Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1365195 times)

Offline pr0ximity

Re: JTK Sophomore GB - buy period over
« Reply #1250 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 15:57:31 »
What a bummer, can only imagine how that must feel after all that sorting given your attention to detail and QC Bunny. I appreciate the scrutiny and work you're putting in. It may have taken a while to get here, but I feel we're in great hands.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Malenky

« Reply #1251 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 16:18:38 »
Most group buy runners would let this go through, so I respect the decision to get these remade. I'll definitely want the current ones shipped and don't mind paying the shipping again for when they're remade. I'll be keeping an eye out for the form to fill out.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1252 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 16:56:29 »
Really sorry to hear that Bunny

Thank you for all your hard work - it doesn't go unappreciated

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1253 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 18:38:47 »
Show Image

this is a picture of the issue, its difficult to capture well but if you look at the gap between K and L you c an see the slight tilt

essentially what we need to do is remodel the middle stem 1 degree clockwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least you was able to catch it before you mailed them all out, and have to deal with everyone trying to send them back for a refund/replacement.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1254 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 18:41:52 »
Very sorry to hear this,
Nevertheless pretty sure we will be behind you with this matter, not everything is rainbow :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1255 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 19:13:59 »
Is there anyway the color (or something else) could be changed slightly to distinguish the final version so later when things are sold second hand they don't get mixed up?

Offline takonic

« Reply #1256 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 19:14:56 »

this is a picture of the issue, its difficult to capture well but if you look at the gap between K and L you c an see the slight tilt

essentially what we need to do is remodel the middle stem 1 degree clockwise

once you perfect the mold, then its smooth sailing from then on and future colours and iteration of them :))

also, I didnt order any sliders. Possible to tack a faulty set onto my 2x sophmore sets?

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #1257 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 19:34:41 »
Is there anyway the color (or something else) could be changed slightly to distinguish the final version so later when things are sold second hand they don't get mixed up?

This is a great idea.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #1258 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 19:45:44 »
This is a pretty good point. I'm sure it adds more of a headache into the mix, but would really benefit JTK and any future buyers via classifieds.

Thanks for the hard work bunny. The amount of painstaking attention to detail you have is pretty awesome.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1259 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 20:00:45 »
Bunz, you a god amongst men
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #1260 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 20:38:22 »
Yeah, I am definitely down to get the initial two sets I ordered, then pay shipping for the corrected sets when available. Thank you very much for letting us know ahead of time and telling us what our options are!

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #1261 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 21:12:11 »
Bunny I think you're doing the right thing. Your high standards only benefit us in the end.

I ordered the red and white set originally, then the pink and black set, and a set of sliders through PM. I would like to get both sets of sliders. Honestly the tilt doesn't look any worse than the tilt in the Granite set, but I understand your concern.

As someone else asked, if the second set of sliders will arrive around the same time as the Sophomore sets are ready to ship out, I would like to do that. If not, I would rather save on shipping and have it all sent off at the same time. Whichever is easier for you, and whichever is cheapest for both of us.

Thanks again.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline Jumie

« Reply #1262 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 21:34:39 »
I ordered 1 sophomore set via pm and subsequently the slider too. I think I would be fine to wait for my set along with the revised sliders..

Offline cookie

• Deskthority
« Reply #1263 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 04:43:09 »
I really appreciate the honesty!
Your mentioned options how to handle this are more than fair :)

Offline legendami

« Reply #1264 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 06:07:52 »
also i have gotten a ton of pms over night and throughout the day

i will ttry and tackle them shortly, not ignoring anyone

Ah yeah we spoke earlier through PM. I really want to get a set but i think for now i will wait for the new set to arrive! I don't want to burden you with more work (sending 2 sets instead of just the good ones). Do you have any indication how long it would take for the new set to come in from JTK? Also... will the new google docs form be able to accomedate new late buyers (like me :P)?

Thanks for all the hard work bunny!

