Author Topic: [IC] TGR-Tris CE  (Read 93103 times)

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
Re: [IC] TGR-Tris CE Update 02/12/16
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:09:21 »
An the elementary school teacher makes another useless post.

How the **** is that relevant? Looking at you're profile, seems the only thing you've done in life so far is run a Minecraft server and fix computers for old people. Congrats

It's relevant because I stated multiple times that his posts are not contributing in any way.

Considering I took a video game and turned it into a way to make tens of thousands of dollars at the age of 14-16 I'd say it's pretty damn impressive. I don't know what you would classify as "old people" but I have built computers for a multitude of friends and local businesses. I'm now going to college for computer engineering so I'm furthering my education.

It's a point that I already brought up...

What are you eve talking about?

It was in response to slickmamba before you side tracked further.

What pedigree am I on? It was a friendly conversation asking hwood why he would choose pink over titanium grey to match his jane. He then said he would get his board anodized to which I warned him about the risks involved.

Slickmamba was a banker before taking up a nonprofit teaching program...

If you have this much time to talk about yourself why don't you just write us a novel.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline ArnavM

• Student of Metaphysics
« Reply #201 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:10:28 »
Remember when hwood just wanted a pink Tris & Jane .... Good times...
These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:13:07 »

How the **** is that relevant? Looking at you're profile, seems the only thing you've done in life so far is run a Minecraft server and fix computers for old people. Congrats

It's relevant because I stated multiple times that his posts are not contributing in any way.

Considering I took a video game and turned it into a way to make tens of thousands of dollars at the age of 14-16 I'd say it's pretty damn impressive. I don't know what you would classify as "old people" but I have built computers for a multitude of friends and local businesses. I'm now going to college for computer engineering so I'm furthering my education.

What pedigree am I on? It was a friendly conversation asking hwood why he would choose pink over titanium grey to match his jane. He then said he would get his board anodized to which I warned him about the risks involved.

Well it might help if you didn't talk to him so pedantically making baseless claims about a process you aren't that familiar with.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:15:50 »

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:19:11 »

You know damn well I was referring to you disparaging someone for their job. How much overhead is there for running a videogame server again?
And congrats with the computers, I built mine too. So did all my friends. At this point it's like mowing someones ****ing lawn, just put up some flyers.

Personal attacks are fun, right?

Then quote him, it's easy

If you want to keep talking, just PM me and take it out of here
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:22:54 by hwood34 »
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:19:32 »
Sorry for the ****show guys.  Not a big fan of illogical conversations. 
Hi :)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #206 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:21:27 »
But back on topic, how are the Tris protos coming along? Excited to see how the logo'd one comes out :thumb:

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #207 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:34:10 »
please, daily tris photos please.  and by that I mean the numpad.  any of the three designs looked great. 
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #208 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:36:19 »
please, daily tris photos please.  and by that I mean the numpad.  any of the three designs looked great.
^

I'm honestly so torn, the second design looks so clean, but the matching logo is tempting...

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #209 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:38:17 »

^

I'm honestly so torn, the second design looks so clean, but the matching logo is tempting...

haha same.   I missed out on the TGR, but I'm wondering whether having logos on both and having them side by side would look okay. 
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline joey

« Reply #210 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:38:55 »

^

haha same.   I missed out on the TGR, but I'm wondering whether having logos on both and having them side by side would look okay.
It would look awesome :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #211 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 13:39:45 »

^

I'm planning on leaving mine on the left side, so that problem would be moot. But yea, that could have mixed results being right next to each other

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #212 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 14:06:11 »
I really like this!

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #213 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 14:12:04 »
Yeah, proto pics please! I personally am leaning toward the logo as it'll match my Jane.

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #214 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 20:44:21 »

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #215 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 23:45:51 »

If you have this much time to talk about yourself why don't you just write us a novel.

A novel is a long narrative, normally in prose, which describes fictional characters and events, usually in the form of a sequential story.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novel)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 23:47:11 »

A novel is a long narrative, normally in prose, which describes fictional characters and events, usually in the form of a sequential story.

No, a novel is something new. :))

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #217 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 23:49:40 »

If you want to start something, quoting wikipedia isn't your best bet..
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #218 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 23:53:21 »

Would you care to elaborate?
Don't you think that the definition that wikipedia gives us here is
rather accurate?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #219 on: Sat, 05 March 2016, 23:54:26 »

rather accurate?

Wikipedia can be edited by anyone.

Novel was a word that describes my opinion, I don't get why you feel the need to bring this up.

Check Webster or literally any dictionary for a more accurate definition.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #221 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:01:33 »

rather accurate?

Novel was a word that describes my opinion, I don't get why you feel the need to bring this up.

I'll just say this: dictionaries are written and edited by people too. They're not perfect definitions, but they're fairly accurate. Oftentimes you'll have preferences over one depending if you prefer a prescriptive or descriptive approach.
Wikipedia is edited by anyone, but those anyones very well can be the same editors of dictionaries. That, and some articles can have pretty strict policies on writing and editing.

Wikipedia may not have the authority of other sources, but it's a pretty good determiner of general definitions.

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #222 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:02:32 »

rather accurate?

