Author Topic: WARNING: 21 KEYBOARDS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. GET THEM B4 THEY ARE GON  (Read 4361 times)

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
"Adesso Foldable Mini Keyboard"

*looks at address bar*

"buzzfeed"

oh.

Offline Tangtawan

This is highly clickbait.
My boards : Model F AT (6450200), Industrial M (1394950), Model M SSK (1391472), Model M13 (13H6705), Model M (1390131), Focus FK-2001 (ALPS SKCM Blue), HHKB Pro 2, Realforce 87U 55g, KBP V80 Matias Click, TADA68 (Gateron Reds), Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (67g Ergo Clears), Cherry G80-11800 (Ergo Clears), KBT One 108 (MX White), Ducky One TKL RGB (MX Black), Filco Majestouch Tenkeypad (MX Brown), Leopold FC210TP (MX Red)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
The USB typewriter is pretty cool.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Ugh, I hate it when sites or reviewers do stuff like this. It's so unprofessional :/ .

I'd love to give the Type Heaven a go though. All I need is to convince Topre to give me one xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
That mixed skin decal at the end is pretty bad-ass.

Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
The Logitech Washable K310 Keyboard

Definitely useful for science.

Offline ThoughtArtist

I have the K400 and it's pretty decent, but I really wish it was backlit for HTPC use.

Offline 1391406

I'd love to give the Type Heaven a go though.

Skip the Type Heaven and go straight for an RF 104UB.
Unicomp Classic | Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blues) | IBM Model M (1391401) | IBM XT Model F | IBM AT Model F | Dell AT101W | 122-key IBM Model F
IBM Model M13 | Apple Extended Keyboard | Apple Extended Keyboard II | MTEK K104 | NTC KB-6251/2 | Realforce 87U | Realforce 104U | Type Heaven

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Didn't mention HHKB.

Bookmark deleted.

Normal service has been resumed.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Malenky

A better title for the article would have been "21 Keyboards"

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
I've used probably half of them, and something similar to most of the rest, you aren't missing anything.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline jamster

Saw "buzzfeed" in the URL so the mental filter kicked in and I stopped reading.

Offline yomammary

No HHKB? GUYS COME ON!
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
They must be playing to their advertising department, otherwise why such embarrassingly mundane selections?
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline Mrs. Butter

No HHKB? GUYS COME ON!

HHKB is not washable. Dishwasher-proof is the new cool.
Silent RF 87u / CM Novatouch / Leopold FC660c

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
Some real winners in there.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline G-Dubs

I'll endorse the Logitech washable keyboard. I got one for my wife for about $30 a while back. She has spilled a number of things on it, but it still works like new. I had no idea the MSRP was $80, geez.
KUL ES-87 MX Red || KBP V60 Matias Linear || KBP V60 Matias Quiet Click || Varmilo VA87MR Gateron Black || Leopold FC210P MX Black

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
The only keyboard on that list that in MY opinion is somewhat good is the POK3R. The person who wrotes has a point in considering getting a good keyboard if you sit behind your computer alot. But what the hell, recommending a damn foldable/rollable keyboard for a nice typing experience?!? Last time i checked they barely even work. Oh and he likes blues and browns  :-\ 
TP4 fanboy

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
No model F its trash

Offline piemancoder

Yoda grammar best has

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
No model F its trash

You can't put things in lists like that unless they are currently available for people to buy off the shelf.
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline LiquidEvilGaming

• LiquidEvilGaming Youtube
Didn't mention HHKB.

Bookmark deleted.

Normal service has been resumed.

You win the internets today.
Current Daily Driver/s
White Leopold 750R MX Reds
Head of LiquidEvilGaming on Youtube
i7 4790k/16GB DDR3/GTX 1060 6GB SSC/256GB Samsung SSD/2TB SSHD/W10

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
I actually have a review of the K400 (the Logitech with touchpad) written, I just need to go over it and put pictures in.

It's bad.
Every reviewer thinks it's a great keyboard, but that's because they didn't actually use it how it was intended.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
zero substance
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline kekman

• quit life
another buzzfeed article with 0 information and terrible selection

and the author is a das shill to top it off

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
I have the K400 and it's pretty decent, but I really wish it was backlit for HTPC use.
K830: backlit, with top-tier scissor switches

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
Saw buzzfeed in URL,
didn't click link,
read posts,
realised buzzfeed delivered again

Offline Tyr

Clackbait.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
B4 THEY ARE GON

nice job packing those buzzwords in the title
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Something to note.
K400 shown in the article is actually the K400 Plus model, not the K400.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 May 2016, 19:38:35 by Leslieann »
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
4. The Topre Type Heaven ($155)
21 Keyboards That Your Fingers Will Thank You For Hate You For
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Touch_It

Well, at least there are some mechanical keyboards on the list.  Monoprice ****s up their keyboards with iso enter keys though :/.

Visit the Typing Test and try!