« Last Edit: Fri, 25 November 2016, 04:39:02 by legendami »

Offline yomammary

« Reply #1265 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 08:36:58 »
Dude... that must suck for you.
I don't mind waiting <3
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline Laser

« Reply #1266 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 11:38:20 »

Bad luck happens, what matters is how you turn it upside down at the end of the day :)

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #1267 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 11:47:05 »
Not saying you should not fix those, but looking down at my hhkb with stock keys and sliders I can see the gaps aren't all perfect either.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1268 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 14:56:45 »
quick update, sorry i havent posted the form yet

we are just waiting on the factory to go through whether the fault was with the design, the mould or the manufacture process, once we know which is the issue they will give me a completion date and then i will post the form once people have the correct info to base there decision on, should be a couple days

also i have started to get pics from JTK of the sophomore sets, one was posted on insta today, he was 9 keys short from the sorting procdess so will be sending me prioper pics in the morning, as soon as i have them ill post here

he has stated all keys will be shipped within 15 days of what would now be yesterday to him now
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline MSokolJr

« Reply #1269 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 23:24:26 »
An important factor for Bunny, JTK and the GH community to consider if both the "offset" and corrected versions are shipped to each buyer: within a few weeks , the classifieds on GH, DT and /r/mechmarket are going to be flooded with JTK slider sets. And, unless the seller is completely honest, it will be very hard to tell the good from the bad just from the time-stamps alone. Or if good sets are mixed in with bad sliders.

I'd love to have both sets, but I would rather that those incorrect sliders not be released at all. The quality control from Bunny, JTK - and most the manufacturers/artisans/vendors/organizers that are a part of our community - is something they consistently struggle to maintain, and we've come to expect.

I don't think it's worth the risk of delivering both bad and corrected sets after so much work, feedback, input and dedication to quality.
Realforce 87U - Novatouch sliders and full Filco SA keycap set
Filco MJ2 - lubed 62g tactile-greys, EnjoyPBT Cyrillic Orange
QFR - lubed blacks
Novatouch - eh, Work in progress

Offline sony

• Formerly ultraidiot
« Reply #1270 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 01:39:06 »
I would also love to have both sets. I think having a new batch of colors (as someone earlier suggested) could help distinguish the 2 versions.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #1271 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 06:29:15 »
I'm just wondering. What does it look like when a whole set is populated by key caps ? I mean it's obvious when two keys are alone, but will it be as obvious when a whole board has caps?
Not sure if it even matters to me at this point as I'm just super excited to build my ctrl.alt inspired mod.

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 November 2016, 12:42:19 by Glissant »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1272 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 12:20:20 »
I don't mind waiting for them to be corrected. :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1273 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 14:35:01 »
I'm just wondering. What does it look like when a whole set is populated by key caps ? I mean it's obvious when two keys are alone, but will it be as obvious when a whole board has caps?
Not sure if it even matters to me at this point as I'm just super excited to build my ctrl.alt inspired mod.

It's fairly obvious, I shouldn't be joking but it basically looks like your keyboard is in italics lol

As for changing the colours to distinguish the sets, the largest cost in manufacture for these outside of the moulds themselves is the material, the material for the current colours jtk has plenty of on hand, and fixing the mould s and rerunning them is already an expensive process that took this particular project from about break even for him to put him very much in the negative

As for the comments on not releasing the faulty ones, the reason for this given is a fair one, however I don't feel comfortable punishing people  on the assumption that people in this community are going to act like scumbags, at the same time it's also not ideal to have a product floating around that we have deemed to be sub standard

Today I was told the factory has found the cause of the issue, they are fixing it now and will have some samples out to us very soon, as soon as we ok those they will be run off

As of right now we will stick to the original statement, that we will send the current batch to people who want them as other wise they are essentially all going to be wasted, and they are completely functional just a little goofy, however when these are floating around I would urge all sellers to be honest and all after market purchasers to pay via goods and services for them rather than via gift so if someone does falsely represent what they are selling you can claim it as such

