Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1365094 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2600 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 08:10:31 »
For all the people stating where they live and when they get stuff etc, for those in those locations, please remember I've done 4 different drop offs and they weren't done by location, but rather in the order in which people filled out the form

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline gth

« Reply #2601 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 12:06:46 »
Mine showed up today!
The stems are installed and my granites are on, super smooth. Now i just have to find a DSA topre spacebar.

A million thanks Bunny.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2602 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 12:08:27 »
Mine showed up today!
The stems are installed and my granites are on, super smooth. Now i just have to find a DSA topre spacebar.

A million thanks Bunny.

Great to hear thanks so much for sharing

Offline yomammary

« Reply #2603 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 12:24:16 »
That left control is a ****er.
Didn't have many issues, just 3 sliders that were sticking a bit and changed them.
Will post pics later.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline yomammary

« Reply #2604 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 13:39:47 »
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #2605 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 15:43:35 »
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2606 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 16:13:55 »

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #2607 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 18:16:26 »
For all the people stating where they live and when they get stuff etc, for those in those locations, please remember I've done 4 different drop offs and they weren't done by location, but rather in the order in which people filled out the form

Ahh thank you for clearing that up. Stoked.  :cool:

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #2608 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 19:53:43 »
i'll probably receive my sliders after a month or two  :))

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #2609 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 20:39:04 »
So I have a question - I see a lot of people here having to modify sliders to fit into their boards. Is there a model of topre keyboard that will just take these sliders as-is without modification?

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #2610 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 20:47:19 »
So I have a question - I see a lot of people here having to modify sliders to fit into their boards. Is there a model of topre keyboard that will just take these sliders as-is without modification?

you can buy a CM novatouch, realforce RGB, and those topre clone like the one from royal kludge or plum. they already have the mx sliders built-in. as for a keyboard that can hotswap sliders right off the bat, there is none. you need to open up the board to replace the sliders, not really hard though!

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #2611 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 20:50:23 »

you can buy a CM novatouch, realforce RGB, and those topre clone like the one from royal kludge or plum. they already have the mx sliders built-in. as for a keyboard that can hotswap sliders right off the bat, there is none. you need to open up the board to replace the sliders, not really hard though!

I think he's referring more to having to actually cut down keys/drill cases to fit. And to that answer, no there is no topre keyboard that isn't already MX compatible that you wouldn't have to do some minor modification to either sliders, case or keycaps.

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2612 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 20:51:59 »

I think he's referring more to having to actually cut down keys/drill cases to fit. And to that answer, no there is no topre keyboard that isn't already MX compatible that you wouldn't have to do some minor modification to either sliders, case or keycaps.

I think he's talking about how some people have to cut up the left shift on the realforce. I don't think you need to cut them up for a fc660c/hhkb

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #2613 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 21:05:25 »
gah, my bad. just woke up, haha

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #2614 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 21:11:05 »

Yep this was exactly my question and thanks for the answer. I kind of assumed this might be the case but I didn't really want to open up a board just to find out.

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #2615 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 21:11:52 »

I think he's talking about how some people have to cut up the left shift on the realforce. I don't think you need to cut them up for a fc660c/hhkb

Did not need to do any modification for my FC660C, though any SA caps would not fit well for the bigger modifiers like shift, capslock, and enter due to the larger housing and two additional stems of the SA keycap hitting it.
Does anyone have any problems with SA or GMK/JTK keycaps clearance for their modifiers?

*edit*
Not ctrl, capslock...
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 April 2017, 23:38:26 by fabian101 »
[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2616 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 21:12:45 »

Yep this was exactly my question and thanks for the answer. I kind of assumed this might be the case but I didn't really want to open up a board just to find out.

I think the weird left control or whatever it is is only on models with the led in control. Idk if they all have that

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #2617 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 21:18:13 »

Did not need to do any modification for my FC660C, though any SA caps would not fit well for the bigger modifiers like shift, ctrl, and enter due to the larger housing and two additional stems of the SA keycap hitting it.
Does anyone have any problems with SA or GMK/JTK keycaps clearance for their modifiers?

Oh interesting. That sounds more promising, despite the keycap issues.

