Author Topic: Hoffman Drives to Florida; or, Let's Meetup From WI to FL! (SCHEDULE POSTED)  (Read 40477 times)

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
Re: Hoffman Drives to Florida; or, Let's Meetup From WI to FL! (SCHEDULE POSTED)
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 09:12:42 »
Yo I can do the breakfast thing. Do you prefer near the i-75 area so you'll be on your way to Tampa conveniently?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Hoffman Drives to Florida; or, Let's Meetup From WI to FL! (SCHEDULE POSTED)
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 09:24:49 »
Yo I can do the breakfast thing. Do you prefer near the i-75 area so you'll be on your way to Tampa conveniently?

Cool!  :)

Let me check where exactly I'm staying in Ft Myers. I'll PM you the address and we can look at what makes sense once we know where we're both coming from.  :thumb:

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 09:50:14 »
So pumped! I'll get to meet so many of yall :D Orlando is better than Tampa just come here ;)
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 10:21:29 »
So pumped! I'll get to meet so many of yall :D Orlando is better than Tampa just come here ;)

B-bu...but Vesper's love shack is in Tampa!  :-*

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 10:32:46 »

But Heed and I are here!!!! 2 for 1 bby ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 10:58:53 »

But Heed and I are here!!!! 2 for 1 bby ;)

That's for the next night.  ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 11:01:02 »
Oh!  One more thing.

This is not primarily a keyboard venture, but I'm happy to bring any boards/keysets/artisans with me that people might like to see.  So if there is anything in my collection that you're itching to get your paws on momentarily, let me know!  :P  Flux Keypacitor will be making the trip, per JQ's request.  ;)

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 11:53:40 »

Oh!  One more thing.

This is not primarily a keyboard venture, but I'm happy to bring any boards/keysets/artisans with me that people might like to see.  So if there is anything in my collection that you're itching to get your paws on momentarily, let me know!  :P  Flux Keypacitor will be making the trip, per JQ's request.  ;)

We just want Hoff. Flux is gravy.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 11:56:42 »
So, Orlando peeps, what are we going to do on Sunday and Monday?  I just talked to my assistant and she's clearing my Monday so I think I will be free both days. :thumb:
I'm back.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 11:58:38 »
So, Orlando peeps, what are we going to do on Sunday and Monday?  I just talked to my assistant and she's clearing my Monday so I think I will be free both days. :thumb:

I say we go to Vespr :D at least for a bit on Monday

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 13:13:31 »
Pretty sure I can get Monday off. Sunday won't be a problem unless the missus has secret plans for me of which I am unaware. I'm excited to meet you guys, finally (and heedpantsnow! 😉). If we were congregating near the airport Sunday I'd invite ya'll to my office to watch some of my laser shows on a planetarium dome.
Vespr is a must. I rarely have business on that side of town for an excuse to stop in. Should we all schlep our boards for a show-and-tell?
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline smarmar

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 13:15:17 »

PUMPED!
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 13:23:00 »

I say we go to Vespr :D at least for a bit on Monday

Wait wait wait.  If you want to go to Vesper (Tampa), you should do it on the Tampa day!  :P  Otherwise it's just backtracking for me, which is silly when I'm already doing all this driving.  :))

Pretty sure I can get Monday off. Sunday won't be a problem unless the missus has secret plans for me of which I am unaware. I'm excited to meet you guys, finally (and heedpantsnow! 😉). If we were congregating near the airport Sunday I'd invite ya'll to my office to watch some of my laser shows on a planetarium dome.
Vespr is a must. I rarely have business on that side of town for an excuse to stop in. Should we all schlep our boards for a show-and-tell?

I have no idea where we will be congregating.  :confused:  HPN, are we centralizing around your home?  I don't want to speak for you as far as what the group will do, I just know you offered your place to me.  :)

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 14:00:51 »
Yesssss finally something happening in Tampa. Have a venue in mind? Lots of stuff near downtown and 275.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 14:01:37 »
I've lived in Orlando my entire life and can be available Sunday and possibly part of Monday. I'm also very familiar with a bunch of the Orlando places that have been mentioned. The rock climbing gym (Aiguille) is right around the corner from a pretty good brewery (Hourglass) if that is something people are interested in. I really have not climbed in several years and gained considerable weight, but I can still belay and probably climb a couple 5.6s or something.

I also homebrew and would not mind providing some of my own beers. The neighborhood I live in is across the street from Saigon Flavors (a really good Vietnamese place).

I know of two really good Dim Sum joints (one lunch only, one all day), and basically TONS of other restaurants for basically any kind of cuisine.

The Cloak and Blaster place is really cool to eat, drink, and play games at. I think they also have a lounge area for just hanging out.