I wouldn't worry to much about aftermarket though as we made a good amount of extras and another vendor has a substantial order to them from us as well

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #1274 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 14:42:27 »
As of right now we will stick to the original statement, that we will send the current batch to people who want them as other wise they are essentially all going to be wasted

Will you still set up a form for that or should we just shoot you a PM?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1275 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 14:53:04 »
As of right now we will stick to the original statement, that we will send the current batch to people who want them as other wise they are essentially all going to be wasted

Will you still set up a form for that or should we just shoot you a PM?

I certainly will be doing a form good sir, for that level of responses it's best to keep it all together and organised

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #1276 on: Sat, 26 November 2016, 16:10:48 »
Since changing the colors now would be such a hassle, I'm happy to hear that you're sticking to your original plan.  Hope everything goes smoothly for you from here on out!
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 November 2016, 18:23:03 by nsmechkb »

Offline the big aristotle

« Reply #1277 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 13:21:09 »
I'd be down to take an original set. I feel like the tilt would give the set a little more pizzazz.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1278 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 15:09:41 »
Just catching up on this now. Thanks Bunny, as always, for pressing on despite setbacks. I think releasing the tilted sliders is the right thing to do. :thumb:

Do we have any kind of ballpark on how long it will take to manufacture the corrected sliders? Regardless, I'm fine to live with the bad ones for now and re-pay shipping later.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1279 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 16:39:33 »
Really awesome how you are handling this Bunny & Co! I'd be perfectly happy waiting for the new set of sliders and having you guys sell off the slightly tilted ones through your store or something to help with costs & to let more people have at them (assuming they don't mind the small imperfection.)
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #1280 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 18:59:30 »
if changing colors to a slightly different one to distinguish the difference of the sliders is not possible, i hope we can at least pick a different color for the second batch  :D

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #1281 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 21:02:08 »
Just catching up on this now. Thanks Bunny, as always, for pressing on despite setbacks. I think releasing the tilted sliders is the right thing to do. :thumb:

Agreed, this happens quite readily with any manufacturer rushed to produced items.  They will always make a critical mistake, hence this is what it's like.  Although if they bothered to hire a quality standards inspector, someone who will examine the out flow from the molds, then they would avoid this trouble/wastage in the first place.

A long time ago (when I was a teenager) GE Plastics had hired a small army of inspectors to check every product leaving their mold factory, to see if it's correct dimensionally and had perfect fitment before the items were shipped to all their customers around the globe.  Also they didn't waste any of their high grade plastic material which at the time was very expensive and unique.

Relying upon customers to raise the flag on dodgy manufacturing is the standard now, so I don't blame Bunny at all unfortunately there will never be another GE Plastics Manufacturing standard anymore.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 November 2016, 21:03:59 by Elrick »

Offline Laser

« Reply #1282 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 03:24:28 »
if changing colors to a slightly different one to distinguish the difference of the sliders is not possible, i hope we can at least pick a different color for the second batch  :D

Or rather, those who want the faulty set shipped, should receive a different color - and have the originally specified color shipping later with the fixed sliders. But all this complicates things again (it's easy to have ideas, when the work is done by somebody else ;) ). (weighting feature importance <-> effort required)

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #1283 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 10:20:26 »
The Time of the Happy Carbon Hacker is upon us.  :eek:

Offline zRobbie

« Reply #1284 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 15:29:10 »
I know sliders have issues,  but is there any updates/ETA for the Keycaps? Assuming it's best to change my address once agin but want to be sure before I do.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1285 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 03:48:46 »
I know sliders have issues,  but is there any updates/ETA for the Keycaps? Assuming it's best to change my address once agin but want to be sure before I do.