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2618 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 21:51:08 »
I think you can fix clearance issues by sanding some of the cap down probably

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #2619 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 21:56:02 »
I got my sliders today and I'm using GMK Hyperfuse on my HHKB. I already had holes drilled for the left shift and enter and I don't have any problems.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #2620 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 22:47:09 »
I got my sliders today and I'm using GMK Hyperfuse on my HHKB. I already had holes drilled for the left shift and enter and I don't have any problems.

Sounds great! Please provide us with some photos of the finished product! (Pics of drilled holes as well please!)

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #2621 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 23:40:10 »
I think you can fix clearance issues by sanding some of the cap down probably

By sanding the stems? I think I would need to sand quite a bit of it to not interfere with the housing. I hope I would not encounter these issues with the JTK keycaps.
[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C

Offline yomammary

« Reply #2622 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 07:29:37 »
Show Image

Looks nice, thoughts?
I like it. The keycaps change the sound a bit but the feeling is the same.
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #2623 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 07:47:10 »
Any tracking info available? Can't wait for my order to show up :)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2624 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 08:00:10 »

It'll be updated to your support ticket shortly sir

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #2625 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 08:00:25 »
164925-0

I did find that one of my keycaps falls off if the board is upside down. It's really not a problem and I could always replace the slider.

More
The holes are not pretty but who cares

164927-1
164929-2

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2626 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 08:05:02 »
(Attachment Link)

I did find that one of my keycaps falls off if the board is upside down. It's really not a problem and I could always replace the slider.

More

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Very cool sir, I've taken the approach to mod my keys rather than the board but I actually think that looks fine so might take that plunge myself

Thanks so much for sharing

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #2627 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 08:36:33 »
(Attachment Link)

More

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Very cool sir, I've taken the approach to mod my keys rather than the board but I actually think that looks fine so might take that plunge myself

Thanks so much for sharing

Wow. Those are the cleanest holes I've seen yet! I'm pretty nervous about drilling the case because my OCD would kill me but this gives me hope...

Offline squeakypizza

« Reply #2628 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 09:17:22 »
(Attachment Link)

More

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I too can't wait for my sliders to get here.  Why did you have to drill holes in the board and or modifying the keycaps?

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2629 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 09:18:21 »
I've been debating whether I'll drill holes in my HHKB/660C or just sand down the stems of caps.  Probably going to go the hole method since I only have to do it once rather than for each set of caps I get, and I feel that I'd be more likely to sell the caps than boards should I ever need to.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2630 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 09:55:00 »
(Attachment Link)

More

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I too can't wait for my sliders to get here.  Why did you have to drill holes in the board and or modifying the keycaps?

Do avoid slight clearance issues on the escape/left shift key

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2631 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 09:55:53 »
I've been debating whether I'll drill holes in my HHKB/660C or just sand down the stems of caps.  Probably going to go the hole method since I only have to do it once rather than for each set of caps I get, and I feel that I'd be more likely to sell the caps than boards should I ever need to.

I'll making an installation guide this Sunday and will take the plunge and also do the drilling method so I can show both

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2632 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 10:15:31 »

Apologies if I'm repeating myself here (as per our conversation via PM recently) but would that be for everybody's support tickets or just Bektour's order specifically?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2633 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 10:16:25 »

Apologies if I'm repeating myself here (as per our conversation via PM recently) but would that be for everybody's support tickets or just Bektour's order specifically?

It would be dependent on the nature of the support ticket

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2634 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 10:22:49 »

Roger dodger, mine should probably be here till the end of the week so hopefully there'll be no need for tracking!

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #2635 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 10:25:11 »

Roger dodger, mine should probably be here till the end of the week so hopefully there'll be no need for tracking!