Any questions about Orlando I can probably chime in on.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 15:17:30 »
Yesssss finally something happening in Tampa. Have a venue in mind? Lots of stuff near downtown and 275.

Vesper's house?  :P :))  Haha, nothing in mind yet.  I'm leaning pretty heavily on the locals to supply the entertainment, so if you have any ideas threw them out!

I've lived in Orlando my entire life and can be available Sunday and possibly part of Monday. I'm also very familiar with a bunch of the Orlando places that have been mentioned. The rock climbing gym (Aiguille) is right around the corner from a pretty good brewery (Hourglass) if that is something people are interested in. I really have not climbed in several years and gained considerable weight, but I can still belay and probably climb a couple 5.6s or something.

I also homebrew and would not mind providing some of my own beers. The neighborhood I live in is across the street from Saigon Flavors (a really good Vietnamese place).

I know of two really good Dim Sum joints (one lunch only, one all day), and basically TONS of other restaurants for basically any kind of cuisine.

The Cloak and Blaster place is really cool to eat, drink, and play games at. I think they also have a lounge area for just hanging out.

Any questions about Orlando I can probably chime in on.

All sounds good.  Plenty of Orlando people here which is why I allotted so much time there.  :thumb:  I'll try to remember my climbing shoes, but of course I've gained a bit of weight myself too.  :rolleyes:

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:01:08 »
Vesper needs to get his ass in here if we are solidifying going to his crib.

I'd like to to know WTH we are doing. Someone should take photos too. :P

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:13:12 »
Vesper needs to get his ass in here if we are solidifying going to his crib.

I'd like to to know WTH we are doing. Someone should take photos too. :P

I'll be bringing my camera so I can take some pics.  But I'll be more interested in hanging out than taking pics, so we shall see.

I'll text Vespbro and get him in here.  :rolleyes:

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:13:16 »
Looks like I won't be back in Atlanta by then  :'(

Feel free to take a detour to MA though!  :))  I think Vermont should be getting some snow soon.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:13:48 »

Feel free to take a detour to MA though!  :))  I think Vermont should be getting some snow soon.

What the hell, man??  Come down for the meetup!

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:27:41 »

What the hell, man??  Come down for the meetup!
Well I drove up here, so my options are to take a flight back and be car-less, or drive 1100 miles

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:28:21 »
drive 1100 miles

That's what I'm doing!  :P

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:29:03 »
drive 1100 miles

That's what I'm doing! 
But I don't have all these fun stops along the way!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 28 December 2015, 16:31:48 »
drive 1100 miles

That's what I'm doing! 
But I don't have all these fun stops along the way!

Hey man, I'm driving down without these fun stops!  Sleeping in my car wherever I get to tomorrow night.  :thumb:

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 09:39:37 »
Whoa! I'm in Nashville too! I had no clue so many other GH members lived here. I'm down for the meetup :D
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 09:44:13 »
I have a lunchtime meeting with Donald Trump that Thursday to discuss foreign policy.  I can cancel, though, te Hoff is more important.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 09:56:05 »
Any plans for the nashville meetup?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #127 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:16:04 »
Whoa! I'm in Nashville too! I had no clue so many other GH members lived here. I'm down for the meetup :D
Any plans for the nashville meetup?

No plans for the meetup yet!  I'm hoping mashby chimes in, and with any luck livingspeedbump will be there too so I'm sure we can work something out.  As I said in an earlier response, I'm kind of leaning on the locals for some entertainment, since I don't know what there is to do in most of these places.  :)

I have a lunchtime meeting with Donald Trump that Thursday to discuss foreign policy.  I can cancel, though, te Hoff is more important.

Aww, thanks for cancelling your super important plans for me!  :-*

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:21:08 »
Quote from: Hoff
No plans for the meetup yet!  I'm hoping mashby chimes in, and with any luck livingspeedbump will be there too so I'm sure we can work something out.  As I said in an earlier response, I'm kind of leaning on the locals for some entertainment, since I don't know what there is to do in most of these places.  :)

Gym sess, bruh

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #129 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:37:30 »

Gym sess, bruh

Hah.  I am bringing my running shoes and climbing shoes, so I'd be open to either of those activities.  I'm guessing you might have been joking, but I certainly wouldn't mind getting a workout in during this time away from home.  :thumb:

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:47:15 »

Gym sess, bruh

Hah.  I am bringing my running shoes and climbing shoes, so I'd be open to either of those activities.  I'm guessing you might have been joking, but I certainly wouldn't mind getting a workout in during this time away from home.  :thumb:

It was a joke, but I'm open to hitting the gym, from looking at me you might not suspect it but I'm in there 5 days a week.