I'll just say this: dictionaries are written and edited by people too. They're not perfect definitions, but they're fairly accurate. Oftentimes you'll have preferences over one depending if you prefer a prescriptive or descriptive approach.
Wikipedia is edited by anyone, but those anyones very well can be the same editors of dictionaries. That, and some articles can have pretty strict policies on writing and editing.

Wikipedia may not have the authority of other sources, but it's a pretty good determiner of general definitions.

Wouldn't hold up in a debate or any research >_<.

He's just trying to stir up drama.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #223 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:04:06 »

rather accurate?

"Wikipedia can be edited by anyone."

Holy ****, we'd better get our umbrellas out because it's raining cold hard facts in here.
I won't even get into this argument honestly, saying something like "Wikipedia can be edited by anyone." when
I am quoting the most basic common knowledge that you might possibly quote from wikipedia just proves that you didn't
care to pay attention in class at all.

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #224 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:08:25 »

rather accurate?

"Wikipedia can be edited by anyone."

Holy ****, we'd better get our umbrellas out because it's raining cold hard facts in here.
I won't even get into this argument honestly, saying something like "Wikipedia can be edited by anyone." when
I am quoting the most basic common knowledge that you might possibly quote from wikipedia just proves that you didn't
care to pay attention in class at all.

Better person than I am for walking away.  Good choice.  Now as for quoting wiki.....
Hi :)

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:09:54 »
sooo, dumb question.  what's the angle for TGRs?  not as steep as duck boards?

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #226 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:11:30 »

The Jane CE feels just as steep as any Duck I've had to me.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:15:38 »

i just poked around real quick.  Jane (non-CE) was 8 degrees, whereas Duck Octagon V1 was 11 degrees.  pretty close, but a little less.  that's cool since personally my wrists don't do well with too much incline.

TGR Jane
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73956.0
Duck Octagon V1
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65036.0

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #228 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:17:29 »
Apparently Cambridge is with the less worthy wiki people on the definition of "novel". Holy..

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #229 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:29:41 »
Apparently Cambridge is with the less worthy wiki people on the definition of "novel". Holy..

I won't even get into this argument honestly, saying something like "Wikipedia can be edited by anyone."

You started this, don't pretend like you're the "better" person here.

But regardless as for my education, pretty sure the first rule of research papers is "do not quote wikipedia".

I don't get what your point is since you would nonchalantly post a wikipedia definition to my reply.

But let's end this once and for all, because you have this need to defend yourself.

Let's take Webster for example:  (oxford gives a similar definition as well)

Now notice here this definition is more open, because lets admit it theirs a lot of leeway in the English language for interpretation.

Let's zoom in a bit on what part I'm looking at

Yep.

Now I won't be replying here anymore, and this post will end up getting reported, but there ya go.

Wikipedia is a good source for general information, but to go as far as quoting it, don't think so.
Keyboards:
Aripeko TKL

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #230 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:35:00 »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:40:35 »
No more offtopic posting. Take it to pms. Any further posts will be removed and users will be warned. Cheers

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #232 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:45:54 »
Good god, this is the most asinine and retarded argument.  Just stop already.

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #233 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:48:44 »

i just poked around real quick.  Jane (non-CE) was 8 degrees, whereas Duck Octagon V1 was 11 degrees.  pretty close, but a little less.  that's cool since personally my wrists don't do well with too much incline.

TGR Jane
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=73956.0
Duck Octagon V1
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65036.0
Looks like the CE is the same as the original Jane with 8 degrees too.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76964

No more offtopic posting. Take it to pms. Any further posts will be removed and users will be warned. Cheers
Thank you.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 March 2016, 01:01:33 by KnivesM »
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline HannahPeach

« Reply #234 on: Sun, 06 March 2016, 00:50:44 »
Good god, this is the most asinine and retarded argument.  Just stop already.

screw this, sorry for being mad.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #235 on: Fri, 11 March 2016, 15:01:52 »
Is there a Wikipedia entry for hyperbole?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #236 on: Fri, 11 March 2016, 15:02:21 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #237 on: Fri, 11 March 2016, 15:08:06 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Data

« Reply #238 on: Fri, 11 March 2016, 15:57:35 »
This thread is scary.

I feel bad for yuktsi.

Offline sleepimonster

« Reply #239 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 08:03:16 »
Which PCB will fit this case , sir?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 09:28:10 »
Which PCB will fit this case , sir?
at this moment, only the txpad will fit
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 16:52:50 »
Pics or it didn't happen.  :-*

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 17:30:27 »
Why are there so many catfights on this thread
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 17:34:45 »

Because cats love thread.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 17:44:38 »

This is a serious contender for my new signature quote
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 22:15:10 »
haih, the project will be delayed until I find a good anodizing factory.
I am seeing a factory who does anodizing for Canon camera housing on next Monday
Hopefully they are interested in such small quantity
fingers crossed   :(
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 22:18:52 »
I am seeing a factory who does anodizing for Canon camera housing on next Monday

What happened to the factory that anodized the Jane + Jane CE? I felt their quality was excellent.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #247 on: Wed, 16 March 2016, 23:00:26 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 17 March 2016, 18:46:56 »

This is a serious contender for my new signature quote

I please to aim.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #249 on: Sat, 19 March 2016, 08:08:07 »
yuktsi, is that one of your designs currently on Massdrop?