Here's to you and me both, waiting on extras replacements friend.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2636 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 10:26:29 »

If yours has shipped already I'll have tracking for you

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2637 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 10:35:20 »
To give a quick update on what's outstanding and left

Almost all sliders are completepy shipped, I have a list of 11 to be dropped off, I'll post those name tonight but block enough of the name out so the people should know who they are without giving the names away

Replacements I have been shipping in tandem with sliders, there are a small amount of replacements that still need to ship, this circumstance is where I needed stiff from both jtk as well as stuff I had on hand, once I have concluded shipping sliders later this week, I can drag the old stuff out and get those last few dudes taken care of, I willessage those people tonight via support ticket to let them know who they are and post here when that is done

I have a ton of extra topre spacebars, and also mx blank spacebars and the novelty doubleshot spacebars spare, if there is any interest in these being made available post below, and ill pop them up for sale and shipping once the replacents and sliders have completed shipping

« Last Edit: Wed, 05 April 2017, 10:43:50 by BunnyLake »

Offline kosm3

« Reply #2638 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 11:13:57 »

I'll making an installation guide this Sunday and will take the plunge and also do the drilling method so I can show both

Very nice, i will wait for it. Take care with drilling i don't want to see pics of crumbled plastics.

The pink spacebar is very very lovely thanks bunny!

« Last Edit: Wed, 05 April 2017, 11:20:56 by kosm3 »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2639 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 11:15:33 »
If yours has shipped already I'll have tracking for you

Yea mine shipped last Saturday, the second day you started shipping sliders off. Awesome!

Regarding space bars and extras stuff I'm 100% down for a bunch of topre bars in all sorts of colours if you do make them available. Potentially a few doubleshot novelty ones too.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2640 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 11:23:43 »

Almost all sliders are completepy shipped, I have a list of 11 to be dropped off, I'll post those name tonight but block enough of the name out so the people should know who they are without giving the names away

Replacements I have been shipping in tandem with sliders, there are a small amount of replacements that still need to ship, this circumstance is where I needed stiff from both jtk as well as stuff I had on hand, once I have concluded shipping sliders later this week, I can drag the old stuff out and get those last few dudes taken care of, I willessage those people tonight via support ticket to let them know who they are and post here when that is done

I have a ton of extra topre spacebars, and also mx blank spacebars and the novelty doubleshot spacebars spare, if there is any interest in these being made available post below, and ill pop them up for sale and shipping once the replacents and sliders have completed shipping

I could probably use another red and a couple of white ones. Maybe other colors too depending on the price ;)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2641 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 11:27:19 »

I could probably use another red and a couple of white ones. Maybe other colors too depending on the price ;)

Price wise I was looking at doing something like 5 spacebars for $15 shipped or something in that ballpark

And I guess I'll either do packs that include one of each colour or all of one colour to simplify packing

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2642 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 11:58:43 »
I'd be in for some spacebars at that price, would try my hand at frankensteining the stems into whatever 6u MX bars come in the keysets I want to use.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #2643 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 12:52:22 »
Yeah, I'd also buy some spacebars.

Offline Tsuruya

« Reply #2644 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 13:41:43 »

Just wondering, are costar style stabilizer stems part of the old stuff? I sent you my shipping info for a set after a pm convo with you about them and was guessing you'll get to those after you finish the slider orders and anything else before getting to it.

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #2645 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 13:59:47 »

I'm interested in some Topre spacebars  :thumb:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2646 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 14:08:14 »
ok so i believe i have 12 slider orders left to ship

other than the 12 listed below, if you are expecting a slider order you should either be on the public sheet, or should have received an email from me stating your order has shipped some point this week

here are the 12 names i have still to ship and these are packed and will go out friday

Josh K*****n
Brian N****n
Z*** H**z
Brian A****n
E**** C****l
Christian D******a
H***** P**k
J***** Y*
Steven B**
Andrew C****
M*****l S******k Jr

the 12th order is someone i spoke to in the last day or 2 via pm who still needed to fill out the form and i havent checked it yet but will do before shipping

if you are not on the public sheet, havent been emailed, and your name isnt above, and you have a slider order, please contact me immediately, however before you do, please make absolutely sure you have thoroughly checked the public sheet, as the last 5 or so people who messaged me saying they werent on that sheet, were

thanks

Offline Tsuruya

« Reply #2647 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 14:34:38 »
Hello good sir, pm sent about non slider inquiry

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2648 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 16:33:54 »
Sounds excellent regarding the spacebars, Bunnysir :)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #2649 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 16:49:08 »
Hopefully I get mine somewhat soon, I think I was in one of the first shipments. This lube and silencing rings are waiting for these things.  :)