If serious, my gym is east of nashville in hermitage (like 30 minutes from downtown nashvegas)

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 10:56:54 »
Look at you guys being all healthy and shiz. I was thinking tacos and beer at Bakersfield :p
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 11:28:01 »
Look at you guys being all healthy and shiz. I was thinking tacos and beer at Bakersfield :p

This is also good!  :))

And tiger, I'm probably not interested in lifting, but more cardio like running. Or climbing is always good too.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 11:40:37 »

This is also good!  :))

And tiger, I'm probably not interested in lifting, but more cardio like running. Or climbing is always good too.

Get out of here, twiggy :P

I'm down for whatever though

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 12:36:56 »
Does anyone coming to the Orlando meetup have a Kishsaver?  If not, could you bring one Hoff?  I would very much like to type on one in person.

We can hang out at my house on Sunday afternoon, maybe grill out for dinner (if my wife and kids are allowed ).
I'm back.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #135 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 13:07:48 »
Heyo guys!!! I've been kinda sick lately so haven't been active much and only saw this nowww ~

I have partial bad newssss :( Unlike when I was in Gainesville up until 6 months back and had my own place, I'm currently living at my parents, and in kind of not-so-favorable relationship with them right now so I'm not really in a position to have their house open to any personal guests T___T If anything, I'm a wary guest here too :))^-^...:'( ( note: i did ask~ she wasn't avinnit -_-;; )

So if anyone is generous enough to lend a bed or sofa to Hoff in Tampa one night or an extra night in Orlando, I'd be more than thankful  :-[ :-[ :-[ I'm so upset I can't...

So sorry to put a damper on things if ya'll were planning to congregate here :'( :'( :'( FOOOOOOOOOK I really freaking wish I still had my condo in Gainesville right now T___T

However, anything else, I'm down ~ How many people were planning to see Hoff in Tampa??? I'm more than happy to keep Hoff company in Tampa for the day, if not longer in Orlando too with ya'll!

Talking to Hoffman right now for plans ~

I'll also bring any/all my keyboards/keycaps too. LMK.
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 December 2015, 14:39:20 by VesperSAINT »

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 14:06:48 »
I'm down in Tampa. I'll bring some some stuff I'd like to trade and whatnot.

I wish I had a spot you can kick it in Hoff. Sorry bud.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 15:52:34 »
Hoff I'll be in touch if it looks like the 7th will work.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 18:11:33 »
Sorry HPN, ya missed the cut off.  :(  Only keyboard I have is the HHKB.

And if I can't get a bed in Tampa, maybe we could just do another night in Orlando?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 18:11:48 »

Noted. Thanks!  :)

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 29 December 2015, 21:27:37 »
I'm down for all the things! My new camera is suppose to be arriving sometime Monday around 3, but I can spend all morning monday and sunday after mass with y'all in and around Orlando :D I can't wait!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #141 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 07:10:38 »
This thread is now my live blog.

Started with 1500 miles ahead of me to Florida. Currently looking at a little over 900. 14 hours of driving today. 

Offline joey

« Reply #142 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 07:13:45 »
Post pics!

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 07:49:40 »
This thread is now my live blog.

Started with 1500 miles ahead of me to Florida. Currently looking at a little over 900. 14 hours of driving today. 

Good luck Hoff! did you bring your camera? are you passing through Mississippi?

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #144 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 10:39:05 »
A little late to the party, but totally ready for snuggling in Nashville!

Offline smarmar

« Reply #145 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 12:25:12 »
Hanging out at HPN's place sounds groovy. I'll bring my Sony Handycam for documenting the ensuing shenanigans. I can also bring some vintage gaming consoles if anyone is interested in some olde-school throwdowns (Atari 2600, NES, SuperNES, etc.).

I'll relist my previous venue recommendations:
In Winter Park: Fiddler's Green (authentic UK food and bar) and several good local java joints within walking distance, Stardust Coffee (across the street from Park Av CD)
Mills 50 district: several fine Vietnamese noodle shoppes, The BART (fancy beers and classic arcade machines)
Waterford Lakes: Vespr coffee shop, more Vietnamese places and other fine eating establishments, Cloak & Blaster gaming pub
Orlando: Gods & Monsters gaming pub/store in Artegon Mall along with a good sushi place (U-Roll), Pom's (hipster-y sandwich/salad/tea place)

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 16:00:16 »

Noted. Thanks!  :)

If this means a diversion from Indianapolis, no hard feelings.  I will be very busy with the usual stuff, anyways.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 22:43:25 »
16 hours

Sixteen ****ing hours in the car today

Holy ****

1/10 do not recommend EVER

I'll post some musings from the trip down tomorrow after I wake up from my coma

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 22:45:55 »

16 hours

Holy ****

Suck my ****ing ****kkkkk

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 30 December 2015, 23:38:00 »
16 hours

Holy ****

I told you that **** is no joke. No one ever drive 16 hours in one day. It will make you want to commit suicide.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."