Just being prepared to ship to me now, I'm now told within the next 8 days, the sliders I think took about 4 days to arrive to me, but let's say they take a week to arrive, all are pre sorted and pre tested, all my packaging materials are ready to go, I've done all the shipping labels already this weekend, so I'd estimate they would take me about 2 days to pack, and then maybe 2 days to ship as I'll have to drop them off in several batches

So I'd say as an estimate they will all be shipped within about 3 weeks from me to you guys

Offline Jumie

« Reply #1286 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 04:05:42 »

Show Image

the sliders I think took about 4 days to arrive to me,

Is that the revised sliders?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1287 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 04:07:06 »

Show Image

the sliders I think took about 4 days to arrive to me,

Is that the revised sliders?

No that is the sophomore gb caps

Offline Jumie

« Reply #1288 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 04:08:33 »
I meant the one that will arrive to you in 4 days, is that for the revised sliders?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1289 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 04:17:33 »
I meant the one that will arrive to you in 4 days, is that for the revised sliders?
The original sliders took about 4 days to arrive to me from when they were shipped to when I received them, I was using that to illustrate the time period I expect the Keysets to arrive to me

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #1290 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 05:10:37 »

Show Image

Just being prepared to ship to me now, I'm now told within the next 8 days, the sliders I think took about 4 days to arrive to me, but let's say they take a week to arrive, all are pre sorted and pre tested, all my packaging materials are ready to go, I've done all the shipping labels already this weekend, so I'd estimate they would take me about 2 days to pack, and then maybe 2 days to ship as I'll have to drop them off in several batches

So I'd say as an estimate they will all be shipped within about 3 weeks from me to you guys

So excited Bunny. These look great! Will tracking be handled through PayPal for anyone who bought extras?
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1291 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 05:22:13 »

Show Image

So excited Bunny. These look great! Will tracking be handled through PayPal for anyone who bought extras?

Nope but I'll make some sort of spreadsheet for extras orders

Also for anyone who wants extras of the sets I'll pop them up on the site at some point in the future rather than have to deal with them via pms

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1292 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 05:24:10 »
Just wondering bunny, if I chose to get the Italics sliders the pay shipping afterwards for the corrected ones, will it be a international shipping cost or are those getting sent by you and it only royal mail cost
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1293 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 06:33:50 »
Just wondering bunny, if I chose to get the Italics sliders the pay shipping afterwards for the corrected ones, will it be a international shipping cost or are those getting sent by you and it only royal mail cost

Royal Mail cost from me good sir

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #1294 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 06:45:52 »

How about the keycap sets? Will those also be shipped from the UK?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #1295 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 06:56:52 »

Sweet just wondered -3-

My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1296 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 07:10:04 »

Sadly yes, because of past issues with fulfilment and relying on others I've decided to just do it myself, it's gonna cost a ton more to ship than was charged however it's entirely my decision to do it this way, given the length of time production took in just not happy to leave the shipping of these sets in someone else's hands to save myself 5-10 dollars an order

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #1297 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 09:03:40 »

Sadly yes, because of past issues with fulfilment and relying on others I've decided to just do it myself, it's gonna cost a ton more to ship than was charged however it's entirely my decision to do it this way, given the length of time production took in just not happy to leave the shipping of these sets in someone else's hands to save myself 5-10 dollars an order

Good for us in the EU i guess. I will gladly pay a bit more to not have to deal with customs

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1298 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 09:43:12 »

Good for us in the EU i guess. I will gladly pay a bit more to not have to deal with customs

Actually eu orders won't run much different, but the bulk of orders are conus and all of those will be a lot more expensive, but it'll be worth it to get it done efficiently

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #1299 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:14:15 »
My brother is a Semi-pro CS:GO Player and non-mechanical keyboard owner (as of yet). I have decided to have my Black/Orange set go to him for Christmas atop a QuickFire TK for his first mechanical keyboard.

He is going to FREAK out and I have no one else to thank but you Bunny.. Its the most perfect gift ever and your GB is making it happen.