45 »
Hi guys, I'm sounding like a broken record but thanks again for the awesome support. Let me ask you if you want to start another thread in the group buy forum or just let the discussion stay here, I'm not sure if we should have another thread since this one is still active with new posts.  :thumb:

Offline Jedi

« Reply #529 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:32:35 »
I'd ask if you could set one up since we don't want "new" people to "think" this is an interest check.  There's lots of people like myself that rarely post and only look.  We could still be posting in both for a little bit until the new GB thread starts to pick up steam.  We need some great numbers on this group buy anyway and absolutely the more that want to jump on it, the better for all of us (at least for right now until the group buy closes).  Then its hello marketplace LOL

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #530 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:37:31 »
Seems reasonable to move it over to the GB section, though probably include a link here as the last post prior to lockup.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #531 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:46:47 »
Seems reasonable to move it over to the GB section, though probably include a link here as the last post prior to lockup.

I'll see about that later in the day.

Anyway, legends only have minor fixes left and I've addressed them all just now. If there will be more adjustments to be made they should be fairly minor, so yay for us!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #532 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 14:57:08 »

Anyway, legends only have minor fixes left and I've addressed them all just now. If there will be more adjustments to be made they should be fairly minor, so yay for us!

Someone mentioned this on MD:
Will the stylized "J" be scooped?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #533 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 15:13:00 »

Someone mentioned this on MD:
Will the stylized "J" be scooped?

I'll make clarifications for this later, it has been suggested that extra keys (like the ones for Cherry earlier) can be added in an extra kit like Danger Zone's goose pack.

Offline meevilsheep

« Reply #534 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 17:24:24 »
Wow.. just wow... nice work thesiscamper. Nice to see that the base set and Joker kit almost hit the first price drop after 1 day. Will definitely join this GB, just need to finish some $$ related things.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #535 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 17:35:14 »
Wow.. just wow... nice work thesiscamper. Nice to see that the base set and Joker kit almost hit the first price drop after 1 day. Will definitely join this GB, just need to finish some $$ related things.

No kidding, I was refreshing the page throughout the day and the orders were just climbing. More than 75% of the way there on the first day for the base and joker/eva kits. Fantastic!
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2015, 17:37:59 by rpeterclark »

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #536 on: Wed, 11 November 2015, 17:55:53 »
I'm in!! Got a base kit and the Joker novelties.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 00:22:12 »

Please let us know what they say.  There was some word that SP was investing in the R4 Shift molds because there was so much demand for the SA profile, but I don't know if anything was official.  If they followed through with it then I know a lot of GB organizers and keyset designers who will be very happy to hear it.  It will be nice to finally have confirmation.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76674.0

They haven't posted about it on their vendor subforum yet (as I advised them to), but I have it straight from Melissa that they are ready for use and designers can put them in any new set designs.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #538 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 03:10:07 »
They haven't posted about it on their vendor subforum yet (as I advised them to), but I have it straight from Melissa that they are ready for use and designers can put them in any new set designs.

Thanks Oobly, much appreciated.  Melissa is still letting us addicts know what's happening with her organization, simply brilliant  8) .

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #539 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 03:24:52 »
I just noticed here
http://www.massdrop.community/mechkeys/troubled-minds/
that the ISO unlock point is 50!  Is there any possibility if this does not tip it can be run again with a tip point of 25?

Also thanks for making/updating this page.  It's a pity the massdrop site does not show this sort of thing

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #540 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 03:42:23 »
I just noticed here
that the ISO unlock point is 50!  Is there any possibility if this does not tip it can be run again with a tip point of 25?

Also thanks for making/updating this page.  It's a pity the massdrop site does not show this sort of thing
I will ask, the MOQs were set higher to make the prices more attractive. I will try to make an ISO render this weekend so ISO guys know what it will look like. I also plan to make renders for Planck (already have an ErgoDox mockup).

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #541 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 05:27:38 »
I just noticed here

I will ask, the MOQs were set higher to make the prices more attractive. I will try to make an ISO render this weekend so ISO guys know what it will look like. I also plan to make renders for Planck (already have an ErgoDox mockup).

Thanks.  From memory modern selectric sold about 30 ISO sets, and I think the tip point was 25. 

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #542 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 05:32:39 »
Will this set ever be offered again or is it a 1 time deal?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #543 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 05:39:08 »

If there's enough demand I will offer it again, but it won't be anytime soon. There are plenty of other SA sets in the works, and I'll probably do an IC for the Unit 02 set before I consider running this again. That's several months away, maybe even a year or more :)

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #544 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 05:40:37 »

If there's enough demand I will offer it again, but it won't be anytime soon. There are plenty of other SA sets in the works, and I'll probably do an IC for the Unit 02 set before I consider running this again. That's several months away, maybe even a year or more :)

Damn, so many things to buy yet so little money :(

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #545 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 05:49:06 »

Damn, so many things to buy yet so little money :(

You and me both :')

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #546 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 05:49:51 »
Great work on this thesis and congrats on it's already good success!

Can't wait to see some real pictures.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #547 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 06:17:17 »
Great work on this thesis and congrats on it's already good success!

Can't wait to see some real pictures.

Thank you! I hope my renders will look similar to the real ones. :))

By the way, I submitted a GB thread, so if it gets approved I might lock this thread, or a mod will.  :thumb:

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #548 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 06:34:46 »

I wonder if its possible to have it appear on PMK continuously, even though you did it through massdrop. Might get a small royalty to boot.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #549 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 06:40:09 »

I wonder if its possible to have it appear on PMK continuously, even though you did it through massdrop. Might get a small royalty to boot.

Is that how PMK works now? Most of the sets there are out of stock, and I think the ones in stock are just left overs from earlier runs, I can't be sure though, but I will consider that when we have a better idea how their new site works.